PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Roethlisberger injures foot, leaves stadium in boot

Atlanta Dan
10-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Ben Roethlisberger's left foot was injured during the fourth quarter of the Steelers' 17-10 loss today.

The foot was x-rayed after the game, but it was not immediately known whether there was a break or not. Roethlisberger said he was injured on the next-to-last series of the game and that his foot felt sore afterward. He said if there is a break, he would try to play through it as he did last season when he played through a broken bone in his right foot.

An hour after the game ended, Roethlisberger said he did not know whether the foot was broken or not.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11275/1179290-66.stm

If Ben misses games the season is screwed

MACH1
10-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Drama Queen.

I thought maybe it was his knee that was messed up.

OX1947
10-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Might be better off to have a less then steller season, maybe we can get a top 10 pick and get an all pro left tackle. With mendenhall going into his last year, steelers will also be looking for a new RB. Reciever corp is perfect, Big ben is in his prime and the defense will have some young guys fill in next year with some experience once the old guys retire or are released. They organization tried to give this crew another year, it just wasn't meant to be. They looked tired. That is why it was so important to win that damn game in February, then the losses this year wouldnt hurt as much.

tony hipchest
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
i am convinced his knees are made of rubber.

i hope it does come out that he doesnt have a broken foot so i can hear all the drama queen talk, how he embelishes injurys, and gives false reports to the media.:rolleyes:

FWIW bill cowher says his toes are not broken and his temperature is fine.

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Drama queen my ass. I'd love to see Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc...play the game with that kind of injury.

I stand by my statement. Toughest QB (today) to play the game. And he could have gone toe to toe with some of the greats.

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 05:01 PM
So what. We are cooked anyways. If not a broken foot, he'll get a torn ACL at this rate. Effin' O-line and effin' play calling.

We better start getting ready to see a Batch/Dixon combo in the next few games.

Sure - we'll win at home against Titans - but who effing cares. This season is gone.

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Steelers' Roethlisberger injures foot, leaves stadium in boot
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822c25bb/article/steelers-roethlisberger-injures-foot-leaves-stadium-in-boot?module=HP11_headline_stack

Adding insult to injury, the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) were hit with a bevy of injuries during Sunday's 17-10 loss (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011100202/2011/REG4/steelers@texans) to the Houston Texans (http://www.nfl.com/teams/houstontexans/profile?team=HOU).

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberger/profile?id=ROE750381) would undergo X-rays on his injured left foot. Roethlisberger, who was wearing a walking boot when he left the stadium, said he didn't know the results of the tests.

Roethlisberger said he was injured on the second-to-last series of the game when he was tackled from behind. He remained in the game but had trouble walking afterward in the locker room. He was sacked five times Sunday, hit several other times and hurried throughout the day behind an injury-plagued offensive line.

Tomlin said linebacker James Harrison, who left the game during the second quarter (http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d822c00b4) with a right eye injury, experienced double vision but did return to the game. He will undergo further testing, according to Tomlin. Defensive end Aaron Smith (mid-foot sprain) and linebacker Jason Worilds (http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonworilds/profile?id=WOR401085) (left quadriceps) were also injured.

ggoldman
10-02-2011, 05:03 PM
The season will be gone if we drop the next two @ home

Third Rail
10-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Drama queen. Yeah. I swear, Roethlisberger could get killed on the field and then come back from the dead to play the following week, and some of you would still be calling him soft.

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 05:13 PM
If I'm Tomlin I'd use the Willie Parker approach to the slew of recent injuries to Smith and Mendy - time to see some other guys take advantage and even a starting spot away

Here's to more of Hood/Heyward/Redman

tony hipchest
10-02-2011, 05:29 PM
i think some people are missing sarcasm in this thread.

MACH1
10-02-2011, 05:33 PM
http://www.tektonics.org/lp/sarcasm.jpg

therocksteeler
10-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Drama queen my ass. I'd love to see Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc...play the game with that kind of injury.

I stand by my statement. Toughest QB (today) to play the game. And he could have gone toe to toe with some of the greats.

He He You Go! :rofl::iagree:

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Heck - might as throw in our hat for the Andrew Luck lottery.

55BaileyFan
10-02-2011, 05:39 PM
That line is gonna get Big Ben killed. He may hold onto the ball too long sometime...but that line doesn't protect him the other half of the time...I feel bad for him.

During the game they showed him and he mouthed "they need to get him out of there", wonder which of his lineman he was talking about?

FanSince72
10-02-2011, 05:46 PM

I'll second that!!!

:tt04::tt02::tt03::tt::hatsoff::applaudit:

SteeleReign
10-02-2011, 06:00 PM
That line is gonna get Big Ben killed. He may hold onto the ball too long sometime...but that line doesn't protect him the other half of the time...I feel bad for him.

During the game they showed him and he mouthed "they need to get him out of there", wonder which of his lineman he was talking about?

The options are endless...:chuckle:

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I know - the guy is finally starting to get peeved and rightfully so

Some blame has to go on Pouncey too -he is getting pushed around majorly as well. The whole line is just despicable

3rdandlong
10-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm nit saying Rowthlisberger is faking this injury necessarily, but the man does embellish injuries to get sympathy when things aren't going well for the offense. I'm sure he's fine with this "injury".

Let's face it, Roethlisberger isn't as good as a lot of people like to think he is. I know he has a terrible offensive line, but he still can't handle a blitz.

Arians also doesn't put him in the best position to excel.

Now that the defense is starting to drop off we're really going to see how Ben's success has been the product of a stellar defense for most of his career.

Atlanta Dan
10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Bouchette indicates this may be a problem

The status of Ben Roethlisberger remains unknown as we head into the evening here in Houston. Ben did not know as he climbed onto the plane, his agent did not know and if the Steelers knew, they weren't saying.

However, that left foot injury does not look good and Roethlisbeger did not feel good about it after the game, according to some close to him.

You never know with Ben. He's tough and he's bounced back from all kinds of injuries, motorcycle crashes, etc. He played half of last season with a broken bone in his right foot. But there are breaks, and there are breaks.

Maybe we'll know a little more Monday.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 07:04 PM
If I'm Ben I'd be having some working dinners at home, see following:

1. One dinner with offensive line where he lays it all out - what he expects, what has been happening and what needs to change and then a separate meeting with Pouncey where he tells him he needs him to step up with him and lead the offensive line and whipping them into shape

2. Another dinner with Arians where he lays it all out about the play calling, what he feels is working and what needs to change

3. One meeting with Tomlin where he states he better get some freaking protection for him and the ridiculousness of the situation

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 07:06 PM
4th - if Ben even plays next week - he should be looking for some signal that they can put up an impressive victory against an AFC opponent - if they don't and he is really hurting - he better just do himself a favor and throw in the flag and start thinking about next year. I would not go out on a broken foot like he did last year - this is not the team to lean on in terms of still being able to produce. They just don't have the spark this year to get it done.

frunko1
10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Who is the emergency qb? Batch and Dixon won't survive a game with this line.

Steel4ever95
10-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Knowing the way Ben plays with injuries he will probably throw for 300 plus and 3 td's next week lol. I really dont know how Ben has gone this long without saying something to the offensive line, and I'm not saying he has to call them out and humiliate them (they do that when the step on the field each week) but at least tell them to step it up, so hopefully he can walk out of the stadium. If the Steelers offensive line starts to come together then they can make some noise this year.

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 07:34 PM
So what noise are they making now? I'd say it is a cross between a hound dog, crickets, Justin Bieber and a wet fart (I apologize as the last two sounds are very similar)

Atlanta Dan
10-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Ben Roethlisberger had X-ray taken on his left foot and the Steelers quarterback said he doesn't know if he will be able to play next Sunday against the visiting Tennessee Titans...

It is not the same foot that he sustained a stress fracture in last season.

"If I can be out there I'm going to be out there," Roethlisberger said after the Steelers dropped to 2-2. "If I have to cast it up, we saw I had to do that last year, I cast up my foot for the last half of the year. If we have to do it, I'll do it."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_759870.html

drizze99
10-02-2011, 08:13 PM
This O-Line will get all of our QB's killed. There is no QB on our roster that is tougher than Ben. Batch and Dixon are both pretty fragile. This O-Line couldn't block my grandma if she was rushing. It was so sad to see Ben have ZERO time time today on a lot of our pass plays. Since our running game is non-existent, they are just pinning their ears back and going off.

ZoneBlitzer
10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
File this under inevitable. If he doesn't miss next week he will be missing some time this year guaranteed.

OX1947
10-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Maybe see if they can get Garrard for the minimum if he misses some time.