PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin's Forum

LVfan
06-04-2006, 06:35 PM
I found this on the Miami Dolphin's forum:

Is there a reason why we should fear Pittsburgh Week 1.
I dont think there is any reason we should

NO. Miami 24 Pitt 7.

You might call me a homer, but I think that we have got a better team than Pittsburgh, I mean they got to the playoffs as a wildcard and descarting their incredible fake or "trap" plays, I think we have more talent than them...

but not all of the posters agreed with these:

Yeah, there's no reason to fear the defending champs.
You guys are too much.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=144617

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Wow I say let them think that. I love when people count the Steelers out. It makes it that much sweeter when we win. Plus if the Phins fans think their QB situation if fine with Daunte "I tore three knee ligaments" Culpepper and Joey "I'm a bust" Harrington they might want to rethink some of those statements. The Phins are going to need a passing game to take the heat off of Ronnie Brown. If not the Steelers run defense will totally shut down Brown.

As of now I don't think Culpepper will be ready so its looking to me its going to be Joey Harrington in the opener. Plus the Steelers will be wanting to come out on fire in defense of their title. I'm going to feel sorry for which ever QB starts. The Steelers defense is going to be in Daunte's or Joey's face all day.

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I recall Colt fans stating the exact same thing the second time around in Indy. Let them talk all they want. Talk is cheap. Sunday night in Pittsburgh is all that matters to me.

WWIIOwheelz
06-04-2006, 06:58 PM
The Pittsburgh run defense can shut down ANYONE. The dolphins will be an improved team, but they aren't the same class of football team as the Steelers. I can't fathom how anyone could say they didn't feel as though they had anything to worry about when facing the returning world champions, who incidently did nothing but improve with an excellent draft.

You can almost feel the IQ barometer dipping lower.

tony hipchest
06-04-2006, 06:58 PM
the dolphins lost their best player in rickey williams .......again. they are silly.

Indy_Steelers
06-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Culpepper is over rated and his best years are far behind him. I did not hear anybody in Viking Country cry when he left. He turns the ball over too much. Miami would have been much better off with Brees. I can respect the Dolphins franchise but the 2006 team? We will have to wait and see. At best I think they are a wild card.

Stlrs4Life
06-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Well, let them think that way. They'll find out the hard way.

clevestinks
06-04-2006, 07:25 PM
I actually give thier fans credit! We wouldn`t ever want anything but to think that our team was going win.

This is what makes football such a great sport.

They may be a little over anxious for the first loss of the season though!

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I actually give thier fans credit! We wouldn`t ever want anything but to think that our team was going win.

I agree. I would expect statements out of pure confidence. Calling for a victory is one thing, but stating "I mean they got to the playoffs as a wildcard and descarting their incredible fake or "trap" plays, I think we have more talent than them..." shows a total lack of knowledge of this football team and the game of football in general.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 07:28 PM

I hear what you are saying Cleve and your right I would hope any teams fan base would have faith in their team. But saying the Phins are going to beat the Steelers 24-7 in Pittsburgh. I think thats a bit extreme. Not that Steelers fans are ever extreme.:rolleyes:

clevestinks
06-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I hear what you are saying Cleve and your right I would hope any teams fan base would have faith in their team. But saying the Phins are going to beat the Steelers 24-7 in Pittsburgh. I think thats a bit extreme. Not that Steelers fans are ever extreme.:rolleyes:
True, but at least thier fan base cannot be blamed for the screw up R.Williams, that just ruined everything for them

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 07:39 PM
True, but at least thier fan base cannot be blamed for the screw up R.Williams, that just ruined everything for them

Yea Ricky did screw them over. But they do have Ronnie Brown to fall back on. The Phins need a healthy Culpepper. Granted Daunte was stinking the joint up with the Vikings before his terrible injury. But noway the Phins go anywhere with Mr. Harrington at QB. Phins fans should be excited though. Nick Saban did do a good job as coach in his first season. I don't think the Phins over take the Pats for the AFC East just yet. But they are headed in the right direction under Saban.

That first game for the Phins though is going to be rough one for them. Steelers in Pittsburgh in their first game in defense of their Title. Steelers are going to very pumped and ready to take it to the Dolphins.:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

StillerPaul
06-04-2006, 07:58 PM
There is no way we lose on opening night. The crowd and players will be super charged. It's our first game back from an amazing Super Bowl run. We have the best QB in the NFL and he is totally surrounded by homerun hitters. In years past, yeah, we would get caught being over-confident. But no longer. Not with this team and this QB.

Miami has comparable talent to us ??? They better check their D, WR's, O-line and QB positions again. LOL

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 08:02 PM
:sign01: :tt: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!! HERE WE GO!!!!! :tt: :sign01:

Jimmy James
06-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I recall Colt fans stating the exact same thing the second time around in Indy. Let them talk all they want. Talk is cheap. Sunday night in Pittsburgh is all that matters to me.

If you show up Sunday night, you're going to be about three days late, chief.

:sofunny:

Now on to the topic in general...I personally want to see Cleo Lemon start the game so the headline will read:

Saban Takes Lemon, Makes Lemonade

when we win.

I think it's going to be a thrilling way to open the season. The Steelers better come out of the gate strong because that's exactly what my Dolphins do.

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Whoops, Thursday night. Please forgive me. :rolleyes:

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 08:08 PM
The Steelers better come out of the gate strong because that's exactly what my Dolphins do.

Yeah it stinks for us. On opening day in front of the home crowd after coming off a Super Bowl victory our boys tend to be depressed, scared, tired and out of shape.

I'm concerned....:rolleyes:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 08:10 PM
If you show up Sunday night, you're going to be about three days late, chief.

:sofunny:

Now on to the topic in general...I personally want to see Cleo Lemon start the game so the headline will read:

Saban Takes Lemon, Makes Lemonade

when we win.

I think it's going to be a thrilling way to open the season. The Steelers better come out of the gate strong because that's exactly what my Dolphins do.

The Steelers will be ready and they will come out strong. Phins are a good football team. I just have some questions about them as the season looms. But Saban does have them headed in the right direction. It should be a good game. I'm not making any predictions yet. Way to early for that stuff.

LVfan
06-04-2006, 08:35 PM
I must say I am impressed, the fans in this forum seem to be far more courteous than those on the Dolphin's forum. Almost everyone has given props to Saban and the Dolphins for their progress. Steelers and Fins are my two favorite teams, I am really looking forward to this game...

Livinginthe past
06-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I would make the Steelers pretty heavy favorites for this one based on last years respective performances.

Any time there is major change at key positions, there is a reason for optimism - and the Dolphins have had a hard time finding a decent QB since the days of Marino - so its understandable they are pumped about getting Culpepper.

Harrington should be the best back up QB in the league - Detriot is just a horrible football team, and a poorly managed organisation - it will be interesting to see how he pans out in Miami.

Having said this, I have seen some crazy predictions in the media this offseason proclaiming the Dolphins to be practical shoe-ins for the AFC East - they have lost their two most dominating DB's in recent times and Ronnie Brown is now going to have to carry the load himself next year.

Steelers 21 - Dolphins 3

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 08:41 PM
I must say I am impressed, the fans in this forum seem to be far more courteous than those on the Dolphin's forum. Almost everyone has given props to Saban and the Dolphins for their progress. Steelers and Fins are my two favorite teams, I am really looking forward to this game...

Well even though I'm a diehard Steelers fan. I'm also a fan of the NFL. I try to show respect to other teams and players. I like to talk pigskin not talk smack. Smack is fun but I'm more interested in reall football conversations.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Having said this, I have seen some crazy predictions in the media this offseason proclaiming the Dolphins to be practical shoe-ins for the AFC East

Not to me. The Pats are still the team to beat in the AFC East. As long as Tom Brady is healthy and under center the Pats will be a threat not only in that division but the whole AFC. I have some questions about the Pats myself but not enough for me to say that the Dolphins will the AFC East.

Jimmy James
06-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah it stinks for us. On opening day in front of the home crowd after coming off a Super Bowl victory our boys tend to be depressed, scared, tired and out of shape.

I'm concerned....:rolleyes:

Hey, lots of teams can't even gear it up for the Super Bowl based on their performance (I'm thinking of the Falcons, the Raiders, and the Eagles in recent times). Pittsburgh's Super Bowl performance wasn't among the most overpowering in league history, either. I'm not going to start running the officiating smack on you because I think that crap is unfair. The point is still there to be made that it wasn't exactly Niners over Dolphins territory.

Jimmy James
06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Well even though I'm a diehard Steelers fan. I'm also a fan of the NFL. I try to show respect to other teams and players. I like to talk pigskin not talk smack. Smack is fun but I'm more interested in reall football conversations.

You and any of the rest of you folks would be welcomed over at FinHeaven should you choose to travel there. We're a huge freaking board, but it's the more the merrier. We always seem to draw a few dozen supporters of our foe of the week and have a good time with the smack.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 10:05 PM
You and any of the rest of you folks would be welcomed over at FinHeaven should you choose to travel there. We're a huge freaking board, but it's the more the merrier. We always seem to draw a few dozen supporters of our foe of the week and have a good time with the smack.

I just joined.

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Hey, lots of teams can't even gear it up for the Super Bowl based on their performance (I'm thinking of the Falcons, the Raiders, and the Eagles in recent times).

Okay, let's subtract that Super Bowl win. Opening day, in Pittsburgh, nationally televised game. Let's just say we'll be ready.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Ah the trash talking is already starting to get underway with these guys.

A better team than us ?? :rofl:

I'll give them credit, getting Daunte will be a huge addition for them if/when he gets healthy but they still have alot of work to do...

William Munney
06-05-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm impressed with what Saban has done with the Fish, but opening game against the Super Bowl Champs they are going to get thumped, hard!

Steel Pit
06-05-2006, 02:56 AM

Just a freindly reminder, Week #1 will be played on Thursday night in Pittsburgh.

Oops, reminder to myself, Someone has already reminded 83-Steelers-43 that the game is on Thursday night.

Santonio4
06-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Dolphins fans are idiots. I know some and they are not the brightest people i know.

LVfan
06-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Dolphins fans are idiots. I know some and they are not the brightest people i know.

You couldn't be more right. It is a well known fact that intelligence is directly correlated with what football team you root for. I guess I should go tell Mensa that I am a Dolphins fan so they can rightfully remove my membership.

83-Steelers-43
06-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Just a freindly reminder, Week #1 will be played on Thursday night in Pittsburgh.

Oops, reminder to myself, Someone has already reminded 83-Steelers-43 that the game is on Thursday night.

lol, thankfully. I might have been waiting outside the Heinz Field gates on Sunday night wondering why I'm the only one there. Thanks for the reminder Steel_Pit. :smile:

Mosca
06-05-2006, 11:59 AM
(deleted)

Jimmy James
06-05-2006, 12:11 PM

Perhaps this speaks more to the type of people you know than to Dolphins fans in general.

shimmysteelerfan
06-05-2006, 01:18 PM
You couldn't be more right. It is a well known fact that intelligence is directly correlated with what football team you root for. I guess I should go tell Mensa that I am a Dolphins fan so they can rightfully remove my membership.

:sofunny: :sofunny:

Elvis
06-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I dont know about everyone else, but I am looking so forward to the Thursday Night opener.. The Dolphins will be drastically improved this year and if they get help at QB this year they could be the team to be there in the AFC East.. Will be a good match up in my opinion..
Elvis

LVfan
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I dont know about everyone else, but I am looking so forward to the Thursday Night opener.. The Dolphins will be drastically improved this year and if they get help at QB this year they could be the team to be there in the AFC East.. Will be a good match up in my opinion..
Elvis

I agree, this is a great matchup between two of the great franchises in NFL history. The Steelers are on top of the sport and the Dolphin's are on the rise. I am very excited. The Steelers have the huge advantage of team chemistry while the Dolphins have only the preseason to get used to one another, this problem could be amplified if DC is unable to play in the preseason (he is projected to start against the Steelers). The Steelers might have a problem if they are overconfident going into this game (More commonly known as the Indy Colt's Disease). Cower can solve this problem easily by having them wear the away jerseys! :hasign:

Petesburgh66
06-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Some of those Dolphin fans really need a reality check on that board. Improved or not, your not going to come into Pittsburgh and expect to win easily.

BigDude66687
06-06-2006, 12:46 AM
lol already smashing the steelers, lol, let them, it doesnt matter what fans think, its all about the Black and Gold on the field, i'm precicting a 38-10 blowout because its gonna Harrington starting for Miami, and LeBeau is gonna have a field day :)

Petesburgh66
06-06-2006, 12:49 AM
I would expect Ben to have a field day as well. Miami re-built there secondary and I expect the Steelers to take advantage of it.

Jimmy James
06-06-2006, 02:10 AM
I would expect Ben to have a field day as well. Miami re-built there secondary and I expect the Steelers to take advantage of it.

You would be well advised to reconsider that expectation. If there was a year to hope to expose Miami's secondary, it was last year. Madison isn't the same player he once was, and Will Poole was hurt all last year. I know you guys don't know the name, but he's the guy who shut down Chad Johnson for almost the whole game the last time Miami played the Bengals. Surtain was out that game, and Chad had his only catch that mattered literally one play after Poole checked out of the game for a minor injury.

Poole should be back strong by the start of the season because he was hurt in minicamp last year. Travis Daniels was promising last year. Yeremiah Bell was also promising at safety. Those two return, and a host of proven veterans like Reynaldo Hill, Andre Goodman, and Will Allen have been added in addition to first round pick safety Jason Allen.

The defense is going to be stout. Pittsburgh's hope rests on the offense not having it together if you ask me.

Petesburgh66
06-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Poole should be back strong by the start of the season because he was hurt in minicamp last year. Travis Daniels was promising last year. Yeremiah Bell was also promising at safety. Those two return, and a host of proven veterans like Reynaldo Hill, Andre Goodman, and Will Allen have been added in addition to first round pick safety Jason Allen.

The defense is going to be stout. Pittsburgh's hope rests on the offense not having it together if you ask me.

You don't make a strong arguement here to change my mind. Your saying Poole should be back, Daniels and Bell were promising. This is an unproven secondary in my view.

Jimmy James
06-07-2006, 01:29 AM
You don't make a strong arguement here to change my mind. Your saying Poole should be back, Daniels and Bell were promising. This is an unproven secondary in my view.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of improvement from last year. Last year, the secondary consisted of Madison (who had clearly lost a step to be kind), Daniels (a rookie), Bell (in his first year of significant playing time), and Schulters. It's pretty much a no brainer that the first three are going to be better. Poole is better than what Madison was last year. Daniels will be better. Bell will be better. We're looking at likely either Hill or Jason Allen at the other safety slot. That's all assuming that some other acquisition doesn't outperform somebody pencilled in as a starter. We can draw an inference from the fact that Hill was signed and Schulters was not pursued (despite being on the market a long time) that the coaching staff expects that last position will improve.

Last year's defense was pretty darn credible, particularly given the hit or miss presence of the offense last year. This year's defense will be better. Will it be up to the standard of say the 2002 or 2003 squad? Perhaps not.