PDA

View Full Version : Hello Steeler Fans

drs23
09-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Texan fan here.

Looking forward to the game coming up on Sunday. Coming off a tough loss and then hosting you guys to enter into a really difficult part of our schedule. The house will be rocking as you guys are always well represented at Reliant.

My buddy Tom, die hard Steeler fan, is trying to get us tickets but they're upselling for face X 4! Looks like a 52" flatsceen kinda day for us but would love to be there.

Looking forward to a GREAT game and hope both teams come out clean. :hatsoff:

Fire Arians
09-27-2011, 04:23 PM
hey welcome. I'm looking forward to the game, because I feel your Texans team is a really good one, and this will be a gauge to show where we really stand in the AFC.

Can't say I'm too optimistic on a win, but I hope we at least make a game out of it and show some sort of improvements since the beginning of the season

StainlessStill
09-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Houston has a heck of a team. It's time for them to own the South and is a team we could possibly see in the foreseeable future.

With that said, the Steelers are nowhere looking like the Steelers and the Texans have the aerial assault that makes Steelers fans quiver. Don't let the points of the Saints comeback fool you. Houston has a heck of a defense and are very physical as well, something this Steelers offensive line can't handle at the moment and show no signs OF handeling the pressure.

I think we drop this one convincingly. Hope I'm wrong.

Oh yah, welcome Texans fan:hatsoff::tt02:

tony hipchest
09-27-2011, 04:51 PM
i imagine the stadium sunday will have as close to a playoff atmosphere since the oilers were there. im also guessing many old school fans there are hold overs who remember some great houston-steeler rivalry games of the 70's.

i say it will be the texans most important game to date in their young history.

drs23
09-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

We're looking at this as a 'yardstick' game as well, just like last week's game in NO which had a really dreadful 12 minute stretch.

I know you guys took a hit on the O-line Sunday night which I'm sure Wade will try to exploit but how many guys does it take to get Big Ben on the ground? He's one of the best at extending the play and our defense is just 3 games into 'live bullets' and I feel have some more growing and gelling to do before we see what they're really capable of.

I think it's going to be a good test for both squads. Wish I could be there!

drs23
09-27-2011, 05:04 PM
i imagine the stadium sunday will have as close to a playoff atmosphere since the oilers were there. im also guessing many old school fans there are hold overs who remember some great houston-steeler rivalry games of the 70's.i say it will be the texans most important game to date in their young history.

Heh, heh, funny you should mention that. I'm one of those old farts. I can honestly say I'm almost over it. Yes they were some of the best 'real' football games I've ever watched. I'm *almost* over getting reamed out of Mike Renfro's touchdown that would have sent us to the Show.:crying02: Yes, that was some great football.

I almost mentioned this on my prior post but thought it premature. Thanks for bringing it into the conversation.

steelfury02
09-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Welcome Texans fan! I look forward to one heck of a match up this Sunday. Good luck to you (just not too much). I'll be interested to see how Schaub does against our D.

solardave
09-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Welcome. Always like to see true fans with class come on here. That being said I'd love to see this become a rivalry like the old Oilers/Steelers matchups. I'd like to toss out the Ratbirds and bring you guys back in. Good luck next Sunday (the one after this one):tt:

SoCalFan
09-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Welcome! The only way we get out of this one alive is t ditch our previous offensive gameplan!With our patchwork O-line, We ARE NOT running the ball well on you guys and Ben WILL NOT sit back and pick you guys apart! Im thinking something like the Cowgirls did against the Skins to protect Romo,a bunch of quick slants and short sideline passes,some screens?Something,I dont know???This one worries me! The positive for us is the D is starting to gel a bit!

tanda10506
09-27-2011, 05:58 PM
I am worried about this game too, but we are not going to get blown out. I think we have a chance to win every game. Hopefully the defense comes out with heart, troy and james play good again, and we can get some pressure. I cant believe we havent signed Flozell yet, if we go into houston with this o line we have very little chance to win. I already like Texans fans more then sh*tbird fans

drs23
09-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Welcome Texans fan! I look forward to one heck of a match up this Sunday. Good luck to you (just not too much). I'll be interested to see how Schaub does against our D.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to that as well. Matt, as a rule, does really well. He's accurate, plays smart and gets the ball where it needs to be (most of the time). He does though have what we refer to as "Shaub's shitty throw of the day"(TM). Ya just never know *when* it's coming, just that it *is* coming. Very frustrating, especially the Pick 6s.

I am worried about this game too, but we are not going to get blown out. I think we have a chance to win every game. Hopefully the defense comes out with heart, troy and james play good again, and we can get some pressure. I cant believe we havent signed Flozell yet, if we go into houston with this o line we have very little chance to win. I already like Texans fans more then sh*tbird fans

I'm kinda surprised about that as well. I figured I'd look at 'transactions' and find it by Monday afternoon. Flozell isn't really non-serviceable at all, as long as you can over look the occasional hold and his patented false starts.:wink02:

Fire Arians
09-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks. I'm looking forward to that as well. Matt, as a rule, does really well. He's accurate, plays smart and gets the ball where it needs to be (most of the time). He does though have what we refer to as "Shaub's shitty throw of the day"(TM). Ya just never know *when* it's coming, just that it *is* coming. Very frustrating, especially the Pick 6s.

Have to say that sounds a lot like Roethlisberger. Love the guy and think he's a great Steelers QB, but you can always bet even if he has a good game, he will throw a pick. Rarely ever happens that he leaves the game without some bone headed interception.

davidtrout
09-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Heh, heh, funny you should mention that. I'm one of those old farts. I can honestly say I'm almost over it. Yes they were some of the best 'real' football games I've ever watched. I'm *almost* over getting reamed out of Mike Renfro's ALLEGED touchdown that would have sent us to the Show.:crying02: Yes, that was some great football.

I almost mentioned this on my prior post but thought it premature. Thanks for bringing it into the conversation.

There. Fixed! :wink02:

Good luck this weekend. I'm hoping we overcome our Oline woes because I think it's going to take 30 points to beat your boys. Should come down to turnovers as most games do. That shouldn't set any minds around here at ease. Nice to see the Texans sitting atop that division, been a long time comin'.

drs23
09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
:celebrate WOOT! WOOT! My buddy Tom, the Steeler fan just called! He scored tickets at work for the game!:yeehaw:

Damn, gotta sit by a Steeler fan the whole damn game and he's bringing his stinkin' :tt04:. Bet it don't get through security.:wink02:

Can't wait till Sunday. Fantastic tailgaiting and a great football game.:banana:

BengalDestroyer
09-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Welcome Texan, I to am looking forward to this game. It's going to be a good test for the black and yellow. And if we don't comment again good luck with making this the first Houston Texan playoff berth...(poorly worded but you know what I mean!!) and congrats on the tix score

solardave
09-28-2011, 05:34 AM
:celebrate WOOT! WOOT! My buddy Tom, the Steeler fan just called! He scored tickets at work for the game!:yeehaw:

Damn, gotta sit by a Steeler fan the whole damn game and he's bringing his stinkin' :tt04:. Bet it don't get through security.:wink02:

Can't wait till Sunday. Fantastic tailgaiting and a great football game.:banana:

You might be right about the Towel. He might be mistaken for a terrorist.:wink02:

It should be an exciting game I'm looking forward to watching it.

steelfury02
09-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Congrats on scoring tickets. Just a question being a big foodie - if I were visiting Reliant Stadium or Houston what would be the thing to eat?

If you ever get a chance to visit Heinz Field or Pittsburgh in general (can't remember if you said you visited before or not) I'm sure your friend might have mentioned the mighty Primanti Bros. sandwich.

Also - just curious - can you give me a perspective of any possible rivalry or hatred between Cowboy fans and Texans fans? Have always been curious if there is anything there.

drs23
09-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Congrats on scoring tickets. Just a question being a big foodie - if I were visiting Reliant Stadium or Houston what would be the thing to eat?

Regarding food, the choices are endless. Being so close to the Gulf, fresh seafood is abundant and prepared in a variety of ways. One of my favorite places is Pappadeaux's which is Cajun seafood which has the usual cajun flair - hot-n-spicy! Blackend is my choice usually. BBQ is great as well.

If you ever get a chance to visit Heinz Field or Pittsburgh in general (can't remember if you said you visited before or not) I'm sure your friend might have mentioned the mighty Primanti Bros. sandwich.

Haven't made it yet to Heinz yet but would sure like to.

Also - just curious - can you give me a perspective of any possible rivalry or hatred between Cowboy fans and Texans fans? Have always been curious if there is anything there.

Can't say that there's really a 'rivalry' since we only play each other every 4 years but then one might be hard pressed to believe that when the Cowgirl fans come to town. Houston is a transient city and when we host Dallas there seem to be as many of their fans there as there are Texans fans. Same with you guys and of course when the Tits come to town they're very well represented as well. Back to the Cowpies. There were so many walk ins to the tailgaiting section (which resulted in a bunch of fights) last year the Reliant staff actually change the tailgaiting rules. Now one has to purchase a $10 pass or have a game ticket to get in.

Hope I was able to aswer your questions adaquately.

GO TEXANS!

R="blue"][/COLOR]

TackHammer
09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Sup Y'all !
Another Texan fan here. Looken forward to next Sunday !!! This should be a good one!!
Hopefully no more injuries,you guys got more then your fair share last week.

TackHammer
09-28-2011, 01:13 PM

Fury
If your a foodie Texas is a great place to be. You have BBQ,Cajun,Creole,TexMex,Mexican and of course great seafood. Biggest problem is getting fat. But as hot as it gets here you sweat a lot of it out.

As far as the the DullAss Cowgirls go.......Hate em !!!! Americas team my As# !!!!!
No rivalry though,dont play them enough for that to happen.

I sure miss the old days of the Oilers Steelers rivalry though. That was some Damn good football.

StillSpotz
09-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Steeler fan from Big D here. I'm heading down to Houston on Saturday for the game (Got Suite tickets on the 45-yd line from work, but have to take a client). I agree that there is not much of a rivalry between the two Texas teams, but I know for sure that Steeler Nation is loud and proud in both cities.

Dallas 2004 - Reports were stating that the stadium was about 50% Steelers fans, but my guess would be closer to 40%. However, Dallas fans do not start tailgating for a 3pm game at 8am like we do. My buddy and his wife (Cowboy fans) were so pissed off all day because the entire parking lot was Steelers fans up until about 1:00. Then we pulled out the win at the end of the game and they got even more pissed at having to hear Steelers chants all the way back to our car.

Houston - 2005 - Game was over early as Big Ben led the Steelers to points on his first 4 drives of the game. My first time at Reliant Stadium and the place is huge. There weren't as many Steelers fans at this game, but I would still put it at about 35%. The tailgating was great and the Houston fans were very hospitable.

This is the first time I'm going to a game not 100% confident in a victory, mainly due to our OL issues, but it's the NFL and as long as Big Ben is in the game, we have a shot!!

Good Luck.....

steelfury02
09-28-2011, 09:12 PM
awesome! Thanks for the DL on the food - I've had the privilege of eating some good BBQ and Mexican food in/around San Antonio

@ Steelers fan - represent Steeler Nation man! You're right - with Ben behind center we always have a chance - hope we get some protection quick enough to make sure Batch/Dixon stay on the sideline.

stb_steeler
09-28-2011, 09:49 PM

Lucky Dawg........Leave it to a Steeler fan to find the home team fan a tix....lol
This game should tell us Steeler fans if were moving in the right direction!

caplovestroyp43
09-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Hello drs 23. How are you? This game worries me. I used to really enjoy watching the Oilers. Tony Zendajaus was one of my all-time favorite kickers. Then who could forget Earl Campbell or Bum Phillips? OMG Phillips was a trip! I love watching him on NFL films. And reading various quotes that he said. I think this one is a favorite:

"Hey can I tell you? That's two holding calls on one team in a quarter and a half...that ain't funny." :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Good ol Bum. He was a great guy.

Anyway, back to the present, I look for this to be a hard fought game. Not a cakewalk by any means on either side. We'll see.

May the best team win. :drink: which I hope will be mine! :tt02:

Moose
09-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Welcome aboard drs23 !! And congrats on the tickets !! I'm not going to wish your team luck though, at least not this weekend. LOL. As I'm sure you know how banged up our team is, and the ones that aren't banged up can't play worth a crap right now !! LOL. Hopefully the Black/Yellow will finally have a break-out game this weekend. This weekend will be a big test for them and will pretty well paint a picture of how this team's capabilities are. Again, welcome aboard, have a great time at the game, and good luck 'next ' week. :)

BGSU A Dub
09-29-2011, 02:29 AM
This game will be a dogfight until the end.

Congrats on scoring tickets, I'm sure you'll see a lot of black and yellow around in the stadium :tt04:

drs23
09-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Hello drs 23. How are you? This game worries me. I used to really enjoy watching the Oilers. Tony Zendajaus was one of my all-time favorite kickers. Then who could forget Earl Campbell or Bum Phillips? OMG Phillips was a trip! I love watching him on NFL films. And reading various quotes that he said. I think this one is a favorite:

"Hey can I tell you? That's two holding calls on one team in a quarter and a half...that ain't funny." :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Good ol Bum. He was a great guy.
Anyway, back to the present, I look for this to be a hard fought game. Not a cakewalk by any means on either side. We'll see.

May the best team win. :drink: which I hope will be mine! :tt02:

Yeah, I loved the 'Bumisms' too. Once a reporter said something about Earl getting up so slow and Bum told him something like "Yeah, and he goes down real slow too!"

Bum still gets some airtime, more since the Wade hiring, and still has that sharp, dry wit.

I'm hoping the best team wins too. Of coarse that'd be the home team!:sofunny:

Go Texans!

drs23
09-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Welcome aboard drs23 !! And congrats on the tickets !! I'm not going to wish your team luck though, at least not this weekend. LOL. As I'm sure you know how banged up our team is, and the ones that aren't banged up can't play worth a crap right now !! LOL. Hopefully the Black/Yellow will finally have a break-out game this weekend. This weekend will be a big test for them and will pretty well paint a picture of how this team's capabilities are. Again, welcome aboard, have a great time at the game, and good luck 'next ' week. :)

Thanks much.

This game will be a dogfight until the end.

Congrats on scoring tickets, I'm sure you'll see a lot of black and yellow around in the stadium :tt04:

There's no doubt about that. I attended the game back in '05 and I think there were as many Steeler fans as Texan fans there. I was a little surprised then but won't be Sunday. Heck, as stated earlier, I'm going with a Die Hard Yellow-n-Gold guy. He's been coming by my shop every day on the way home to hard time me.

Guess we'll see come Sunday. :drink:

Go Texans!

drs23
10-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Good morning Steeler fans. Really enjoyed the game yesterday. Gotta say the fans that made the trip represented your team/city in a very classy manner. Shook many Black-n-Gold hands and have to say all were very well mannered before and after the game. Even got to break bread with some folks tailgating close to where we parked. Again very classy fans.

Like was discussed ad infinim last week if you guys can do something about that line it will go a long way to get you where you need to be.

Good luck guys through the rest of the season. Unless of course our paths cross agian ;^)

Drizztbob
10-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Good morning Steeler fans. Really enjoyed the game yesterday. Gotta say the fans that made the trip represented your team/city in a very classy manner. Shook many Black-n-Gold hands and have to say all were very well mannered before and after the game. Even got to break bread with some folks tailgating close to where we parked. Again very classy fans.

Like was discussed ad infinim last week if you guys can do something about that line it will go a long way to get you where you need to be.

Good luck guys through the rest of the season. Unless of course our paths cross agian ;^)

Thanks for stopping in and the kind words. It's good to see fans of opposing teams being just that, fans.

We should be thanking your team though, as the penalties on them, were the only thing that kept us close! It should have been a lot worse than that. Good luck the rest of the season!

drs23
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks for stopping in and the kind words. It's good to see fans of opposing teams being just that, fans.

We should be thanking your team though, as the penalties on them, were the only thing that kept us close! It should have been a lot worse than that. Good luck the rest of the season!

Thanks much.