PDA

View Full Version : Feds: Home of Bengals' Simpson a pot distribution center

tony hipchest
09-22-2011, 10:45 AM
good ol bungles at it again-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822750c8/article/feds-home-of-bengals-simpson-a-pot-distribution-center

Police said a package containing 2 1/2 pounds of marijuana was delivered from Eureka, Calif., to the suburban Kentucky home of Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson on Tuesday, where authorities say they conducted a search and found six more pounds of marijuana inside.

Michelle Gregory, spokeswoman for the California Department of Justice, confirmed to the Cincinnati Enquirer a report published by CaliforniaWatch.org, a group of investigative journalists, on Wednesday night, which detailed the operation. It was initiated by a special marijuana task force after agents discovered a suspicious package at a commercial sorting facility in Sacramento.

Simpson's teammate, offensive tackle Anthony Collins, was also present when a woman, identified as Aleen Smith, 27, accepted the package on Tuesday. All three were questioned at the residence, but no arrests were made at the time. :jerkit:

Simpson told police that he lived at the residence and gave officers consent to search the premises, Gregory said. Police allegedly found other empty parcels, scales and packaging material inside Simpson's home.

"The house was set up as a potential distribution network," said Tommy LaNier, head of the National Marijuana Initiative, a group that is funded by the Office of National Drug Control Policy and helps coordinate marijuana enforcement operations around the United States. "They had it all set up to receive supplies of high-grade marijuana from Northern California, and from there, it was being distributed from that residence," LaNier told California Watch.

All the packages were sent from an area of Northern California known as the "Emerald Triangle," LaNier said. The area is known for producing large amounts of marijuana.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said he had heard rumors of the bust but had no further comment.

"There’s nothing of substance in the development of rumors that we’re aware of," he said. "There’s nothing to hang a hat on at this point.":rolleyes:so actually finding the 6 pounds of hippie lettuce in his home is nothing to hang a hat on? lmao... whatever.

of course nothing will come of this and it will be swept under the rug with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, so the poor ol bungle can get back to slangin weed to his teammates.

cloppbeast
09-22-2011, 10:48 AM
course nothing will come of this and it will be swept under the rug with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

You call it dealing pot, I call it civil disobedience.

Why should a victimless crime have a punishment at all?

tony hipchest
09-22-2011, 11:08 AM
it shouldnt. but its a bungle and theyre dumbasses. its illegal. havent you tried and convicted big ben of a victimless crime? cut it with the double standard.

thats all besides the point. selling 6 pounds of pot and running a distribution ring is illegal, and in this case (being caught red handed) there is far more evidence than in bens case.

cloppbeast
09-22-2011, 11:26 AM
it shouldnt. but its a bungle and theyre dumbasses. its illegal. havent you tried and convicted big ben of a victimless crime? cut it with the double standard.

I've never suggested Ben should receive punishment for a victimless crime. I don't think I've ever suggested Ben receive punishment for anything. Although, I have called him an idiot for some of his behavior.

And I can tell you, I would absolutely never give anyone a hard time about smoking or selling pot - including Ben.

So no, I have no double standard. You just compare behaviors that need not be compared.

BTW, sexual assault is not a victimless crime.

thats all besides the point. selling 6 pounds of pot and running a distribution ring is illegal, and in this case (being caught red handed) there is far more evidence than in bens case.

Within the NFL's former application of the conduct policy, these clowns would have recieved punishment. It seems to me, though, recently the NFL has set a new precedent. Perhaps in light of scrutiny, Goodell realized the error of his ways. He seems a bit more relaxed, probably to ease some of the tension between he and the players.

tony hipchest
09-22-2011, 12:35 PM
I've never suggested Ben should receive punishment for a victimless crime. I don't think I've ever suggested Ben receive punishment for anything. Although, I have called him an idiot for some of his behavior.

And I can tell you, I would absolutely never give anyone a hard time about smoking or selling pot - including Ben.

So no, I have no double standard. You just compare behaviors that need not be compared.

BTW, sexual assault is not a victimless crime.

Within the NFL's former application of the conduct policy, these clowns would have recieved punishment. It seems to me, though, recently the NFL has set a new precedent. Perhaps in light of scrutiny, Goodell realized the error of his ways. He seems a bit more relaxed, probably to ease some of the tension between he and the players.my bad, i musta had you crossed with someone else in regards to ben. but you did give ben a hard time for riding a bike w/o a helmet so how can i believe you wouldnt if they found 6 elbows and dealers paraphanelia inside his home?

santonio was suspended 4 games for blazing a blunt twice. we'll see if goodell thinks running a distribution ring is the same as getting pulled over with a joint in your ashtray. my bet is he does and simpson will simply be put into the 1st strike drug testing program.

cloppbeast
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
but you did give ben a hard time for riding a bike w/o a helmet so how can i believe you wouldnt if they found 6 elbows and dealers paraphanelia inside his home?

Other than me telling you that I wouldn't?

Nobody ever died by smoking pot. Nobody ever recieved brain damage from smoking pot. So, really, I don't even see your line of reasoning, anyway. Unless you derive right and wrong from law-makers.

santonio was suspended 4 games for blazing a blunt twice. we'll see if goodell thinks running a distribution ring is the same as getting pulled over with a joint in your ashtray. my bet is he does and simpson will simply be put into the 1st strike drug testing program.

I don't know if you missed me saying this earlier, but it appears that Goodell has altered his approach to punishing players. So what happened 2 years ago doesn't really apply anymore.

You wouldn't suggest overturning Brown v Board of Education because it was unfair to Homer Plessy, would you?

MACH1
09-22-2011, 01:46 PM
You call it dealing pot, I call it civil disobedience.

Why should a victimless crime have a punishment at all?

:doh::doh::doh:

Thats what thy say about all the people killed in DUI accidents.

cloppbeast
09-22-2011, 01:48 PM
:doh::doh::doh:

Thats what thy say about all the people killed in DUI accidents.

And what does a DUI have to do with smoking pot?

tony hipchest
09-22-2011, 03:44 PM
. Nobody ever recieved brain damage from smoking pot.

?are you saying this from personal experience? because if so, i would beg to differ.

but it appears that Goodell has altered his approach to punishing players. So what happened 2 years ago doesn't really apply anymore.
goodell doesnt have an approach. he does everything arbitrarily.

Unless you derive right and wrong from law-makers.

perhaps you need to consider the difference between law-makers and rule makers.

its against the rules for an nfl player to turn his home into an illegal drug ring, shipping and moving pounds of cali kush, just like mike vicks racketeering and slaughtering of dogs was against the rules, just like ben getting a blowie in the bathroom is against the rules.

but leave it to you to defend a bungle turd. i wonder if he's claiming all his profits as income to the IRS. oh, but he'll just lie about that. is lying illegal? in most cases no, but it is still wrong. i dont need to rely on law-makers to tell me that.

cloppbeast
09-22-2011, 04:03 PM
are you saying this from personal experience? because if so, i would beg to differ.

Beg to differ then: show me a person who get brain damage and/or died from smoking pot.

its against the rules for an nfl player to turn his home into an illegal drug ring, shipping and moving pounds of cali kush, just like mike vicks racketeering and slaughtering of dogs was against the rules, just like ben getting a blowie in the bathroom is against the rules.

So is beating people up. Yet, that one dumbass WR from the Titans didn't get punished.

I don't know why it slipped past you that several players have broke the rules this offseason and didn't recieve punishment. This leads me to believe that Goodell has changed his approach to appeall to players as a less unilateral leader. He recieved a lot of criticism from players for his Stalin like punishments and siding with the owners in the new CBA. It seems to me he's trying to bridge the gap.

but leave it to you to defend a bungle turd.

From my perspective, I defend a man who smokes pot. I could really care less where he plays football.

i wonder if he's claiming all his profits as income to the IRS.

First of all, I don't think it's been confirmed that he's selling it. In the eyes of the law, it's just assumed based on quantity. Nevertheless, he could have just bought in bulk.

Either way, I doubt it. Claiming profits from drug dealing usually gets you caught.

oh, but he'll just lie about that. is lying illegal? in most cases no, but it is still wrong. i dont need to rely on law-makers to tell me that.

Lying is bad, but lying to evade punishment from an activity that shouldn't be punished isn't as bad. It's more of a pragmatic lie.

tony hipchest
09-22-2011, 05:16 PM
holy shit are you dense. you just might be living proof that smoking pot causes brain damage (but then again so does being dropped on the head so i wont accuse you of smoking the kind).

you are not defending somebody who smokes pot. did you even bother to read the article? theres more evidence that he is running a distribution ring than even smoking the shit.

they ran an in depth sting operation on his ass. nobody buys 6 pounds at once of high grade for personal use. if they do it is more evidence that smoking it is causing brain damage.

get off your soapbox and get with the program :doh:

ricardisimo
09-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Smoking pot is nobody's business. Dealing is. Dealers and pimps get no sympathy from me.

SteelCityMom
09-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Well, I'm all for legalizing marijuana...across the board, and no, nobody has ever "directly" died from smoking pot...and it certainly doesn't cause brain damage. It's definitely illegal in most states though, and he had to have known that. Wanting something to be legal doesn't make it legal though. Hell, even in the states that it is legal/decriminalized...this kind of amount would be instant jail time.

I have to say, there is absolutely no way in hell that this dude bought 6 lbs (actually 8 1/2 were found) for personal use. None whatsoever. I doubt even Bob Marley or Woody Harrelson kept/keep that kind of stash for personal use. It's either a store house, or he's dealing (or he has some family members or friends that really, really want him to get arrested). Those are literally the only possibilities.

SteelCityMom
09-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Smoking pot is nobody's business. Dealing is. Dealers and pimps get no sympathy from me.

Well, to out myself as a total hypocrite...eventually someone is going to have to "deal" the pot for the smokers to smoke it.

I have no clue how that happens...but I think I saw it in a movie once. :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
09-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Well, to out myself as a total hypocrite...eventually someone is going to have to "deal" the pot for the smokers to smoke it.

I have no clue how that happens...but I think I saw it in a movie once. :chuckle:

You could just grow your own. :wink02:

SteelCityMom
09-22-2011, 06:12 PM
You could just grow your own. :wink02:

Yeah, well, I like tomatoes too, and could certainly grow my own...but I buy them from the tomato dealer (grocery store). :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
09-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah, well, I like tomatoes too, and could certainly grow my own...but I buy them from the tomato dealer (grocery store). :chuckle:

We grow our own..... tomatoes, I mean. :nervous:

MACH1
09-22-2011, 06:19 PM
And what does a DUI have to do with smoking pot?

You do understand what Driving Under the Influence is.

That covers anything from alcohol to prescription drugs, including pot.

SteelCityMom
09-22-2011, 06:22 PM
We grow our own..... tomatoes, I mean. :nervous:

Mmmmmmm....tomatoes.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTqennVlf4u1HeWRSjjudDukKQXBhOw YIOP4ZjIBai9v-KewUm

cloppbeast
09-22-2011, 07:08 PM
holy shit are you dense. you just might be living proof that smoking pot causes brain damage (but then again so does being dropped on the head so i wont accuse you of smoking the kind).

you are not defending somebody who smokes pot. did you even bother to read the article? theres more evidence that he is running a distribution ring than even smoking the shit.

they ran an in depth sting operation on his ass. nobody buys 6 pounds at once of high grade for personal use. if they do it is more evidence that smoking it is causing brain damage.

get off your soapbox and get with the program :doh:

i could honestly care less if he smokes it or deals it. i dont have a problem with a person smoking it; i dont have a problem with a person selling it.

i do admit being dense about measurements of pot. i was unaware 6 lbs amounted to a lifetime supply.

cloppbeast
09-22-2011, 07:16 PM
You do understand what Driving Under the Influence is.

That covers anything from alcohol to prescription drugs, including pot.

yes, but apparently you dont uunderstand that driving has to occur.

u connect smoking pot with absolutley no mention of driving with a dui. amazing.

tony hipchest
09-22-2011, 08:46 PM
i could honestly care less if he smokes it or deals it. i dont have a problem with a person smoking it; i dont have a problem with a person selling it.

well heres the thing you gotta understand, cloppbeast- this isnt about you. it is completely irrelevant what you have a problem with. unfortunately for simpson he doesnt live in the state of you, and if he lives in the state of kentucky he is looking at a felony and a possible 5-10 years in prison.

it doesnt matter if you approve or not. :noidea:

Atlanta Dan
09-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Simpson will play against the 49ers, despite a looming investigation based on the delivery of a package containing 2.5 pounds of marijuana to his house ó and the discovery of another six pounds of marijuana inside.

Simpson did not practice on Thursday or Friday, after reports of the Tuesday incident came to light.

Since he has not yet been arrested or charged, thereís no policy that prevents Simpson from playing. Indeed, because the NFL has exclusive jurisdiction over matters of this nature, the Bengals technically have no ability to impose any discipline on Simpson, if they were even inclined to do so.

Given that itís the Bengals, itís safe to say theyíre not even inclined to do so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/25/report-jerome-simpson-will-play-for-bengals/

Is the "exclusive jurisdiction" of Goodell over this a new provision of the contract?

Remember when Tomlin sat Holmes for the 2008 Giants game after the Pittsburgh PD caught Holmes with a small amount of weed? I do not recall any claim the Steelers could not do anything on their own. :noidea:

tony hipchest
09-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Is the "exclusive jurisdiction" of Goodell over this a new provision of the contract?

Remember when Tomlin sat Holmes for the 2008 Giants game after the Pittsburgh PD caught Holmes with a small amount of weed? I do not recall any claim the Steelers could not do anything on their own. :noidea:in the case of holmes, the steelers nipped that in the bud by doing it the right way.

i remember someone (not sure if it was a union rep or mediot) trying to raise a stink about it.

the steelers werent able to suspend him, but the HC has every right in the world to not start, bench, or even inactivate him.

this is another case of PFT not having full understanding of the intricacies of the rules.

but they are certainly right about one thing- the bengals best player could be caught on tape beating the shit out of marvin lewis, and he would still play until the justice system ran its course.