PDA

View Full Version : Fearsome Ravens? Doubtful...

Busfan36
06-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Espn.com seems to be quite taken with how the Ravens will now make the playoffs after acquiring Mcnair this offseason. I think that will be asking a bit much for a team sharing the division with not only the superbowl champions, but also the Bengals who actually won the division title last year.

The Ravens had better do really well outside the division, because I don't see them picking up much within.

OX1947
06-08-2006, 12:37 AM
BSPN, Fox, writers, EVERY single year the last 4 years have picked the Ravens to win the division. I do not know why the hard on for the Ravens but the Ravens will do two things this year. Beat us once and then suck the rest of the season. The ravens remind me alot of the Jags when they were in our division. They had one good year, and they have the name guys, beat us once always, but would choke anywhere else. Ravens will go 7-9 at best and then next year at this time, they'll sign another fossil and they'll pick them to win the Super Bowl.....

Steelersfan
06-08-2006, 12:46 AM
I actually would have picked the Browns to beat the Ravens out for third place in the division. But now that the Ravens signed McNair I will predict they take third place. 7-9 is a pretty good record for them.

Suitanim
06-08-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't know anything about the playoffs, but I bet the team single-handedly pushes the stock of "Geritol" up a point or two next season.

SteelerFanInCA
06-08-2006, 11:55 AM
If Steve McNair can stay healthy and finish the season in one piece, it could mean the difference between 3rd & 4th place in the division. I just can't see that guy playing a whole season injury free with the division he is now in.

Haiku_Dirtt
06-08-2006, 02:21 PM
If Steve McNair can stay healthy and finish the season in one piece, it could mean the difference between 3rd & 4th place in the division. I just can't see that guy playing a whole season injury free with the division he is now in.

Agree! Ogden isn't getting any younger. Their O-line will have alot of work to do.

SteelCityMan786
06-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Espn.com seems to be quite taken with how the Ravens will now make the playoffs after acquiring Mcnair this offseason. I think that will be asking a bit much for a team sharing the division with not only the superbowl champions, but also the Bengals who actually won the division title last year.

The Ravens had better do really well outside the division, because I don't see them picking up much within.

In the words of Lee Corso...NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND. Steve McNair is Past his prime. The Ratbirds did not help themselves at all. The titains are the winners in this deal because they get a draft pick for someone younger that will be better than McNair is right now. So Baltimore get comfortable in the 3rd place or basement spot. the AFC North is the Steelers and Bungals division now.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Great,they got McNair.By week 8 he'll be in a body cast.

clevestinks
06-08-2006, 05:48 PM
To everyone who answered DOUBTFUL! I agree!

83-Steelers-43
06-08-2006, 05:50 PM
"McNair hikes the ball, he goes back....Troy Polamalu on the blitz!!!......he hits McNair!!!...Oh my god ladies and gentlemen, Steve McNair has exploded into a clowd of dust!!!".....The humanity!!!"

RoethlisBURGHer
06-08-2006, 05:58 PM
"McNair hikes the ball, he goes back....Troy Polamalu on the blitz!!!......he hits McNair!!!...Oh my god ladies and gentlemen, Steve McNair has exploded into a clowd of dust!!!".....The humanity!!!"

:sofunny: :bouncy: :sofunny: :bouncy: