PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Seen or Read Da Vinci Code?

Lyn
06-07-2006, 10:05 PM
It seems like this was on here at one time but I cannot find it. I just returned from the movie and was wondering others' views on it.

Steelersfan
06-07-2006, 11:02 PM
I haven't seen the movie or read it but I did watch something about it on the history channel (I think). It's interesting but I don't think it is the truth.

3 to be 4
06-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Its a terrific little story. Nothing is based on anything real, but its a nice read.

the problem is Dan Brown saying its historically accurate. Id hate to have people base their relationship to faith based on Dan Browns talent as an author.

Ohio Steeler
06-08-2006, 01:28 AM
going to see it this weekend and cant wait

Lyn
06-08-2006, 07:37 AM
I saw the movie and really wish I had read the book first. The movie is breathtaking and absolutely awesome. The ending was weak but then again good movies really do not have an ending.....they have a sequel. I say weak because my daughter and I came out with different versions of how it ended LOL.

As far as taking it literallly, I would hope one can seperate entertainment value from the bible. It was simply one man's opinion and it was a very good movie. I hear the book is a fast read and a real page turner. I probably will get the book.....nothing like doing it backwards:)

shimmysteelerfan
06-08-2006, 09:51 AM
i would say read the book, you get alot more from it. As for the ending it was weak, i dont know about other people but when i watched the ending i was very disapointed with ron howards take on it, he could have done a much better job with it. Now they need to make a movie out of Angels and Demons, that book blows Da Vinci Code out of the water. One thing i have noticed about Dan Browns' books, is they have the same plot, just a different story line. They are all good though.

Lyn
06-08-2006, 11:11 AM
i would say read the book, you get alot more from it. As for the ending it was weak, i dont know about other people but when i watched the ending i was very disapointed with ron howards take on it, he could have done a much better job with it. Now they need to make a movie out of Angels and Demons, that book blows Da Vinci Code out of the water. One thing i have noticed about Dan Browns' books, is they have the same plot, just a different story line. They are all good though.

I have heard many good things about Angels & Demons. If a movie comes out based on that book, I will make a point to read it before seeing the movie.