PDA

View Full Version : Ben's conference call=civil suit

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.twackle.com/sitebar?url=http%3A%2F%2Fespn.go.com%2Fnfl%2Fstory %2F_%2Fid%2F7050049%2Fben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-missed-practice-call-civil-suit-source-says%3Futm_source%3Dtwitterfeed%26utm_medium%3Dtwi tter

Yup - took a chunk of practice time away. Another reason to hate the offense. . .

SteelCityMom
10-02-2011, 06:14 PM
The game wasn't won or lost on Ben's passing...so no.

DanRooney
10-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Ben should file a civil lawsuit on Tomlin for manslaughter with who he's playing at LT.

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Well I'd like to think that at this rate - any time taken away from offense's reps is a negative

Also - good time to bring up Woodley's comments on Trib about how fans thinks that all of a sudden he has to perform a certain way because he got paid when in fact he got paid because of his past achievements and that fans need to understand that and that he doesn't just blitz all the time and has to drop back in coverage more often than other backers. What an excuse

This team is cleary unfocused and believing the past hype.

That is BS. BS Woodley even dares to call out the fans when he has had zero impact on the first quarter of the season.

This team is not making the playoffs. More time with stuff off the field than on it.

DanRooney
10-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Well I'd like to think that at this rate - any time taken away from offense's reps is a negative

Also - good time to bring up Woodley's comments on Trib about how fans thinks that all of a sudden he has to perform a certain way because he got paid when in fact he got paid because of his past achievements and that fans need to understand that and that he doesn't just blitz all the time and has to drop back in coverage more often than other backers. What an excuse

This team is cleary unfocused and believing the past hype.

That is BS. BS Woodley even dares to call out the fans when he has had zero impact on the first quarter of the season.

This team is not making the playoffs. More time with stuff off the field than on it.

I agree with most of this. Still Mill put stats up on Woodley and he usually rushes a lot more than Harrison. I have no idea what he's doing on the field now. He usually gets stood up by every RT imaginable. It's almost like he's playing as another DE and holding his lane for some other LBer to get through.

But I do think its possible that the Steelers make the playoffs. Outside of the Patriots and Ravens, our schedule is very easy. Hell if the Ravens lose tonight, we may still be able to win the division.

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm sure a lot of people get annoyed with me bringing up some old news like the lawsuit things. I just feel the need because IMHO I'm seeing a very bad situation developing with this team.

Aside from the awful protection issues, Ben taking every hit in the book except a machete to the head by Jason Voorhees, and the D getting rushed on like a prisoner bending over to pick up the Irish Spring - they are just flat out disinterested.

Look how much time these guys are spending on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Combine that with recent comments made by Mendenhall, Ben's conference call, Woodley's comments about his contract, the poor play in all facets of the game, what the talkin heads are saying, the injuries that are already piling up - this team is headed for a meltdown.

With the performance they had before this game - the fact that Ben had to leave practice for a call and miss practice time - it is something to note I think. When you see the product on the field - how can as a fan not have an opinion that these guys are anything but ready. Hines says he'll take a W any way they can - even ugly. But when it is butt-ugly - somethings gotta give.