PDA

View Full Version : Can You Tell Me Why????

Goldsteel86
09-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Do the Steelers have James Harrison dropping in coverage on 3rd and 2? Week 1 it was Woodley, now Harrison, what the hell? Also one running play on the first series, love the Black and Gold but something is not working!!!!!

fer522
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
they're saving the best for the superbowl

55BaileyFan
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Maybe LeBeau is going crazy...this defense does not look the same. They look lost and like old news. I can't stand to even watch this crap.

Goldsteel86
09-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Boys and Girls, if this Defense, well check that if this team does not get their act together it will be a very long season. Just think next week we have to face Houston, in Houston. That team lost by 7 points to the high powered Saints in a game the Saints had to come back to win. I hope the Steelers aren't looking past the Colts!!!!:doh::banging:

steelerjim58
09-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Its not as though that is something new. He has been doing that for years. It has been successful for the most part, but it drives me nuts also. Especially now with so many high powered passing games. Without serious pressure from your pass rush, you will get eaten up.

madtowndrunkard
09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
I think I'll refrain from telling Dick Lebeau how he should be running our defense. I'll trust that he knows what he's doing.

Bruce Arians on the other hand.... He has proven NOTHING other then he knows how to keep inferior opponents close.... he also is pretty consistent in "NOT" exploiting the opponents weakness or adjusting in game when issues arise.

I will say that our defense looks weak.

JCPsteelers
09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't have a problem with OLB covering but I was confused why Troy P was 33 yards from the line of scrimmage a few times. Reminded me of the defense in the Super Bowl vs Arizona late in the 4th

tony hipchest
09-26-2011, 01:02 AM
basic fundamentals of dick lebeaus zone blitz scheme. the reason why you guys are seeing something new is because dick lebeau is always coming up with something new.

the reason troy is playing 33 yards off the line of scrimmage is because if he feels like he wants to play that far back he is given the liberty to do so.

the steelers won. our 2 defensive players of the year created and scored a touchdown as if they were on offense. i dont see the problem.

TRH
09-26-2011, 06:30 AM
Our linebacking crew, aside from Harrison, has been completely MIA.

And what about Troy playing like 30 yards off the line of scrimmage last night at times. Even the announcers were baffled and thought it ridiculous.

SteeleReign
09-26-2011, 07:21 AM
I'll take the win. I have no issues with 92 dropping into coverage - heck, that's basically how we beat the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. I thought Troy had a great game causing havoc. BUT, what I do have a problem with is that Woodley needs to develop some moves. His bull-rush is not working. Without a secondary move he is becoming almost worthless to this team.

StainlessStill
09-26-2011, 07:23 AM
I don't have a problem with OLB covering but I was confused why Troy P was 33 yards from the line of scrimmage a few times. Reminded me of the defense in the Super Bowl vs Arizona late in the 4th

When I saw Troy lining up 33 yards away from the play against quarterbacks who can't throw a pass past 10 yards at first I was like:

:wink02:

Then I was like:

:doh:

Then :banging: