PDA

View Full Version : How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

SeahawksBlogger
09-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Here's how I think Seattle can beat Pittsburgh

http://seahawks.sportsblog.com/post/12/how_the_seahawks_can_beat.html

(moderators: my blog has no ads and I seriously doubt any of you guys will become followers. I'm only inlcuding the link to start a coversation.)

SteelCityMom
09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
It's cool...and welcome to the board!

I like you're write up on the game, and this is definitely Pittsburgh's game to lose.

I have trouble thinking that just because the Steelers are pissed about the loss, that this will be an easy win on Sunday. There were a lot of games that "should" have been easy wins in '09, and we just got creamed.

I know Carroll has these guys pumped up, and I know he always has the mentality that they CAN beat anyone if they plan properly...it showed last year when they actually did it in the playoffs.

Here's to a good game though...and please, please, please don't let anymore of our OL men get hurt! (or yours either lol)

Fire Arians
09-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Here's how I think Seattle can beat Pittsburgh

http://seahawks.sportsblog.com/post/12/how_the_seahawks_can_beat.html

(moderators: my blog has no ads and I seriously doubt any of you guys will become followers. I'm only inlcuding the link to start a coversation.)

I'm not even going to read that, but if seattle beats us it's safe to say our team should just focus on rebuilding cause we ain't gonna beat anybody

SeahawksBlogger
09-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks SCMom. The spread is 14.5 points right now. I think it's justified. However, I'm hoping if the Steelers get off to a slow start, they might get frustrated.

SeahawksBlogger
09-15-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm not even going to read that, but if seattle beats us it's safe to say our team should just focus on rebuilding cause we ain't gonna beat anybody

Hey, I'm not gonna argue with you; however, though Seattle is struggling on offense, they're defense may suprise you. It's better than you think.

JustinM
09-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Hey, I'm not gonna argue with you; however, though Seattle is struggling on offense, they're defense may suprise you. It's better than you think.

I'll be sure to bump this post to the top after the game :thumbsup:

SeahawksBlogger
09-15-2011, 06:34 PM
I'll be sure to bump this post to the top after the game :thumbsup:

What the heck, man. I didn't say they were going to win. I said they could if they did everything perfectly. Calm down.

StainlessStill
09-15-2011, 06:39 PM
If the Steelers play like the way they played against Baltimore then we'd lose to Notre Dame. 7 turnovers is just un-acceptable but coming back home, after getting humiliated, going up against a much more inferior team has the works of murder written all over it.

However, I've watched the NFL for a long time and I've seen how Pittsburgh plays down to their competition so I wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle make a game out of this. If the Steelers don't win by more than 3 TD's then that'll worry me.

Good luck SeahawksBlogger.

LVSteelersfan
09-15-2011, 08:43 PM
They need to cream Seattle by 3-4 TDs. If they play down to their level, there is no telling what can happen. We have seen it before. Rarely do teams from the Western states come out and beat the Steelers at home. But I still remember the Raiders doing that very thing not that many years ago. That game was pathetic and I hope there is not a repeat of it. Seattle is an even worse team than that Raiders team was. Tavaris Jackson is a joke. How he ever got another starting gig in the NFL is beyond my comprehension. But we did have Kordell Stewart as a QB for a few years too many, so go figure.

Rick5895
09-15-2011, 09:39 PM
They need to cream Seattle by 3-4 TDs. If they play down to their level, there is no telling what can happen. We have seen it before. Rarely do teams from the Western states come out and beat the Steelers at home. But I still remember the Raiders doing that very thing not that many years ago. That game was pathetic and I hope there is not a repeat of it. Seattle is an even worse team than that Raiders team was. Tavaris Jackson is a joke. How he ever got another starting gig in the NFL is beyond my comprehension. But we did have Kordell Stewart as a QB for a few years too many, so go figure.

Ya that Raiders game still mystifies me, I was at the game and 3 times inside the 20 in the first half and only 3 points to show for it. If we accomplish that low lite this week we will be in trouble. The Seahawks have an equalizer, his name is Leon Washington. If we're not careful he could return 1 or 2 against us and keep Seattle in the game. I am hopeful we put the hammer down on D and O and score every time the opportunity presents itself. For me I want to see a 40 burger on the Seahawks.

Moose
09-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Hopefully our fans will keep the Steeler's on track. Playing at Heinz is gonna be a big, big plus. I know all numbers show this should be an easy win....but we all know that 'easy win' games in the past didn't always go that way. If this game was in Seattle, I'd be really concerned. Hopefully the Steeler's come out pissed and hit them hard and constantly. Play as New England would.....50-0 looks good. Have the 2nd string in there by 4th quarter. Just my opinion.

Fire Arians
09-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Hopefully our fans will keep the Steeler's on track. Playing at Heinz is gonna be a big, big plus. I know all numbers show this should be an easy win....but we all know that 'easy win' games in the past didn't always go that way. If this game was in Seattle, I'd be really concerned. Hopefully the Steeler's come out pissed and hit them hard and constantly. Play as New England would.....50-0 looks good. Have the 2nd string in there by 4th quarter. Just my opinion.

yeah true. the main reason why i think we have a huge advantage is because we're playing at home. if it was in seattle i wouldn't be as confident, we have a bad track record when traveling to the WC to play

SeahawksBlogger
09-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Ya that Raiders game still mystifies me, I was at the game and 3 times inside the 20 in the first half and only 3 points to show for it. If we accomplish that low lite this week we will be in trouble. The Seahawks have an equalizer, his name is Leon Washington. If we're not careful he could return 1 or 2 against us and keep Seattle in the game. I am hopeful we put the hammer down on D and O and score every time the opportunity presents itself. For me I want to see a 40 burger on the Seahawks.

Leon Washington is an equalizer; however, I doubt you guys have too much to worry about. That is unless you get off to a bad start, turn the ball over, etc. If I was betting, I'd probably take Pittsburgh and give away the14 points. Still, crazier things have happened.

If Green Bay and Baltimore exposed the Steelers for being slow in the secondary, I doubt Seattle has the ability to take advantage. My hope is that Jackson will get benched, and Charlie Whitehurst gets in the game. He's no Tom Brady; but he can push the ball down the field and check down without getting sacked.

SeahawksBlogger
09-17-2011, 12:30 AM
yeah true. the main reason why i think we have a huge advantage is because we're playing at home. if it was in seattle i wouldn't be as confident, we have a bad track record when traveling to the WC to play

When was the last time an NFC team won in Pittsburgh anyway?

ricardisimo
09-17-2011, 03:27 PM
When was the last time an NFC team won in Pittsburgh anyway?
Giants in 2008, the game with Harrison playing long snapper.

Fire Arians
09-17-2011, 03:35 PM

i remember that game lol, what a circus that was. I was watching with a group of friends and one was a giants fan, he was saying how lucky they were to win that one

Phade
09-17-2011, 04:24 PM

lol

btaylor179
09-17-2011, 07:07 PM
if i were a betting man i would take seattle getting 14 points.....we look old and slow and they need to show me something to make me think they aren't.....i think we will win but only by 7 or 8

Moose
09-18-2011, 02:34 AM
I'll be pissed if the Steeler's ' toy around ' with Seattle. The Steeler's should do what good teams like the Pat's would do....come out smokin' and score, score, score. They should be able to put this team away within the first few series. A score of 50-0 isn't out of the question. By the 4th quarter we should be putting in the back-ups and only 'garbage points' from that point on. I'm sick and tired of our conservative crap we do. Score...score....score, and then score again. Teams we should beat...destroy and humiliate them. Make teams afraid of you....like we were in the past. Geesh....sorry for venting, but thanks for letting me. GO STEELER'S

MACH1
09-18-2011, 02:52 AM
Leon Washington is an equalizer; however, I doubt you guys have too much to worry about. That is unless you get off to a bad start, turn the ball over, etc. If I was betting, I'd probably take Pittsburgh and give away the14 points. Still, crazier things have happened.

If Green Bay and Baltimore exposed the Steelers for being slow in the secondary, I doubt Seattle has the ability to take advantage. My hope is that Jackson will get benched, and Charlie Whitehurst gets in the game. He's no Tom Brady; but he can push the ball down the field and check down without getting sacked.

Our secondary has the habit of making qb's look like Montana at times.

ricardisimo
09-18-2011, 03:23 AM
Roethlisberger has led the Steelers to a 12-1 record in interconference home games he's started, averaging an impressive 8.48 yards per attempt and posting a 92.9 passer rating.

Seattle, meanwhile, has lost its last eight road games against AFC opponents -- a streak that began with a 21-0 loss in Pittsburgh on Oct. 7, 2007.

:applaudit:

pancake
09-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Steelers need to come out strong and don't let Seahawks believe they have a chance.

bblocker14
09-18-2011, 07:15 PM
How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers?

How'd that work out? :)

SeahawksBlogger
09-18-2011, 09:55 PM
How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers?

How'd that work out? :)

You're a moron. I didn't say they would. If you read the damn article, you'd have seen I said the Seahawks winning was highly unlikely.

As for the rest of you, good luck with the rest of the season. I still think Pittsburgh has a great shot to win the Super Bowl if they can figure out a way to slow down Brady and the Patriots.

Best of luck!

Fire Arians
09-18-2011, 10:09 PM
You're a moron. I didn't say they would. If you read the damn article, you'd have seen I said the Seahawks winning was highly unlikely.

As for the rest of you, good luck with the rest of the season. I still think Pittsburgh has a great shot to win the Super Bowl if they can figure out a way to slow down Brady and the Patriots.

Best of luck!

thanks. i don't think we get to the super bowl through the pats, we have to hope another team like the jets or ravens knocks them off, we're ill suited to stop brady.

tony hipchest
09-19-2011, 01:11 AM

Best of luck!you too, SHBlogger.

thanks for stopping by our forum and freel free to return at any time. :drink: