PDA

View Full Version : I Really Hate Games Like This!!!!!

Goldsteel86
09-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Please try to understand, I am not doubting the Steelers, however I really hate going on the road in primetime facing an 0 - 2 team. I hate to use the expression "Trap Game" but I have to worry it might be. I really hope the Steelers don't take this game lightly, look at the Seahawks last week, Ben almost saw his season go by the wayside. I would really like to see the Steelers pound the ball, I would really like to see alot more of Ike Redman, with some possesion throws to Hines, Antonio, Emmanuel and Wallace. Maybe I am just a little too paranoid, just a thought!

Fire Arians
09-24-2011, 07:22 PM
I think the fact it's a primetime game they won't fall into the trap so easily. nobody wants to look like crap when everybody's watching

ricardisimo
09-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Don't remember the exact stat, but as I recall Tomlin's pretty good in prime time.

Twentyvalve
09-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Tomlin ain't playing!

Don't remember the exact stat, but as I recall Tomlin's pretty good in prime time.

ricardisimo
09-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Tomlin ain't playing!
:rolleyes:

Goldsteel86
09-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Everyone knows Tomlin isn't playing, I believe we have all made that observation, the fact of the matter is sarcasim may not be funny tomorrow night if the Steelers have a game like they opened up with. Alot of Steeler faithful have not forgot, and as alot have read one win or one game doesn't mean anything.

Sixburgher
09-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Alot of Steeler faithful have not forgot, and as alot have read one win or one game doesn't mean anything.

In that case, wouldn't that apply to week one's game as well?

Goldsteel86
09-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Interesting fact, I guess it would but the question is what stands out more in your mind, beating a near pulseless Seahawk team or losing your first game of the season, a division game, to your biggest rival, which one do you remember?

Steelersfan87
09-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Just because you remember it more doesn't mean it's more representative. In fact, that's normally not the case.

steelfury02
09-24-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm confident that we'll win but I think we are going to be facing a desperate Colts team also not wanting to get embarrassed on prime time. I think they are going to show up big for this one. I'm thinking they are going to give us a run for our money, at least in the first half - possibly into the third.

I'm sure they are well aware it is a conference game - and especially after losing a division/conf game to Ravens. I liked hearing what everyone thought of beating the Seahawks. They are still grape squashers and the stench of the wk 1 defeat is still on them, yada,yada,yada . . .

We'll be good, but won't be shocked to see it close for 3/4 of the game.

Goldsteel86
09-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Exactly my point, desperate with nothing to lose. That is scary in itself, last week was nice to see don't get me wrong, however, the Colts have nothing to lose and like my grandfather told me, "Every man pust their pants on the same way, one leg at a time"

cls9761
09-24-2011, 10:26 PM
I think it will be close game..... but STEELERS will take it!!

fer522
09-24-2011, 10:52 PM
steelers by 100 no doubt:chuckle:

Goldsteel86
09-24-2011, 10:55 PM
If your prediction is as good as the picture there are no worries.

DanRooney
09-25-2011, 12:07 AM
I hate games like this because they are easy wins. The Seahawks and Colts are absolutely horrible. I'd say they're the two worst teams in the league. Yeah a win is a win, but beating either doesn't prove much.

Goldsteel86
09-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Exactly, I really don't like the feeling of this game. A total mismatch on paper but these are the games that personnel get hurt, illegal hits, cheap shots, etc... happen. This puts a little fear in me, remember last year versuses the Bengals, Troy gets hurt returning a pick for six against a team like the Colts are now, nothing to lose. I hate to admit it but the Steelers are getting old and the time for this team to win another SB soon is starting to run out. Not looking forward to re-building, with that said it is time to solidify the dynasty now, but also beware of "Trap Games".

sharkweek
09-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Exactly my point, desperate with nothing to lose. That is scary in itself, last week was nice to see don't get me wrong, however, the Colts have nothing to lose and like my grandfather told me, "Every man pust their pants on the same way, one leg at a time"

ridiculous. there's no such thing as "nothing to lose" in this case

the colts have just as much reason to pack it in - if not more so - as we do (not that either team will), why risk career threatening injury by playing recklessly for a season many have already written off with no Manning?

its not like this is the last season of football ever, or an elimination round for the Colts

if we lose it wouldn't be because the Colts were desperate, it would be because they were more professional

btaylor179
09-25-2011, 08:22 AM
just need to beat them soundly ,not play down to our competition like we always do

Steel4ever95
09-25-2011, 10:50 AM
just need to beat them soundly ,not play down to our competition like we always do

Exactly! The Steelers do that way to much. I'm hoping they go in with the mindset to destroy the Colts, and put this thing out of reach in the first half. It would be nice to see the the d in Collins face early and often, if the d gets going quick I like the chances of this being a blowout.

steelfury02
09-25-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm confused on how they won't play like there is nothing to lose and then you state later on that the only reason they'll (Colts) win is because they are more professional.

How are some packing it in but if they win they are more professional? Can't be both ways IMHO . . .

I'll refer back to the Cowboys of last year - Romo was done and they were effectively eliminated from any chance in h-e-double hockey stick, BUT - coach was fired and guys jobs were on the line. To me, the Colts are just as professional as the Steelers in that

1. They do not want the feeling of losing game after game and
2. I'm sure if they continue to play terribly some butts will roll. Do you know how bad it looks if they completely crap the bed because ONE guy wasn't there. That is bad . . . really bad, and don't think for one second that ownership/coaches aren't looking to see who is willing to step up to the plate during their tough times. We (and the Packers) set the tone for injuries for this season. We both made it to the SB and/or won in spite of injuries/adversity. I'm sure some in the locker room are starting to get nervous and will eventually be playing to keep their job there or for their next contract somewhere else. This season is much bigger for this team/organization as whole - a huge measuring stick if you will. They won't make the same mistake of putting all their eggs in one basket.

I fully expect them to give us a game. If your theory that they are packing it in for meaningless season then I'll leave you with the idea that Tomlin keeps his starters in regardless of playoff spot and division being won AND two seasons ago I'd find it hard to argue that Tomlin wasn't watching who was going to show up for the last stretch of games after they lost 5 in a row, not being in control of their destiny and knowing by the time the GB game came around they were eliminated. These guys are exactly that - professionals, and to me - I don't see the Colts completely packing it in. Bad move all the ways around for the organization/players. Sorry - just don't agree with it.

ZoneBlitzer
09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
The only way that the Steelers can lose this game is by shooting themselves in the foot. Having said that, they can do exactly that and lose this game.

Steelers_2231
09-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Sports society is waaaaaay too caught-up in polarizing analogies. Everything is either the "greatest" or "worst" blah, blah, blah and "trap game" is just a way of laying the groundwork in case a huge upset happens that you can note how you saw the potential for it coming while still being able to cover your butt for knowing that your team was going to win.

Goldsteel86
09-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Is that phiosophy or logic?

Goldsteel86
09-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Did I really express that I hate games like this?????:doh: