PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Beat Writer: Texans Will Win

Deserei90
09-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Ed Bouchette, the Steelers beat writer, gives his thoughts on the Texans game and why Pittsburgh has struggled so far this season.

http://t.co/vXTphZ7C

Fire Arians
09-28-2011, 05:29 PM
we have played like hell on the road, and the texans are just coming off a disappointing loss. I have us dropping this one also most likely. I do hope I'm wrong though.

Atlanta Dan
09-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Bouchette had Houston chalked up as a loss at the start of the season when he had the Steelers going 14-2.

If you assume Houston is a playoff team this year, which I do, this looks grim - other than Baltimore I cannot recall a team that made the playoffs that season against which the Steelers have won on the road since 2005 (Sup[er Bowls do not count since neither team was at home)

btaylor179
09-28-2011, 05:53 PM
yea our o line is gonna get ben hurt soon , i see it coming.....hope im wrong but in the colts game they were getting pushed right into ben....CRAZY.....andre will eat us up

FanSince72
09-28-2011, 08:13 PM
To hell with Bouchette, I'm going with a "W" for us.

There's a lot of pride at stake right now and I can't see us getting waxed on the line like last week.
I say we'll step it up and give Ben the time he needs and if we do, it's all over but the cryin' for Houston.

Goldsteel86
09-28-2011, 08:16 PM
I could see how Ed could feel like this, however I feel it depends on what Steeler team shows up. I really have a feeling this defense will get better week to week, I also believe that the Steelers no matter how ugly find a way to win. Something in my gut tells me we will see a different offense than we saw last week. The Texans are a decent team, however, I think the Steelers will play sound football on both sides of the ball.

Fire Arians
09-28-2011, 08:26 PM
tomlin has a bad track record in away games, under .500 against non-divisional opponents. If this game were a home game I'd be more confident

ricardisimo
09-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Bouchette has a pretty good track record with these types of things. I wouldn't advise laying money on the Steelers.

Steelerfreak58
09-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Would hate to see a loss but I am expecting one this week. Doesn't change the fact that I don't want to see it. Some folks just are realists.

If we some how some way squeek into the playoffs this year I will be happy but I seriously doubt it. It is only a matter of time until BB takes a huge shot from some 6'4" 260lb beast DE or LB and something goes snap. Mr. Scott is not a starting LT in the NFL sorry he just isn't Gilbert while holding his own is going to be out thought and beat but he is a rookie it happens. Put those together and you have an injured BB at some point this season.

steelfury02
09-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Ben has dodged some bullets for a while now - at this rate it is only a matter of when sadly . . .

I don't want to see anything happen to him that is career threatening. (I have my selfish reasons) But - it would be a shame to see them squander him. I think if he didn't have a history of off-the-field issues he might have been more openly irritated about the line situation.

tanda10506
09-28-2011, 09:39 PM
When Ben had at least a small amount of time, like in the first quarter of the Colts game, this offense can put up record type numbers. We could be a team not only known for defense but known for scoring. Unfortunately this line, the worst of then being Scott, can't give him even 2 seconds, which almost makes us one of the worst offenses, at least the most inconsistent. Our defense will come around, weather they step up one game and have a huge game, or they progress game by game, they will be like they always are by November. The offense seems like it could be the #1 NFL passing offense, or the #29 or #30 passing offense, all depending on the line. Our defense will always do enough to win if we don't turn it over 2 or 3 or 4 times, so it's up to the line and Ben. Either the line at least gives him a 2 or 3 second window, Ben steps up and doesn't make mistakes, and we win by 10 or the O line continues looking like the worst Steelers line in history and we lose.

WickedSteel
09-28-2011, 09:42 PM
I had this chalked up as a loss as well. This defense has a history of not being able to stop the high powered, throw it all over the field offense like the Texans.

With the problems at O line, the Steelers offense will continue to struggle and not be able to put enough points on the board to out shoot teams like this. You better be able to score 30+ points to beat teams like this and so far the offense has shown nothing of the sort.

The defense will have problems against both the run and the pass. They allowed Joseph freaking Addai to gash them all night on Sunday and Foster and Tate will rumble all over them. Ike will likely be on Johnson but AJ can beat the best of them. They will also have problems with Jones, Walter and Daniels as well. The ONLY chance they have to stop them is to get to Shaub. So far there has been little production from their high paid LB corps. Woodley is MIA and Harrison looks like his back surgeries have slowed him down.

I figured that Houston and New England would be losses with a few more stinkers thrown in there for good measure. After the start this season, I can easily see 9-7 or even 8-8. That secondary will allow big pass plays and the porous O line won't be able to give Ben enough protection to make enough plays to win.

Atlanta Dan
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Ed Bouchette, the Steelers beat writer, gives his thoughts on the Texans game and why Pittsburgh has struggled so far this season.

http://t.co/vXTphZ7C

Bouchette: "I think Houston gonna win this game and it might be bigger than the bookies think."

http://twitter.com/#!/BenNance610/status/119147835668168705

tanda10506
09-28-2011, 11:36 PM
I had this chalked up as a loss as well. This defense has a history of not being able to stop the high powered, throw it all over the field offense like the Texans.

With the problems at O line, the Steelers offense will continue to struggle and not be able to put enough points on the board to out shoot teams like this. You better be able to score 30+ points to beat teams like this and so far the offense has shown nothing of the sort.

The defense will have problems against both the run and the pass. They allowed Joseph freaking Addai to gash them all night on Sunday and Foster and Tate will rumble all over them. Ike will likely be on Johnson but AJ can beat the best of them. They will also have problems with Jones, Walter and Daniels as well. The ONLY chance they have to stop them is to get to Shaub. So far there has been little production from their high paid LB corps. Woodley is MIA and Harrison looks like his back surgeries have slowed him down.

I figured that Houston and New England would be losses with a few more stinkers thrown in there for good measure. After the start this season, I can easily see 9-7 or even 8-8. That secondary will allow big pass plays and the porous O line won't be able to give Ben enough protection to make enough plays to win.

Houston is a good passing team but they are not the Patriots or Packers. They are #16 in the league. We are #6 and our passing game isn't that good yet. We can handle their passing, they are a good team but they aren't going to just throw all over us and blow us out.

BGSU A Dub
09-29-2011, 02:36 AM
This will be Ike's first true test this season. If Ike is able to lock up Johnson, I like our chances.

We also need Troy to keep being Troy.

Ike and the O-line will be the deciding factors IMO

PhantomJB93
09-29-2011, 02:58 AM
IDK, I mean I'm a true fan but I'm realistic too and quite honestly when you consider how we've played to date I don't really see how you can legitimately pick the Texans to NOT beat us this week :noidea:

The only really encouraging thing to me is that Troy finally looked like his playmaking self again last Sunday for the first time since last regular season, and Harrison looked a little better but still not 100%. Other than that everything about this team has seemed really underwhelming this year (compared to what we're used to, obviously we're still better than most teams but I'm just saying we look nothing like an elite team that just went to the Super Bowl), and the Texans have simply looked more impressive against tougher opponents.

I mean anything can happen Sunday but I'm just saying that from a fan perspective right now I'm not particularly optimistic and I don't blame Bouchette for picking the Texans

BGSU A Dub
09-29-2011, 03:04 AM
I agree with you that to date we haven't shown a whole lot, but at some point it has to turn around (especially if we are going to be a post-season contender). No better week to start turning it around against another playoff caliber team on the road.

OX1947
09-29-2011, 03:30 AM
if the steelers want a shot at the division title, they have to win sunday while b-more loses.

Bayz101
09-29-2011, 05:01 AM
No matter how credible and well respected someone may be, I don't make my decisions based on other peoples thoughts. I think the Steelers will either step it up, and win this one. Or get beat badly. I don't see them losing badly, or losing at all for that matter. I see them running the ball on consecutive plays, and opening up a passing game. The defense will be blitzing like crazy, which may allow some passing succsess for Houston, but not enough to amount to anything big. In the end, Steelers come out on top.

steeltheone
09-29-2011, 05:30 AM
I wouldnt throw any money on it...But it would be awesome to see the boys step it up and win this!

TackHammer
09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Houston is a good passing team but they are not the Patriots or Packers. They are #16 in the league. We are #6 and our passing game isn't that good yet. We can handle their passing, they are a good team but they aren't going to just throw all over us and blow us out.

The Texans put a lot of points on the board. Passing or running. You have to stop both.

tunes4life
09-29-2011, 09:10 AM
It's a morning of hunches, and I have a hunch we are going to pull this one out. Schaub is a good quarterback but gets rattled easily. I think we will see more blitzing in this game than we have seen. I think Troy will be playing closer to the line this game (no more 30 yards deep BS) to make Schaub nervous and it will succeed. I think we are going to continue having issues running the ball but I think we will get a few turnovers in this game and that will be the difference. 10 points off turnovers. Steelers win a close one. 27-23. :thumbsup:

tanda10506
09-29-2011, 09:50 AM
The Texans put a lot of points on the board. Passing or running. You have to stop both.

I agree, I was just saying that they don't have a passing game like the pats or packers. I still see it clear cut, either the Steelers we're used to show up and we win by 10 or the Steelers we've seen these last few games shows up and we lose by 10.

cloppbeast
09-29-2011, 09:56 AM
I agree, I was just saying that they don't have a passing game like the pats or packers. I still see it clear cut, either the Steelers we're used to show up and we win by 10 or the Steelers we've seen these last few games shows up and we lose by 10.

Or we could lose by 28.....:noidea:

I hope the Steelers can manage to stop the running game. Out of all my disappointments in this team this season, and theres been a lot, the poor run defense worries me the most. Lebeau's defense is nothing if they can't stop the run, not even against crappy QBs. Putting a guy like Schaub behind an offense running the ball successfully could cause lots of problems for the Steelers. I hope they can find a solution.

TackHammer
09-29-2011, 10:55 AM

The thing the Texans do well is to set up the pass off the run,and vice versa.
The best way to stop the Texans is to get to Schaub.That will shut down the pass leaving only the run game. If you cant stop that your screwed. Because that opens up the pass again.

Kind of a vicious circle. But it all boils down to rattling Schaub and stopping the run game.

Goldsteel86
09-29-2011, 12:59 PM
I truly believe that this game will be a fight of two offenses, if you look at the Steelers defense the last two weeks versuses week 1 it has started to make drastic changes for the better. Now many can say that was against two sub-par teams, however when you play good defense that builds bonds and increases confidence. All the reporters are hyping the return of Arian Foster, I believe he will have an average to below average game, there is one thing to bring in a well touted back, but when you are not used to the speed of the game that can limit an offense, almost like it would a rookie. It will all come down to which offense will execute, I have a sneaky feeling that special teams may help the Steelers in this one. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers pull out the trickery in this one. :tt04::tt03:

ricardisimo
09-29-2011, 04:00 PM
If Harrison is really back (and he looked it in Indy) and Aaron Smith makes any sort of progress, then I think the game will be close. If we can do anything other than throw long to Wallace we might even win.

FanSince72
09-29-2011, 04:23 PM
There are only two things that can happen:

1. We win.
2. We lose.

So I'm gonna go with "Win".

There.
Wasn't that simple? :applaudit:

tanda10506
09-29-2011, 04:54 PM
If Harrison is really back (and he looked it in Indy) and Aaron Smith makes any sort of progress, then I think the game will be close. If we can do anything other than throw long to Wallace we might even win.

Harrison is back, or at least real close to it. Smith hasn't shown any progress and I don't see him doing anything this game. We need Hood in and Timmons and Woodley to show up.

ricardisimo
09-29-2011, 05:01 PM
There are only two things that can happen:
<b>
1. We win.
2. We lose.</b>

So I'm gonna go with "Win".

There.
Wasn't that simple? :applaudit:
Really? Those are the only two things that can happen? Think very carefully about this. We'll wait for your corrected response.

madtowndrunkard
09-29-2011, 06:54 PM
I think Houston is going to blitz the day lights out of us and we'll be lucky if Ben comes out of this game with no injuries.

Defensively I think we'll be tired in the 3rd quarter and eventually get blown out. We just aren't ready to play serious football yet... we are physically and mentally unprepared. ... It's pretty clear to me that the Steelers expected the lock out to last longer then it did, because not many players are in game shape. . I'm banking on a strong 2nd half the season and hopefully sneak in the playoffs 2005 style.

prediction Houston wins 38-10

StainlessStill
09-29-2011, 07:17 PM
We've actually been suspect-able against the run this year and that's not good, especially against a Houston team dominant in the passing game AND who has the best depth at running back in the NFL.

We're seeing more and more of our Nickel packages, and that means Keenan Lewis on the field, and Casey Hampton out. Not good.

Remember what Baltimore did to us? Flacco destroyed us and so did Ray Rice on the ground. We just can't contend against balanced teams right now.

I don't even want to even THINK about the offense right now. Texans D is tough and will probably swallow that o-line up. I don't like our chances.

31- 17 Texans. I'll be hoping they prove my a$$ wrong.

ricardisimo
09-29-2011, 09:26 PM
There is one peculiar aspect to this game that could bring us good tidings, and I'll ask tony hipchest to back me up on this: the Texans aren't particularly bad in one or another part of their defense. They are mediocre against both the pass and the rush.

Tony and I have both joked about this in the past, but it's really no joke. If a team has a shitty run D, Bruce Arians will pass; if they have an atrocious pass D, Arians will run it more. Never fails.

Never.

However, whenever he's faced with a team that doesn't do one or the other particularly well nor badly, he's almost always come up with his best, most balanced and effective gameplans. It's simply astounding. Just you wait and see.

WickedSteel
09-29-2011, 09:56 PM
If the Steelers don't put up at least 30 it's a loss.

tony hipchest
09-29-2011, 10:46 PM
There is one peculiar aspect to this game that could bring us good tidings, and I'll ask tony hipchest to back me up on this: the Texans aren't particularly bad in one or another part of their defense. They are mediocre against both the pass and the rush.

Tony and I have both joked about this in the past, but it's really no joke. If a team has a shitty run D, Bruce Arians will pass; if they have an atrocious pass D, Arians will run it more. Never fails.

Never.

However, whenever he's faced with a team that doesn't do one or the other particularly well nor badly, he's almost always come up with his best, most balanced and effective gameplans. It's simply astounding. Just you wait and see.

lol... i was ready to post a response to this before i even read the last sentence...

"hater"

this is the paradox that makes BA so frustrating.

the opponents statistical scenario that ricardisiom points out, is when bruce arians is at his absolute best.

it completely takes his brain out of the equation, and doesnt allow him the easy opportunity to outsmart himself (which is very easy to do w/o a brain, which makes it even more amazing).

he is basically backed into a corner, forcing him to utilize a conventionional gameplan that soley relies upon the players skills, talents, and capabilities to easilly execute a gameplan, that is not muddied up with his hare brained schemes.

im actually predicting a win with our highest offensive point total of the year (which is basically saying i expect more than 2 touchdowns).

:applaudit:

DanRooney
09-29-2011, 10:52 PM

Never.

We actually tried to run against the Colts and couldn't go anywhere.

tony hipchest
09-29-2011, 10:59 PM
We actually tried to run against the Colts and couldn't go anywhere.so it is your contention that we will never be able to go anywhere ever again?

you do know that teams review tape, see what mistakes were made and then go to work correcting them, right?

things change. do you remember what the colts run defense did a few years back after jacksonville runners hung 275 yds on them?

re-dedication and focus can go a long way. i think you (and others) are writing this steelers team off a bit too prematurely.

but then again, im just an optomist, which in "hater" lingo, translates to "homer". lmao :tt02:

DanRooney
09-29-2011, 11:08 PM
so it is your contention that we will never be able to go anywhere ever again?

things change. do you remember what the colts run defense did a few years back after jacksonville runners hung 275 yds on them?

re-dedication and focus can go a long way. i think you (and others) are writing this steelers team off a bit too prematurely.

but then again, im just an optomist, which in "hater" lingo, translates to "homer". lmao :tt02:

I was trying to say that Arians probably didn't want to pass as much as he did against the Colts. He attempted to run, and run a lot. But Mendenhall kept getting stuffed for no gain over and over again.

WickedSteel
09-29-2011, 11:15 PM
While there may be many pessimists here, there are many homers as well. The Steelers will likely not go 2-14 but they likely won't go 12-4 or 11-5 either. I'm thinking more like 10-6 or 9-7.

I wish more than anything to see the Steelers win the SB every year but I am a realist. Ever since the SB last year I have had a bad taste in my mouth from this team. They remain throwbacks in the changing face of the NFL and are falling behind the curve. Teams like the Lions and Bills, annual bottom feeders, have geared up on offense and are lighting teams up this season. THIS is the NFL now. Great offensive lines, athletic receivers that are big and physical, QBs that read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly, CBs that are able to play man coverage well. Even the Browns and Bengals are moving in this direction. Cleveland is running a west coast offense that spreads defenses out. They don't have the personal yet but they are improving. Cincy is improving their personal and Dalton is actually putting up some good numbers. Teams like the Lions and Bills have been building teams for years and are now seeing success. The Lions are a little better team because they are better on defense right now.

The Steelers have thrived for years on a vicious defense and a brutal running game. Now their defense is aging and they have had a shaky O line for years now. While other teams are building brick wall O lines, the Steelers are just sticking with the status quo, leaving their $100 million investment running for his life.

tony hipchest
09-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I was trying to say that Arians probably didn't want to pass as much as he did against the Colts. He attempted to run, and run a lot. But Mendenhall kept getting stuffed for no gain over and over again.

okay.

theres a saying that "you are what you practice". the colts obviously sold out to stop our run, get us into predictable passing situations and then capitalize on our weakness and tee off on ben. they had an acceptable gameplan that almost worked.

we won in spite of what appeared to be an inadequate gameplan. our talent, beat theirs.

back to the "you are what you practice" it is suprising many how acceptable the colts run game is looking now that they are actually forced to focus on it in practice and impliment + execute it in games.

before this season people simply said their run game sucked. well it did, becaouse their pass game was predominant.

it wasnt for a complete lack of capability.

ricardisimo
09-29-2011, 11:18 PM
We actually tried to run against the Colts and couldn't go anywhere.
Firstly, what we did in Indy is try not to fumble the game away, just like what happened in Baltimore. Someone's clearly getting skittish about Ben's hands behind this O-line. So, logically, you start running more. And sure enough, we started running much more after the fumbles. Even Arians can figure that one out.

Secondly, running more is still not mostly running. Officially there were 37 pass attempts against 28 rushes. The three sacks were pass plays, as were Ben's five rushes, so the actual numbers should read 45 pass plays against 23 rushes. That's what you call "trying to run against the Colts."

tony hipchest
09-29-2011, 11:30 PM
While there may be many pessimists here, there are many homers as well. The Steelers will likely not go 2-14 but they likely won't go 12-4 or 11-5 either. I'm thinking more like 10-6 or 9-7.

I wish more than anything to see the Steelers win the SB every year but I am a realist. Ever since the SB last year I have had a bad taste in my mouth from this team. They remain throwbacks in the changing face of the NFL and are falling behind the curve. Teams like the Lions and Bills, annual bottom feeders, have geared up on offense and are lighting teams up this season. THIS is the NFL now. Great offensive lines, athletic receivers that are big and physical, QBs that read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly, CBs that are able to play man coverage well. Even the Browns and Bengals are moving in this direction. Cleveland is running a west coast offense that spreads defenses out. They don't have the personal yet but they are improving. Cincy is improving their personal and Dalton is actually putting up some good numbers. Teams like the Lions and Bills have been building teams for years and are now seeing success. The Lions are a little better team because they are better on defense right now.

The Steelers have thrived for years on a vicious defense and a brutal running game. Now their defense is aging and they have had a shaky O line for years now. While other teams are building brick wall O lines, the Steelers are just sticking with the status quo, leaving their $100 million investment running for his life.

"this is the nfl now"??? (sorry, i didnt get much further beyond this before i had to stop reading the diatribe and respond).

are you really saying that todays nfl is about sucking for 15-20 years, hoping about a dozen of your top round picks will not be absolute flops such as jp losman, and joey harrington) and after a few regime changes, finally bring it all together and get it right??? :doh:

you are the one who is clearly not grounded in reality, despite whatever taste the bills, patriots, packers, and lions are leaving in your mouth.

12-4 is the standard here and easilly w/in grasp. while 9-7 or 10-6 wouldnt be unprescedented dont act like you are more in tune than anything else, because you say something contrary to what most fans would like to see.

that doesnt make you a genius or more grounded in reality. that just makes you annoying like fat warren sapp and mark madden. (who are wrong more often than naught).

DanRooney
09-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Firstly, what we did in Indy is try not to fumble the game away, just like what happened in Baltimore. Someone's clearly getting skittish about Ben's hands behind this O-line. So, logically, you start running more. And sure enough, we started running much more after the fumbles. Even Arians can figure that one out.

Secondly, running more is still not mostly running. Officially there were 37 pass attempts against 28 rushes. The three sacks were pass plays, as were Ben's five rushes, so the actual numbers should read 45 pass plays against 23 rushes. That's what you call "trying to run against the Colts."

Those numbers are meaningless because we couldn't gain any positive yardage running. We abandoned the run because it wasn't working. When you get stuffed for 0 yards every play, you are effectively wasting plays.

ricardisimo
09-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Those numbers are meaningless because we couldn't gain any positive yardage running. We abandoned the run because it wasn't working. When you get stuffed for 0 yards every play, you are effectively wasting plays.
Not if the alternative is fumbles returned for touchdowns. 0 > -7

Atlanta Dan
09-30-2011, 08:02 AM
This view from The New York Times Fifth Down blog on the Houston game

The season often starts this way for the Steelers. They grind out a couple of seemingly difficult wins against bad teams. They lose to the Ravens, or someone Ravens-like. We question their offensive line and remark that the team is not deploying the classic Steelers running game, because in Pittsburgh it is always 1978and the only way to win is to hand off 40 times.

The Steelers have had a suspect offensive line for the entire Ben Roethlisberger era, made worse by Roethlisberger’s belief that getting rid of the ball on time causes back pimples. Bruce Arians has been the offensive coordinator for five years, and he has always been more pass-oriented than the guys with Franco Harris collector’s edition beer steins would like. The Steelers have reached two Super Bowls in four years through a succession of ugly wins. It is time to stop being surprised. Pick: Steelers.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/30/week-4-n-f-l-matchups-2/?ref=sports

madtowndrunkard
09-30-2011, 10:46 AM

This simply is not true.... did you watch the game? We came out throwing.... that was as obvious as it gets...the plan was to air it out. How many pass attempts did Ben have in the 1st quarter? It wasn't til we were down 13-10 at half time that we decided to mix it up. The Colts were pinning their ears back and killing Ben because of Arians predictable play calls. If your O-line is horrible why not try covering up the fact you are about to pass the ball? Their defense was jumping the snap count and completely ignoring our running game...yet we still could not get any push. It was pathetic.

2nd half we tried to run and grind it out.... to our surprise we couldn't do anything on the ground. Redman would have been more effective then Mendy just because of their running style. Redmen can at least fall forward and over people. Mendy is a spin and slip style runner who can do damage after he gets space. There was NO space and he was consistently getting hit in the back field or running into the backs of his blockers.

Arians failed as bad as the O-line did. Why did it take till late in the 4th before we brought in other backs to run the ball? I understood exploiting the pass in the 1st quarter because everyone knew the Colts plan was to stop the run. After we were up 10-0 we should have mixed it up. We should have disguised our passes better. We should have tried using a FB more. We should have used quick passes more. Woulda shoulda coulda...

I'll be shocked if the Texans don't piss pound us.

Atlanta Dan
09-30-2011, 06:41 PM
I'll be shocked if the Texans don't piss pound us.

It would not surprise me either, but after this game the Steelers have 2 quality teams left for the remaining 12 games - Baltimore and New England, both of which play at Heinz

This from Sports Guy Bill Simmons

TEXANS (-3.5) over Steelers

Feels like Pittsburgh is headed for one of those "everyone writes them off, they do just enough to sneak into the playoffs, only as that's happening, they're getting everyone healthy and quietly righting the ship, and then the playoffs start and everyone realizes that we should be scared of Pittsburgh" seasons? Trademarked by the 2010 Packers, of course.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/5479/bill-simmons-week-4-quick-picks

ricardisimo
09-30-2011, 06:50 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Tomlin starts every year 3-1. That bodes well for this week. :smile:

Exordium
10-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Guys, we all know that the Texans are going to open up a can of whupass.
Best case scenario no one gets injured.

Wallabeast17
10-01-2011, 11:58 AM
I could be wrong, but I think Tomlin starts every year 3-1. That bodes well for this week. :smile:

i thought we had a 2-2 year? I could be wrong..

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2011, 12:15 PM
i thought we had a 2-2 year? I could be wrong..

2009 was a 2-2 start (road losses to Chicago and Bengals in weeks 2 and 3)

ricardisimo
10-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Damn. There goes that theory. Now I have to resort to statistical trends and probabilities to predict this game. Yikes!

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Damn. There goes that theory. Now I have to resort to statistical trends and probabilities to predict this game. Yikes!

Maybe we can go with the Steelers have not lost in Houston since 1996:noidea:

tony hipchest
10-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Guys, we all know that the Texans are going to open up a can of whupass.
Best case scenario no one gets injured.the texans are playing as good as they have in any other year, no doubt.

but i would have to turn in my fan card if i conceded them the win already.

im still confident we can go down there and stomp a texas sized mudhole in their ass.

:tt03: