PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben handling increased fame like clockwork

Prosdo
06-06-2006, 03:40 AM
Big Ben handling increased fame like clockwork
By Leo Roth, Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat and Chronicle

BATAVIA, N.Y. ? Ben Roethlisberger exited the white stretch limousine in the parking lot at Terry Hills Country Club, more in need of a calendar and a road map than his golf clubs.

Let's see ...

On Friday, the 24-year-old quarterback of the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers was in Washington, D.C., with his teammates to accept congratulations from President Bush at the White House for their 21-10 victory over Seattle four months ago.

On Sunday, Roethlisberger was back in Pittsburgh to receive his Super Bowl ring in special ceremonies at Heinz Field.

And on Monday, he was in Batavia, teeing it up in the 20th annual Jim Kelly Celebrity Classic.

"It's been kind of crazy but I guess it goes with the territory," said Roethlisberger, the youngest QB to win a Super Bowl. "It's been a lot of fun. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, to be the Super Bowl champ and go around and do these sorts of things."

Roethlisberger's offseason has been a whirlwind of public appearances. Even a vacation to Switzerland, homeland of his great, great grandfather, last month drew headlines and autograph seekers.

He arrived in Buffalo late Sunday night in time to catch the tail end of Kelly's celebrity dinner and auction. That event, along with Monday's golf outing, raised $200,000 for Hunter's Hope and the Kelly for Kids Foundation.

Roethlisberger wore the Steelers' championship ring he helped design. The five Vince Lombardi trophies the team has won are depicted in diamonds with Super Bowl XL in the middle.

Big Ben didn't dare flaunt the bauble around his fellow golfers, however, especially Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterbacks Dan Marino and Kelly.

Rest of article: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2006-06-06-roethlisberger-offseason_x.htm

BigSteelThrill
06-06-2006, 04:39 AM
Big Ben didn't dare flaunt the bauble around his fellow golfers, however, especially Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterbacks Dan Marino and Kelly.

:violin:

SteelerFanInCA
06-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Ben's all about class. Now that's acting like you've been there.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Dan Marino and Jim Kelly...both are class acts and were great players.They both deserve rings,shit Kelly deserves four.

clevestinks
06-06-2006, 03:24 PM
He seems mature, yet seems like a child having fun all at once. Seems like a pretty cool situation to be in!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Thats why Ben has had so much success early on in his career. Ben didn't come in with a big ego just did his part to help the team to two AFC title games and one Super Bowl win. He didn't complain about having more pass attempts. Ben really does get it for such a young player. Now that he has proved he can handle all of this. The Steelers will allow Ben to have a bigger role. Watch out NFL. Big Ben is going to tear it up.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Dan Marino and Jim Kelly...both are class acts and were great players.They both deserve rings,shit Kelly deserves four.

Dan Marino deserved a ring. Jim Kelly did deserve one also. Scott Norwood screwed Kelly and the rest of the Bills out of a ring and title. But I don't think Kelly deserved four. The Bills were horrible in the three other Super Bowls after that one against the Giants. The Bills totally got their asses kicked against the Redskins and Cowboys twice.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Dan Marino deserved a ring. Jim Kelly did deserve one also. Scott Norwood screwed Kelly and the rest of the Bills out of a ring and title. But I don't think Kelly deserved four. The Bills were horrible in the three other Super Bowls after that one against the Giants. The Bills totally got their asses kicked against the Redskins and Cowboys twice.

Yeah,but I hate the Cowpatties and I don't like the Foreskins so I wish the Bills woulda beat them all.

SteelerzGirl
06-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Prosdo,

Thank you so much for posting this article. I'm so happy to know that our QB is out there on the links playing golf and not, um, cornhole! :smile:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah,but I hate the Cowpatties and I don't like the Foreskins so I wish the Bills woulda beat them all.

Trust me the Cowgirls and the Skins don't rank high on my lists as well. Just saying the Bills did get their asses kicked by both of them.

tony hipchest
06-06-2006, 06:08 PM
you gotta be able to walk to play golf. fortunately for rosie palmer, cornhole can be played from a wheelchair.

nice to see ben getting the good pub from the national fishwrap, and supporting hunter's charity is awesome (kellys hof speech is still one of the most moving things ive ever seen from a football player)

you are an idiot
06-20-2006, 07:31 AM
BEN YOU DONT NO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU BRAINLESSARMLESSDOUBLECHEESEBURGHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARKIESTEEL
06-20-2006, 07:41 AM
BEN YOU DONT NO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU BRAINLESSARMLESSDOUBLECHEESEBURGHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me see hmmmmmmm ok

Ohio Steeler
06-20-2006, 07:52 AM

you know your name fits you

SteelerFanInCA
06-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Wow, what a post. I bet it took them 3 hours to come up with that one. :dang:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-20-2006, 04:29 PM

Wow, I vote for worst post ever.

you are an idiot
06-20-2006, 05:22 PM
who ride?not us.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-20-2006, 05:24 PM
who ride?not us.

ok, I vote for second worst post ever.

Prosdo
I smell a :troll:

83-Steelers-43
Obviously somebody is not getting enough attention at home.

you are an idiot
06-20-2006, 05:25 PM
binky ben:I hate myself!
billcowherd:why?
binky ben:becuase im an idiot!

you are an idiot
06-20-2006, 05:27 PM
i bet it took 300 hours for bens face so ugly.oh?wait?bens face has always been like that!

Prosdo
06-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Let's try postng some posts with a little more thought behind them. No need for trolls around here.

you are an idiot
06-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Thats why Ben has had so much success early on in his career. Ben didn't come in with a big ego just did his part to help the team to two AFC title games and one Super Bowl win. He didn't complain about having more pass attempts. Ben really does get it for such a young player. Now that he has proved he can handle all of this. The Steelers will allow Ben to have a bigger role. Watch out NFL. Big Ben is going to tear it up.

I know watch out ER.bens gonna be tearing up his face.

MattsMe
06-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Let's try postng some posts with a little more thought behind them. No need for trolls around here.

:iagree: I think most of us here have better things to do than sort through these kinds of posts just to find the ones we're here for.

you are an idiot
06-20-2006, 05:33 PM
is anyone here?

you are an idiot
06-20-2006, 05:34 PM
:iagree: I think most of us here have better things to do than sort through these kinds of posts just to find the ones we're here for.
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: steelers are horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prosdo
06-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Alright your posting are ridiculous. Either quit the bull posting or you will be on your way out.

83-Steelers-43
06-20-2006, 05:35 PM
If you ignore it (much like his mommy and daddy obviously do), then he will give up and troll another board.

83-Steelers-43
06-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Alright your posting are ridiculous. Either quit the bull posting or you will be on your way out.

Wow, I do admire your patience. I don't know how ya do it.

Prosdo
06-20-2006, 05:37 PM
lol Lacking it at the moment

SteelerFanInCA
06-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Yes, and as a parting gift please include the "hooked on phonics" cds. We wouldn't want him to go away empty handed.

MattsMe
06-20-2006, 08:33 PM

I got negative rep for this post. And not from the troll, but from a regular member. What's going on here?

Black@Gold Forever32
06-20-2006, 08:37 PM
I got negative rep for this post. And not from the troll, but from a regular member. What's going on here?

Well thats crap. I'll give you + points for just getting screwed.

Ohio Steeler
06-20-2006, 11:19 PM

more rep points your way

MattsMe
06-21-2006, 12:04 AM

Thanks everyone for the rep. It turns out it was a mistake, and he meant to give positive rep to begin with.
He pm'd me to apologize, so everything worked out.

SteelCityMan786
06-21-2006, 03:29 PM

Go Back To School. And can you try to pass every grade on the FIRST try. So far it looks like you have failed school 5-7 times. How about less spam. and another thing, when you try to even smack talk BACK IT UP. I have no time for senseless ASSNOODLES like you. I am sure everyone else would aggree.