PDA

View Full Version : Forget all this 6/6/06 Nonsense

Suitanim
06-06-2006, 11:35 AM
And remember the really important significance of this date...the date when the US basically saved the rest of the World.

http://www.historychannel.com/tdih/tdih.jsp?category=presidential&month=10272958&day=10272971

June 6

1944 General Dwight D. Eisenhower launches Operation Overlord

PisnNapalm
06-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Amen! Tonight I'm gonna drink a toast to the greatest generation ever!

83-Steelers-43
06-06-2006, 11:42 AM
"Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force!

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have
striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The
hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.
In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on
other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war
machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of
Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well
equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of
1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats,
in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their
strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home
Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions
of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men.
The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to
Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage and devotion to duty and skill in
battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good luck! And let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great
and noble undertaking." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

My thoughts and neverending respect goes out to those Americans who sacrificed their lives in WWII so the rest of the world can be a much, much better place. How easy some forget. God Bless America. :usa:

tony hipchest
06-06-2006, 11:49 AM
And remember the really important significance of this date...the date when the US basically saved the rest of the World.

http://www.historychannel.com/tdih/tdih.jsp?category=presidential&month=10272958&day=10272971

June 6

1944 General Dwight D. Eisenhower launches Operation Overlord

eisenhower: In closing, he wished his troops good luck and sought the ?blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.?

fdr: Roosevelt sat in his office tinkering with the speech he planned to deliver once the invasion began. At his daughter and son?s suggestion, Roosevelt turned the speech into a prayer entitled ?Let Our Hearts be Stout.? ..........He notified the nation by radio that night, saying ?at this poignant hour I ask you to join with me in a prayer.?

this would never fly in todays america. kinda off topic but you ever notice how many war stories there are in the bible? and which side usually wins?

83-Steelers-43
06-06-2006, 12:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/storyville/images/capa3_gal.jpg

Around 6:30 am the first wave of American troops hit Omaha Beach, which turned out to be the toughest section of the beach landings to conquer. We did it.

HburgXL06
06-06-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm wit you Suit, this "6/6/06" bussiness is all bullshit. Celebrate D-Day (which i forgot happened today) and those who put their lives on the line and those who sacrificed their lives to make the world we live in possible. Peace.

BuFu

blackvelvet
06-06-2006, 02:50 PM
That's right! I almost forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. God bless all those who gave their lives to protect not only the U.S., but the world as well.

Although, I do like coincidences, such as this one, it just makes watching the world's reaction intresting. But so far, everything is alright. No bad luck here!

RoethlisBURGHer
06-06-2006, 03:06 PM
AMEN BROTHER!

clevestinks
06-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah well I saw the devil this morning, 4:30 a.m., I was ticketed by the devil himself. Then he threatened to tow my vehicle, this young punk had some nerve! Now I have to pay the $105 fine before I leave for vacation

Koopa
06-06-2006, 04:36 PM
well today has been good for me, the professor gave us the wrong quiz so he lets us leave early

Ohio Steeler
06-06-2006, 04:39 PM
check out what Hell Michigan (http://www.hell2u.com/) is doing today for 6-6-6