PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the front office does know what they're doing

theplatypus
09-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Interesting tidbit on NFL offensive linemen. If nothing else it certainly goes against what a large portion of experts here speak as gospel.

At first blush, the Steelers' recent success with low-pedigree lines might seem remarkable. It's really not. Everybody's winning with patchwork lines these days.

Proof: On the past five Super Bowl-winning offensive lines, there were more undrafted starters (five) than first-round picks (two). There were also more guys taken in rounds four and lower (12) than three and higher (eight).

Offensive linemen really do grow on trees.

If you're not drafting a rare stud such as Pouncey or Joe Thomas, then you're choosing from a limitless pool of large humans who can be coached into a system and Steelers line coach Sean Kugler is among the best in the business.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_756875.html?source=rss_teams_Pittsburgh_Steelers

steeltheone
09-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Since When did ex Bills and ex Lions offensive line coach become one of the best?

fer522
09-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Since When did ex Bills and ex Lions offensive line coach become one of the best?

since they wrote that article :chuckle:

effyou515
09-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Interesting tidbit on NFL offensive linemen. If nothing else it certainly goes against what a large portion of experts here speak as gospel.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_756875.html?source=rss_teams_Pittsburgh_Steelers

i like Seam Kugler better then tha last o-line coach the steelers had.

BKAnthem
09-15-2011, 04:03 PM
He's better than what we had..but among the best?? either he's a poor coach or our O-Line talent is among the worst in the league...i can't tell yet but i'm going to give him the benefit....John Mitchell on the other side of the Ball without a doubt is..

NCBlackWolf
09-15-2011, 04:16 PM
He was a miracle worker with last year's success with that group. I don't know about one of the best but with with all the setbacks he did very well in 2010. Props Kugler.

Steelersfan87
09-15-2011, 05:28 PM
It's pretty obvious that the Steeler o-line talent is among the worst, though it's improving, especially when Colon is in the lineup, which, unfortunately, for a second straight year, he won't be. Sean Kugler came in here highly praised and is respected around the league.

effyou515
09-15-2011, 05:39 PM
There is a lot of quality o-line men in this comming draft

steeltheone
09-15-2011, 08:36 PM
I will admit he did a good job last year.

tony hipchest
09-15-2011, 11:31 PM
There is a lot of quality o-line men in this comming draftthen we should trade all of our 1st-4th round picks for the next 5 years, and draft them all! then we can fire our existing sucky line.

we must protect our $100,000,000 qb!

while we're at it, we can trade all the rest of our picks for the next 5 years and take the top 2 cornerbacks.

all our problems will be solved and there will be no need for the draft!

all teh money saved can be used to replace any remaining player over the age of 30!

if our front office dont follow this simple and logical solution, then they dont know jack shit, and should be fired and replaced with true experts on internetz message boards.

:toofunny:

/sarcasm

oh, and coach kugler is one of the best o-line coaches in the league because stone cold sean said so!

Fire Arians
09-15-2011, 11:39 PM

agree with that 100%

Sixburgher
09-15-2011, 11:42 PM

Talk about damning someone with faint praise.