PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Insider Bouchette On Injuries, Offensive Line

SteelCityMom
09-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Steelers’ Insider Bouchette On Injuries, Offensive Line
September 26, 2011 9:07 AM

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Steelers’ Insider for 93.7 The Fan, Ed Bouchette, joined the Fan Morning Show Monday to recap the Steelers’ 23-20 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.

The big story, again, was the offensive line. More injuries forced players out of, and back into the lineup, causing even more shuffling to take place. Many fans would like to see Max Starks receive a call from the Steelers, but Ed says, “that ship has sailed.”

For that, and everything Steelers, listen below:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/09/26/steelers-insider-bouchette-on-injuries-offensive-line/

ZoneBlitzer
09-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Why does the Steelers organization hate Max Starks? Was he that bad? I didn't think so...

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Starks ate his way out of the league

Tomlin was furious when Hampton came in to camp at around 400 pounds several years ago and Hampton is a lot better at his position better than Starks ever was

steelfury02
09-26-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm actually more angry at Flozell for supposedly wanting a ridiculous amount. We gave him a shot when no on else would/is and outside of getting a job at Green Bay last season, gave him the closest sniff of a Lombardi.

Dude needs to meet FO in the middle a little . . .

BossAus
09-26-2011, 10:41 AM
It kinda pisses me off that since Scott is "Kugler's guy" he starts on the most crucial part of the line and the Steelers don't second guess it. I know they say that the FO knows more, and generally they do, but this guy is garbage. He has no business starting on even the worst team in the NFL. Putting a banana peel next to Kemo last night would have done more to slow Freeney down.

ZoneBlitzer
09-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Starks ate his way out of the league

Tomlin was furious when Hampton came in to camp at around 400 pounds several years ago and Hampton is a lot better at his position better than Starks ever was

Damn. I didn't realize that he ate his way out of the league. They should've used Hines' TV connections to get him on the Biggest Loser.

tanda10506
09-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Starks played okay, he wasn't that bad, but we need somebody good. Flozell is actually pretty good, he was last year at least. I don't recall seeing him get burnt one on one at all last year. He probably looked worse then anybody thought too because the line as a whole was pretty bad. I don't know the seriousness of Scott's injury but I know he doesn't belong starting on any team, but his treacherous play is magnified because we have him at the most important spot on our line. Even if we are foolish enough to start Scott again, it should at least be at RT and get Gilbert in at LT, doesn't take much to switch from right to left, there's no excuse for having him on the left, he's to awful. At least if he's on the right Ben can see the guy run right around him, or in last night's case see him get spun around like a top and shoved in the back to the ground.

ETL
09-26-2011, 09:22 PM
beggars cant be choosers.... (are we beggars yet?)