PDA

View Full Version : One AWESOME thing about that Ravens game

JustinM
09-12-2011, 11:53 PM
We now have the BEST motivational footage for our guys. Play a couple clips right before a game and our Steelers will instantly get that hunger-to-win feeling!

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 11:56 PM
"hunger"?

i'd get the feeling of wanting to puke after seeing that again.

:puke:

JustinM
09-12-2011, 11:57 PM
"hunger"?

i'd get the feeling of wanting to puke after seeing that again.

:puke:

I'm guessing you've never been on a competitive sports team and had that 'rivalry' with another team.

ricardisimo
09-13-2011, 12:07 AM
No, the one awesome thing is that I'm drinking considerably less than when they dominate. Losing some weight, too. Nice.

PINDEL1
09-13-2011, 02:47 AM
In away I am glad they played the game early. Now we know exactly what to work on both O & D. I hope we are more competitive in our next game with them.

Wallace17
09-13-2011, 03:21 AM
Feel sick about the game the only good thing and only person who came to play was mike wallace, and seems to me he wont be around next year. Lets get over this maybe tomlin will come understand he needs to do something about the secondary issue.

JustinM
09-13-2011, 03:27 AM
Feel sick about the game the only good thing and only person who came to play was mike wallace, and seems to me he wont be around next year. Lets get over this maybe tomlin will come understand he needs to do something about the secondary issue.

are YOU mike wallace?

PhantomJB93
09-13-2011, 04:26 PM
More reason to start the young guys: they don't have rings yet. I can't help but think a lot of the veterans are lacking a bit of motivation after seeing them play Sunday, they're at the end of their careers and have already won more SBs than most players even even play in. I'm not saying they don't care at all but if you step into their shoes, there's a big difference between a young guy trying to make a name for himself and win a championship and a guy at the end of his career who's already a star and accomplished just about everything you can in the NFL. I feel like the young guys would play with a better "spark"

Mick0311
09-13-2011, 05:16 PM
That's one way of looking at it, but I'm not sure if I would classify it as awesome though. It's early, and we all know that this is not how it is going to go down next time. It will most likely be a grudge match like it always is. That's what I would take away from it.

kirklandrules
09-13-2011, 08:03 PM
No, I would say the awesome part of this game is that the Steelers now know what it feels like to be violently gang raped in a prison shower ... and they don't want that feeling again. :shake01:

stb_steeler
09-13-2011, 08:16 PM
No, the one awesome thing is that I'm drinking considerably less than when they dominate. Losing some weight, too. Nice.

HAHA......im drinkin more :chug::alcoholic:shots:

bobby jr
09-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Well there wasn't just one awesome thing. There were so many awesome things. Flacco's passing, Ray Rice's running, the Ravens defense, Ed Reed......:thumbsup:

Before I depart until the next Steelers Ravens game, here is a tidbit I'd like to leave you guys with. I can tell most of you don't like John Harbaugh. But after this game you should at least respect him.

After the Ravens lost another heartbreaker to the Steelers in January, Harbaugh decided not to just get mad.
He decided to get even. The Ravens rebuilt their team over the off season, for the express purpose of matching up well with the Steelers, to beat the Steelers. And not just to beat them, to beat them badly, so there would be no more last minute losses. The games cannot be left to a bad call by the ref, or a lucky blind side hit on the QB in the closing seconds of the game. Harbaugh decided to wipe the Steelers out and the Ravens brass worked for that specific goal.

Even if the Ravens don't match quite up as well against other teams besides the Steelers this season, they are a powerhouse team. If the Ravens beat the Steelers twice, it will pretty much guarantee the Ravens the division. Because the other teams are weak.

But Harbaugh can say it better than I can.. here is an excerpt from his Baltimore Magazine interview this month. . his words were prophetic.
And it is clear from reading this that John Harbaugh wants a repeat performance in Heinz field in November. Not just a win, but Beat Down, Part II.
I would not bet against the man.

http://www.baltimoremagazine.net/people/2011/09/life-coach

"We've gotta find a way to beat the Steelers," he says. "We've gotta get so much better than them that we bury them the next time we play, and then we come back and bury them again and again. Whatever we gotta do to put our foot on their throat and not let them up. When you walk out there and 75,000 Terrible Towels are waving and they've got the music going, that song they do by Styx, 'Renegade'—I hate that song! But it gets you fired up because you want to be in that situation."

tony hipchest
09-13-2011, 08:44 PM
harbaugh has gon as far as hating a styx song? LMAO!!!!

what a puss. he worries about far too many insignificant things to ever get his team in a superbowl.

really??? whining about 75,000 terrible towels? :toofunny:

next thing you know, he'll be crying that mike tomlins dick is bigger than his.

Sixburgher
09-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Later, troll.

Lambertfan
09-13-2011, 08:49 PM
The game should be played on every tv/monitor on the southside even the unirals and crappers..Hienz Field big screens screens on the parkways...etc...

tony hipchest
09-14-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm guessing you've never been on a competitive sports team and had that 'rivalry' with another team.im guessing you have never coached a competive sports team and had to deal with such a loss as the ultimate leader. :noidea:

the weak players are the ones who need the motivation you speak of. however, i dont want any of those weak players on my team in the first place.

why watch it over and over, when youve already lived it?

great coaches like chuck noll would agree.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-14-2011, 01:50 AM
I can tell most of you don't like John Harbaugh. But after this game you should at least respect him.

After the Ravens lost another heartbreaker to the Steelers in January, Harbaugh decided not to just get mad.
He decided to get even.

Ummm...isn't that the job description of "head coach"? It took him until an 0-6 record against Ben Roethlisberger to get tough and finally decide he is sick of getting beaten by the Steelers?

You may not like Mike Tomlin, BUT AT LEAST HE DIDN'T B1TCH AND COMPLAIN TO THE NFL ABOUT HAVING TO GO TO M&T BANK STADIUM IN WEEK 1 IN FRONT OF A HOSTILE CROWD....UNLIKE SOME OTHER GUYS I KNOW OF WHOSE LAST NAME STARTS WITH "HAR" AND ENDS WITH "BAUGH".

:tt::tt:

JustinM
09-14-2011, 02:16 AM
im guessing you have never coached a competive sports team and had to deal with such a loss as the ultimate leader. :noidea:

the weak players are the ones who need the motivation you speak of. however, i dont want any of those weak players on my team in the first place.

why watch it over and over, when youve already lived it?

great coaches like chuck noll would agree.

obviously you've never been God who is in charge of all coaches in the world. Motivation makes strong players only stronger.

steeltheone
09-14-2011, 06:06 AM
:rofl::rofl:No, I would say the awesome part of this game is that the Steelers now know what it feels like to be violently gang raped in a prison shower ... and they don't want that feeling again. :shake01: