effyou515
09-13-2011, 12:14 PM
to the practice squard

Might be next years FB.

Fire Arians
09-13-2011, 12:22 PM
to the practice squard

Might be next years FB.

hopefully not, I'm sick of this TE being used as fullbacks experiment, it's failed, and most notably in big games, like the super bowl, where johnson knifed between 2 defenders, causing a big hit and fumble.

This is arians last year on contract and hopefully it stays that way. we can maybe have an offensive coordinator that will actually bring in someone who was meant to play fullback

kirklandrules
09-13-2011, 12:25 PM
hopefully not, I'm sick of this TE being used as fullbacks experiment, it's failed, and most notably in big games, like the super bowl, where johnson knifed between 2 defenders, causing a big hit and fumble.

This is arians last year on contract and hopefully it stays that way. we can maybe have an offensive coordinator that will actually bring in someone who was meant to play fullback

I'm totally with you ... just posted similar thought on the FB issue in a Blame Ben thread.

Rick5895
09-13-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm totally with you ... just posted similar thought on the FB issue in a Blame Ben thread.

If they were going to get a true fullback , Lousaka Polite was cut from miami and he would have been "perfect" for us.

PhantomJB93
09-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah I'm tired of no real fullback either. The Mendenhall fumble in the SB should have taught them this (it was entirely David Johnson's fault). It's almost like they want to make things as hard on Ben and the running game as possible.

I think Dorin will be a really nice option at TE at some point though. He reminds me of the Ravens TE (Ed Dickson) who beasted on us the other day.

Buddha Bus
09-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Yeah I'm tired of no real fullback either. The Mendenhall fumble in the SB should have taught them this (it was entirely David Johnson's fault). It's almost like they want to make things as hard on Ben and the running game as possible.

I think Dorin will be a really nice option at TE at some point though. He reminds me of the Ravens TE (Ed Dickson) who beasted on us the other day.

Yep, and if you watch the replay of Mendenhall's fumble from Sunday, you will see David Johnson, again, walk right by the blitzing defender looking like he's in need of a road map. :doh:

I hope the Steelers pay attention to what the addition of Vontae Leach has done for Baltimore already. We need a good old-fashioned wrecking ball of a fullback again.

fer522
09-13-2011, 04:26 PM
yep, im with you guys we need a true fullback and a true OC