PDA

View Full Version : Home jersey's worn at away game

stb_steeler
09-13-2011, 06:51 PM
What was the reason why the Steelers wore home jersey's at an away game?
I can only imagine what reasons im about to hear now......lol
Sorry if posted somewhere else, i couldnt find any post on this topic!

kirklandrules
09-13-2011, 06:56 PM
The home team chooses what jerseys they want to wear. In this game, the Ravens chose their away, white, jerseys because it was a hot sunny day and they thought it would be an advantage having the Steelers wear all black.

stb_steeler
09-13-2011, 07:09 PM
The home team chooses what jerseys they want to wear. In this game, the Ravens chose their away, white, jerseys because it was a hot sunny day and they thought it would be an advantage having the Steelers wear all black.

Yeah i always thought it was league policy to wear white on away games, black at home.
On the exception unless its a SB game......depending on whos the home team there!

fer522
09-13-2011, 08:31 PM

and it WORKED!!!!!!!!!

JustinM
09-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah i always thought it was league policy to wear white on away games, black at home.
On the exception unless its a SB game......depending on whos the home team there!

you didn't hear? It was a SB game for the Ravens...

kirklandrules
09-14-2011, 09:50 AM

Nope, the league policy is that the home team decides. Teams like the Cards (prior to their new digs), Cowboys, Dolphins, Jags, Bucs that play in the more hot weather climates have tended to wear their whites at home early in the season. You normally don't see AFC North team pull that one. I think more than anything, they did it because those were the jerseys they wore during the matchup with the Steelers in the playoffs last year.

LVSteelersfan
09-14-2011, 12:59 PM
I love the black jerseys but the hot weather teams do this to the Steelers every single time. I don't think the jerseys had much to do with the crap we saw on the field, but they certainly didn't help matters when players were openly gassed in the second half. I guess they figured they didn't have to work out to get in shape during the offseason because they were in the Super Bowl last year. I hope that is the last of the Super Bowl hangover or this is going to be one crappy season.

Fire Arians
09-14-2011, 01:13 PM
they looked slow and out of shape. reminded of me watching de la hoya vs pacquiao