PDA

View Full Version : Jamon Meredith signed

55BaileyFan
09-13-2011, 03:26 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/09/jamon-meredith.html

Meredith will take Colon's spot on the roster.

PhantomJB93
09-13-2011, 03:29 PM
No Flozell? Ugh...

Scott-Kemo-Pouncey-Legursky-Meredith/Gilbert/god help us not Trai Essex? I almost want to barf.

austinfrench76
09-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Well, they didn't bring back Hills because he signed with Denver (was inactive for last noght's game) and oh yeah, he sucked. This signing is weird though with 2 tackles alreasy on the roster. Let's hope Gilbert comes around and becomes a starter. RT now but LT next year!

pete74
09-13-2011, 03:59 PM
wow, i think its a safe bet to say Ben wont last the season. he will unfortunally get injured thanks to our offensive line

ricardisimo
09-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Meredith is another Buffalo alum, from Kugler's days there. I guess he knows the system. :noidea:

MACH1
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM
wow, i think its a safe bet to say Ben wont last the season. he will unfortunally get injured thanks to our offensive line

I'd say thats a given with the turnstiles.

Navy86
09-13-2011, 04:19 PM
So Flozell wants too much money? Why, because he's making so much now? How many teams are knocking at his door to play? Enjoy retirement, Flo, no one else is comin' a knockin...

STEELAMANIA
09-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Actually Meredith will play better than Johnathan Scott if Scott goes down. Anyone plays better than Scott.

Steelersfan87
09-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Jonathan Scott played well for the majority of the back end of the season last year. Hardly anybody played well on Sunday so it's pointless to single anybody out. But if you're going to do that, why isn't anybody calling out Pouncey for ****ing up so many line calls, some of which directly led to turnovers?

Marcus Gilbert will do just fine at RT. He'll probably have a bit of growing pains like any rookie. But I feel that by the end of the season, he'll be a better option than Flozell would have been. Jamon Meredith was signed purely for depth.

fer522
09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
:shake01::shake01::shake01:
:shake01: :shake01::shake01:

SteelerFanInCA
09-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Marcus Gilbert definitley has the size, hopefully he will step up and fill the void.

JCPsteelers
09-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Jonathan Scott played well for the majority of the back end of the season last year. Hardly anybody played well on Sunday so it's pointless to single anybody out. But if you're going to do that, why isn't anybody calling out Pouncey for ****ing up so many line calls, some of which directly led to turnovers?

Marcus Gilbert will do just fine at RT. He'll probably have a bit of growing pains like any rookie. But I feel that by the end of the season, he'll be a better option than Flozell would have been. Jamon Meredith was signed purely for depth.

I agree. The hate on Jonathan Scott is so over the top. Most of our problems on the line were on the interior against the Ravens not the tackles.

stb_steeler
09-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Marcus Gilbert definitley has the size, hopefully he will step up and fill the void.

Lets hope so.........

SH-Rock
09-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Meredith is another Buffalo alum, from Kugler's days there. I guess he knows the system. :noidea:

I think that was the sole reason that they brought him in. But I still wished they signed someone else like Flozell.

DanRooney
09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Jonathan Scott got spanked by Suggs in the playoffs and he got abused by him on Sunday. It wasn't surprising in the least bit.

Wallabeast17
09-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Jonathan Scott got spanked by Suggs in the playoffs and he got abused by him on Sunday. It wasn't surprising in the least bit.

Everyone saw that coming except the Steelers coaches, even Scott himself and Ben saw it coming.

kirklandrules
09-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Marcus Gilbert will do just fine at RT. He'll probably have a bit of growing pains like any rookie.

And those growing pains will be felt by ................Ben????:chuckle:

I was hoping Gilbert would take over the LT spot. Oh well, guess this is one less bitch about not playing the young talent.

Buddha Bus
09-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I hope this signing isn't the equivalent of putting a wine cork in a torpedo hole, but it sure feels like it. :shake01:

tony hipchest
09-13-2011, 08:20 PM

\good to se a few people who have their finger on the pulse.

aside from what has already been stated, the steelers have the least amount of cap space remaining of any team in the nfl (less than a million).

it is a ssumed that meridith will be getting the league minimum which is a little over $700,000. since he is signed after week one none of it is guaranteed. he is essentially a week-by-week employee, who can be cut at anytime, without acruing any financial loss (someones gotta fill gilberts shoes as back up).

he knows the calls and can hit the ground runningt in a pinch. he is not the answer. more like a camp body.

this doesnt mean the steelers are through negotiating with flozells agent or massaging cap numbers. however, we need someone on the roster RIGHT NOW, while the gameplan is being installed and players are practicing. flo will still need a few weeks to get his football legs under him no matter if and where he signs.

Steelerfreak58
09-13-2011, 08:21 PM
The whole team played flat and slow with very few bright spots that about sums it all up...

BIGNASTY91
09-14-2011, 06:11 AM
The whole team played flat and slow with very few bright spots that about sums it all up...

well said! Coaches to players. Everyone holds part of the blame in this one!!

MDSteel15
09-14-2011, 07:30 AM
If Jon Stinchcom is still out there why the hell aren't we signing him???

BIGNASTY91
09-14-2011, 07:38 AM

:noidea: :banging: :banging:

BKAnthem
09-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Don't you guys know not to EVER question the FO on this board?...they are infallible

steelfury02
09-14-2011, 08:35 AM
just do what I'm doing - praying for the Ravens to stumble . . .

tanda10506
09-14-2011, 08:44 AM
The neglect, wether it's due to arrogance or a lack of realizing how bad the line is, is absolutely ridiculous. You can't have a great center, 4 other linemen that couldn't block ANYBODY and simply just draft one guy for it. This line needs help now and this is who we signed? Unbelievable.

Steeldude
09-14-2011, 09:06 AM
The neglect, wether it's due to arrogance or a lack of realizing how bad the line is, is absolutely ridiculous. You can't have a great center, 4 other linemen that couldn't block ANYBODY and simply just draft one guy for it. This line needs help now and this is who we signed? Unbelievable.

there wasn't much available. adams most likely wanted too much money.

Steelerfreak58
09-14-2011, 10:07 AM
there wasn't much available. adams most likely wanted too much money.

That or he is horribly out of shape?

davidtrout
09-14-2011, 10:17 AM
That or he is horribly out of shape?

They've already confirmed that they spoke to his agent. The price was just too high for their liking. Sounds to me like Flo would much rather stay retired but would consider coming back for one more season if someone offered him $X. Not likely to happen.

tony hipchest
09-14-2011, 10:29 AM

as has previously been stated.... salary cap.