PDA

View Full Version : Top pick Williams sits out Texans practice

Ohio Steeler
06-07-2006, 04:39 PM
All I can say about this is OUCH!!!!

HOUSTON (June 7, 2006) -- Houston Texans No. 1 draft pick Mario Williams will be sidelined for the rest of the week after having the toenails on both of his big toes removed.

Williams, a 6-foot-7, 292-pound defensive end, had the procedure done on June 5 after struggling with infections because of problems with his toenails.

Houston has been going through organized team workouts for the past month and had their first day of minicamp on June 7.

"They were bothering him throughout the camp," said Texans coach Gary Kubiak. "So instead of trying to fight it, they removed them. We're giving him a few days off to make sure it heals properly."

Kubiak said Williams would probably return to practice on June 9.

"We just didn't want it to be a problem when we got to the summer so took care of it now," Kubiak said.

Williams signed a six-year $54 million contract the night before the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9484911

Suitanim
06-07-2006, 04:57 PM
A) Shower on a regular basis
B) Toenail clippers

Problem solved

CantStop85
06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Slow week on news, eh?

MattsMe
06-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Maybe his problems started while trying to fill the shoes of all the great Texans that have come before him.
I mean, when the shoes are that small, and you're trying to cram your feet in there, it's gotta hurt.

tony hipchest
06-07-2006, 08:17 PM
ive had an ingrown toenail removed from by big toe when i was 13. (dont half clip and then peel toenails to short). some things i gathered from the experience:

-having a huge needle jabbed in between your toes sucks.
-having a needle jammed into the tip of your big toe sucks
-watching shot fluid swell your toe like a potato sucks.
-having painkiller that doesnt work and having an air force doctor say "oh well, youre gonna have to go through a little pain sucks.
-having a pair of alligator clips (roach clips) shoved underneath your nail and then opened up is a form of torture in many countries.
-the bright pink flesh underneath a freshly removed nail looks AWESOME.

WORST PAIN IVE EVER EXPERIENCED! thanks doc!

Ambridge
06-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Sounds like the Texans might have bought 54 million dollars worth of Toe Jam.

SteelCityMan786
06-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Man I guess this week doesn't have any major news. Other than Indoor Football Leagues are wrapping up.