PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if

theplatypus
09-18-2011, 06:07 PM
the sky is falling in Baltimore right now.

Buddha Bus
09-18-2011, 06:10 PM
the sky is falling in Baltimore right now.

It's a sure-fire guarantee! :rofl:

Fire Arians
09-18-2011, 06:11 PM
they're probably blaming it on (their) super bowl hangover

GMU Steeler
09-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Of course it is. I guess what's happens when you only care about beating one team because you're so obsessed with them.

Buddha Bus
09-18-2011, 06:14 PM
I just can't wait to hear Baltimore sports-talk radio tomorrow. They will be crucifying Flacco and Harbaugh! It should be very entertaining. :sofunny:

Fire Arians
09-18-2011, 06:18 PM
i dont think it's that bad of a loss for them though tbh, tennessee isn't an easy win

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2011, 06:36 PM
i dont think it's that bad of a loss for them though tbh, tennessee isn't an easy win

Maybe so but Steelers were 1 & 1/2 point underdogs in Baltimore while Ravens were giving 6 in Nashville - by that measure the Ravens loss was more unexpected

steeltheone
09-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Good win but keep it in perspective...Seattle blows

tony hipchest
09-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Good win but keep it in perspective...Seattle blows

so do the titans.

tanda10506
09-19-2011, 02:20 AM
I didn't think Tennessee was any good this year, even with the QB change I figured they would be a 5-11 type team. Big win for them. I don't want to jump to conclusions, time will tell, but it's possible that this whole off season, all the adjustments and planning for the Ravens was done just to beat the Steelers, and they will struggle against most of the other teams throughout the year. Not saying that's the case, but the game today raises the question a little bit.

Rick5895
09-19-2011, 07:51 AM
It is a long season and "on any given Sunday :blah: :blah: :blah:"

However, I said it before on other threads, the Ratbirds remind me of the 70's(early 80's) Oilers. They focused too much on getting over the Steelers hump that they struggled with the other teams.
Baltimore is a good team but They will be no better than 11-5 if that simply because the Steelers are in thier heads, no matter what the week 1 result was.

steelfury02
09-19-2011, 01:25 PM
if you throw 3 interceptions (and some really ugly Neil O'Donnell ones to boot) , fumble the ball away and basically turn it over 7 times, a lot in your own territory - you are going to make any team look great.

The Ravens fans have already removed their car decorations down here and I'm not seeing as much purple this week so they rightfully took their trash talking down a notch. They better be careful - going to St. Louis is no gimme.

I am still cautiously optimistic and won't buy too much into a win over Seahawks though. I fully expect them to beat the Colts next week. Next best indicator is getting a win @Houston. Basically we better not get another loss before New England.

I'm still looking at 7-3 before the bye though. Something out of those Arizona, Tennessee, Jacksonville games stinks to me . . .

We'll see!

solardave
09-19-2011, 05:15 PM

Yeah but it's a loss to an AFC team. It might matter big time come December.

Whodis
09-22-2011, 06:19 PM
they're probably blaming it on (their) super bowl hangover

Being on the front lines....

This was the first thing I said @ work Monday morning.

Along with "I'm glad to see you guys got Joe Flacco back" and "Appalachian State never lived up to the hype after beating Michigan either"

If the don't upset St Louis this weekend I'm going to have another great week at work

Steel4ever95
09-24-2011, 03:11 PM
if you throw 3 interceptions (and some really ugly Neil O'Donnell ones to boot) , fumble the ball away and basically turn it over 7 times, a lot in your own territory - you are going to make any team look great.

I am still cautiously optimistic and won't buy too much into a win over Seahawks though. I fully expect them to beat the Colts next week. Next best indicator is getting a win @Houston. Basically we better not get another loss before New England.

I'm still looking at 7-3 before the bye though. Something out of those Arizona, Tennessee, Jacksonville games stinks to me . . .

We'll see!

Oh man you had to throw Neil O'Donnell in there lol. I'm gunna go out on a limb here and say the next Steelers, Ravens game will be a lot closer (hopefully a Steelers win)

The win over the Seahawks was nice, hopefully the defense got some stuff worked out if not they better get it figured out after the Colts game, Houston is gunna be tough. 7-3 going into the bye would be pretty nice, but I'm going to be bold here and say they go 8-2 going into there bye, only loss coming from the Pats. I see the Texans, and Ravens being close ones but the Steelers coming out on top.