PDA

View Full Version : vanderjact compares himself to jordan and tiger

tony hipchest
06-06-2006, 06:14 PM
as he declared himself the best kicker ever he notes how jordan has missed game winning shots and tiger missed event winning puts :rolleyes: :blah:

they actually have rings and titles too.

p.t.i.

MattsMe
06-06-2006, 06:18 PM
What an arrogant prick. He'll fit right in on his new team.

tony hipchest
06-06-2006, 06:20 PM
What an arrogant prick. He'll fit right in on his new team. him and t.o. get to fight over whos the best player on that team.

maybe roy williams horsecollars him in practice

MattsMe
06-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Jerry Jones: "You boys just calm the hell down over there, I'm paying you too much damn money to fight with each other. You two just go see the trainer, he'll give you some nose candy to calm you down."

Black@Gold Forever32
06-06-2006, 06:29 PM
as he declared himself the best kicker ever he notes how jordan has missed game winning shots and tiger missed event winning puts :rolleyes: :blah:

they actually have rings and titles too.

p.t.i.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

As a Bulls fan I remeber Jordan hitting his last shot ever as a Bull to win his sixth NBA title. Yea Mike Vaderjact you rank right up there with MJ. What a crock and no wonder why the Colts kicked Mike to the curb for the greatest clutch kicker in NFL history Adam Vinatieri. You know Mike the kicker that has the rings to backup it up. Vanderjact what a clown. He must have had to much wild turkey again.

Livinginthe past
06-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Vanderjagt has always had the help of playing in a nice indoor stadium - that will help anyones stats.

I have never known a guy, that wasn't named T.O, to shoot himself in the foot so many times with dumb comments.

My abiding memory of the guy was his finger rubbing 'money' gesture towards the Patriots bench as he teed up a late game tying FG - he missed of course and ended up with so much egg on his face you could have made an omlette the size of Indianapolis.

NM

tony hipchest
06-06-2006, 06:41 PM
i will give this to mike. he is the best offseason move they have made in years. now that they are done chasing baseball players to play qb they are actually addressing glaring needs.

hell i cant even name the kickers on their last 3 sb teams and the only kicker that i can remember really doing anything worth mention is chris "hornholio" boniol, hitting 7 fg's (nfl record) on mnf. he won hundereds of fantasy football players their games at the 11th hour that night.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-06-2006, 06:51 PM
God I hate that arrogant prick.Someone should tell that MFer that kickers aren't football players.

hmmmmmmmm
06-06-2006, 07:22 PM
He is a good kicker...ill give him that much. Him comparing himself to possibly the greatest basketball player of all time and one of the best golfers is a little overdoing it though. He needs to pull in some rings before he can even sorta be takin seriously sayin this stuff.

(and let me throw a f**k you to you know who)

Jimmy James
06-06-2006, 08:52 PM
This comment was dumb, but he was frankly right about Peyton and especially Dungy. Dungy seems like a really nice guy, but he quite apparently just doesn't get offense well enough to be a head coach.

tony hipchest
06-06-2006, 10:22 PM
This comment was dumb, but he was frankly right about Peyton and especially Dungy. Dungy seems like a really nice guy, but he quite apparently just doesn't get offense well enough to be a head coach.so only the coaches who win a superbowl are qualified to be a head coach? there are 32 teams and only 40 sb's have been won. you do the math. many of those, multiple times by the same coach. dungy was the coach of the qb who broke dan marinos td record and has been in the top 5 of points scored and yards gained year after year.

he doesnt get offense and shouldnt be a head coach? laughable. did you think the same about cowher before last season?

3 to be 4
06-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Vanderjackoff is the Wile E. Coyote of the NFL

"Pure, unadulterated BRILLIANCE! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

William Munney
06-06-2006, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIT4xlc6fZk&search=

Here he is at his finest...:smile:

Suitanim
06-07-2006, 09:22 AM
As Jack Lambert so astutely pointed out, "Kickers aren't even real football players".

BBC
06-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Seems like everyone is blowing this out of proportion. The point of that quote wasn't to say that he is in the same league as those guys, but to say the even the best players of their sports' history have messed up.

I.C. Lights
06-08-2006, 10:22 PM
That's a good point BBC, it's just that every time he gets in front of a mic its like waiting for a train wreck. That's when you know it's time to switch anti-psychotics...

Black@Gold Forever32
06-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Seems like everyone is blowing this out of proportion. The point of that quote wasn't to say that he is in the same league as those guys, but to say the even the best players of their sports' history have messed up.

I get the point. But the thing is Jordan has the titles and Tiger has the titles to back it up. Vanderjact doesn't. Hell he isn't even in the same class as Adam V when it comes to kickers or even Jeff Reed for that matter. You know kickers with rings. Vanderjact blew it against us bigtime. A 46 yarder at home inside a dome. I'm sure Adam V or Jeff Reed would have made that kick. Vanderjact's ego is way out of control.

SteelCityMan786
06-08-2006, 10:31 PM
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

As a Bulls fan I remeber Jordan hitting his last shot ever as a Bull to win his sixth NBA title. Yea Mike Vaderjact you rank right up there with MJ. What a crock and no wonder why the Colts kicked Mike to the curb for the greatest clutch kicker in NFL history Adam Vinatieri. You know Mike the kicker that has the rings to backup it up. Vanderjact what a clown. He must have had to much wild turkey again.

yes Vanderjerk forgets something. He can compare himself to these guys but you pointed it out they have RINGS. He wants to compare himself to Reed no comparison Reed is better. Reed nailed all of his kicks when needed to this year.

SteelerFanInCA
06-09-2006, 01:37 PM
I bet both Jordan and Tiger would have made that field goal.

BBC
06-09-2006, 02:02 PM
I get the point. But the thing is Jordan has the titles and Tiger has the titles to back it up. Vanderjact doesn't. Hell he isn't even in the same class as Adam V when it comes to kickers or even Jeff Reed for that matter. You know kickers with rings. Vanderjact blew it against us bigtime. A 46 yarder at home inside a dome. I'm sure Adam V or Jeff Reed would have made that kick. Vanderjact's ego is way out of control.

I agree with you about his ego. I can't stand the guy, he's a jerk and doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. I just didn't see this quote as that big of a deal.

83-Steelers-43
06-09-2006, 02:09 PM
I bet both Jordan and Tiger would have made that field goal.

I bet the guy on Steel12's signature could have made that FG.

MattsMe
06-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Forrest Gump could have made that field goal.

Or even Lieutenant Dan.

tony hipchest
06-09-2006, 06:23 PM
bengal brian peppers woulda missed.

SteelerFanInCA
06-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Forrest Gump could have made that field goal.

Or even Lieutenant Dan.
That's funny.

Jimmy James
06-10-2006, 03:00 AM
so only the coaches who win a superbowl are qualified to be a head coach? there are 32 teams and only 40 sb's have been won. you do the math. many of those, multiple times by the same coach. dungy was the coach of the qb who broke dan marinos td record and has been in the top 5 of points scored and yards gained year after year.

he doesnt get offense and shouldnt be a head coach? laughable. did you think the same about cowher before last season?

1) No -- Cowher has consistently been one of the higher ups on my list of coaches. Dungy? Never. I think he'd be a great defensive coordinator, but so was Dave Wannstedt.

2) The issue is that when the chips are down, Dungy tends to take over and stifle the O. It's Wannstedt-itis, and I think both Bears and Dolphins fans are quite qualified to diagnose it. You guys saw the way the Colts went out of the playoffs this year. Tell me I'm wrong.

Prosdo
06-10-2006, 03:18 AM
Seriously now, how can he even compare himself with Jordan. Jordan is a legend and Vanderjact is a chump. What a moron.