PDA

View Full Version : Foster expected at "Full speed"

steelfury02
09-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Just thought I'd put this on here from Jamison Hensley's AFC North Blog (who so far is much better than the last guy IMHO)

"STEELERS: Houston running back Arian Foster, last year's rushing champion, is expected to play against Pittsburgh. He has missed two of the first three games with a hamstring injury. "We’re expecting Arian out there full-speed, ready to go," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said on his radio show, via HoustonTexans.com. Hensley's slant: The Steelers can't allow the same lanes they gave the Colts' Joseph Addai (86 yards on 17 carries). That means a stronger game from Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

Initial thoughts from anyone? We can't let this guy get into a rhythm. We've already been run over by Rice and tested by Addai in the critical moments of the 4th quarter. I think if we can approach Foster and Schaub the same way we approached Johnson and Young last year we should be ok. Force Schaub to go through the air all game along and we get the W. If we are getting pounded on by 23 - going to be a long day.

tony hipchest
09-28-2011, 10:49 AM
houston- infamous cut block/chop block team. expect to see casey hampton ripped by the fans for being on his ass another week.

im actually more concerned about our NT's health than QB. if i had to put money on who suffered a season ending injury 1st, it would be casey.

MDSteel15
09-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Kubiac is from the school of "Cheat to Win" Shannahan so yeah, look for the chop blocks!

Steel4ever95
09-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Could be some rust on Foster after sitting for a bit, that could help. Tate has looked pretty good so far this year, he could be a problem as well.

BKAnthem
09-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Hampton IMO plays the chop block better than any DL i've ever seen. It may slow him but he's never totally taken out of a play because of it.

tburhans
09-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Time for the real steelers d to show up and stuff the run game like they always have. That means d line has to play better. Hood should definitely start and timmons and woodkey its time to earn your paycheck. Look for an improved defense this week. Im sure they have reviewed film and seen there mistakes and hopefully tomlin has ripped into these guys and lit a fire under them. Also noticed lebeau showing some emotion ladt week near the end of the game. Nice to see somebody show some energy and emotion. Sad that its the oldest guy on the staff showing the most emotion. Now its time to get fired up! The #1 seed in the afc is a wide open race so pitt needs to rack up the wins and look like a solid unit once again. Lets go steelers

TackHammer
09-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Kubiac is from the school of "Cheat to Win" Shannahan so yeah, look for the chop blocks!

Big difference between chop and cut blocks. One being legal,the other not so much.
The Saints cried about it themselves....until we posted a several vids of them doing the same thing.
Not sure if you guys use it or not,but a lot of teams in the NFL do. We just do it best.

tanda10506
09-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Big difference between chop and cut blocks. One being legal,the other not so much.
The Saints cried about it themselves....until we posted a several vids of them doing the same thing.
Not sure if you guys use it or not,but a lot of teams in the NFL do. We just do it best.

Regardless of who does it, even if we do it, its chicken sh#t at best. If the NFL is going to ignore it until someone gets their career ended then whatever, players should stop on their own and play with dignity. As far as Foster goes, we can either play Steeler D and stop the run like we are used to, or we can play like we have against the run and Foster will go 150+. Rice and Addai are not really in Foster's league IMO. I think Hood should get the start.

Fire Arians
09-28-2011, 01:49 PM
foster is a beast

TackHammer
09-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Regardless of who does it, even if we do it, its chicken sh#t at best. If the NFL is going to ignore it until someone gets their career ended then whatever, players should stop on their own and play with dignity. As far as Foster goes, we can either play Steeler D and stop the run like we are used to, or we can play like we have against the run and Foster will go 150+. Rice and Addai are not really in Foster's league IMO. I think Hood should get the start.

In defense of cut blocking....It's been used in the NFL for a loooong time. And you dont hear about it ending anyones career. On top of that ,if your coached properly it;s easily defeated. If you watch on Sunday the Texans will stop using it if you guys defend it the right way.

steeltheone
09-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Foster's hammy says different

WickedSteel
09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
So what if they stop Foster? Houston will be throwing it all day long and if the secondary can't cover anyone, they will be lighting up the scoreboard all game long.

More importantly, they need to get to Schaub and not let him find open receivers. The way Woodely, Timmons and Harrison have been playing, I highly doubt they spend much time in the backfield.

tanda10506
09-28-2011, 04:59 PM
So what if they stop Foster? Houston will be throwing it all day long and if the secondary can't cover anyone, they will be lighting up the scoreboard all game long.

More importantly, they need to get to Schaub and not let him find open receivers. The way Woodely, Timmons and Harrison have been playing, I highly doubt they spend much time in the backfield.

The secondary, in my opinion, has been playing much better. Taylor has been shutting down really good receivers, he will play Johnson well, and Gay has been playing ok. We need to get Hood in for Smith. Harrison is getting back to where he was and Keisel will be back (I think), so that will help with the rush. We have been dropping Harrison in coverage a lot and Woodley more then normal also, we need to blitz them more and have Polamalu do his blitzes like he did against Indy, we can get pressure on these guys. The way we have looked against the run, I am actually more worried about it then the pass.

btaylor179
09-28-2011, 05:58 PM
yea hood should be starting/get some youth on that d somehow someway!!!!!

steeltheone
09-29-2011, 05:32 AM

Sad, but true. Lets hope things come togather this week!

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 06:04 PM
More like full-old-and-slow-and-gutless-Steelers D-smashing-speed