PDA

View Full Version : D. Sanders and M. Irvin agree with Sapp...

tony hipchest
09-26-2011, 02:28 AM
... that our DL is looking old and slow.

of course they are completely clueeless tha t the young ziggy hood played today (not keisel) and have no idea that hampton is actually off the field for about half of the defensive snaps. so much for the excellent education these atheletes are receiving at "tha U" and FSU.

thes assclowns couldnt even sniff a job with their degree if it werent for football.

they also cry along with mike vick for not getting late hit flags as if the man is holding a brotha down.

DanRooney
09-26-2011, 02:34 AM
I don't know why they're complaining about our defense after tonight's game. They only allowed 10 points. The other 10 came giftwrapped from Jonathan Scott.

ricardisimo
09-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Like I said: Fat, stupid and it's over.

tony hipchest
09-26-2011, 02:46 AM
I don't know why they're complaining about our defense after tonight's game. They only allowed 10 points. The other 10 game giftwrapped from Jonathan Scott.theyre probably in a fantasy football league that allows the drafting of individual defensive players. :hunch:

theres only a handfull of tv analysts who actually pay attention to and watch every game, as if its full time job.

for other mediots such as themselves, it is a part time, 8 hour a week gig, where they are paid for their name and television presense as opposed to actual knowledge or insight.

i guess i gotta give them some credit for actually not being high when the cameras start rolling, although sometimes i wonder...

effyou515
09-26-2011, 02:58 AM
i call them the 3 stooges.

Fire Arians
09-26-2011, 03:05 AM
aaron smith was getting shoved backwards all game. he is done

effyou515
09-26-2011, 03:27 AM

time for Hayward to get more playing time. Ohio State uses a lot of Lebeau's defense and when Hayward is in the game he doesn't seem lost on the field.

hell the Steelers could get a better pass rush with Hood and Hayward.

:tt04:

jtbsteeler
09-26-2011, 03:37 AM

I agree 100% We didn't have this problem last season when Hood was starting. And Cam Heyward looked good on the plays that I saw him.

The film wont be kind to Aaron Smith this week.

solardave
09-26-2011, 04:18 AM
Like I said: Fat, stupid and it's over.

You missed one. Fat (Sapp) Stupid (Sanders) and Brain Dead (Irvin) from to much cocaine!!!!

solardave
09-26-2011, 04:21 AM
theyre probably in a fantasy football league that allows the drafting of individual defensive players. :hunch:

theres only a handfull of tv analysts who actually pay attention to and watch every game, as if its full time job.

for other mediots such as themselves, it is a part time, 8 hour a week gig, where they are paid for their name and television presense as opposed to actual knowledge or insight.

i guess i gotta give them some credit for actually not being high when the cameras start rolling, although sometimes i wonder...

I'm not sure Irvin has put down the spoon yet. Sapp and Sanders are doing a new designer drug called "Dumbass"!

Rick5895
09-26-2011, 06:07 AM
It is hard for me to agree with this as Aaron has been the epitome of Steelers football for so long, but you are right on the mark here. 2 out of 3 games he has been completely blown off the line of scrimmage. All those injuries and his age are starting to take a toll.

Time for Heyward and Ziggy to anchor our D Line.

TRH
09-26-2011, 06:20 AM
well...they are looking slow. So they're not wrong. Troy, Harrison, and Clark all looked good last night, but where was the rest of the LB's?
Why would anyone be surprised Irvin would say that? He's a notorious "Steelers-hater" and always has been and looks for opportunities to shoot this team down.

steelfury02
09-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Irving remind's me of Eddie Murphy playing the preacher character on Coming to America
"Yesssssssiiirrraaaah - the lordaaaah is gooodaaaah. Praise the looooordaaaaah - he makes me feeel so gooooodaaaah."

And Warren Sapp is well - just not explainable. He deserves the blue ribbon at the state fair if you know what I mean.

steeltheone
09-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Take off the homer glasses boys..Sapp is not far off

jjpro11
09-26-2011, 09:36 AM
we're not getting a complete effort from this defense. Smith, Farrior, Woodley, and every CB other than Ike are getting outplayed out there and haven't done squat.

first things first, Hood needs to be starting for Smith. at least he brings the ability to pass rush, even on 3 men rushes.. we also had a record run D last year with him starting, so he can stuff the run as well. not that it's his job to rush the QB, but Smith hasn't even been in the backfield all season and has been anything but disruptive to the run game.

they're spelling Farrior with Foote, i'd like to see Sylvester get some time.. but if he's too raw and not ready, not much you can do. we can't afford blown assignments over the middle.

Woodley's just gotta get his ****ing act together and play to that insane contract he received.

every CB on the team not named Ike Taylor is a liability... we're just going to have to deal with it.

jtbsteeler
09-26-2011, 09:58 AM
well...they are looking slow. So they're not wrong. Troy, Harrison, and Clark all looked good last night, but where was the rest of the LB's?
Why would anyone be surprised Irvin would say that? He's a notorious "Steelers-hater" and always has been and looks for opportunities to shoot this team down.

Irvin seemed to take up for Ben last season. He might feel a kindred spirit with the sultry elements of Ben's past. I guess it has to do with Ben being a "panty-pumper". Alledgedly of course.

cloppbeast
09-26-2011, 10:02 AM
they also cry along with mike vick for not getting late hit flags as if the man is holding a brotha down.

It seems as though the man is holding a brotha down, though.......

Seriously, at least 2 plays should have been flagged. At least.

Not saying it's racism or anything, because plenty of other QBs don't get the calls either; but it ain't fair.

Those clowns over at NFL Network are pretty stupid, though. I'll give you that.

LVSteelersfan
09-26-2011, 10:50 AM
I've never liked Vick personally. Watching him get creamed play after play makes my day. He does have a point that some of those hits should be flagged but he is not alone like he says he is. Only the high powered pocket passers get those calls. When you run around like Ben and VIck do and get hit the flags stay in the pockets.

OX1947
09-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Irving remind's me of Eddie Murphy playing the preacher character on Coming to America
"Yesssssssiiirrraaaah - the lordaaaah is gooodaaaah. Praise the looooordaaaaah - he makes me feeel so gooooodaaaah."

And Warren Sapp is well - just not explainable. He deserves the blue ribbon at the state fair if you know what I mean.

Those two clowns remind me of what hell might be like. I do not know what they do down there in Miami, but whenever these ****ers talk, they give me a splitting headache from not only the nonsense but the fact that I can't understand a freakin word they are saying.

gameface75
09-26-2011, 01:04 PM

Arsenio Hall played the preacher in Coming to America

sharkweek
09-26-2011, 01:06 PM
two divas and an oaf

BKAnthem
09-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Sapp was a Dominant D lineman and he played on a dominating D, so if he says a Dlineman or D-Line is playing like shit...then he's/it's playing like shit....

tony hipchest
09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Sapp was a Dominant D lineman and he played on a dominating D, so if he says a Dlineman or D-Line is playing like shit...then he's/it's playing like shit....ummmm, hello!

neither d. sanders or m. irvin played defensive line on a dominant line. they just so happened to borrow their buddy sapps cliff notes version on the state of the steelers and steal his 2 week old talking points, instead of actually doing some research and analyzing the game.

to no suprize they took the lazy way out in approaching their part time job.

hell, ziggy hood looked anything but old and slow, or as you would say "like shit".

i would expect you to agree with them. :applaudit:

OX1947
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Arsenio Hall played the preacher in Coming to America

Yah, Eddie on stage played, put yo hands togetha, for JACKSON HEIGHTS OWN, MR RANDY WATSon YAAAAH, RANDY WATson everyone......

BKAnthem
09-26-2011, 02:01 PM
ummmm, hello!

neither d. sanders or m. irvin played defensive line on a dominant line. they just so happened to borrow their buddy sapps cliff notes version on the state of the steelers and steal his 2 week old talking points, instead of actually doing some research and analyzing the game.

to no suprize they took the lazy way out in approaching their part time job.

hell, ziggy hood looked anything but old and slow, or as you would say "like shit".

i would expect you to agree with them. :applaudit:

Did i mention Irvin or Sanders Homer? there you go again taking shit you want to read and twisting to serve you Homeristic(yeah i made it up just for you) purposes....you're pathetic

mcg24
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM
You guys that agree with Sapp are right on. James Harrison and Troy Polamalu looked really slow on that sack fumble for a touchdown. I mean, maybe if they moved a little faster they would have scored 15 touchdowns rather than just 1. What an abysmal effort. This defense is awful!!!

truesteelerfan
09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Sanders and Irvin - 2 of my least favorite people to watch as players and now they continue to make me want to watch anybody but them- what idiots

BKAnthem
09-26-2011, 02:10 PM
You guys that agree with Sapp are right on. James Harrison and Troy Polamalu looked really slow on that sack fumble for a touchdown. I mean, maybe if they moved a little faster they would have scored 15 touchdowns rather than just 1. What an abysmal effort. This defense is awful!!!

All i'm saying is if Sapp says a D Lineman is playing like shit then i trust his judgement on that....i remember when he called Courtney brown a scrub..was he wrong? Troy and James i have no worries about...Smith needs to take a seat...the coaching staff seems to at times place loyalty above talent...yeah the youngster are gonna make mistakes..but they will learn from them...not by riding the bench

tony hipchest
09-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Did i mention Irvin or Sanders Homer? there you go again taking shit you want to read and twisting to serve you Homeristic(yeah i made it up just for you) purposes....you're pathetic this thread is about sanders and irvin's regurgitated take, you dumbass dipshit, not a repost of what sapp said 2 weeks ago. clean your screen and learn to read.

your posts are just as lazy as mike and deion's "analysis". you probably smoke crack as well.

BKAnthem
09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
this thread is about sanders and irvin's regurgitated take, you dumbass dipshit, not a repost of what sapp said 2 weeks ago. clean your screen and learn to read.

your posts are just as lazy as mike and deion's "analysis". you probably smoke crack as well.

AGAIN Homer..DID I MENTION IRVIN OR SANDERS?? I specifically said Sapp.

Fire Arians
09-26-2011, 02:28 PM
holy crap people can we all just get along:chuckle:

solardave
09-26-2011, 04:32 PM
It seems as though the man is holding a brotha down, though.......

Seriously, at least 2 plays should have been flagged. At least.

Not saying it's racism or anything, because plenty of other QBs don't get the calls either; but it ain't fair.

Those clowns over at NFL Network are pretty stupid, though. I'll give you that.

I don't think it's racism either. I think if you're a tough QB you're not going to get the calls,PERIOD!! The reason I say these morons are stupid and or brain dead is that while they are right about our LBs and DEs we have a solution but they're just looking at the negative. Otherwise they'd be asking the same question. What about Heyward and Hood? Why can't Sylvester get a shot. They all could have been in during the Seattle game. It's far from over!!! That's why I say they're idiots.

solardave
09-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Did i mention Irvin or Sanders Homer? there you go again taking shit you want to read and twisting to serve you Homeristic(yeah i made it up just for you) purposes....you're pathetic

Just because a man played on a dominant defensive doesn't make him smart, just gifted. He still an idiot, not an expert. Calling him smart is pathetic!!!

PhantomJB93
09-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Personally I don't think you can really disagree with them. Well I disagree with them about Hines because I think he's still fine but as far as defense goes, Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, James Farrior, James Harrison (before yesterday) have all looked old and slow.

Now, I think we have the personnel in place to overcome this problem easily, but it's a matter of whether or not Tomlin thinks they're ready...I can see not starting Worilds or Sylvester but Hood should definitely start over Smith now.

BKAnthem
09-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Just because a man played on a dominant defensive doesn't make him smart, just gifted. He still an idiot, not an expert. Calling him smart is pathetic!!!

Maybe, but he can still recognize good play and poor...especially if he was a very good or dominant player...Bradshaw wasn't ever mistaken for a rocket scientist but he knows good or poor QB play when he sees it....

WickedSteel
09-26-2011, 08:29 PM
I can't stand Sapp but he does have a point. The reason that the Steelers have been such a dominate run stopping team and have been able to pressure Qbs over the years has been a beastly D line allowing the LBs to come free and blast QBs.

Recently the D line has been faltering and the LBs have had a difficult time getting to Qbs. This is allowing Qbs more time in the pocket to pick apart the Steelers' porous secondary.

Didn't anyone notice that Indy was running the no huddle all night in an attempt to wear the aging D down? I agree that Smith is done. Great ride dude but time to hang them up.

DanRooney
09-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Personally I don't think you can really disagree with them. Well I disagree with them about Hines because I think he's still fine but as far as defense goes, Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, James Farrior, James Harrison (before yesterday) have all looked old and slow.

Now, I think we have the personnel in place to overcome this problem easily, but it's a matter of whether or not Tomlin thinks they're ready...I can see not starting Worilds or Sylvester but Hood should definitely start over Smith now.

Hines is off the hook because he had about a total of 6 yards in 50 minutes of play when he NEVER LEFT THE FIELD. But is run blocking ok. Oh wait :noidea:

MaidenIndiana
09-26-2011, 08:51 PM
While I don't necessarily agree with the Three Amigos, I attended last night's game and if the Colts would've had anything resembling an offense they would've won. Disagree if you want to but our D lookedlike SH*T last night, and our offense seemed to have taken the night off after the !st quarter.Even the Colts fans were expecting to get their heads handed to them. There's something wrong with the Steelers this year.:noidea:

DanRooney
09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
While I don't necessarily agree with the Three Amigos, I attended last night's game and if the Colts would've had anything resembling an offense they would've won. Disagree if you want to but our D lookedlike SH*T last night, and our offense seemed to have taken the night off after the !st quarter.Even the Colts fans were expecting to get their heads handed to them. There's something wrong with the Steelers this year.:noidea:

1. Ben hasn't played one of those great games since the regular season of last year.
2. The offensive line is just as bad as it was in 2008.
3. The defense is generating no pressure (Jason Woodley).
4. Socrates Mendenhall seems to be doing more tapdancing in the backfield
5. Smith has lost about 5 steps.

tony hipchest
09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
on one play hines wards blocking assignment was dwight freeney. it was an effective block as well. :hunch: e. sanders isnt ready to even take the reigns from antonio brown, let alone hines ward. steelers dont run hot routes because they only have 1 wr who knows when to break them off. good thing wallace is learning.

people keep saying teams are running no huddle as if its a sympton alone unto our steelers and a cause of them being "old and slow".

if they could see the forest beyond the trees they would realize it is a league wide trend that is caused by the lock out. real analysts (not these part time, bojangling, clowns on nfl network) predicted this during training camps, and lo and behold the 1st 2 weeks say the highest passing yardage totals EVER.

and for those still crying about our pourous secondary, we are 1st in the league in fewest passing yards allowed. what more do you ****ing want?

DanRooney
09-26-2011, 09:38 PM
on one play hines wards blocking assignment was dwight freeney. it was an effective block as well. :hunch: e. sanders isnt ready to even take the reigns from antonio brown, let alone hines ward. steelers dont run hot routes because they only have 1 wr who knows when to break them off. good thing wallace is learning.

people keep saying teams are running no huddle as if its a sympton alone unto our steelers and a cause of them being "old and slow".

if they could see the forest beyond the trees they would realize it is a league wide trend that is caused by the lock out. real analysts (not these part time, bojangling, clowns on nfl network) predicted this during training camps, and lo and behold the 1st 2 weeks say the highest passing yardage totals EVER.

and for those still crying about our pourous secondary, we are 1st in the league in fewest passing yards allowed. what more do you ****ing want?

The secondary has been fine this season but we haven't faced a good quarterback yet. Schaub will be the best QB we'll see until Tom Brady in week 8. In fact he'll be the only good quarterback other than Tom for the entire season (no offense, Flacco).

Woodley is starting to concern me. He hasn't done anything in 3 weeks now.

tanda10506
09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
1. Ben hasn't played one of those great games since the regular season of last year.
2. The offensive line is just as bad as it was in 2008.
3. The defense is generating no pressure (Jason Woodley).
4. Socrates Mendenhall seems to be doing more tapdancing in the backfield
5. Smith has lost about 5 steps.

Agree with all of those, and #2, the line, is even worse. We have good replacements for Mendenhall and Smith so I'm not to worried about that, as long as the coaches will step up and play Hood/Heyward for Smith. Woodley hasn't earned a dime of that contract yet, and although Harrison had a few good/great plays last night, he hasn't been a pass rush contributor much this year. They need to step it up, especially Woodley. It's making me nervous with Ben though, I know most of the recent problems have been from the line, most of his interceptions just left your jaw dropped and can't really be blamed on pressure, at least not on those particular plays. He ended well last night, hopefully he starts playing as good as he usually does.

The secondary has been fine this season but we haven't faced a good quarterback yet. Schaub will be the best QB we'll see until Tom Brady in week 8. In fact he'll be the only good quarterback other than Tom for the entire season (no offense, Flacco).

Woodley is starting to concern me. He hasn't done anything in 3 weeks now.

I agree. Collins/Painter and Tavaris Jackson are as easy as it gets in the NFL really, and Flacco can pass but he's nothing special. And against Flacco they didn't do well at all. Taylor has been a shutdown corner, Troy is back to playing well, and Gay is actually doing okay, but when McFadden's back he will go back to getting burnt and against a great QB Gay will look ridiculous. It's nice seeing we are number 1 in passing defense, and I have noticed a difference since last year in our coverage, but I don't feel comfortable playing against Schaub/Johnson, Brady, or even Flacco again. I could be proven wrong and if we get some pass rush while playing this good in the secondary we will be a great passing defense, I just don't "feel" it yet.

tony hipchest
09-26-2011, 10:05 PM

Woodley is starting to concern me. He hasn't done anything in 3 weeks now.well to be fair, it can be said that the good qb's have yet to face a good secondary as well. we can only play who is on our schedule and there are recent years where scrub qb's such as k. clemens and r. gronkowski were beating the same defensive backfield sans polamalu.

troy is the ultimate x-factor that makes the entire team better. i will not diminish the steelers only allowing 163 yds passing per game. thats about what we did in 08 with mcfadden, ike, and townsend at nickel. some people thought they were pretty bad then as well.

as for woodley, it seems he is no longer benefitting from the constant double team aaron smith used to command. once heyward can prove he commands the same attention, im sure he will promptly be inserted into the lineup.

as for flacco, at some point steelerfans are gonna have to admit he's a good qb. sure he can be rattled, but then again, so can ben, brady, and manning. as for the yards we gave up to him in game one, mcfadden has been removed as a starter. i dont think he will be getting that back if gay keeps on keeping on.

solardave
09-27-2011, 03:04 AM
Maybe, but he can still recognize good play and poor...especially if he was a very good or dominant player...Bradshaw wasn't ever mistaken for a rocket scientist but he knows good or poor QB play when he sees it....

OK I'll give you that but what I'm saying is if you are an EXPERT behave like one. Look beyond the old and slow to see Hood, Heyward , the new young talent waiting in the wings. He either can't see that or he is to ignorant to see it. I vote for ignorant.

SPUTZSTER
09-27-2011, 09:36 AM

I have to agree -stats don't lie. After three games, Smith has not been credited with a tackle - not even an assisted tackle - and he's the starter not some backup. We won't even talk about sacks. Ben has more tackles (two) than Smith. Note that Smith lines up at least a yard off the line of scrimmage and is always the last d-lineman off the snap. Granted, he is given a lot of two gap responsibilities (to protect the linebackers) but when he gets a 3-technique assignment (mostly on 3rd and long) he's no factor even with one on one blocking. He's paid to make plays but it's not getting done.

cloppbeast
09-27-2011, 12:51 PM

Teams play who is on the shedule, I get it. But I'm not impressed by ranking 1st in passing yards when we've played Tavaris Jackson, Kerry Collins, and Curtis Painter. I would expect them to be first in pass defense given their schedule.

tony hipchest
09-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Teams play who is on the shedule, I get it. But I'm not impressed by ranking 1st in passing yards when we've played Tavaris Jackson, Kerry Collins, and Curtis Painter. I would expect them to be first in pass defense given their schedule.

again, what more do you want? the league to schedule the patriots and all the "true tests" to start the season, so steelerfans can be impressed?

it is true that steelerfans are spoiled and have a sense of entitlement, not seen with most fans.

anyways the jets and the greatest secondary ever assembled have faced eli "cant keep tripping over his dick" manning, jason campbell, and jon kitna/choke romo.

most other people would expect THEM to be #1 in pass defense going by the way they trash ours.

but not you. the steelers are right where you thought they would be. :applaudit:

according to reports, nobody is supposed to be able to pass on nmamdi asomugha and asante samuel, either.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Notice how almost ALL of you homers only hate analysts that say something negative about the Steelers? Sorry they don't put them on a pedestal and say a bunch of bullshit that isn't true at all, they aren't that far off. At the end of the season I'm sure you'll come to the realization.

MasterOfPuppets
09-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Notice how almost ALL of you homers only hate analysts that say something negative about the Steelers? Sorry they don't put them on a pedestal and say a bunch of bullshit that isn't true at all, they aren't that far off. At the end of the season I'm sure you'll come to the realization.
of course you ratbird fans aren't like that at all. you guys just happily embrace the critics....:jerkit:

tanda10506
09-27-2011, 02:53 PM

I have reserved my comments about ALL commentators, this year and in the past, because they are paid to "stir the pot" wether its in favor of us or not. Bottom line is all 11 starters on defense started last year and in the SB. The SB was 7 months ago, a good amount of the players are still the same age as they were in the SB, its not age. Age doesnt make a difference that fast. So since thats what they are basing their conclusions on, they are wrong. Do the Steelers deserve some flogging by the media, yes, but not on that topic.

tony hipchest
09-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Notice how almost ALL of you homers only hate analysts that say something negative about the Steelers? Sorry they don't put them on a pedestal and say a bunch of bullshit that isn't true at all, they aren't that far off. At the end of the season I'm sure you'll come to the realization.ravenfans love lazy potheads, crackhead,s and players turned "analyst" who tried to off themselves, which isnt suprizing being that ravenfans can only undertand someone with the speaking and reading skills of ed reeds illiterate level. :chuckle:

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 04:27 PM
ravenfans love lazy potheads, crackhead,s and players turned "analyst" who tried to off themselves, which isnt suprizing being that ravenfans can only undertand someone with the speaking and reading skills of ed reeds illiterate level. :chuckle:

How are you a Moderator? You're seriously ****ing stupid and really bad at jokes.

:doh:

tony hipchest
09-27-2011, 04:40 PM
How are you a Moderator? You're seriously ****ing stupid and really bad at jokes.

:doh:im not a moderator. i just play one on TV.

of course youre gonna hang onto every word deionne, michael, and warren say, they all have long time grudges and axes to grind with the steelers and players who played for them. of course youre not gonna like hoge. he's an ex-steeler, therefore you immediately assume an automatic bias.

teh big difference is hoge actually does the research, and has the knowledge, and puts the time and effort into his job.

the others just wing it, part time, on past headlines and celebritydom.

theyre talking heads... not analysts, and fans who need to be told what to think gobble up their shit hook, line and sinker.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-27-2011, 04:54 PM
im not a moderator. i just play one on TV.

of course youre gonna hang onto every word deionne, michael, and warren say, they all have long time grudges and axes to grind with the steelers and players who played for them. of course youre not gonna like hoge. he's an ex-steeler, therefore you immediately assume an automatic bias.

teh big difference is hoge actually does the research, and has the knowledge, and puts the time and effort into his job.

the others just wing it, part time, on past headlines and celebritydom.

theyre talking heads... not analysts, and fans who need to be told what to think gobble up their shit hook, line and sinker.

FIRST OF ALL...

Where did I ever say I gave a shit what ANY analyst said? I don't. I am just wondering why you guys have an EXTREME hatred for any analyst that say something negative about the "GREAT" Steelers? They are stating their opinions whether right or wrong, hating them over their opinions is just childish and stupid.

tony hipchest
09-27-2011, 05:08 PM
FIRST OF ALL...

Where did I ever say I gave a shit what ANY analyst said? I don't. I am just wondering why you guys have an EXTREME hatred for any analyst that say something negative about the "GREAT" Steelers? They are stating their opinions whether right or wrong, hating them over their opinions is just childish and stupid.you think thats why people hate deione, irvin, and sapp? people hate them because they are bojangling, knee slapping assclowns.

rod woodson and merril hoge are (were) great on television, not because they are ex steelers, but because they know their shit, and never go out of their way to make an ass out of themselves for attention.

see chad johnson.

mark malone was damn good and pretty much sucked as a player. terry bradshaw is an icon. naturally people will overlook his gaffes and quirks because of celebritydom.
quick question- do you think tony siragusa is an absolutely fantastic sideline reporter? im almost certain you do.

but i will contend that lynn swann was 10X better before he went into politics and oj simpson was 10X better before he went to the ray lewis academy of slasher.

it has nothing to do with being an ex steeler.