PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday... Steelers/Seahawks

ebsteelers
09-14-2011, 03:51 PM
no more need to talk about what happened vs. the ravens LAST Sunday, the team moved on, time for us fans to do the same. from years of playing, once the film is watched of the last game, its time to move on and prepare for the next. cant get that one back, no point in trying to..

and with that said lets start giving options for this week's game and predictions.

The Steelers linebackers SHOULD have their way with the seahawks tackles... if jackson is beating us passing then we are in trouble.

Is Sidney Rice Playing?

Offensive- will be just fine clean up the turnovers, and the points will come... what was that 3 turnovers in the redzone.. turn them into td's were at 28 on good d. let alone the seahawks..

special teams- ted ginn ripped them up... i think brown can do the same.

lastly early start time... 1pm game. for a west coast team is always trouble

Steelers 34-
Seahawks 10.

jv's are in by the 4th quarter

DanRooney
09-14-2011, 05:29 PM
This game hardly even interests me.

Steelers - 24
Seahawks - 10

JustinM
09-14-2011, 06:03 PM
if its any worse than Steelers-21 Seahawks-10 we should be worried.

Fire Arians
09-14-2011, 06:41 PM

Steelers - 24
Seahawks - 10

I'm interested in it to see how well the team bounces back from a tough loss like last weekend. IMO how we bounce back will determine how far we go. Respond like champs or just throw in the towel?

Also I want to see gilbert in action. any time a rookie is getting a start (esp our rd. 1-2 picks), that's reason enough to be interested in the game. just my opinion though.

Rick5895
09-14-2011, 06:48 PM

Steelers - 24
Seahawks - 10

Hardly interests you ? Wow ! Whether the Steelers are good, bad or really bad I look forward to every game with hope.

Anything less means , imo, you're not a true fan of the mighty Black and Gold.

BTW. Steelers 38 - Seabags.10. ( only because Leon Washington returns one on us.)

Whodis
09-14-2011, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't say hardly interests me. however, the taste could be washed out with a follow up against a team like the Jets or Chargers. Anything less then domination would be disapointing.

I'm still bitter from Sunday and I feel obligated since I sit with a luchroom full of Rat fans and season ticket holders. Forgetting about this game wasn't much of an option for me.

NoFieldFive
09-15-2011, 12:19 AM
living in Seattle this game interests me a good bit. I hear Levy is one of the refs. he's the one from the Steelers/Hawks Superbowl and last year came out saying he made bad calls in that game. hopefully he's not out to make up any calls he thinks he missed

CALSTEELER88
09-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Hopefully the Steelers take this game more seriously than anyone here on the board. 2 weeks ago looking at the schedule I thought we would crush the Hawks. After last weeks shenanigans I think we look pretty evenly matched. BTW, the Hawks lost to the Niners because of a couple Special Team blunders allowing Ginn to score twice in 30 seconds. The Hawks held Gore to 59 yards on 22 attempts. Gore has been one of the only consistently productive players on the Niners for the past 5-6 years but he looked average on Sunday. If a completely different Steelers team does not show on Sunday then this game is going to be more interesting and closer than anyone thinks...I hope I'm completely wrong.

DanRooney
09-15-2011, 02:09 AM
I wouldn't say hardly interests me. however, the taste could be washed out with a follow up against a team like the Jets or Chargers. Anything less then domination would be disapointing.

I'm still bitter from Sunday and I feel obligated since I sit with a luchroom full of Rat fans and season ticket holders. Forgetting about this game wasn't much of an option for me.

Exactly.

Not saying I'm not going to watch the game. But if we win, it's still not going to get that ass whopping out of my head. We're playing a weak team in a weak division with a 3rd string caliber quarterback who's missing their best player Eric Berry. If we don't win by domination, I'd be disappointed too. But then again, we always play down to our competition.

Pentheon
09-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Got my lower level tickets to the game...im excited for my first home opener even though its the seahawks. We cant under estimate them though, we always seem to have trouble with the weaker opponent and being 0-1 already we can't afford to lose this game, we need to beat teams like this

ebsteelers
09-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Exactly.

Not saying I'm not going to watch the game. But if we win, it's still not going to get that ass whopping out of my head. We're playing a weak team in a weak division with a 3rd string caliber quarterback who's missing their best player Eric Berry. If we don't win by domination, I'd be disappointed too. But then again, we always play down to our competition.

eric berry is on the chiefs

SacHawk2.0
09-17-2011, 01:18 AM
I was about to say the same thing. Eric Berry is on the Chiefs...

We have Earl "The Pearl" Thomas. AKA Troy Polamalu 2.0. This kid is going to be good. Just watch on Sunday. We may not win, and lord knows I hate the SteAlers, but win or lose look for this young player to have a very very good game.

Moose
09-17-2011, 01:59 AM
I'm definitely interested in this game. I want to see if they come out like 'champs' and pour it on big time and just keep scoring, then put in the back-ups. OR, are they going to come out and play conservative and play 'down' to the seahawks and just barely escape with a win....? IF they win. I don't consider this game a gimme....I remember a few years back where we lost to some 'easy teams'....like 4 or 5 in a row !! ugh

JustinM
09-17-2011, 02:15 AM
I was about to say the same thing. Eric Berry is on the Chiefs...

We have Earl "The Pearl" Thomas. AKA Troy Polamalu 2.0. This kid is going to be good. Just watch on Sunday. We may not win, and lord knows I hate the SteAlers, but win or lose look for this young player to have a very very good game.

it's not hard to "stand out" when you play for the seacawks
:tt02:

Fire Arians
09-17-2011, 02:50 AM
it's not hard to "stand out" when you play for the seacawks
:tt02:

or like that guy calls himself, the sackhawks

fer522
09-17-2011, 10:28 AM
eric berry is on the chiefs

:rofl::rofl:

LVSteelersfan
09-17-2011, 11:34 AM
I also remember losing to the Clowns and Raiders a couple years ago. The Raiders came into Heinz and embarassed the Steelers because they thought it was a gimmee game. There are no gimmee games in the NFL. The Steelers need the Patriots mentality. Crush the weak opponents. Don't play down to their level or you might find yourself with a loss out of the game. Anything other than total annihilation of the Seahawks will be disappointing and it will be a long season for the Steelers. Coaches, get your heads out your **** and kill that team. Do not go conservative with a lead. That is a recipe for disaster.

Moose
09-17-2011, 07:11 PM
DITTO LVSteelersfan !!! That's exactly how I feel. That's one thing I like about the N.E. Pat's and the coach Belicheat thinking ( I hate them, but do respect them). . They take no prisoner's and show no mercy. That's exactly how great teams play, rip up the lower teams and intimidate the hell out of the other's. Make them feel they will lose before the game even starts. How in the heck do we seem to always play 'down' to the lower seeded teams and sometimes just escape with a win. I'd love to see a 50 - 0 score on this one !! And the same again next week !!

Fire Arians
09-17-2011, 10:06 PM
mcfadden is listed as questionable, he can't shake that hamstring injury. lewis will get the start if he's not ready to go.

should have done this last week. All bias toward mcfadden aside, it's only fair that if you're out for the entire preseason and haven't practiced, you shouldn't play until you're back up to speed, unless you're a ben or troy

55BaileyFan
09-17-2011, 10:41 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/09/week-2-breakdown.html

Breakdown of the game

DanRooney
09-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Damn got my 2nd year safety studs mixed up!

They'll be without Sidney Rice I believe. Earl Thomas is a ballhawk so hopefully Ben keeps an eye on him. Lynch isn't the type of small elusive back like Ray Rice so we should be okay there. I don't think we'll have trouble with either. At least I hope...

tony hipchest
09-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Exactly.

now THAT is the brilliant, in depth, insight and analysis we have all come to expect and love. :applaudit:

may that ass whipping be out of your head, young padawan.

its sunday and i find it just as easy to move on from a win as it is to dwell on a regular season loss.

bring on the colts.