PDA

View Full Version : Who do we sign for the oline this week?

ebsteelers
09-26-2011, 08:15 AM
flozzell?

starks?

any other opinions out there?

bring someone up from the practice squad

edit: dumper just called me and said we still should of signed plax, he can play lt, and catch 80 passes using the tackle-eligbile play

theplatypus
09-26-2011, 08:19 AM
flozzell?

starks?

edit: dumper just called me and said we still should of signed plax, he can play lt, and catch 80 passes using the tackle-eligbile play

Why would you give that dipshit your number?

ebsteelers
09-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Why would you give that dipshit your number?

it was a joke

i wouldnt know dumper from a fly on the wall

queeg
09-26-2011, 10:06 AM
flozzell?

starks?

You may observe our backs and tight ends are trying to save the loss of our qb....long grity season....this is what it is...

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Jon Kolb?

Maybe there was a reason Ben was chatting up Anthony Munoz before the game last night?

steelfury02
09-26-2011, 10:13 AM
A. Smith for O-line. A. Smith for O-line. 5 million dollars and getting pushed around on D-line equals job on Patchwork Assignment

effyou515
09-26-2011, 10:51 AM
2 TEs 3WRs and no RB this should fix the o-line.

Steelers can't run the ball so no need for a RB, o-line can't block so give them help with 2 TEs, and offense is going to throw the ball all the time so put 3 WRs in the game and sneak Miller out every now and then.

effyou515
09-26-2011, 10:59 AM
read some where Starks is close to becoming a Viking.

Daysnways
09-26-2011, 11:09 AM
last years MoPouncey?

FanSince72
09-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm usually free on Sundays.

Hell, I don't think I could do any worse.

ebsteelers
09-26-2011, 12:20 PM

lol... the other rumor i heard.

was ben is going to left tackle, and they are putting charlie batch in at qb

ebsteelers
09-26-2011, 12:21 PM
bring back tony hill, starks, adams

someones gotta be able to block right?

BKAnthem
09-26-2011, 01:20 PM
God this line sucks, ESPECIALLY in run blocking....I don't know how many times i can say it...Watch Some Homer come in to attack me in 5...4...3...2..

ebsteelers
09-26-2011, 01:30 PM
God this line sucks, ESPECIALLY in run blocking....I don't know how many times i can say it...Watch Some Homer come in to attack me in 5...4...3...2..

your a jaborni... best o line in football.. lmao..

sorry i had to

Fire Arians
09-26-2011, 01:33 PM
bring back tony hill, starks, adams

someones gotta be able to block right?

hills was signed by the broncos for 2 years, and starks is rumored to have signed with the vikings. flozell is the only option if we plan to re-sign anyone. though i wouldn't complain if flozell comes back to play some RT, and gilbert replaces scott at LT

BKAnthem
09-26-2011, 01:35 PM

your a jaborni... best o line in football.. lmao..

sorry i had to

:chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-26-2011, 02:31 PM
people are ignoring the obvious. we already signed jamon meredith 3 weeks ago. we only dress 7 OL so they will be pouncey, legursky, gilbert, meredith, essex, foster, and kemoeatu.

Rick5895
09-26-2011, 03:36 PM

The reason people attack you is your antagonistic style, always seem to be looking for an argument. And that style covers up some very valid points you make.

BKAnthem
09-26-2011, 03:51 PM
The reason people attack you is your antagonistic style, always seem to be looking for an argument. And that style covers up some very valid points you make.

you may be right...hmmm..time to re evaluate my approach...thanks bro seriously...my frustration is getting the best of me

DanRooney
09-26-2011, 03:51 PM
people are ignoring the obvious. we already signed jamon meredith 3 weeks ago. we only dress 7 OL so they will be pouncey, legursky, gilbert, meredith, essex, foster, and kemoeatu.

Yes but we're still likely to sign a tackle. I highly doubt they'll ever let Scott keep the starting job again. I bet he gets cut after he comes back from injury, however long that is.

Steelersfan87
09-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't say it's "likely" that they sign a tackle, but Meredith certainly is not an impediment. Should the team deem it necessary to sign a higher quality tackle to start, they would obviously release Meredith, whom they signed with no guaranteed money involved. Personally, I would rather have Starks back to play RT than Adams, but I somehow doubt that either happens, especially if Starks indeed signed with Minnesota, obviously.

tony hipchest
09-26-2011, 08:44 PM
vikings HC confirms starks visit, but says no signing is imminent. jim wexel says the steelers coaching staff dont even like starks and never really have. implies the FO stuck him with them with franchise tag when they were ready to move on.

teh thing with starks is he is soft and really only got by with his pure size and raw talent. never really loved the game or profession. just did it because he could and it paid well.

for those who remember, he pretty much had a care free and noncholant attitude when willie colon took the RT job away from him.

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2011, 08:54 PM
teh thing with starks is he is soft and really only got by with his pure size and raw talent. never really loved the game or profession. just did it because he could and it paid well.

I agree the coaches seemed eager to pull the trigger on Starks and your post summarizes why I doubt Adams or Starks would be the answer

Assuming they saved a small portion of their earnings they are set for life and neither probably worked out during the lockout to be close to game shape

Add to that Adams presumably has not lowered the price the Steelers did not want to pay in July

ETL
09-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Is it better to look at our past rejects or other teams rejects - because that's our only option for now.

tanda10506
09-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Is it better to look at our past rejects or other teams rejects - because that's our only option for now.

Adam's was a reject because he wanted to much though, not because of poor play. I don't know who else is out there right now, but in my opiinion Flozell is the only good option.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Flozell is the logical choice-- if only he weren't trying to break the bank. I would think he wants to get on the field and make some money, instead of sitting around grab-azz.

Gilbert looks okay at RT (any word on his injury?), FLozell was a dominant LT, makes sense to plug him in to that role again.

Losing Jonathan Scott was addition by subtraction.....(no, I am not celebrating somebody getting hurt, but he was a terrible idea-- putting your worst Olineman on your QB's blind side).

tanda10506
09-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Losing Jonathan Scott was addition by subtraction.....(no, I am not celebrating somebody getting hurt, but he was a terrible idea-- putting your worst Olineman on your QB's blind side).

I know, once I saw him stand up and that it wasn't a serious injury, I was happy to know he would be on the bench. That's what blows me away the most, he is by far the worst lineman on the team. If you have to play him, which you shouldn't, at least don't put him in place to let Ben's season/career get ended.

Steelersfan87
09-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Flozell is the logical choice-- if only he weren't trying to break the bank. I would think he wants to get on the field and make some money, instead of sitting around grab-azz.

Gilbert looks okay at RT (any word on his injury?), FLozell was a dominant LT, makes sense to plug him in to that role again.

Considering Flozell struggled late in his Cowboys career on the left side due to being deaf in his right ear, I don't think Adams will ever play LT again for anybody, even if somebody does ultimately sign him. If he comes back, he's playing RT with Gilbert at LT. Which is better in the long run, because that's where Gilbert will be next year with Colon returning to RT next year.

As far as Scott being the worst lineman...I agree, but his first name is Chris.

TRH
09-27-2011, 05:35 AM

Lol. I was going to say just sign anybody from any local high school football team.

ebsteelers
09-27-2011, 07:49 AM
lmao... i saw the white sox trade ozzie guillen

so i suggestion

we trade bruce arians for a lt, lol

any takers?

zsheik22
09-27-2011, 08:33 AM

Dallas cut him because he couldnt play Romo's blindside anymore.... It's the same problem we have. Thats probably why we changed him to RT and now what are we going to do with him?

MDSteel15
09-27-2011, 10:02 AM
How about brining in Jon Stinchcom!!! Move the rookie LT and see if we can run behind Stinch... :noidea:

Wallabeast17
09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
How about brining in Jon Stinchcom!!! Move the rookie LT and see if we can run behind Stinch... :noidea:

Probably the best option!

Fire Haley
09-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Not gonna happen

Everything is fine - Steelers have no plans to bring in outside OL help

Whatever answers the Steelers search for as they prepare to play the 2-1 Texans in Houston, they will do so from within.

Max Starks isn't returning to take over left tackle, a position he manned for the previous three seasons when healthy. Flozell Adams isn't coming back either, barring another major injury along the line, and money isn't a factor when it comes to going outside the organization.

And the situation up front will have to get a lot worse before the Steelers seriously consider going outside the organization to make it better.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_758855.html

tony hipchest
09-27-2011, 11:15 PM
just for shits and giggles , im gonna toss alan fanecas name in the ring. :chuckle: