PDA

View Full Version : Bens Knee "Injury"

tony hipchest
09-18-2011, 08:30 PM
when he took that shot to the knee that looked like he coulda tore 2 ligaments in 2 different directions, who thought he was done?

i thought he was definitely done for the game, and his body language was telling me he knew it was serious (i thought he might be missing much of the year)..

turns out his knee will be fine and shows no structural damage. :applaudit:

ive seen the same hit shred peoples knees. he must have ligaments made of rubber.

great news.

Fire Arians
09-18-2011, 08:34 PM
when i saw the replay of that hit, my first reaction was '**** there goes the season'

it did NOT look good at all. thank god our QB is a ****in' tank, that would have ended the season of much lesser qb's

harrison'samonster
09-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I thought he was done too. thinking of Charlie Batch starting for the Pittsburgh Steelers for the rest of the season had me a little bit worried.

thankfully he's ok.

MACH1
09-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Yep I thought his season was done.

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Yep - when I saw the replay I thought the season was over in the second quarter of week 2

This from Don Banks of SI.com

I'm still not sure how Ben Roethlisberger's right knee didn't come apart after that penalized low hit by Seattle defensive end Raheem Brock. At first glance, did anyone think Big Ben wasn't gone for the year, let alone that he'd stay in and play the rest of the game? The word "tough'' gets over-used in football, but not this time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/09/18/week.2/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a2

But it takes Ben laying on the ground with what looks like a season ending injury to draw a flag - when the Seahawks hit him low again in the third quarter the ref just looked away:noidea:

StainlessStill
09-18-2011, 09:34 PM
when he took that shot to the knee that looked like he coulda tore 2 ligaments in 2 different directions, who thought he was done?

i thought he was definitely done for the game, and his body language was telling me he knew it was serious (i thought he might be missing much of the year)..

turns out his knee will be fine and shows no structural damage. :applaudit:

ive seen the same hit shred peoples knees. he must have ligaments made of rubber.

great news.

I sat there in absolute fear. As soon as I saw it, I thought his season ended. Thought no way he was even going to stand on his own power. We got a BEAST of a QB. Toughest son of a b!tch I've seen play QB not named Favre.

ETL
09-18-2011, 09:45 PM
i'm still pissed at how Ben gets treated different than Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. If that happened to Brady, Brock would have got thrown out of the game. And it happened again later in the game and no flag.

Didn't know the Seahags were this dirty.

GMU Steeler
09-18-2011, 09:49 PM
I thought for sure he was out for the game at the very least and then to see him come back in two plays later. You gotta admire how tough he is. This is just one of many cases of Ben getting banged up but living to tell the tale. It's a good thing though our game is a night game next week though since a little rest even if it's seven hours goes a long way.

Steeldude
09-18-2011, 11:12 PM
he never clutched his knee so i figured it wasn't too serious. also, BR is a drama queen. he reminds me of jim kelly.

i would have still like to have seen him come back with a brace just for precaution

Fire Arians
09-18-2011, 11:14 PM
he never clutched his knee so i figured it wasn't too serious. also, BR is a drama queen. he reminds me of jim kelly.

i would have still like to have seen him come back with a brace just for precaution

dude that was a pretty hard hit and he was limping back to the locker room for some time. if you think he was faking the pain i'd watch that clip again.

OX1947
09-18-2011, 11:32 PM
I thought he had a gnarly charlie horse when I saw he helmet his his thigh. I guarantee that part of his thigh is black and blue tomorrow.

Bayz101
09-19-2011, 12:15 AM
That sure was a scary moment. My dad and I noticed Ben on the ground after celebrating the huge moose catch. Less than a second after the first replay of the knee hit, my dad says 'Well, that's the season". I just sat there biting my nails. Thank the lord he's fine, that was a huge hit. If Brady would've taken that hit the defender would've had to serve a life sentence!

siss
09-19-2011, 12:50 AM
From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette a few minutes ago:

"Ben Roethlisberger's right knee is "fine" after it looked bad initially when he was hit low and late by defensive end Raheem Brock. I saw Ryan Tollner, BR's agent, right after the game and he had a look of relief. He said it looked as though the QB turned his knee just before the moment of impact or it could have been a season-ender."

Ben had a guardian angel looking out for him today!

tony hipchest
09-19-2011, 01:06 AM
i do think ben being light on his feet and having lightning quick reflexes, saved his season.

after further review it appears he slightly shifts his weight at the moment of impack to absorb the blos, and then he immediately falls to ensure his cleats arent planted.

i cant be certain, but it also looked like he mightve been wearing some sort of brace or added protection on the knee.

i have noticed that, at first glance, he seems a bit slow and old on his scrambles for the past 2 years, but in reality he has been battling injuries, and just looks like a big ass qb who is running with a coat of armor on.

LVSteelersfan
09-19-2011, 02:04 AM
That hit he took later to the knees really p****ed me off. You cannot be lying on the ground and lunge at the QB below the waste. But they got away with it a couple of times. Thank God Ben is all right. And for those of you calling him a drama queen, I want you to get out there and take the punishment he does and see how you handle it. Of course you would probably be crippled for life on one hit but go ahead and keep calling him a drama queen. He is one of the toughest SOBs out there. And please tell me what he did exactly on that play to be considered a drama queen? Enlighten me.

tanda10506
09-19-2011, 02:04 AM
I thought the same thing, "damn, there goes the season". I thought he should have set out the rest of the half, which was about 2 minutes, and should have been pulled out in the 4th quarter.

Steeldude
09-19-2011, 02:40 AM
dude that was a pretty hard hit and he was limping back to the locker room for some time. if you think he was faking the pain i'd watch that clip again.

faking? i didn't say he was faking pain. i was implying he is a drama queen so i didn't automatically think it was serious. also because he didn't grab at his knee.

DoctorCAD
09-19-2011, 10:00 AM
It looked exactly like Carsons career-ender to me.

I couldn't believe he came back in.

ricardisimo
09-19-2011, 11:33 AM
faking? i didn't say he was faking pain. i was implying he is a drama queen so i didn't automatically think it was serious. also because he didn't grab at his knee.
It's true, he does have a history. That said, this one looked pretty bad.

vasteeler
09-19-2011, 11:35 AM

come on man:rolleyes:

you cant really believe that

Steelerfreak58
09-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Thought the season was over when it happened. Glad he came back in that is for sure. I think he wont last the season though. He is getting clobbered again this year already and its only 2 games into the season.

Our o-line well.... I think plenty has already been said about it...:doh:

cloppbeast
09-19-2011, 12:40 PM
I thought he did a pretty good job of milking it as well.