PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Steelers, Do you consider it a rivalry?

andrewglass
09-14-2011, 01:44 AM
First off let me say. I'm a ravens fan. I'm not here to flame or start anything. I have a friend who is from the pittsburgh area who claims steelers fans/pittsburgh area people don't consider the steelers/ravens a rivalry at all and only ravens fans/ravens media calls it that. Obviously the steelers have been the most successful team in football over the years but I simply want to know what you guys think yes or no. There have been some really heated and good games over the years and I actually like to think myself it's one of the best rivarlys in football IMO.

tony hipchest
09-14-2011, 01:52 AM
definitely.

its currently the best rivalry in all of football, and im more than glad to watch the steelers dominate it more often than naught.

Deserei90
09-14-2011, 01:54 AM
It's still a rivalry. After your team destroyed us Sunday:banging: it makes it an even better rivalry now. Your team got their share of beaten us with Big Ben, now that will make the Steelers hungry for revenge. Looking forward to the rematch:tt03:

JustinM
09-14-2011, 02:14 AM
First off let me say. I'm a ravens fan. I'm not here to flame or start anything. I have a friend who is from the pittsburgh area who claims steelers fans/pittsburgh area people don't consider the steelers/ravens a rivalry at all and only ravens fans/ravens media calls it that. Obviously the steelers have been the most successful team in football over the years but I simply want to know what you guys think yes or no. There have been some really heated and good games over the years and I actually like to think myself it's one of the best rivarlys in football IMO.

yall got me worried that you guys are becoming better than us. Definitely a rivalry...prolly the best rivalry in the NFL. I mean, what other rivalry has broken out in an on-field fight such as the one we had?!? none.

Wallace108
09-14-2011, 02:17 AM
I have a friend who is from the pittsburgh area who claims steelers fans/pittsburgh area people don't consider the steelers/ravens a rivalry at all and only ravens fans/ravens media calls it that.

I think your friend is just saying that to get under your skin. :sofunny:

I live in Northeast Ohio about an equal distance from Pittsburgh and Cleveland. This area is split pretty evenly between Steelers fans and Browns fans. Growing up, Steelers-Browns was a HUGE rivalry. But that has changed. A lot of the Steelers fans I know aren't even aware that the Browns have come back into the league. :chuckle: I assure you the Steelers-Ravens rivalry is real, and it's one of the best in the league. We don't have the history of Packers-Bears, Cowboys-Redskins, etc. But what we lack in history, we more than make up for in hatred. That's a rivalry. :thumbsup:

andrewglass
09-14-2011, 04:03 AM
I think your friend is just saying that to get under your skin. :sofunny:

I live in Northeast Ohio about an equal distance from Pittsburgh and Cleveland. This area is split pretty evenly between Steelers fans and Browns fans. Growing up, Steelers-Browns was a HUGE rivalry. But that has changed. A lot of the Steelers fans I know aren't even aware that the Browns have come back into the league. :chuckle: I assure you the Steelers-Ravens rivalry is real, and it's one of the best in the league. We don't have the history of Packers-Bears, Cowboys-Redskins, etc. But what we lack in history, we more than make up for in hatred. That's a rivalry. :thumbsup:

Most likely but I knew what we thought about the game, I was just curious to see what you guys thought to. As much as I love to see the steelers lose and lose bad because I'm a ravens fan I actually didn't enjoy sunday as much as I thought. I much rather love the steelers ravens games that keep me on the edge of my seat. Those late season games are always amazing between the 2 clubs. I really think we should play week 16 or 17 every year but then I guess there is always the chance after that you play in 2-3 weeks againa :noidea:

BKAnthem
09-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Yes....Now we'll see how the FO reacts, because Newsome has clearly built his team to beat the Steelers

steelcity1974
09-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Regardless of what fans think or say, all you have to do is listen to what the players say...and the answer is clearly Yes.

Fire Arians
09-14-2011, 02:08 PM
no doubt about it. for the most part the matchup is even with the teams splitting the wins.

Mick0311
09-14-2011, 02:15 PM
For sure a rivalry, players don't come out with that much distaste for one another every week. This is a special matchup. We, as both Raven's and Steeler's fans are very fortunate to be fans during a rivalry like this. It provides great football, and will for years to come. Not all divisions have games like this.

Fire Arians
09-14-2011, 02:18 PM
For sure a rivalry, players don't come out with that much distaste for one another every week. This is a special matchup. We, as both Raven's and Steeler's fans are very fortunate to be fans during a rivalry like this. It provides great football, and will for years to come. Not all divisions have games like this.

agree 100%. as much as i hate the ravens I always look forward to the matchup, because it displays everything I love about football. ravens are the team I love to hate, the division wouldn't be the same or as exciting without them in the AFCN

GMU Steeler
09-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Not just a rivalry but I am on record as saying it's the best in the league right now. Friend of mine who's a Cowboys fan said the best was Cowboys-Eagles, I had to laugh at that since that rivalry hasn't meant anything in years. I think your friend was just saying it to mess with you. This is a real rivalry and I mean it's the definition of one. Interdivision and our teams are built similar too. I hate your team but I must admit some respect too since Flacco doesn't seem to be a whiner type QB like Brady is.

ebsteelers
09-14-2011, 03:56 PM
if its not a rivalry, then what is?

solardave
09-14-2011, 04:39 PM

I say yes. People say we are mirror images. I wouldn't go that far but we are very similar in the way we play. Tough defense stopping the run. The 2 best safeties in at least the last 10 years. Tough LBs and pretty good QBs (well not last week for us but you know what I mean).

I'd go as far as saying we have the #1 rivalry in the NFL. There is the element of respect but on the field we hate each other!!