PDA

View Full Version : McNair's agent wants something done.....

DIESELMAN
06-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Bus Cook, agent for QB Steve McNair, wants the Tennessee Titans to do something. "Keep him under the contract he has, trade him, cut him or start trying to get a new deal done with the starting point being what's on the table from the Ravens," agent Bus Cook said Tuesday. "They don't want to do any of those things. ... You can't have your cake and eat it, too." Make a move, Tennessee!!!!!

Suitanim
06-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Actually, the Titans are being smart from a business sense in that they are weakening the Ravens by holding onto McNair until the last minute (The two teams play this year). The longer they keep McNair out of a Ratbird uniform, the steeper his learning curve will be. And since neither team was very good last year, and they probably both naturally hope to improve and make the playoffs, wins will be at an absolute premium this year...

Steel12
06-07-2006, 09:10 AM
For all that McNair has done for that franchise, they should be grateful. I know it's a business but the rest of the players see this and know that they can't trust their own boss. Let that man go and move on...

83-Steelers-43
06-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Actually, the Titans are being smart from a business sense in that they are weakening the Ravens by holding onto McNair until the last minute (The two teams play this year). The longer they keep McNair out of a Ratbird uniform, the steeper his learning curve will be. And since neither team was very good last year, and they probably both naturally hope to improve and make the playoffs, wins will be at an absolute premium this year...

Good point. Never thought of it that way. Hell, I didn't even know the two teams met up this season.

"It's not personal, just business."

Ohio Steeler
06-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I dont see the Titans doing anything thisa year for McNair as to trade or cutting him, I belive they will make him ride the year out sitting on the bench and next year try to trade him or cut him...

CowherLover
06-07-2006, 10:34 AM
From what I've read, I don't think keeping him for the next year is even an option. All about the Benjamins and he stands to make considerably more jack with a 5 year deal with the ratbirds. I understand it's business but it's still a sh*tty thing to do,IMO.

DIESELMAN
06-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Teresa M. Walker, of the Associated Press, reports the Baltimore Ravens can do nothing but wait for a decision from the Tennessee Titans regarding QB Steve McNair. McNair's agent Bus Cook said it is time for the Titans to decide what to do with the 2003 NFL MVP. The Baltimore Ravens have agreed to a deal with McNair that includes an $11 million signing bonus as part of a five-year deal and a $1 million salary for 2006. The Ravens have been trying unsuccessfully to acquire the quarterback in a trade with the Titans. Cook said, "It'd be in Steve's best interest to go somewhere else if he feels wanted, feels like they want him to be a member of the team and are willing to pay him for that."

I understand its business but thats a shitty way to treat someone....this should also give every other Titan a heads up on their futures and the way they might be shown the door.

Suitanim
06-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Oh, yeah, it's shitty, and you guys are right, it will have a lasting effect on other players when they are considering signing with the titans in the future...if they treat an MVP QB who took them to the Super Bowl this poorly, how are they treat other, less marquee players?

But I see the business angle as well...

Hines86Ward
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
McNair just got traded to the Ravens for their 4th round pick in 2007

Ohio Steeler
06-07-2006, 01:25 PM
McNair just got traded to the Ravens for their 4th round pick in 2007

link please because NFL.com or ESPN does not have anything about that

edit I found it

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2474267

still not going to help the ratbirds out

Hines86Ward
06-07-2006, 01:45 PM
I just saw it on ESPN News....NFL.com is usually 2 days late on everything so they won't have it yet, but I found an article on CBS Sportsline...

Titans finally trade QB McNair to Ravens, pending physical
June 7, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans ended their stalemate with quarterback Steve McNair on Wednesday and traded the former MVP to the Baltimore Ravens pending a physical.

"We have granted permission to Baltimore to give Steve McNair a physical, which we expect to take place in the next 24 hours," the team said in a statement.

"Upon passing a physical, final trade terms will be agreed upon."

McNair, who turned 33 in February, was the winningest quarterback in franchise history. In 11 seasons, he went 81-59 and led them to their only Super Bowl in 2000. He and Peyton Manning shared the league's MVP award in 2003.

McNair won a grievance last week that allowed him to return to the team's headquarters and work out after being told he couldn't on April 3. The Titans had been trying to renegotiate a cheaper salary for McNair to lower a $23.46 million salary cap hit.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Ohio Steeler
06-07-2006, 01:58 PM
ok so it looks like he is back in the AFC North however I really dont see him or the ratbirds doing anoything big in the north even with McNair as there QB...

Ambridge
06-07-2006, 02:18 PM
ok so it looks like he is back in the AFC North however I really dont see him or the ratbirds doing anoything big in the north even with McNair as there QB...

Baltimore fans are all giddy as can be about getting McNair but a lot of them are refusing to acknowledge that Steve is in the "China Doll" phase of his career.
Should McNair win the starting QB job(which shouldn't be that hard)I would be literally shocked if he started and played a full 8-10 games......possibly less.......and then it's back to Kyle Boller.

Steel12
06-07-2006, 02:27 PM
The Ravens play us tough EVERY game....I believe this just made it tougher. He always plays well against us.

83-Steelers-43
06-07-2006, 02:30 PM
That's fine. First hit by us and he will break like glass. No worries here. The Ratbirds are the least of my worries.

CowherLover
06-07-2006, 02:52 PM
I agree with the fact he's in the china doll phase, but the guy still has skills. Too bad for him that he decided to come back to this division, it just may end up shortening the length of his career. You can see Troy flying out of the backfield and crushing him, OMG! Boller will be starting qb again by November 26.

Suitanim
06-07-2006, 03:55 PM
I can't wait to see the Ravens FO and Bildick finally have to publicly admit the "Kyle Boller Experiment" was a horrific and miserable total failure...

tony hipchest
06-07-2006, 05:03 PM
something has been done. a trade for a 4th round pick has been agreed on and all steve has to do is pass his physical with the ravens which was granted today. bye bye boller, its the bench for you.

BB2W
06-07-2006, 05:07 PM
I personally enjoyed watching Boller try to play quarterback at this level... this is the end of an era. :busted:

Lyn
06-08-2006, 12:35 PM
The fact is, the Titans were extremely hard up against the cap. There really wasn't too much they could do to keep McNair and sign the draft picks too. As it is, he still counts 14M against the cap as dead money for 2006. That is what happens when a player keeps having his contract restructured to help out the team, eventually, it comes back to bite them in the butt.

SteelCityMan786
06-08-2006, 02:21 PM
McNair's Agent did get something done. It's called McNair getting whooped by the Steelers TWICE this year. He'll be sacked like 15+ times against the Steelers considering how bad the Ratbirds are(Pending his physical).