PDA

View Full Version : Conscientious Objector or Coward?

Suitanim
06-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Because he SIGNED UP after the War started, and he JUST now has decided that he's against the War, I say coward, and he's a shameful disgrace to all the brave young men and women who ALSO DIDN'T WANT TO GO, BUT DID!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13190993/

Officer says he won’t fight in ‘unlawful’ Iraq war

Lieutenant faces court-martial if Army rejects resignation request

beSteelmyheart
06-08-2006, 04:22 PM
I saw that on Tv & was ranting to my fiancee about it.
All loyalties to the prez & the USA aside, who the hell is he to say what's right or wrong?
The minute that he was inducted into the military, he became property of the US government.
I guess the oath that he took is wrong. too...

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."

POS. Court martial him.

SteelerDan43
06-08-2006, 04:37 PM
You can be a conscientious objector but it isnt going to matter, they dont care, you signed up, your going. You are no longer a name you are a number.

Hammer67
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
The guy joined AFTER THE WAR!!!:dang:

besides that, it would be anarchy for people in the military to pick and chose their wars. That's not what being a soldier is about. You need to obey orders. If you have serious issues with war or feel that you might, don't sign up and go be an accountant or something. For every war there is someone who thought it wasn't just.

Even one Congresswoman voted against going to war with Japan after Pearl Harbor....

Suitanim
06-09-2006, 08:28 AM
I agree with all of the above...if you are drafted or somehow otherwise conscripted against your will into the military, than you have the right (although it's important to note that the same right was derived from those serving in our military) to object to serving.

If the punishment for this guy isn't swift and severe, then what's to stop scads of kids from signing up to get the bonuses and college money without actually holding up their end of the bargain?

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Because he SIGNED UP after the War started, and he JUST now has decided that he's against the War, I say coward, and he's a shameful disgrace to all the brave young men and women who ALSO DIDN'T WANT TO GO, BUT DID!

[
Officer says he won’t fight in ‘unlawful’ Iraq war

Lieutenant faces court-martial if Army rejects resignation request

Okay...from those of us who have served....

Here is the Oath of Alligiance and is why this guy is a "Tool" of the first order..a Liar ..and a Coward...

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

NO WIGGLE ROOM THERE BUTTCLOWN!! I guess its only okay for OTHERS to put themselves in harms way!!

DIESELMAN
06-09-2006, 11:07 AM

Here is the Oath of Alligiance and is why this guy is a "Tool" of the first order..a Liar ..and a Coward...

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

NO WIGGLE ROOM THERE BUTTCLOWN!! I guess its only okay for OTHERS to put themselves in harms way!!

I remember those words very well. Any one who joins the military with a war going on and then decides he doesn't want to go in my book is a PUSSIFIED COWARD and should be put in front of a firing squad!!!!!

Steelersfan
06-09-2006, 11:09 AM

That pretty much sums it up. The guy is a dumbass if you ask me. He signed up after the war started so he knew what he was getting into.
And Suit, I think you will find that guys that leave the service will not get any of the money for college but I could be wrong.