PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong ?

bhesson2000
10-02-2011, 01:42 PM
What is wrong with the Steelers ????

They look like they don't have a clue?

Ben fumbles constantly, the defense can be walked all over consistently, Hines Ward isn't even a factor and is just running around doing nothing and the team is generally just a mess.

If they go 8-8, I'd be surprised the way they look to date. The Texans are handling thme their arz as I speak ???

Are they reaching the tipping point of age and just not very good anymore?

I miss my old Steelers, I can't even stand to watch this mess called the 2011 Steelers.

Goldsteel86
10-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I'll tell you what's wrong, no heart, the Defense has no confidence in the Offense, that makes things worse. Fact of the matter is, the Steelers were counting on the "Lockout" so little time, they have the mentality that everyone should fear them because they were in the SB last year. Lets face it, Mendenhall runs like Franco did at the end of his career, the O-Line can't hold a block that alone open up a hole, when did you ever see the Steelers fall like flies??? When did you ever see a running back shred this defense like this???

bhesson2000
10-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Yea it looks like we're in for about 5 years or more to rebuild this mess. They got old quick and won't be seeing any playoffs or much of anything else for years.

Man I hate this because I LOVE this franchise so much, but it is what it is.

Cleveland and Baltimore got younger and the Steelers just walked into camp with big heads thinking they'd just be great again and what we're seeing is smelly stinking losers on the field.

The Steelers look and smell like the Bengals

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Wow....go overboard much lol.

I don't know how long you've been a fan of the Steelers, but MOST fans by now understand that for every spectacular season, there's going to be lackluster ones.

Don't jump off the bridge too soon though. This franchise is solid and will put another spectacular team on the field and you'll being singing their praises in no time.

All part of the fun of being a sports fan!

bhesson2000
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Do you have a TV? If so, watch the game and tell me how bad this mess is !!!!

They're over the hill and have no defense, special teams or an offense.

It will take years to rebuild this mess. Man I hate this !!!

55BaileyFan
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
They do look lost, they don't seem to really care. The defense looks slow and I can't help but think some of those "big contract" players should have just been let go. They seem to be holding on to the past and not moving on...I am depressed, this season doesn't look good at all.

ZoneBlitzer
10-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I'll tell you what's wrong, no heart, the Defense has no confidence in the Offense, that makes things worse. Fact of the matter is, the Steelers were counting on the "Lockout" so little time, they have the mentality that everyone should fear them because they were in the SB last year. Lets face it, Mendenhall runs like Franco did at the end of his career, the O-Line can't hold a block that alone open up a hole, when did you ever see the Steelers fall like flies??? When did you ever see a running back shred this defense like this???

Spot on. D is getting absolutely shredded. Offense is beyond pathetic.

DanRooney
10-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Man the left side of our defensive line is putrid. Smith and Woodley have been awful. Foster has been running through that side with ease.

The left side of our offensive line can is similar. Kemoeatu has returned to his fat lethargic ways and Essex is plain vomit.

casteeler
10-02-2011, 02:32 PM
^^^ I've been a Steeler fan for almost 20 yrs and I don't remember problems on offense and defense ignored to this extent. The o-line is GARBAGE and the defense cannot stop the run! Dick had better has a great speech in mind because the only players showing up on D is Troy and Taylor

55BaileyFan
10-02-2011, 02:37 PM
^^^ I've been a Steeler fan for almost 20 yrs and I don't remember problems on offense and defense ignored to this extent. The o-line is GARBAGE and the defense cannot stop the run! Dick had better has a great speech in mind because the only players showing up on D is Troy and Taylor

You are not kidding, in twenty plus years I don't remember a team this bad. That is counting our down years as well, they are just playing so bad. The team plays 50+ million to three LB and a S; 100 million to a QB and now they are worried about Wallace? I would be worried about spending those millions on OL.

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Really? You guys don't remember Tomzcak and Stewart?

You guys must have erased the "down years" from your memory. 2006 even? :noidea:

Goldsteel86
10-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Blocked Kick???? Really, ladies and gents its time to admit it will be a long season. If you think back to last year this Texans team would have been done at the half. The Steelers offense has become Ben to Wallace, this is absolutely pathetic. When, I have to empasize, when, with all the weapons and talent we have does this end??? Aaron Smith is done, its time for some youth, I believe all of you would agree, we as Steeler nation would take the "pain" of seeing some youth get some experience if not start. Its been past time, why waste two #1 draft picks if they are not going to play. I love Dick Lebeau as much as anyone else, but at the end of the day it is time to admit, the game has certainly caught up with Dick. That being said, the game has long passed by Arians!!!!!!

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Do you have a TV? If so, watch the game and tell me how bad this mess is !!!!

They're over the hill and have no defense, special teams or an offense.

It will take years to rebuild this mess. Man I hate this !!!

I have a TV, but use my PC to watch games.

Yes, there are problems...but come on off down the ledge lol. They're not going to the SB every year, just so you know.

This year sucks...but if you've been a fan for any amount of time, you'll realize that there are more up years than down years, but the down year DO happen. Just gotta go with the flow and stop trying to slit your wrists when they lose.

It's not going to take years to "rebuild this mess". You're just overreacting.

effyou515
10-02-2011, 02:51 PM

week one. Ray Rice.:mad:

bhesson2000
10-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Go Steelers !!

Now if our pathetic defense can hold the Texans off, we have a chance but they haven't done that the whole game. We'll see but if the first qtr is any guage, we're doomed.

If the Texans move right down the field and score, this game is over.

Steeldude
10-02-2011, 02:57 PM
What is wrong with the Steelers ????

They look like they don't have a clue?

Ben fumbles constantly, the defense can be walked all over consistently, Hines Ward isn't even a factor and is just running around doing nothing and the team is generally just a mess.

If they go 8-8, I'd be surprised the way they look to date. The Texans are handling thme their arz as I speak ???

Are they reaching the tipping point of age and just not very good anymore?

I miss my old Steelers, I can't even stand to watch this mess called the 2011 Steelers.

age, poor talent and poor coaching. the rah-rah fans will say how great the steelers are, but they always say that because they possess no independent thoughts.

they took too long to address the O-line. the steelers seem content with journeymen and low draft picks to make up their O-line.

bhesson2000
10-02-2011, 02:58 PM
"week one. Ray Rice"

Yea you're right but the Ravens are so superior to the Steelers this year, we have no chance to be honest.

Or I could lie and say the Steelers are superior but the facts are the Steelers got old and did nothing in the offseason and the Ravens got young and hungry like the Browns.

I hate this but my Steelers are a bunch of over the hill old men who will be lucky to even playing football for any team in 2012

effyou515
10-02-2011, 03:00 PM
l think a lot of veterans will be gone after this year.

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 03:02 PM
age, poor talent and poor coaching. the rah-rah fans will say how great the steelers are, but they always say that because they possess no independent thoughts.

they took too long to address the O-line. the steelers seem content with journeymen and low draft picks to make up their O-line.

The "rah rah fans" could say the same thing about your assessment as well though. You are the constant critic, and it doesn't take much independent thought for that either. Like we don't already know the OL problems haven't been addressed properly?

I just get tired of year after year, the panic fans coming in and acting like the world is going to come to an end if the Steelers lose, or don't perform how they feel they should perform.

There is a middle ground, and that middle ground is the Steelers franchise (since the early 70's) has been more successful than unsuccessful. There are going to be great years, and lean years. This is obviously a lean year (as most after a SB are). There needs to be personnel changes...but I feel they will be addressed. I've got faith in this team and FO. I don't see any reason to feel otherwise (overall).

jrebb
10-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Listen, we have alot of older players whom ARE slowing down and whose bodies have taken a BEATING over the years, i think this fact has contributed to alot of the morale loss and confidence of both offensive and defensive lines.

that being said, we do have a group of new young recruits including Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Ect. it may be another year or two before the new and the old get their "mesh" together and start looking like the Steelers we all know!

aside from all this, they are still the Pittsburgh Steelers! and we are their FANS!!

good games, bad games, unexplainable losses. it does not matter. we are not fans because we win or lose, we are fans because of the feeling the team, franchise, and experience we get from Pittsburgh football!!

on another not, i dont like to get technical, but if Ben keeps giving away 10-21 points a game, it will be a rough season no matter who we play,

but regardless, I bleed Black and Gold!! and any real fan should feel the same way instead of contant complaints and lost hope. if we have an 8-8 season, so be it!
hell if we have a 2-14 season, so be it. They are still the steelers and still the team i LOVE!!!

so quit downplaying the situation, root the team on and enjoy the game!! your negative comments arent doing anything good for the team, so be positive and take it for what it is!!

NOW LETS WATCH THE REST OF THE GAME!!!!

(nice run mendenhall!)

jrebb
10-02-2011, 03:09 PM
P>S> looking for a tailgate at the OCT 9 gave VS. Titans...info please!

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 03:13 PM
P>S> looking for a tailgate at the OCT 9 gave VS. Titans...info please!

You'll be better off browsing and posting in this section of the forum.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

We have a couple members who have regular tailgates that they invite other members too...you'll have to check with them to see where they'll be.

jrebb
10-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Thank you much

Goldsteel86
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Wow awesome post, however, did you like alot of us take it in the gut after the SB loss, did you feel the empty feeling after the SB loss to the Cowboys years ago???? Fact of the matter is, we all love the Steelers, we want a win on every Sunday, however, we will not accept a loss easily, being manhandled easily, you can downplay it in your mind, but we cannot and will not accept medocrisy, no matter how you spin it!!!

Goldsteel86
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Is it fair to say, 141 yards rushing, it is going to be a long season?? Lets be real, this defense needs a strong offense, so far this season, such a disappointment!!!!!

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Wow awesome post, however, did you like alot of us take it in the gut after the SB loss, did you feel the empty feeling after the SB loss to the Cowboys years ago???? Fact of the matter is, we all love the Steelers, we want a win on every Sunday, however, we will not accept a loss easily, being manhandled easily, you can downplay it in your mind, but we cannot and will not accept medocrisy, no matter how you spin it!!!

I felt more empty after the Cowboys SB loss than I did GB. That's not to say I wasn't pissed or let down after last year...but it was worse for me in '95.

I understand that "mediocrity doesn't cut it"...but it's not downplaying in my mind. It's just accepting reality. The reality is, they are not going to be powerhouses and SB contenders every year. It's not spin...it's reality. It's part of the fun of being a sports fan though (and a sports fan of such a successful franchise). It's rarely going to be perfect...but just take it for what it is. A game.

bhesson2000
10-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Abd now if you're watching the Texans game you see just how bad this Steerlers mess really is.

Watch for the Texans defense to dial it up on Ben and more fumbling bungling by Ben Big Head Rothybergs in the 4 th qtr on the way to a Steelers loss to maytch the other 8 or more losses this year.

I see 5 or more years of rebuilding and they'll stink up the joint for 5 or more years

jrebb
10-02-2011, 03:24 PM
of course we feel the pain of the loss and think about what and or who we can change to make it better for the next time around, but its just like life. If you lose your job because of something you did wrong, are you gonna mope around and get yourslf down about it all day and night, or are you gonna turn it into something positive and work with what you got to make it to the next day. and use it to make your next job more secure.

i dont decline anything that has been posted, it just errkss me that everyone is complaining about the low confidence of the players and playing down our team. the team is nothing once the fans lose hope and talk down on their own team like that. its gonna take coaching changes, administrative actions, and the fans to keep this team alive,

so lets do our part and not downplay our Steelers, boost em up and show them they havent lost us. they will come around!

bhesson2000
10-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Oh My God, Hiney the Old Man got his clock rung ...

bhesson2000
10-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Bye Bye Steelers, you're just a bunch of over the hill loser old men lead by Troy, Ben and Hiney ...

jrebb
10-02-2011, 03:27 PM
It ain't over till its over!

and this season is just getting under way

all i hear is more and more negative :blah: and not enough :tt03:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Abd now if you're watching the Texans game you see just how bad this Steerlers mess really is.

Watch for the Texans defense to dial it up on Ben and more fumbling bungling by Ben Big Head Rothybergs in the 4 th qtr on the way to a Steelers loss to maytch the other 8 or more losses this year.

I see 5 or more years of rebuilding and they'll stink up the joint for 5 or more years

Honestly? I've seen worse.

You need to put the booze down though...a bit early isn't it? :chuckle:

5 more years of rebuilding? The year after a SB? LMAO! Ok man...if you say so. I think you are seriously drunk, or just enjoy overreacting. Sorry if that offends you, but you're 5 year theory is complete BS to me. I've seen worse Steelers teams go through shorter "rebuilding" times...so I don't see how you come to that conclusion.

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 03:29 PM
It ain't over till its over!

and this season is just getting under way

all i hear is more and more negative :blah: and not enough :tt03:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Thank you! I know there are problems this season...but some just act like this is the end of times lol.

jrebb
10-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Texans forced to punt!!! we are still in this one

jrebb
10-02-2011, 03:31 PM
when the game is over and your thirty pack is gone, you can just turn off the computer, cause IMHO, your negative chants are really annoying,..

are you wearing a ravens jersey??

Goldsteel86
10-02-2011, 03:32 PM
of course we feel the pain of the loss and think about what and or who we can change to make it better for the next time around, but its just like life. If you lose your job because of something you did wrong, are you gonna mope around and get yourslf down about it all day and night, or are you gonna turn it into something positive and work with what you got to make it to the next day. and use it to make your next job more secure.

i dont decline anything that has been posted, it just errkss me that everyone is complaining about the low confidence of the players and playing down our team. the team is nothing once the fans lose hope and talk down on their own team like that. its gonna take coaching changes, administrative actions, and the fans to keep this team alive,

so lets do our part and not downplay our Steelers, boost em up and show them they havent lost us. they will come around!

I believe people are only stating facts, see it as you will,but if you are watching the same game we are then all the posts should be obvious. We all love the Steelers that's why we are here, fact of the matter is, we are tired of seeing the same B.S. week in and weekout from this high powered offense, not to mention a defense that was once feared!!! Time for reality, all hopes week by week shouldn't be hopes, they should be reality!!!!

jrebb
10-02-2011, 03:37 PM
tu che:hatsoff:

Steeldude
10-02-2011, 04:17 PM
The "rah rah fans" could say the same thing about your assessment as well though. You are the constant critic, and it doesn't take much independent thought for that either. Like we don't already know the OL problems haven't been addressed properly?

I just get tired of year after year, the panic fans coming in and acting like the world is going to come to an end if the Steelers lose, or don't perform how they feel they should perform.

There is a middle ground, and that middle ground is the Steelers franchise (since the early 70's) has been more successful than unsuccessful. There are going to be great years, and lean years. This is obviously a lean year (as most after a SB are). There needs to be personnel changes...but I feel they will be addressed. I've got faith in this team and FO. I don't see any reason to feel otherwise (overall).

it takes independent thought not to be a lemming aka rah rah fan. for years on end the rah rah fans have been saying how the O-line/team is just fine and fans cannot disagree. if they do disagree then they should go elsewhere. i have been saying the O-line has been a problem since 2002.

i am not panicking. i expected this. perhaps they will get better as the season goes on, but it doesn't look good.

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 04:25 PM
it takes independent thought not to be a lemming aka rah rah fan. for years on end the rah rah fans have been saying how the O-line/team is just fine and fans cannot disagree. if they do disagree then they should go elsewhere. i have been saying the O-line has been a problem since 2002.

i am not panicking. i expected this. perhaps they will get better as the season goes on, but it doesn't look good.

Honestly, I have no clue where you get the idea that anyone has said that the OL is just fine lol. Nobody will disagree with you on that. You're stating the obvious right there.

Nobody is saying you should go elsewhere either...it's just the panic fans that come here and join up to say how awful the team is in week 2, 3, 4 that tick me off.

EVERYBODY (and I literally mean everybody) knows the weaknesses on offense and defense. It doesn't take much independent though to point those out was my only point.