PDA

View Full Version : Collinsworth-less...Worse annoucer ever

lambertlunaticfan
09-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Maybe its just me,but it seemed like chris has a little man crush on the colts freely and mathis.I mean he would'nt stop slurping all about them even as they were losing the game-I mean i get it, they are good,i mean noone can run around the ends and spin like tops like them.But come on,every play he was talking about them---:tt:wow...

tony hipchest
09-25-2011, 11:51 PM
they were kicking ass. everyone knows freeney is one of the best in the game.

plus collinsworth was slurping all over mike wallace as well, saying short of andrae johnson, calvin johnson, and larry fitzgerald, he couldnt think of another wr he'd rather have ahead of him.

thats pretty high praise.

(have to EDIT- to agree with the 2 following p0osts)

ZoneBlitzer
09-25-2011, 11:52 PM
I totally disagree. He's excellent what he does. He had every right to feature the Colts ends because they were absolutely owning the Steelers. He even pointed their stupidity for running a circular rush which took too long to get to Ben. He also focused on the story of the game: the Colts put up a valiant effort and they were led by their defensive stars, Freeney and Mathis.

MACH1
09-25-2011, 11:54 PM
At least we didn't have to listen to dierdorf.

DanRooney
09-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Have you seen Collinsworth when he talks about Brady? He gets red in the cheeks and his eyes begin to sparkle.

ricardisimo
09-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Give credit where credit is due. Freeney's good. very good.

lambertlunaticfan
09-26-2011, 12:01 AM
I did say,"maybe its just me".....----

ZoneBlitzer
09-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Give credit where credit is due. Freeney's good. very good.

Mathis ain't so bad either. And speaking as a fan of the sport....two of the best defensive ends I have ever seen play the game.

Buddha Bus
09-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Have you seen Collinsworth when he talks about Brady? He gets red in the cheeks and his eyes begin to sparkle.

Which cheeks?

davidtrout
09-26-2011, 12:29 AM
I did say,"maybe its just me".....----

:chuckle:

First time I've smiled since the TD pass to Wallace. Thanks man.

Third Rail
09-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Collinsworth gushed over them sure, but he also gushed about Ben and Wallace throughout the game. He usually annoys me (and tonight was no exception) but I still didn't feel like he was favoring one team over the other; just giving credit to the players who did well. Hell, they gushed over Troy for about 10 minutes after he got BEAT and Addai dove in for a TD.

StainlessStill
09-26-2011, 12:43 AM
Maybe its just me,but it seemed like chris has a little man crush on the colts freely and mathis.I mean he would'nt stop slurping all about them even as they were losing the game-I mean i get it, they are good,i mean noone can run around the ends and spin like tops like them.But come on,every play he was talking about them---:tt:wow...

Collinsworth actually had a lot of GOOD things to say about us when he had no reason to say any nice things at all. He had great things to say about Ben and Troy ALL GAME.

The way I see it, he's a color commentator, being paid big bucks to recognize and call the plays as they ly on the field. His comments were right on. Nothing out of the ordinary or things that spoke out of hatred by any means. Freeney and Mathis deserved all the BJ's they got from the booth.

SunshineMan21
09-26-2011, 01:33 AM
I actually like Collinsworth--he's much smarter than the Simms/Theisman level of broadcasters, and while he'll occasionally gush a bit he also gives interesting insight sometimes.

Plus, Freeney/Mathis deserved the praise, and he praised Wallace/Polamalu as well.

OX1947
09-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Al Michaels comes with the little quips, Collinsworth comes in with the gush. No different then Michaels and Madden. Frank Caliendo practically became famous from doing Madden gushing over Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavr e.

ricardisimo
09-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Which cheeks?
Do we really need to say?

effyou515
09-26-2011, 03:18 AM
he is better then a lot of them

Steeldude
09-26-2011, 03:47 AM
At least we didn't have to listen to dierdorf.

this :thumbsup:

solardave
09-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Collinsworth hates the Steelers because he played for the Bengals but I think somewhere along the line he was told to curb his contempt and start being objective. I'd rather listen to him than Phil (I don't like the Steelers and don't care who knows it Simms),who is an idiot in his own rite.

theplatypus
09-26-2011, 05:10 AM
First it was Simms and now it's Collinsworth?

TRH
09-26-2011, 06:15 AM
I'm usually an apologist for Collinsworth, as i don't think he's near as bad as some say. In fact, he's one of the best announcers, in the game.
But last night, i agree, he ventured into super-annoying territory. There was a small bit of praise for Pittsburgh, but he completely went overboard about the Colts. There lies Collinsworth's biggest fault as an announcer : he almost always picks one side in a game and goes on....and on....and on...and on...and on about that team. I think thats why he p*sses off so many people.
I won't complain too much because he's done it FOR us in the past, but he certainly didn't last night.
And here's just one example of many:
I can't remember who, but late in the 1st half one of the Colts OL was called for holding and he went on and on about how he was 'accidentally' pulled down and no way it should have been a penalty. Not too much longer, we had nearly the exact same play when one of our linemen accidentally "pulled" someone down and Collinsworth went on and on about how that was a deserved penalty. It was near the exact same play. and both were 'accidental'

steelfury02
09-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Wait, wait, wait - just had an idea - what about movin A.Smith to O-line? C'mon - the guy can at least hold guys off even if he can't get any push back!?!!?!?!?!!?!? It is at least worth trying . . .

therocksteeler
09-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Collinsworth hates the Steelers because he played for the Bengals but I think somewhere along the line he was told to curb his contempt and start being objective. I'd rather listen to him than Phil (I don't like the Steelers and don't care who knows it Simms),who is an idiot in his own rite.

AMEN! :iagree:

Curtain_of_Steel
09-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Collingsworth was ok, even stated the Steelers are a top 5 team. Praised Ben some. I didn't have a problem with them.

Plus Goodell probably threatened to fine them if they pick on players after last weeks headline repeater of the that chocke artist in Chicago, named Cutler, lol

jjpro11
09-26-2011, 09:39 AM
EVERY announcer will pull for the severe underdog in situations like last night because the entire football watching audience is also, other than Steelers fans. if the Steelers would have continued off their 10-0 start, we would have heard Steelers praising all night. it's the way it is.

theplatypus
09-26-2011, 09:51 AM
EVERY announcer will pull for the severe underdog in situations like last night because the entire football watching audience is also, other than Steelers fans. if the Steelers would have continued off their 10-0 start, we would have heard Steelers praising all night. it's the way it is.

No way, you're full of it. It's all part of the mainstream media conspiracy.

cloppbeast
09-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Better than Phil Simms

FanSince72
09-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Better than Phil Simms

Or Jim Nantz.

I'd rather be yelled at by my wife and my mother-in-law than to listen to Nantz and Simms.

As far as Collinsworth and Michaels go, I think they are the best in the business.
Of all the talking heads out there, they seem the most like just two guys watching a game.
They're not "on" all the time, they talk about relevant things and they know when to shut up.

They're funny as well.
On one play, Freeney did one of his spin moves and ended up knocking over two Steelers and one of them fell into Ben and Michaels off-handedly said the play looked like "Three guys leaving a bar".

I cracked up on that one. :applaudit:

Buddha Bus
09-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Do we really need to say?

Please don't. The more left unsaid... the better. :chuckle:

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Every analyst that isn't Merril Hoge sucks, right?

caplovestroyp43
09-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Or Jim Nantz.

I'd rather be yelled at by my wife and my mother-in-law than to listen to Nantz and Simms.

As far as Collinsworth and Michaels go, I think they are the best in the business.
Of all the talking heads out there, they seem the most like just two guys watching a game.
They're not "on" all the time, they talk about relevant things and they know when to shut up.

They're funny as well.
On one play, Freeney did one of his spin moves and ended up knocking over two Steelers and one of them fell into Ben and Michaels off-handedly said the play looked like "Three guys leaving a bar".

I cracked up on that one. :applaudit:

Yeah, that was pretty funny! :tt02::tt02:

theplatypus
09-26-2011, 11:53 AM

Around here if an analyst doesn't slob all over the Steelers knob or if they point out what the steelers are doing wrong they're just showing their bias.

sharkweek
09-26-2011, 01:01 PM

it is just you

did you just completely ignore how much he was slobbing all over Polamalu's knob?

he also was obsessing over how awesome Harrison was even though he had a pretty medicore game

its not like he was completely one-sided with his praises

gameface75
09-26-2011, 01:10 PM
I actually like Collinsworth--he's much smarter than the Simms/Theisman level of broadcasters, and while he'll occasionally gush a bit he also gives interesting insight sometimes.

Plus, Freeney/Mathis deserved the praise, and he praised Wallace/Polamalu as well.

Phil Simms is an Asshole, listening to him for to long , Forgive me for this , Can make you miss that other Asshole Joe Theisman.

Third Rail
09-26-2011, 11:54 PM
John Gruden is worse than all of them.

THIS GUY... let me tell ya about this guy right here. THIS GUY John Beck... yeah, you've probably never heard of him and he's never done anything significant in his entire career but make sure the bench stays nice and warm with his glutes and get passed around from team to team like a cheap hooker with a crack problem... but THIS GUY has been lighting it up in the preseason here. Let me tell ya Jaws, this guy is the guy who will one day be the guy that could maybe lead these guys to a championship someday and then all of Washington will be hailing this other guy Shanahan as a genius for naming this guy Beck the starter. I'll tell ya, I'm on the John Beck bandwagon. This guy has what it takes. Look for him to start in Week 1 over Grossman.

tony hipchest
09-27-2011, 12:15 AM
why is it that so many die hard football fans spend so much time and effort (even hatred) bitching about the announcers and talking heads?

i love watching football and barely notice them, infact i think they add to the game.

i also love having sex with a fine woman. i compare it to someone else who also supposedly loves having sex with fine women but constantly complains that it feels kinda slimy.

(and yes... i did just compare chris collinsworth to vaginal slime)

TRH
09-27-2011, 05:38 AM

Assanine comment. Funny thing is that us Steeler fans rarely, if ever, talk about Merril Hoge.

NCBlackWolf
09-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Phil Simms is an Asshole, listening to him for to long , Forgive me for this , Can make you miss that other Asshole Joe Theisman.

Oh, Lord, I would rather have three chicks in the booth than listen to Theisman ever agan. No offense to chicks.

MDSteel15
09-27-2011, 08:57 AM

Hogie is very objective! He even berates some of the bonehead things some Steelers personnel and players do!

:hatsoff:

tony hipchest
09-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Every analyst that isn't Merril Hoge sucks, right?ravens fans favorite announcers are a knife and a get away limo.

raven fans dont even know about merrill hoge or chris collinsworth. theyre still too busy bitching about the biassed analysts on court tv.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 02:40 PM
ravens fans favorite announcers are a knife and a get away limo.

raven fans dont even know about merrill hoge or chris collinsworth. theyre still too busy bitching about the biassed analysts on court tv.

Good one.

Your quarterback is a rapist who regardless of if he did it or not, couldn't even learn from his first rape accussation and did it again. Who other than Ray Lewis has made a mistake in Ravens' history other than Ray Lewis? At least he learned from his mistake and stopped hanging around with people that stab others.

MACH1
09-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Good one.

Your quarterback is a rapist who regardless of if he did it or not, couldn't even learn from his first rape accussation and did it again. Who other than Ray Lewis has made a mistake in Ravens' history other than Ray Lewis? At least he learned from his mistake and stopped hanging around with people that stab others.

Ask and you shall receive.
Coke dealer extraordinaire.

http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1007/3792550_200X150.jpg

Neil-Still-Rules-14
09-27-2011, 02:48 PM
:tap:

Don't feed the troll.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/ap_hines_ward_mugshot.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4970050

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/steelers_jeff_reed_arrested/510461

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3284544

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3736356

ALL OF THESE PLAYERS WERE DRAFTED, DEBUTED WITH OR STARTED THEIR CAREERS (ACTUALLY STARTED TO PLAY GOOD) with the Steelers. What are you guys teaching over there in Pittsburgh?

MACH1
09-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Ravens linebacker Sergio Kindle plead guilty Tuesday in a Howard County Maryland courtroom, to drunken-driving charges stemming from his arrest this past December.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/213/830/kindle_crop_340x234.jpg?1305069223
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/696775-baltimore-ravens-sergio-kindle-stays-out-of-jail-with-his-day-in-court

12/29/07: Gerome Sapp (DB): Misdemeanor assault outside bar, ironically filed by former Raven longsnapper Joe Maese. Charges were dropped after Maese refused to testify.

5/10/07: Steve McNair (QB): McNair was a passenger but the owner of a vehicle being driven by a drunk friend.

8/15/05: BJ Sams (KR/PR): DUI (for the second time in 14 months).

4/20/04: Corey Fuller (DB): Gambling and gun charges for holding a high stakes poker game at his home.

2/25/04: Jamal Lewis (RB): Federal charges of conspiracy to possess cocaine w/ the intent to distribute.

8/18/03: Chris McAlister (DB): DUI

3/9/03: Terrell Suggs (DE): Felony aggrevated assault in Phoenix (charges dropped).

9/4/01: Cornell Brown (LB): Possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

6/15/01: Chris McAlister (CB): In Las Vegas' airpost, he was charged with a misdemeanor of disturbing the peace after getting into an argument with a flight attendant over seating arrangements. (Rexx's Note: Beginning to see a trend here?)

5/4/01: Leon Searcy (OL): Charged w/ domestic violence.

5/20/00: Chris MCAlister (DB): Possession of marijuana (charges dropped). (Rexx's Note: Anybody still miss him?)

...and the biggest and baddest one is.....

1/31/00: Ray Lewis (LB): Initially charged with muder, felony murder and aggrevated assault in the deaths of two men the night of the Super Bowl in Atlanta. Pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and paid a $250,000 NFL fine.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2009/4/19/844562/story-title

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 03:01 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/213/830/kindle_crop_340x234.jpg?1305069223
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/696775-baltimore-ravens-sergio-kindle-stays-out-of-jail-with-his-day-in-court

12/29/07: Gerome Sapp (DB): Misdemeanor assault outside bar, ironically filed by former Raven longsnapper Joe Maese. Charges were dropped after Maese refused to testify.

5/10/07: Steve McNair (QB): McNair was a passenger but the owner of a vehicle being driven by a drunk friend.

8/15/05: BJ Sams (KR/PR): DUI (for the second time in 14 months).

4/20/04: Corey Fuller (DB): Gambling and gun charges for holding a high stakes poker game at his home.

2/25/04: Jamal Lewis (RB): Federal charges of conspiracy to possess cocaine w/ the intent to distribute.

8/18/03: Chris McAlister (DB): DUI

3/9/03: Terrell Suggs (DE): Felony aggrevated assault in Phoenix (charges dropped).

9/4/01: Cornell Brown (LB): Possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

6/15/01: Chris McAlister (CB): In Las Vegas' airpost, he was charged with a misdemeanor of disturbing the peace after getting into an argument with a flight attendant over seating arrangements. (Rexx's Note: Beginning to see a trend here?)

5/4/01: Leon Searcy (OL): Charged w/ domestic violence.

5/20/00: Chris MCAlister (DB): Possession of marijuana (charges dropped). (Rexx's Note: Anybody still miss him?)

...and the biggest and baddest one is.....

1/31/00: Ray Lewis (LB): Initially charged with muder, felony murder and aggrevated assault in the deaths of two men the night of the Super Bowl in Atlanta. Pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and paid a $250,000 NFL fine.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2009/4/19/844562/story-title

Don't get me started, I can easily look up an NFL Arrests Database and I guarantee you more Steelers players have been arrested since 2000.

MACH1
09-27-2011, 03:05 PM
You asked who else in baltimoron history.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 03:05 PM
16 Arrests / Accusations (for Baltimore) vs. 19 Arrests / Accusations (17 Arrests without Accusations on Ben Roethlisberger). Every team has players that make mistakes, so bringing up any bullshit like that when we are talking about analysts is just immature and classless.

EDIT: What is worse, is your players (that are still playing) don't seem to learn from their mistakes and have multiple offenses, whereas everyone in Baltimore's history (since 2000) have only been arrested once each.

kirklandrules
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Who other than Ray Lewis has made a mistake in Ravens' history other than Ray Lewis? At least he learned from his mistake and stopped hanging around with people that stab others.

Oh, I thought Ray Ray's mistake was being covered in a dead man's blood. But he was smart enough to know that dead men tell no tales. In one night, Ray Ray showed he was a back stabber in every sense of the word. :backstab: :cya:

But I'm sure Ray Ray is a real boyscout and did everything he could to prevent the unlawful slaughter of another human being.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 03:09 PM
16 Arrests / Accusations (for Baltimore) vs. 19 Arrests / Accusations (17 Arrests without Accusations on Ben Roethlisberger). Every team has players that make mistakes, so bringing up any bullshit like that when we are talking about analysts is just immature and classless.

EDIT: What is worse, is your players (that are still playing) don't seem to learn from their mistakes and have multiple offenses, whereas everyone in Baltimore's history (since 2000) have only been arrested once each.

I don't need to post anymore on this subject, you can continue to be the classless, ignorant fans that always dwell on the past (your 6 Super Bowl rings, that I am sure most of you weren't even around for) or the Ray Lewis stuff.

MACH1
09-27-2011, 03:13 PM

I'd suggest you take a closer look at that list. Chris McAlister in particular at 3 times.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 03:15 PM
I'd suggest you take a closer look at that list. Chris McAlister in particular at 3 times.

I don't need to, I am looking at the Database the information it is from. He was only arrested once and it was for possession of marijuana, and the charges were dropped.

EDIT: He was also arrested for a DUI, but STILL 16 to 17; not counting Ben's TWO rape accusations.

Steelersfan87
09-27-2011, 03:17 PM
I suggest that everybody in this argument shut the **** up, because this is retarded.

kirklandrules
09-27-2011, 03:19 PM
everyone in Baltimore's history (since 2000) have only been arrested once each.

Wow, another reason I'll include in my list of reasons why I don't go to Baltimore! And to think that I wasn't going because I thought it was just a class A sh!thole!

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Wow, another reason I'll include in my list of reasons why I don't go to Baltimore! And to think that I wasn't going because I thought it was just a class A sh!thole!

You obviously are a blind homer, considering I posted FACTS that show Pittsburgh players have more arrests and accusations since 2000 AND they can't stop, that's the worst part.

MACH1
09-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I suggest that everybody in this argument shut the **** up, because this is retarded.

And you know what you can do with your suggestion.

tony hipchest
09-27-2011, 03:23 PM
I don't need to post anymore on this subject.awww... the poor little ravenfans started a fire in teh kitchen and then realized he couldnt take the heat.

thats cute.

posting a mugshot was a real touch of class. thankfully he didnt mow somebody down like donta stallworthless.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 03:25 PM
awww... the poor little ravenfans started a fire in teh kitchen and then realized he couldnt take the heat.

thats cute.

posting a mugshot was a real touch of class. thankfully he didnt mow somebody down like donta stallworthless.

You do realize Donte Stallworth was on MANY teams in his career because he's not good, he wasn't drafted by us, he made no impact on the team and only was here for a year, so your point is invalid and like I said, he's only been arrested once; at least he learned from his mistakes and didn't rape 2 people.

kirklandrules
09-27-2011, 03:29 PM
awww... the poor little ravenfans started a fire in teh kitchen and then realized he couldnt take the heat.

thats cute.

And yet he still posts! Wish I had the time to join other teams forums and get into arguments I can't support ... and never stop. Sometimes I think all those posters are really one person ... Thumper, is that you old boy?

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 03:30 PM
And yet he still posts! Wish I had the time to join other teams forums and get into arguments I can't support ... and never stop. Sometimes I think all those posters are really one person ... Thumper, is that you old boy?

How can I not support it? I've posted facts, multiple times. I know you're delusional, but this is just pathetic...

kirklandrules
09-27-2011, 03:35 PM
How can I not support it? I've posted facts, multiple times. I know you're delusional, but this is just pathetic...

Just slightly less pathetic than you being on this forum and continuing to post.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Just slightly less pathetic than you being on this forum and continuing to post.

Not really. Using my freedom of speech is pathetic? What is pathetic is the delusion, sense of entitlement and immaturity on this forum. I posted something about Merril Hoge and tony hipchest decided to say that Baltimore's players just go to court and complain (or something along those lines, because he's really bad at jokes). Then I proved him wrong, when I showed that Steelers have more arrests since 2000, not including Ben's TWO accussations of rape (you'd think he'd learn).

tony hipchest
09-27-2011, 03:40 PM
at least he learned from his mistakes and didn't rape 2 people....because killing 2 people is the standard?

is that your argument?

that ray killed 2 people at once and learned his lesson (after the get away, cover up, and obstructing justice, of course), therefore is better than ben, who had sex a year apart with 2 different skanks?

:drink: heres to redemption and quickly learning from ones mistakes.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 03:44 PM
...because killing 2 people is the standard?

is that your argument?

that ray killed 2 people at once and learned his lesson (after the get away, cover up, and obstructing justice, of course), therefore is better than ben, who had sex a year apart with 2 different skanks?

:drink: heres to redemption and quickly learning from ones mistakes.

Was Ray Lewis convicted of it? Innocent until proven guilty. All 16 of Baltimore's arrests don't mean anything and all 17 of Pittsburgh's arrests don't mean anything considering NONE of them are in jail (which could be another problem, about letting NFL players get off on crimes), but regardless you act like Baltimore's team(s) have been full of thugs, when the Steelers have been arrested just as much and 1 time more.

kirklandrules
09-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Was Ray Lewis convicted of it? Innocent until proven guilty. All 16 of Baltimore's arrests don't mean anything and all 17 of Pittsburgh's arrests don't mean anything considering NONE of them are in jail (which could be another problem, about letting NFL players get off on crimes), but regardless you act like Baltimore's team(s) have been full of thugs, when the Steelers have been arrested just as much and 1 time more.

Really? I mean you're still here? Let me get this straight: you're a Raven's fan ... on a Steelers forum. You tell us that Ray Ray is better than Ben because Ray Ray learned his lesson. When you're called out on that, you state that you aren't going to post anymore. But you do. Then you claim this forum sucks. Then you come up with a tally sheet of who is arrested on each team and call it a "database". Then you try to tell us the difference between charged and convicted. And now you're back to some type of tally?

ricardisimo
09-27-2011, 03:55 PM
You obviously are a blind homer, considering I posted FACTS that show Pittsburgh players have more arrests and accusations since 2000 AND they can't stop, that's the worst part.
Blind homer? You come from Baltimore, which regularly competes with DC and Detroit for the title of Murder Capital, USA, most dangerous city, least livable city, etc., and you're calling him a blind homer for pointing out what a shithole you live in?

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Really? I mean you're still here? Let me get this straight: you're a Raven's fan ... on a Steelers forum. You tell us that Ray Ray is better than Ben because Ray Ray learned his lesson. When you're called out on that, you state that you aren't going to post anymore. But you do. Then you claim this forum sucks. Then you come up with a tally sheet of who is arrested on each team and call it a "database". Then you try to tell us the difference between charged and convicted. And now you're back to some type of tally?

Where did I say Ray Lewis was better than Ben because he "learned his lesson", I said AT LEAST HE DID. I said I don't need to post on this forum, not that I wasn't going to (because I'd already proven you guys wrong) and here is the link to the database, you can look at it for yourself.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/

And this forum doesn't suck for a Steelers fan, but reading it from my perspective I just can't help but laugh at all of the delusional, sense of entitlement, smugness and idiotic things that happen on this forum. Once again, I was attacked for asking if Merril Hoge was the best analyst to a Steelers' fan.

Please, get your facts straight and go back to liking the Carolina Panthers, you bandwagoner.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Blind homer? You come from Baltimore, which regularly competes with DC and Detroit for the title of Murder Capital, USA, most dangerous city, least livable city, etc., and you're calling him a blind homer for pointing out what a shithole you live in?

Actually, I don't come from Baltimore; I've been there only for Ravens' games; so once again, your point is invalid. And what does "blind homer" have to do with Baltimore being Murder Capital, Most Dangerous City, Least Liveable City, etc. (which you PROBABLY made up, considering you hate Baltimore)?

ricardisimo
09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Actually, I don't come from Baltimore; I've been there only for Ravens' games; so once again, your point is invalid. And what does "blind homer" have to do with Baltimore being Murder Capital, Most Dangerous City, Least Liveable City, etc. (which you PROBABLY made up, considering you hate Baltimore)?
He called Baltimore a shithole (it is). You responded that he was a blind homer (he's not... Baltimore is a shithole.) Do you always have this difficulty following the threads of your own arguments.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 04:52 PM
He called Baltimore a shithole (it is). You responded that he was a blind homer (he's not... Baltimore is a shithole.) Do you always have this difficulty following the threads of your own arguments.

Actually, I didn't call him a blind homer because he said Baltimore was a shithole (don't care if it is or not, because I wouldn't live in the shithole parts of it), I called him it because he was ignoring the facts I posted and wouldn't accept that more Steelers players have been arrested than Ravens players since 2000, despite saying the baltimore ravens' organization is thuggish, etc.

kirklandrules
09-27-2011, 07:12 PM
My vote for the worst announcer ... Mike Tirico (a.k.a. Shrek).

http://forums.steelersfever.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1497&stc=1&d=1317168218

Whodis
09-27-2011, 07:13 PM

Seriously, Phil Simms on the ravens nuts

kirklandrules
09-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Where did I say Ray Lewis was better than Ben because he "learned his lesson", I said AT LEAST HE DID. I said I don't need to post on this forum, not that I wasn't going to (because I'd already proven you guys wrong) and here is the link to the database, you can look at it for yourself.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/

And this forum doesn't suck for a Steelers fan, but reading it from my perspective I just can't help but laugh at all of the delusional, sense of entitlement, smugness and idiotic things that happen on this forum. Once again, I was attacked for asking if Merril Hoge was the best analyst to a Steelers' fan.

Please, get your facts straight and go back to liking the Carolina Panthers, you bandwagoner.

You didn't prove us wrong ya filthy ratbird fan. You sound like an alcoholic ... "I can stop anytime, but don't want to.".
So you call that a "database"? Well here's my evidence (video) that Ray Lewis is, in fact, a scumbag:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZDzOGFXts

BigRick
09-27-2011, 08:11 PM
I don't need to post anymore on this subject, you can continue to be the classless, ignorant fans that always dwell on the past (your 6 Super Bowl rings, that I am sure most of you weren't even around for) or the Ray Lewis stuff.

I was around for every one of them. You'll never liv long enough to see the Ratbirds win that many.:helmet:

caplovestroyp43
09-27-2011, 09:59 PM

Hey you stupid a sshat, Ben wasn't convicted either! So you need to take the innocent until proven guilty with him too.

Oh I forgot. Rat fans can't do that. Go the hell away. This was a conversation about announcers. Not taking cheap shots at our players.

SC Mom or Tony....how about the banned button? I think this a sshole deserves it!!

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey you stupid a sshat, Ben wasn't convicted either! So you need to take the innocent until proven guilty with him too.

Oh I forgot. Rat fans can't do that. Go the hell away. This was a conversation about announcers. Not taking cheap shots at our players.

SC Mom or Tony....how about the banned button? I think this a sshole deserves it!!

You're a dumbass, if you read through the thread you'd realize I was talking about announcers, then someone took a shot at the Ravens' players. I think it's fair I can do the same, right?

Also, if you read the entire thread you'd know that I don't give a shit who was convicted for anything, Ben and Ray are innocent as far as I am concerned. I was just stating that more Steelers players have been ARRESTED since 2000 than Ravens players, so calling the Ravens "thuggish" is just stupid.

cubanstogie
09-27-2011, 10:09 PM
I think Collinsworth is very knowledgeable, When it was Aikman, Buck and Collinsworth I think they were the best in the game. Matt Millen is the worst IMO, Dierdorf is tough to listen to as well. Then again I like Sims and Nance. Its all a matter of who makes you the least nauseous. I don't judge them by how much they like the Steelers though.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 10:13 PM
I think Collinsworth is very knowledgeable, When it was Aikman, Buck and Collinsworth I think they were the best in the game. Matt Millen is the worst IMO, Dierdorf is tough to listen to as well. Then again I like Sims and Nance. Its all a matter of who makes you the least nauseous. I don't judge them by how much they like the Steelers though.

Legit fan right here, can't look at how they feel about your favorite team (although it's hard not to, sometimes) and just see if they're knowledgeable and informative. John Gruden on the other hand is knowledgeable and informative, but doesn't know how to stop talking. I think he loves to hear his own voice.

lambertlunaticfan
09-27-2011, 11:47 PM
I know,did you not see where i wrote,"maybe it's just me"-:thumbsup:it is just you

did you just completely ignore how much he was slobbing all over Polamalu's knob?

he also was obsessing over how awesome Harrison was even though he had a pretty medicore game

its not like he was completely one-sided with his praises

Steelersfan87
09-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Is this forum moderated?

tony hipchest
09-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Is this forum moderated?

:whistle: