PDA

View Full Version : Great new Federal tax ideas

Hammer67
06-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Check out this site: http://www.fairtax.org/

It's bipartisain. They are promoting the idea of replacing the outdated Income tax which promotes division by class with a national consumption or sales tax. Some interesting ideas. Check out the main FAQ...no stone is left unturned in the research. I have jumped on board.

We need a change. Otherwise there will be no more government benefits like Social Security down the road.

Suitanim
06-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Cool...I'll check this out later, but a flat tax is a very viable solution.

Hammer67
06-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I like it, except I'd have food and medicine be nontaxable instead of reimburseable. That would be a lot cheaper to administrate.

Plus, it wouldn't abolish the IRS--retailers would still have to deal with either them or the same agency by a different name.

But still a great idea overall.

Yes, another entity would be needed but I think the idea would be to eliminate the IRS (I.e. government bureaucracy) for the general public. I believe there are more individuals filing and then just businesses. Plus, businesses have to file already anyway.

I am just tired of all the political rhetoric that goes on without any action. Yes, I know people on the left hate Bush and people on the far right hate secular liberals but, come on!
I want answers, not "You suck! But I don't know why! You just suck!"