PDA

View Full Version : McFadden lost his job

Fire Arians
09-29-2011, 04:31 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09/william-gay-to-start-again-against-texans/

Looks like he's been healthy for the last couple weeks, but is being benched in favor of Gay, and Lewis in the dime packages. Cortez Allen replaced Lewis on a couple of plays last week instead of McFadden.

Beginning of the end for B-Mac?

Steelersfan87
09-29-2011, 04:35 PM
http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/09/29/mcfadden-as-a-wide-receiver/

However, McFadden will regain his starting position once deemed 100 percent healthy.

“Unless you heard something that I didn’t,” said McFadden when asked if is still the starter when he returns.

“He is healing and once he gets back, that’s his job,” Gay said. “You don’t lose your job to injuries.”

ggoldman
09-29-2011, 04:38 PM
I heard his hamstring flared up right before the Colts game, and he just wants to came back at 100%

Fire Arians
09-29-2011, 04:39 PM
damn. oh well i was getting a little optimistic there that he was being benched cause we found a better solution

btw that whole not losing your job due to injuries is a little bogus. if that was the case ben would have never kept his job over tommy madox

MasterOfPuppets
09-29-2011, 05:34 PM
so there's 2.7 million sitting on the bench ...:doh:

Rick5895
09-29-2011, 06:17 PM
No one could have forseen the injury and he has been a starter. At any rate there will some huge changes next season IMO. Gone will be BMAC, A.Smith(retire), Foote, Farrior (maybe), Moore and perhaps a retirement from Hines.

Atlanta Dan
09-29-2011, 06:31 PM
so there's 2.7 million sitting on the bench ...:doh:

A relative bargain compared to having $5 million getting run over at left defensive end

harrison'samonster
09-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I also doubt that an NFL players job is safe when he's injured. Think of Fast Willie too, and I'm sure we could come up with lots of players who lost their job because of injury

Steel4ever95
09-29-2011, 08:32 PM
No one could have forseen the injury and he has been a starter. At any rate there will some huge changes next season IMO. Gone will be BMAC, A.Smith(retire), Foote, Farrior (maybe), Moore and perhaps a retirement from Hines.

I'm thinking your right on with the changes coming next year. After last year I was hoping McFadden would have already been released. I like Foote filling in as a substitution type player, and yeah I think Farrior is gone next year whether he retires or is released. If McFadden is gone next year, it would be nice to see a little competition in camp for the starting CB spot, lets see what the young guns we drafted this year have to offer.

ricardisimo
09-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Curtis Brown was not activated for the Baltimore game, but he has been a substitution these past two. That's promising for the future.

Gay is better than McFadden. I think even the Gay-bashers understand that.

Pa Yankee
09-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Curtis Brown was not activated for the Baltimore game, but he has been a substitution these past two. That's promising for the future.

Gay is better than McFadden. I think even the Gay-bashers understand that.

About the same at this point. Hopefully McFadden comes back.

Third Rail
09-30-2011, 12:06 PM
This is like the Great Derek Anderson/Brady Quinn Quarterback Controversy in Cleveland from a few years ago.