PDA

View Full Version : Townsend guiding younger players.....

DIESELMAN
06-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Teresa Varley, of Steelers.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers CB Deshea Townsend has taken on a leadership role with the team as he enters his ninth season in the NFL. He is always willing to help out and give tips to the younger players, including CB Bryant McFadden, who is right behind him on the team's depth chart. Regarding McFadden, Townsend said, "He is coming along well. He is a student of the game. He understands the ins and outs. He comes out here and is consistent. That is the important thing for all of us." However, he remains competitive even though he is willing to lend a helpful hand. He doesn't mind helping his teammates, but is not ready to step aside and let someone else take his job as starting right cornerback. "There will be none of that. I will come here and work. It's my job to come here and work. It's the coach's decision to put players on the field," said Townsend.

Ohio Steeler
06-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Teresa Varley, of Steelers.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers CB Deshea Townsend has taken on a leadership role with the team as he enters his ninth season in the NFL. He is always willing to help out and give tips to the younger players, including CB Bryant McFadden, who is right behind him on the team's depth chart. Regarding McFadden, Townsend said, "He is coming along well. He is a student of the game. He understands the ins and outs. He comes out here and is consistent. That is the important thing for all of us." However, he remains competitive even though he is willing to lend a helpful hand. He doesn't mind helping his teammates, but is not ready to step aside and let someone else take his job as starting right cornerback. "There will be none of that. I will come here and work. It's my job to come here and work. It's the coach's decision to put players on the field," said Townsend.

way to step up Deshea