PDA

View Full Version : Add Ann Coulter to the list with Pat and Jerry

3 to be 4
06-07-2006, 07:20 PM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13186261/?GT1=8211

im no fan of Hilary Clinton, but on this one shes absolutely right. Coulter isnt a conservative, shes a mental case.

tony hipchest
06-07-2006, 07:28 PM
ive watched this lady plenty of times and everything she says is full of spin with an agenda. she wouldnt know an objective point of view if it hit her like a mack truck. i dont mind someone being left or right, but shes about as bright as a campaign sign stuck in someones front yard. hillary should kick her ass.

3 to be 4
06-07-2006, 08:30 PM
that was a career killer, that comment. she'll hold on to the 20% nut fringe, but she just lost all credibility was normal people. I wonder how Sean Hannity is going to defend her on this one?

Prosdo
06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
You know I saw something like this the other day in a video a friend sent me that sickened me. It was this ridciulous lady who claimed to have her own Baptist Church. The church consisted of 80 people or so 80% her relatives. They would stand outside churches where soliders funerals were and hold signs that said "Thank God For Dead Solidiers" and "No Innocent People Die". I mean seriously how sick. The state she was in ended up passing a law about protests and such had to be 500 yards away from a funeral or something like that. She was on CNN or something and they chewed her out on there.

Ambridge
06-08-2006, 02:30 AM
C'mon people!!

Ann isn't bashing these women because they lost their husbands on 911.
What she's calling them out for is because these women are using and politicizing the deaths of their spouses way and above the call of duty and that the "left" loves to use the victims of tragic loss in order to carry a political message/agenda for the simple reason that no one will stand up and challenge what they are saying and doing for fear of being labled hateful and mean spirited.

Ann is usually very brash but if you can get over that usually what she says does make some sense.

Steelersfan
06-08-2006, 02:42 AM
What peaked my interest in this video is when they quoted the wives as saying they are concerned with security and leadership since 9/11. What about what caused 9/11?

*EDIT*
I'm not defending Ann with this statement. Just making an observation from the video

Suitanim
06-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Although she makes some valid points from time to time, I don't care for her style...too polarizing.

I was way more offended, though, when one of the 9/11 widows blew through like 10 mil in post 9/11 settlement and government money in a few months then went on the talk show circuit about a year ago to ask for more money. Can you imagine the audacity a move like that would take?

ARKIESTEEL
06-08-2006, 09:46 AM
You know I saw something like this the other day in a video a friend sent me that sickened me. It was this ridciulous lady who claimed to have her own Baptist Church. The church consisted of 80 people or so 80% her relatives. They would stand outside churches where soliders funerals were and hold signs that said "Thank God For Dead Solidiers" and "No Innocent People Die". I mean seriously how sick. The state she was in ended up passing a law about protests and such had to be 500 yards away from a funeral or something like that. She was on CNN or something and they chewed her out on there.

These folks are doing this saying that the soliders died defending gays and a country that defends gays. There is however a biker group showing up evertime they show up to counter protest and work as bodyguards for kinfolk of the lost one. In Big Fat ARKIESTEEL's world I would machine gun anybody showing up to protest at a soliders funnerals, but then who am I. This same group came to my home town and protested a few churches that allow gays in. I dont realy support gay folks nor do I realy have a problem with them as long as they are not in my face but this crap goes way to far.

Hammer67
06-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Ann does have the right idea sometimes but her message is filled with too much vitriol. She is the same as the far left commentators and activists who name call and call Bush Hitler and other moronic crap like that. She comes across as a hypocrite at times. But I think she likes the attention...it sells her books.

3 to be 4
06-08-2006, 08:13 PM

those people are also absolute whackos. they have nothing whatsoever to do with anything that has anything to do with Jesus Christ.

83-Steelers-43
06-08-2006, 10:06 PM
In my opinion.....

Ann Coulter = The Al Franken of the right.

Prosdo
06-09-2006, 12:18 AM
those people are also absolute whackos. they have nothing whatsoever to do with anything that has anything to do with Jesus Christ.

I agree with that completely.

Suitanim
06-09-2006, 09:30 AM
In my opinion.....

Ann Coulter = The Al Franken of the right.

I listen to Franken sometimes...he's not a mean-spirited, and sometimes his show is funny. I'd say Coulter is the right's answer to Randy Rhodes. She is WAY out there...I've heard her call for the assaination of the President before.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Lets all agree that virtually every person we are talking about here either has an agenda or is a far left/right lunatic.
I fought in a war that the "far-left" said was all about oil prices. Well...Al Gore (specifically made statements) and Barbara Boxer (who is about as bright as a box of hair) can kiss my patriotic red/white/blue ass!!! I was only in country for about 1 week when I KNEW what I was fighting for...I talked to Kuwaiti refugees who told me about their relatives being shot for being "political"...their daughters being raped by soldiers to force the families to rat out insurgents....I saw a little boy who had his hand slammed in a door repeatedly. I was fighting against "evil"...its not something that is arbitrary...not something that is "up to the individual to define"...Bad is bad and Good is good and EVERY person is born with at least a small notion of the difference.
I say that to point out that it was "politically expedient" for certain members of political parties and certain radio "heads" to try and paint themselves as intellectuals and "whole-world thinkers". THEIR agenda and political future became more important than truth!
Ann Coulter is no different..just opposite sides of the political spectrum. She is trying to sell a book....period. I have no love for wifes of 911 victims, who appear in political ads...TACKY!....DISRESPECTFUL!....but words ARE weapons and Ann Coulter very often needs to put away her tanks and use a pistol when making a point. HOWEVER ...please dont use Al Franken and his empty bag of gummi bears that he calls literature as a means to prove a point.
No one person speaks for any political party...No one person can speak for all individuals... An opportunistic Ann Coulter no more speaks for the Republican party than the lying, thiefing Hillary Clinton represents Democrats...nor for that matter...does a group of idiotic illiterate fanatics (who probably should try READING the Bible, instead of placing the doctrine of men above the Doctrine of God) represent the Baptist faith.
It is up to US to use a small portion of discernment when reading/listening to any person whos job relies on our willingness to open our pocketbook.

Hammer67
06-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Lets all agree that virtually every person we are talking about here either has an agenda or is a far left/right lunatic.
I fought in a war that the "far-left" said was all about oil prices. Well...Al Gore (specifically made statements) and Barbara Boxer (who is about as bright as a box of hair) can kiss my patriotic red/white/blue ass!!! I was only in country for about 1 week when I KNEW what I was fighting for...I talked to Kuwaiti refugees who told me about their relatives being shot for being "political"...their daughters being raped by soldiers to force the families to rat out insurgents....I saw a little boy who had his hand slammed in a door repeatedly. I was fighting against "evil"...its not something that is arbitrary...not something that is "up to the individual to define"...Bad is bad and Good is good and EVERY person is born with at least a small notion of the difference.
I say that to point out that it was "politically expedient" for certain members of political parties and certain radio "heads" to try and paint themselves as intellectuals and "whole-world thinkers". THEIR agenda and political future became more important than truth!
Ann Coulter is no different..just opposite sides of the political spectrum. She is trying to sell a book....period. I have no love for wifes of 911 victims, who appear in political ads...TACKY!....DISRESPECTFUL!....but words ARE weapons and Ann Coulter very often needs to put away her tanks and use a pistol when making a point. HOWEVER ...please dont use Al Franken and his empty bag of gummi bears that he calls literature as a means to prove a point.
No one person speaks for any political party...No one person can speak for all individuals... An opportunistic Ann Coulter no more speaks for the Republican party than the lying, thiefing Hillary Clinton represents Democrats...nor for that matter...does a group of idiotic illiterate fanatics (who probably should try READING the Bible, instead of placing the doctrine of men above the Doctrine of God) represent the Baptist faith.
It is up to US to use a small portion of discernment when reading/listening to any person whos job relies on our willingness to open our pocketbook.

Wow.....:iagree:

3 to be 4
06-11-2006, 11:55 PM
wow is right. nice post lamberts-lost tooth

CAH
06-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Love Ann Coulter. She shoots from the hip but I have yet to call her wrong on any issue while Franken just babbles but you have to really sift through his comments for anything true.

I liked the way she shut up Hillary. I really don't think Hillary thinks through what she is going to say but she attacked Ann. Big mistake. :bouncy:

Suitanim
06-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Love Ann Coulter. She shoots from the hip but I have yet to call her wrong on any issue while Franken just babbles but you have to really sift through his comments for anything true.

I liked the way she shut up Hillary. I really don't think Hillary thinks through what she is going to say but she attacked Ann. Big mistake. :bouncy:
Yikes...I almost forgot exactly how reactionary you really were...

CAH
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Yikes...I almost forgot exactly how reactionary you really were...
Gee, that looked like a normal statement to me.

Suitanim
06-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Let's try again. Coulter is selling books, and she needs to be as controversial and over the top as possible to do so...I'm not sure even SHE believes some of the shit she throws out there. Bill Maher is one of her best friends...ever stop to think how that dynamic might work?

CAH
06-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Let's try again. Coulter is selling books, and she needs to be as controversial and over the top as possible to do so...I'm not sure even SHE believes some of the shit she throws out there. Bill Maher is one of her best friends...ever stop to think how that dynamic might work?
I really don't think she needs the money and I do believe she believes every word she writes. She is anti-liberal and that is the gist of her writings.

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Chick is crazy.

floodcitygirl
06-12-2006, 11:09 PM
It is up to US to use a small portion of discernment when reading/listening to any person whos job relies on our willingness to open our pocketbook. Wow Lamberts, nice post! I couldn't agree more.

I would like to add that IMO when victims of a tragedy make a decision to go public in expressing their political viewpoints, they open themselves up to political scrutiny as well. I don't think that their "pain" gives them a pass for others not to publicly disagree and even question their motives. While I don't necessarily appreciate all of the comments that Ann Coulter has made, or the methods that she uses to express them, I do agree with many of her ideals.

3 to be 4
06-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Wow Lamberts, nice post! I couldn't agree more.

I would like to add that IMO when victims of a tragedy make a decision to go public in expressing their political viewpoints, they open themselves up to political scrutiny as well. I don't think that their "pain" gives them a pass for others not to publicly disagree and even question their motives. While I don't necessarily appreciate all of the comments that Ann Coulter has made, or the methods that she uses to express them, I do agree with many of her ideals.

yes, they open themselves to political scutiny. They do not open themselves up to have their marriages ridiculed or to have it said they enjoyed the deaths of their husbands.
Why is the line that was crossed so difficult for people to understand?

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 11:40 PM
I really don't think she needs the money and I do believe she believes every word she writes.

sounds like hitler ("she" being replaced with "he" of course)

3 to be 4
06-13-2006, 12:03 AM
sounds like hitler ("she" being replaced with "he" of course)

and like Hitler, she only has one ball.

floodcitygirl
06-13-2006, 12:05 AM
yes, they open themselves to political scutiny. They do not open themselves up to have their marriages ridiculed or to have it said they enjoyed the deaths of their husbands.
Why is the line that was crossed so difficult for people to understand? I'm assuming that since you used my words, you think that I don't understand. If so, then specifically, I would not have said what she did about their marriages or deaths. I have no clue what is in their hearts when they close their doors at night. But, when they use their tragic circumstances as a platform to air their political views, they do make themselves a target. People will and do go after political figures in very personal ways every day. I'm not saying I agree, just that it happens on all sides of the aisle. After all, not everybody is as sweet as this STEELER girl! :smile:

3 to be 4
06-13-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm assuming that since you used my words, you think that I don't understand. If so, then specifically, I would not have said what she did about their marriages or deaths. I have no clue what is in their hearts when they close their doors at night. But, when they use their tragic circumstances as a platform to air their political views, they do make themselves a target. People will and do go after political figures in very personal ways every day. I'm not saying I agree, just that it happens on all sides of the aisle. After all, not everybody is as sweet as this STEELER girl! :smile:

ok then, since Nancy Reagan aired her political views on the stem cell research issue, its obvious that she enjoyed Reagans death. I also hear he hated her anyway and was thinking of divorcing her before he became incapacitated. Shes ugly too.

Hey, shes a fair target, right?

floodcitygirl
06-13-2006, 12:23 AM
ok then, since Nancy Reagan aired her political views on the stem cell research issue, its obvious that she enjoyed Reagans death. I also hear he hated her anyway and was thinking of divorcing her before he became incapacitated. Shes ugly too.

Hey, shes a fair target, right? Yeah, why not? I never liked her much anyway! (lol)

Ambridge
06-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Why is the line that was crossed so difficult for people to understand?

Try not putting the "literal" magnifying glass on the words "they enjoyed the deaths of their husbands" and try to understand the underlying context in which she intended the statement.

CowherLover
06-13-2006, 02:45 PM
She's a greedy, hate-mongering sensationialist doing what she knows is going to help her draw attention to her new book, it's worked wellas she is #1 on Amazon.com. Man I have to say though when I saw one her many interviews the other day and she looked like a bad version of a drag queen. Sometimes she looks normal and other times it looks like she missed her appointment for her daily estrogen shot, she's NASTY all the way around.

CAH
06-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Murtha blames our troops for murdering civilians.

Durban equated our troops to Nazis.

Ward Churchill called the victims of 9/11 little Eichmanns.

Sheehan called Bush a terrorist as do those 4 wives but since they lost someone, they wear a touch-me-not sign and can say anything they want and no one can touch the untouchables. Ann did nothing but expose them for what they are.

When you go public and smear anyone, you are open game for critics and Ann did just that. Those women have publicly smeared Bush for years and finally someone got up the nerve to smack their little asses.

Go Ann! You dun good.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Murtha blames our troops for murdering civilians.

Durban equated our troops to Nazis.

Ward Churchill called the victims of 9/11 little Eichmanns.

Sheehan called Bush a terrorist as do those 4 wives but since they lost someone, they wear a touch-me-not sign and can say anything they want and no one can touch the untouchables.

I recall those people making all those statements ..and have a MUCH bigger problem with people who criticize our brave soldiers (who are not asking to be in the limelight or seeking attention) than someone criticizing 911 widows who CHOSE to us their situation to push a political agenda....

Suitanim
06-14-2006, 09:28 AM
The bottom line is that, even though her vitriloic diatribe is absolutely nothing but a transparent attempt to gain some free press to sell more books, it still seems to be working.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-14-2006, 10:33 AM
The bottom line is that, even though her vitriloic diatribe is absolutely nothing but a transparent attempt to gain some free press to sell more books, it still seems to be working.

Why am I picturing BengalBrian bleeding from the ears as he searches for a dictionary?

CAH
06-14-2006, 10:43 AM
I recall those people making all those statements ..and have a MUCH bigger problem with people who criticize our brave soldiers (who are not asking to be in the limelight or seeking attention) than someone criticizing 911 widows who CHOSE to us their situation to push a political agenda....
Remember there were a lot of widows b/c of 9/11 but only 4 chose to bash Bush. The Democratic Party immediately embraced them to go public as they did with a few others. Every one of them wears that "touch-me-not" sign. They are being used by the liberals.

Before Ann wrote it, I wanted to go smack those 4 in the mouth. Ann saved me the trouble. Most people who bashed her, didn't even read the book or at least that chapter. If you don't want to buy the book, go to a bookstore and read that one section or go to the library.

floodcitygirl
06-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Remember there were a lot of widows b/c of 9/11 but only 4 chose to bash Bush. The Democratic Party immediately embraced them to go public as they did with a few others. Every one of them wears that "touch-me-not" sign. They are being used by the liberals.

Before Ann wrote it, I wanted to go smack those 4 in the mouth. Ann saved me the trouble. Yes, the woman wants to sell books. That's part of the way she makes a living. Would I have said publicly exactly what she has? No. Have I thought some of the same things? Yep. It looks like alot of others relate too.

What happened on 9/11 was a tragedy, personally for the familes of the victims but also for each one of us who are citizens of this country. Those planes attacked what this country stands for and the freedoms and comforts that it provides. Those poor souls just happened to be in the way. I will always take it very personally.

Our soldiers are fighting with their lives to protect the freedoms that give those widows, as well as others, the opportunity to say what they want. And the language that has been used against our soldiers as well as our President has been more than "bitterly severe"....hateful , venomous, and malicious come to mind. One big difference is that those soldiers are put more at risk because of that language. Not to mention being demoralized.

Interestingly enough, their families aren't being paid a million bucks or driven around in limos, and are certainly not media darlings even though their loved ones are being killed and maimed by people who hate us for who we are and who's only intent is our destruction.

So again, would I use the same language as Ann Coulter has used - no. Am I going to get my panties in a bunch about it.....again no. The only ones IMO that deserve at least the benefit of the doubt if not a touch-me-not sign are our soldiers. I keep in mind that while they're defending our freedom to speak our views, they are restricted from doing so, publicly.

floodcitygirl
06-14-2006, 12:48 PM

Before Ann wrote it, I wanted to go smack those 4 in the mouth. Ann saved me the trouble. Yes, the woman wants to sell books. That's part of the way she makes a living. Would I have said publicly exactly what she has? No. Have I thought some of the same things? Yep. It looks like alot of others relate too.

What happened on 9/11 was a tragedy, personally for the familes of the victims but also for each one of us who are citizens of this country. Those planes attacked what this country stands for and the freedoms and comforts that it provides. Those poor souls just happened to be in the way. I will always take it very personally.

Our soldiers are fighting with their lives to protect the freedoms that give those widows, as well as others, the opportunity to say what they want. And the language that has been used against our soldiers as well as our President has been more than "bitterly severe"....hateful , venomous, and malicious come to mind. One big difference is that those soldiers are put more at risk because of that language. Not to mention being demoralized.

Interestingly enough, their families aren't being paid a million bucks or driven around in limos, and are certainly not media darlings even though their loved ones are being killed and maimed by people who hate us for who we are and who's only intent is our destruction.

So again, would I use the same language as Ann Coulter has used - no. Am I going to get my panties in a bunch about it.....again no. The only ones IMO that deserve at least the benefit of the doubt if not a touch-me-not sign are our soldiers. I keep in mind that while they're defending our freedom to speak our views, they are restricted from doing so, publicly.

3 to be 4
06-15-2006, 06:53 AM
Try not putting the "literal" magnifying glass on the words "they enjoyed the deaths of their husbands" and try to understand the underlying context in which she intended the statement.

she was misquoted in her own book?

she meant enjoyed their deaths in a good way :sofunny:

CAH
06-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Of course Ann wants to sell books to make money. Your grocery store sells all his goods to make money. Every commercial you see wants to make money by selling their product. That's why you work. That is not a valid argument unless you're Mother Theresa

CAH
06-15-2006, 12:14 PM
she was misquoted in her own book?

she meant enjoyed their deaths in a good way :sofunny:
Did you read the book? Bet you didn't.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Did you read the book? Bet you didn't.

Walk past the Al Franken books in the bargain bin...turn left towards the best sellers

I.C. Lights
06-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Ann Coulter on 9/11 Widows: I've never seen a group of women enjoy the death of their husbands so much

I.C. Lights on Ann Coulter: I've never seen a woman enjoy the death of her own soul so much.

silver & black
06-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Far left... far right......... same idiocy.

Suitanim
06-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Of course Ann wants to sell books to make money. Your grocery store sells all his goods to make money. Every commercial you see wants to make money by selling their product. That's why you work. That is not a valid argument unless you're Mother Theresa

Here's the difference. The two biggest grocery stores in my area are Giant Eagle and Acme. When Giant Eagle tries to sell more groceries than Acme, they don't run ads saying that the owners of Acme are Godless wife swapping kitten killers.

And the REAL problem isn't that she's trying to sell books by being as acerbic, infammatory and controversial as possible, rather that people will actually go out buy her book because it's acerbic, inflammatory and controversial.

But the left is just as bad, maybe worse. Maureen Dowd is probably the biggest toeheaded freak to ever sell her soul to Satan in return for puking out her ignorant filth in Op/Ed sections in every major news rag in the Country.

tony hipchest
06-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Far left... far right......... same idiocy. its like getting Muslim extremists and the die hard Roman Catholics to agree on a common Messiah.

(no offense to my fellow Christians, just making a comparrison of the seperation and hatred that exists between the far left and far right)

CAH
06-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Has anyone seen these women in action?

"Bush is a terrorist" Don't touch me.

"Bush caused 9/11." Don't touch me.

They knew they were not to be put down for their comments but finally Ann came along.LOL

Those 4 women were wined and dined by the left. They were celebraties. They were on display and all because their husbands were killed. Of course that was a terrible thing. Other widows of 9/11 didn't like what they were doing and said so but they were so quiet about it that no one remembers them. Yes, those 4 made a lot of noise carrying on at Senate hearings and everywhere the Democrats chose to put them.

They didn't deserve to lose their husbands but they certainly deserved what Ann wrote about them. Hope they choke on the money they earned from leftist groups.

CowherLover
06-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah, how dare they cause such a ruckus and cause such a thing a the INDEPENDANT 9/11 Comisssion. How absurd, everyone has their own opinion and agenda and just because you feel so strongly one way or the other doesn't mean you're going to persuade anyone to see "the light." Before you say that's not your intent, save it, because if that's not what you're trying to do then you need to spend less negative energy on trying to prove others wrong simply because they don't agree with you.

3 to be 4
06-17-2006, 12:51 AM
its like getting Muslim extremists and the die hard Roman Catholics to agree on a common Messiah.

(no offense to my fellow Christians, just making a comparrison of the seperation and hatred that exists between the far left and far right)

both sides are so full of it.

call a liberal on something and they'll say ITS NOT MY FAULT BECAUSE SOMEONE DID SOMETHING TO ME
call a conservative on something and they'll say ITS NOT MY FAULT BECAUSE THEY DO IT TOO

so take your poison, a perpetual victim or a psychopath.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-17-2006, 06:09 AM
Yeah, how dare they cause such a ruckus and cause such a thing a the INDEPENDANT 9/11 Comisssion. How absurd, everyone has their own opinion and agenda and just because you feel so strongly one way or the other doesn't mean you're going to persuade anyone to see "the light." Before you say that's not your intent, save it, because if that's not what you're trying to do then you need to spend less negative energy on trying to prove others wrong simply because they don't agree with you.

Do you really think that sarcasm is really warranted, somehow I'm sure you do. In case you haven't been told..... It's not necessary every other post. There is a line between being witty and being sarcastic and you are definitely falling into the latter more frequently.

silver & black
06-17-2006, 10:09 AM
both sides are so full of it.

call a liberal on something and they'll say ITS NOT MY FAULT BECAUSE SOMEONE DID SOMETHING TO ME
call a conservative on something and they'll say ITS NOT MY FAULT BECAUSE THEY DO IT TOO

so take your poison, a perpetual victim or a psychopath.
This is why I never get involved in political topics on sports message boards. I always seem to find one or the other.

I believe that the vast majority of people are down to earth people, grounded in the middle, that have a slightly more liberal or conservative view. Nothing wrong with either. The problem is that most of these people are not heard from... it's the extreme fringes of both parties that get all the publicity. Too bad.

Hammer67
06-17-2006, 10:35 AM
This is why I never get involved in political topics on sports message boards. I always seem to find one or the other.

I believe that the vast majority of people are down to earth people, grounded in the middle, that have a slightly more liberal or conservative view. Nothing wrong with either. The problem is that most of these people are not heard from... it's the extreme fringes of both parties that get all the publicity. Too bad.

Too true...but...you can just stand in the middle and look to either side and feel much better about yourself because, hey, you're normal!!! That's what I always think! You have right wing religious fantatics to one side who feel that the crusade against gays are the most important thing in the US but then you have the wackos on the left who are so misguided that they practically cheer for anything anti-US.

It's a crazy world. I am glad me and mine are rational and in the middle.:smile:

3 to be 4
06-17-2006, 10:51 AM
one of the biggest tragedies with that in 1992 Ross Perot was kind of a nut as a person.
His ideas were perfect, the country was ready to embrace him, if only his ideas were combined with a normal person we might have had some real change in this country.

as it was, pecodillos aside, i liked the combination we had in the mid 90's with a Democratic President governing as a moderate and a Republican congress also moving to the middle after the scorched earth policies of the Right were rejected in 1996.

our budget was getting balanced and everything, what a concept!

CAH
06-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Too true...but...you can just stand in the middle and look to either side and feel much better about yourself because, hey, you're normal!!! That's I what I always think! You have right wing religious fantatics to one side who feel that the crusade against gays are the most important thing in the US but then you have the wackos on the left who are so misguided that they practically cheer for anything anti-US.

It's a crazy world. I am glad me and mine are rational and in the middle.:smile:
That is so funny. BTW, do you eat vanilla ice cream?:wink:

Hammer67
06-17-2006, 11:12 AM
That is so funny. BTW, do you eat vanilla ice cream?:wink:

Not sure what that means but I steal the "me and mine" quote from O Brother Where Art Thou?

Great film and the Coens are the best film makers out there today.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Not sure what that means but I steal the "me and mine" quote from O Brother Where Art Thou?

Great film and the Coens are the best film makers out there today.

Great movie..great soundtrack!!

silver & black
06-17-2006, 12:57 PM
one of the biggest tragedies with that in 1992 Ross Perot was kind of a nut as a person.
His ideas were perfect, the country was ready to embrace him, if only his ideas were combined with a normal person we might have had some real change in this country.

as it was, pecodillos aside, i liked the combination we had in the mid 90's with a Democratic President governing as a moderate and a Republican congress also moving to the middle after the scorched earth policies of the Right were rejected in 1996.

our budget was getting balanced and everything, what a concept!
I agree. I voted for Perot the first time around. I was willing to put aside his quirkiness in order to right the ship. I really believe he could have made great strides in solving a lot of the country's problems. It would have cost us as citizens but, we would not be where we are today.

The second time around, he was just a lunatic.......... in hindsight, maybe it was best that he wasn't elected?

I also agree with your take on the politics of the 90's... it did seem to work rather well. Even though I personally lean a tad to the right, I have no major complaints through the 90's... except for NAFTA.

floodcitygirl
06-17-2006, 02:07 PM
i liked the combination we had in the mid 90's with a Democratic President governing You probably are feeling good then since Hillary is planning to be the President again! (LOL)

silver & black
06-17-2006, 02:14 PM
You probably are feeling good then since Hillary is planning to be the President again! (LOL)
:sofunny:

CowherLover
06-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Do you really think that sarcasm is really warranted, somehow I'm sure you do. In case you haven't been told..... It's not necessary every other post. There is a line between being witty and being sarcastic and you are definitely falling into the latter more frequently.
See, now that's witty,lol!

Stillers#1
06-17-2006, 09:59 PM
I dunno guys, as someone currently serving, I gotta say most of us guys, for the most part enjoy Ann Coulter. However, I don't think we need her calling out people in this fashion, even though her intentions were in the right place. I just think she could have gone about what she said in a differnt manner.

The best way to deal with a Cindy Sheehan or these 9/11 wives, is to do what my mom taught me when I was 8 years old and kids used to pick on me in school (this is pre-growth spurt btw). Kill them with kindness, and I think that theory holds even more water today. There is nothing I hate more when I am arguing with someone, then when they tell me I am right, and start being nice to me. All coulter did here was stir up a hornets nest, and got people thinking, hmmmm if she says this on television, what did she say in her book. IMO this was all about the money, she knew what she was doing, and more power to her if people buy her book and give her all kinds of attention for saying what she said.

3 to be 4
06-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Ann Coulter is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I hate her views. But for some reason i wouldnt mind nailin' her.

tony hipchest
06-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Ann Coulter is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I hate her views. But for some reason i wouldnt mind nailin' her. now were getting somewhere with this thread. the question isnt whether or not you agree with her mindless propoganda, book selling spew; the real question is: wouldja?

yes. but only once, and only after meeting her in a drunken state (if i didnt know who she was). since i know who she is, no beer would be needed.

3 to be 4
06-17-2006, 11:30 PM
and i cant help getting all gaga when i see Laura Inghram. SHE is hot!

CAH
06-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Ann needed to write that book and I'm glad. Do you hear me?

GLAD GLADGLADGLAD

http://www.starksravings.com/witch/images/witcha4.gif

tony hipchest
06-17-2006, 11:34 PM
http://www.starksravings.com/witch/images/witcha4.gif
wouldja? the witch in this post? the way she is bent over stirring the pot is kinda hot!

tony hipchest
06-17-2006, 11:37 PM
and i cant help getting all gaga when i see Laura Inghram. SHE is hot!

i always loved her on "little house on the prairie" as a kid :sofunny:

(i know....that wasnt laura inghram....it was a joke)

3 to be 4
06-17-2006, 11:38 PM
i had a thing for half pints mom.

CAH
06-17-2006, 11:46 PM
wouldja? the witch in this post? the way she is bent over stirring the pot is kinda hot!
Boy, you are sick it that looks hot to you. :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
06-18-2006, 12:23 AM
Boy, you are sick it that looks hot to you. :rolleyes: i am sick and the couldron is on fire.....

floodcitygirl
06-18-2006, 02:32 AM
now were getting somewhere with this thread. the question isnt whether or not you agree with her mindless propoganda, book selling spew; the real question is: wouldja? Uhhhhh No! So I guess along with all the other mindless people that have put her on the best sellers list....again.....I'll go buy her book instead! (lol) :wink:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
now were getting somewhere with this thread. the question isnt whether or not you agree with her mindless propoganda, book selling spew; the real question is: wouldja?

Uhhhhh No! So I guess along with all the other mindless people that have put her on the best sellers list....again.....I'll go buy her book instead! (lol) :wink:

...and you young lady didnt REALLY answer the question!!??:bouncy:

Suitanim
06-18-2006, 06:02 PM
If you guys haven't already figured it out yet, Carol is the apotheosis of "Toxic Granny".

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/toxicgranny.htm

floodcitygirl
06-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
now were getting somewhere with this thread. the question isnt whether or not you agree with her mindless propoganda, book selling spew; the real question is: wouldja?

...and you young lady didnt REALLY answer the question!!??:bouncy: The question that I read, young sir, was "wouldja?" My response was "Ummmm No!!!" Unless there was another question that I missed, I'd say that pretty much covers it. There's no switch hitting happening here! (lol) :cya:

CAH
06-18-2006, 10:58 PM
If you guys haven't already figured it out yet, Carol is the apotheosis of "Toxic Granny".

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/toxicgranny.htm

Got that right, Suit, so you people watch it. :smoker:

Maidenarcher
06-19-2006, 01:26 PM
C'mon people!!

What she's calling them out for is because these women are using and politicizing the deaths of their spouses way and above the call of duty and that the "left" loves to use the victims of tragic loss in order to carry a political message/agenda for the simple reason that no one will stand up and challenge what they are saying and doing for fear of being labled hateful and mean spirited.

Ann is usually very brash but if you can get over that usually what she says does make some sense.

I definitely agree................

CAH
06-19-2006, 10:29 PM
C'mon people!!

Tell me why when I say that same thing, it sounds better when you do? :hunch:

Hines0wnz
01-08-2007, 11:36 AM

I've heard that crazy wench. She is from Kansas and has called into Adam Corolla's show many times. Even her daughters are all brainwashed and parrot what the mom says. Its funny and sad at the same time.

Hines0wnz
01-08-2007, 11:42 AM

Well said and a good nugget as to why the troops loved Rumsfeld and detest Kerry. :wink02:

Hines0wnz
01-08-2007, 11:48 AM
The best way to deal with a Cindy Sheehan or these 9/11 wives, is to do what my mom taught me when I was 8 years old and kids used to pick on me in school (this is pre-growth spurt btw).

That crackhead is a disgrace to every mom who has lost a son in any war. If I knew my mom would act like after I was killed in battle, I'd have my Last Will and Testament stated to specifically disavow her. Anyway, she has already been exposed as a kook and idiot anyway. She has used her 15 minute of fame up and she cant buy any more with her son's insurance money.