10-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Come on guys! This is for the game!

Mattrl42
Interesting what theyll do now.

lipps83
This team is very bad.

I don't know if there is a fix at this time. Finding some OL players hiding in the locker room or selling beers at the stadium might be our only option at this point.

The oline is not the only problem, it has just compounded the problem.

You have a QB that is indecisive and looks for the 'big' play fairly consistently instead of going with a 'not as sexy' safer play.

You have an OC that, for whatever reason, has a majority of the play book taking way to long to develop and is not tailored to the personnel. Not to mention has abandoned the fullback position completely (minus a couple plays today that worked!) and has some of the worst drawn up running plays I have ever seen in my life.

All of this together, and well, you have the Pittsburgh Steelers offense.

SH-Rock
Amazing call Kubiak.

therocksteeler
10-02-2011, 03:51 PM
STEELER'S STAFF PARKING LOT REPORT!!!

Bruce ya gunna need a tow truck when you get off the team bus!

stb_steeler
Time to neglect this offensive line for another 2 seasons, right? My God is this the worst I've ever seen them. This tops '06 and '09. We're a very bad football team and the whole offensive line is the whole entire reasoning.

How we're down by 7 I don't know.

We can always look forward to scrapping the bottom with the bungholes

casteeler
ATTN: All homers With your eyes closed, this offensive line needs to be dismissed anyone critical of the fans who are upset with our offense start paying attention to the game or don't post.

NYC_Steeler
10-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Damn! Downed at the 1.

Kanata-Steeler
Steelers "D" is unbelievable ppl !
It is the best in the world.
But our "O is almost the worst. Wake de' ____-up "O" !

NCBlackWolf
Time to neglect this offensive line for another 2 seasons, right? My God is this the worst I've ever seen them. This tops '06 and '09. We're a very bad football team and the whole offensive line is the whole entire reasoning.

How we're down by 7 I don't know.

If the Texans were very good, we would be down by more.

SteeleReign
Okay...99 yard drive...let's do this!!

SH-Rock
Amazing...Time for that one trick pony

SteelCityMom
Hate this game...but that was a REAL nice play to keep the ball out of the EZ. Props to him.

Mattrl42
OMG. Thats just completed shit!

NYC_Steeler
Safety coming up.

jking
only 99 yards to tie thegame

SteelMusic
10-02-2011, 03:53 PM

You have a QB that is indecisive and looks for the 'big' play fairly consistently instead of going with a 'not as sexy' safer play.

You have an OC that, for whatever reason, has a majority of the play book taking way to long to develop and is not tailored to the personnel. Not to mention has abandoned the fullback position completely (minus a couple plays today that worked!) and has some of the worst drawn up running plays I have ever seen in my life.

QFT! I wonder if the O line is as bad as they are made to look sometimes. Being predictable is a mofo!

MACH1
the cherry on top

NYC_Steeler
No, make that an interception.

DoctorCAD

Good points, but Ben is so indecisive because of the line.

He's scared shitless on EVERY play. The "big" play worked for Ben for many years.

SteelCityMom
ATTN: All homers With your eyes closed, this offensive line needs to be dismissed anyone critical of the fans who are upset with our offense start paying attention to the game or don't post.

And who should they dismiss them for? Lol.

I'll agree that they neglected the OL in drafting...but what are they supposed to do right now?

Kanata-Steeler
Go Go Oline!

You must have been joking right ?
:rofl:

SteeleReign
whew...another break!!!!

Mattrl42
Thank god for the foul. Two major fouls this game has.

NYC_Steeler
Another penalty saves the Steelers!! WOW!!

isunormalil
10-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Bull crup hit on Ben. That's bull!

jking
houston wants to keep us in it

fortmemphis
I mean, they had to call that. He hit his knee

NYC_Steeler
Nice catch by Brown. Ben is in bad shape.

SteelCityMom
I don't care how much some of you put this team down. Toughest QB in the game dammit.

NYC_Steeler
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
REDMAN!!!

SteeleReign
I don't care how much some of you put this team down. Toughest QB in the game dammit.

Agreed.

NYC_Steeler
If this were Marcia Brady, he'd be in traction right now.

SH-Rock
Come on Wallace!

Mattrl42
Taking too much time. Should have tried to a bit more to the left, so you can run out of bounds

DoctorCAD
OK, so the bad TO calls will come back to bite us...

NYC_Steeler
10-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Interception - game over.

Lokki

Truth.

lipps83
Agreed.

It's not about putting the team down, it's about being honest.

SteeleReign
Oh well. Ben gave it a hell of an effort.

Kanata-Steeler
#$$!!!@#!
ahh well.

SteelCityMom
Well...that was a nice attempt. Game over. Better luck next week!

Mattrl42
Horrible :(

SteeleReign
10-02-2011, 03:57 PM
It's not about putting the team down, it's about being honest.

Huh? Not sure what you mean.

Rick5895
10-02-2011, 03:57 PM
No catches for Wallace in the second half. Why ?

NYC_Steeler
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
If Ben had a decent O-line, he would be one of the if not the best QBs in the league. It's such a shame the FO bet the house on defense and never improved the O-line.

SteeleReign
10-02-2011, 03:59 PM
No catches for Wallace in the second half. Why ?

Because Ben didn't have time to throw deep....or short...

therocksteeler

:iagree: I hear ya mom!!!!!

ZoneBlitzer
And there's Ben's one INT per game fulfilled.

NYC_Steeler
Well, now to become a Raiders fan - hoping they totally thrash Marcia Brady & Co.

Mattrl42
10-02-2011, 04:00 PM
I dont feel that bad, the Texans should have been up by 3 td's but still, we can do much better than that.

Raw Steel
Didn't really matter, now...did it???

You have to be careful when you are using timeouts in the second half, especially when you are trailing . No reason to call one on a 1st and 15. Run a quarterback sneak and take 2nd and 14.

SteeleReign
And there's Ben's one INT per game fulfilled.

Can't really put that one on Ben though.

NYC_Steeler
Go Bills!

Bayz101
Offensive line, once again, didn't show up. Only this time we couldn't come out ahead. That offensive line is absolutely terrible, and Ben will be injured badly if it doesn't improve. It doesn't help that people are diving at his knees. Jesus. #99 did it in the endzone.

jking
Redman "our offensive line needs to gel" at least someone sees a major problem

NYC_Steeler
10-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I dont feel that bad, the Texans should have been up by 3 td's but still, we can do much better than that.

Too many dumb penalties, otherwise it would've been a blowout.

rocckbottomxmen
well....15 and 1 is out....but we will rebound...and scmom ur right...not only the toughest but noone i would rather have

Mattrl42
Ravens MUST lose.

SteeleReign
10-02-2011, 04:02 PM

I do. The Texans should have won big, but their own stupid mistakes cost them...it wasn't any thing the Steelers did.

Mattrl42
10-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I find the commentators on the Bengals vs Bills game annoying.

SteelCityMom
Ravens MUST lose.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for tonight. I hate rooting for the Jets...but I'll make the exception. :chuckle:

I didn't have a good feeling going into this season, so that's probably why I'm not shocked or overreacting now...but I really do get the frustration.

jking
Well, now to become a Raiders fan - hoping they totally thrash Marcia Brady & Co.

gotta be a Bills fan first 20-20 Bills Bengals and cinci moving the ball

Mattrl42
10-02-2011, 04:04 PM
"Their going to measure with the stick that are right their on the same side" -CBS commentator

tony hipchest
10-02-2011, 04:07 PM
:flipoff:ATTN: All homers With your eyes closed, this offensive line needs to be dismissed anyone critical of the fans who are upset with our offense start paying attention to the game or don't post.

:flipoff:

im thinking they have as much a right to post as all the capt. obviouses and negative nellies.

its the "sky is falling" crowd who needs to go crawl in a hole. :wave:

Mattrl42
10-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Had a fun game thread with everyone! Cya around the boards!
:tt04:

jking
10-02-2011, 04:08 PM
"not anything mystical" thomlin quote of the day

Steeler4life1972
10-02-2011, 04:20 PM
time for worry...I think our defense will be fine actually its the O line that is catching up with us...neglected for a while now...time for an overhaul this year...8-8 team we are at this point...even though our schedule is relatively weak our offense is gonna struggle against those teams cause teams will send the house every other play!!!

Steeler4life1972
10-02-2011, 04:42 PM
ok im sorry but im listening to steelers radio and I think the announcer is clueless...first of all yes I think the defense needs a lot of blame but he is halfway defending arians! I'm sorry but the play calling on offense is the problem with this O line. You need 3 step drop type passes with this O line cause they cant keep the blockers in check for more than 2 seconds maybe 3 max. You cant call 5-7 step type passes with that O line...im sorry it will not work and Ben will get killed back there...I think Ben has did well today withn what he has...anybody else agree??????

FanSince72
10-02-2011, 04:42 PM
All things considered, I think we still have some good things to look at.

Granted, the O-line is the biggest problem, but I liked what I saw from Redman and Moore today and even the play calling was better on many run plays.

I liked what I saw from Wallace and especially from Brown.

Ben was tough as usual but he got beat up pretty bad - especially towards the end.

All in all, I saw some things that we can build on and if we can just stay healthy on the O-line so that we can develop some consistency, I think we'll be OK.
That doesn't mean that we don't need some major renovations up front, but that can't be done until the offseason, so we just have to make the best of what we have now and I think that CAN be done if we can just keep the same guys in there together long enough to jell.

P.S., if Mendy's hammy is bad enough to keep him out for a while, I don't necessarily think that would be so bad.
I like Redman better anyway and I think that the rotation of Redman / Moore seems to work better than all Mendy.

We'll see...

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 04:44 PM
ok im sorry but im listening to steelers radio and I think the announcer is clueless...first of all yes I think the defense needs a lot of blame but he is halfway defending arians! I'm sorry but the play calling on offense is the problem with this O line. You need 3 step drop type passes with this O line cause they cant keep the blockers in check for more than 2 seconds maybe 3 max. You cant call 5-7 step type passes with that O line...im sorry it will not work and Ben will get killed back there...I think Ben has did well today withn what he has...anybody else agree??????

Oh I agree for sure.

We all know the OL sucks. That's a given. The coaches are not gameplanning for that though (it seems). There's not a lot that can be done with the offense right now. Can't sign any big name free agents, draft is (obviously) already over...yada, yada, yada. Best we can hope for is simplification of the game. And it doesn't seem they've even tried that yet.

Gonna be a long year for sure...but hopefully a lot of lessons will be learned from it.

stb_steeler
10-02-2011, 04:52 PM
All things considered, I think we still have some good things to look at.

Granted, the O-line is the biggest problem, but I liked what I saw from Redman and Moore today and even the play calling was better on many run plays.

I liked what I saw from Wallace and especially from Brown.

Ben was tough as usual but he got beat up pretty bad - especially towards the end.

All in all, I saw some things that we can build on and if we can just stay healthy on the O-line so that we can develop some consistency, I think we'll be OK.
That doesn't mean that we don't need some major renovations up front, but that can't be done until the offseason, so we just have to make the best of what we have now and I think that CAN be done if we can just keep the same guys in there together long enough to jell.

P.S., if Mendy's hammy is bad enough to keep him out for a while, I don't necessarily think that would be so bad.
I like Redman better anyway and I think that the rotation of Redman / Moore seems to work better than all Mendy.

We'll see...

the bad thing is they won't set menenhall that long

Rick5895
10-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Because Ben didn't have time to throw deep....or short...
He had time enough to throw to brown.

Rick5895
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Oh I agree for sure.

We all know the OL sucks. That's a given. The coaches are not gameplanning for that though (it seems). There's not a lot that can be done with the offense right now. Can't sign any big name free agents, draft is (obviously) already over...yada, yada, yada. Best we can hope for is simplification of the game. And it doesn't seem they've even tried that yet.

Gonna be a long year for sure...but hopefully a lot of lessons will be learned from it.

I thought the O Line did a good job in the 3rd quarter, run blocking. We drove the ball down the texans throats to tie the game. Then our idiot play calling by our idiot OC changed things. To hell with what works, lets play backyard football. Arians reminds me of a pop warner coach. Absolutely no continuity with the offense and even with our line problems, continuity and tempo would go a long way to making things alot better.

FanSince72
10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
I thought the O Line did a good job in the 3rd quarter, run blocking. We drove the ball down the texans throats to tie the game. Then our idiot play calling by our idiot OC changed things. To hell with what works, lets play backyard football. Arians reminds me of a pop warner coach. Absolutely no continuity with the offense and even with our line problems, continuity and tempo would go a long way to making things alot better.

I agree.

I think the problem with Arians is that he's one of those guys who has all the levers and switches in front of him and he can't resist playing with them. He doesn't seem to be able to let something that works keep working - he always seems to want to mess with things

I'm not a big fan of the Cowher era, but at least we had an identity back then; the Offense was known for its running game and the Defense was known for its blitzes.
Today, our Defense still has their identity (despite not having its greatest season so far), but our Offense is basically still looking for something it's good at. Another thing about Cowher's teams is that despite his "mnartyball" tag, he was old-school in the sense that if something is working, you keep doing it until someone stops it.

Arians doesn't seem to have the patience for that. He also doesn't seem to be able to decide whether he wants us to be a passing Offense or a running Offense. I think that Ben has a lot to do with this as I'm sure that he's constantly in Arians' ear about passing but someone has to make a decision as to what is going to be our dominant quality and stick with that; whether it's passing or running, it just can't be both.

I really do think that we could be either, but no matter which identity is desired, there has to be a commitment to it and so far I haven't seen that. So I guess I'll just think of it as the "Schizo Offense" until someone decides what they want it to really be.