PDA

View Full Version : Farrior...was BAAAAAD

55BaileyFan
10-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Was it just me or was Farrior playing wretched? He really needs to hang it up, Foote came in and was just as bad. They need to let Sly have a shot at the starting MLB job. He is young and fast and very energetic...they need to do something.

QCbeauBlak
10-02-2011, 06:49 PM
On a steelers.com interview he said he was going into this season weighing 225 lbs..

Whodis
10-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Was it just me or was Farrior playing wretched? He really needs to hang it up, Foote came in and was just as bad. They need to let Sly have a shot at the starting MLB job. He is young and fast and very energetic...they need to do something.

when i saw ur topic I though "Don't forget Larry Foote"

It's been all season

steelfury02
10-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Farrior is still playing?

fer522
10-02-2011, 08:01 PM
i have faith that when farrior and woodley return from their injuries our D is gonna get much better :wink:

Steeldude
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM

well you can't expect much from foote. he's been bad since he arrived. what's sly's football IQ like? being young and quick doesn't mean he is going to be good. he probably has no idea how to play in the defense.

i wish the steelers would find an intelligent LB to run the defense. by LB i mean a LB, not a DE changed to a LB. i can't stand DEs converted to LBs.

Wallabeast17
10-02-2011, 08:40 PM
AGREED!!:applaudit:

55BaileyFan
10-02-2011, 08:41 PM
well you can't expect much from foote. he's been bad since he arrived. what's sly's football IQ like? being young and quick doesn't mean he is going to be good. he probably has no idea how to play in the defense.

i wish the steelers would find an intelligent LB to run the defense. by LB i mean a LB, not a DE changed to a LB. i can't stand DEs converted to LBs.

Most of our LB are converted. Woodley and Harrison were DE in college, Porter, Gildon, Haggans and so on. I'm not worried about converted players, my issue is speed and instinct. Sly has that but we will never know how he will react on a field unless he gets on it. With the MLB playing as bad as they are...why not see what he can do. Don't know if he could do much worse.

tony hipchest
10-02-2011, 10:12 PM

.what are you talking about? he was a wiz kid in elementary school, winning the spelling bee twice. he scored a 49 on his wunderlic and has all the potential and upside to be a surgeon or astronaut.

of course i know none of these things to be true, but he looked pretty good in a few preseason game vs other 3rd stringers/collegiate players, who couldnt even make an nfl roster, AND he has 2 clips on youtube where he looks GREAT!

what the hell... throw him in there. its not like he could ever lose contain on a RB slipping out of the backfield and give up a reception over the middle that goes for a long TD.

if he wasnt seen as a downgrade, he woulda already seen the field. i guess at this point he is seen as more of a liability, but atleast he is on twitter every day! :thumbsup::applaudit: thats gotta help.

Pa Yankee
10-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't know what you guys are seeing. I noticed Farrior only got beat on one play. He's not as good as he was but he is still worth keeping at what we pay him.

mashsoccer37
10-02-2011, 10:49 PM
I only noticed him get burned once by Owen Daniels for a 20 yard completion to the TE and another time he got steamrolled in the backfield by Arian Foster trying to tackle him to force 4th down

tony hipchest
10-02-2011, 11:03 PM
fire him! (and who names their kid aryan?)

tanda10506
10-02-2011, 11:46 PM
what are you talking about? he was a wiz kid in elementary school, winning the spelling bee twice. he scored a 49 on his wunderlic and has all the potential and upside to be a surgeon or astronaut.

of course i know none of these things to be true, but he looked pretty good in a few preseason game vs other 3rd stringers/collegiate players, who couldnt even make an nfl roster, AND he has 2 clips on youtube where he looks GREAT!

what the hell... throw him in there. its not like he could ever lose contain on a RB slipping out of the backfield and give up a reception over the middle that goes for a long TD.

if he wasnt seen as a downgrade, he woulda already seen the field. i guess at this point he is seen as more of a liability, but atleast he is on twitter every day! :thumbsup::applaudit: thats gotta help.

You got to stop thinking the coaches are all knowing. There is plenty of common knowledge on this forum that the coaches either dont see or choose to deny. Yes we have a good FO and a good head coach, but they aren't perfect, Tomlin is currently dropping the ball.

tony hipchest
10-02-2011, 11:57 PM
You got to stop thinking the coaches are all knowing. There is plenty of common knowledge on this forum that the coaches either dont see or choose to deny. Yes we have a good FO and a good head coach, but they aren't perfect, Tomlin is currently dropping the ball.

you gotta stop thinking you are all knowing.

stop thinking danclooney is as well. :thumbsup:

i readilly admit the coaches arent all knowing (no coach is) but they are definitely more knowing than some of these retards on the internet.

DanRooney
10-03-2011, 12:35 AM

It's pointless arguing with him. He likes rambling about how he thinks your wrong and the attention he gets when you prove he's delusional.

tony hipchest
10-03-2011, 01:08 AM
"thadeus gibson is an OSU BEAST! its still not too late to sign him and cut farrior!"

:toofunny:

we are pretty much stuck with who we got. you are either with the MMQB camp who wants to play revisionist history, or you are ready to throw in the towel and start preparing for drafting a MLB in next years draft.

or youre kinda normal, and gonna focus on and enjoy the season, and wait and see how it plays out

jtbsteeler
10-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Tomlin is placating to the veterans. Both Foote and Farrior are garbage. Farrior has no desire to sacrifice his body to stop the run this season.

And lamarr Woodley is STEALING $$$$ this season. I told him so on his Facebook page. I hope he reads it.
As usual the reporters who cover the Steelers and are in Tomlin's press conference are scared to ask the tough questions. Tomlin will BS again and hint at changes but wont make any.

Only positive thing right now is that we've played 3 road games already and JOe Flacco will never win a championship.

Fire Arians
10-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Tomlin is placating to the veterans. Both Foote and Farrior are garbage. Farrior has no desire to sacrifice his body to stop the run this season.

And lamarr Woodley is STEALING $$$$ this season. I told him so on his Facebook page. I hope he reads it.
As usual the reporters who cover the Steelers and are in Tomlin's press conference are scared to ask the tough questions. Tomlin will BS again and hint at changes but wont make any.

Only positive thing right now is that we've played 3 road games already and JOe Flacco will never win a championship.

should post this link on his page lol http://www.stillers.com/articles/2662.aspx

skinart82
10-03-2011, 02:40 AM
Honestly, how do the young guys get the experience and smarts to run in this defense if they don't see the field?

Steeldude
10-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Most of our LB are converted. Woodley and Harrison were DE in college, Porter, Gildon, Haggans and so on. I'm not worried about converted players, my issue is speed and instinct. Sly has that but we will never know how he will react on a field unless he gets on it. With the MLB playing as bad as they are...why not see what he can do. Don't know if he could do much worse.

porter was a LB at CSU. i believe harrison was a LB at kent st. woodley was a DE and it shows in his average/poor containment, pursuit and pass coverage.

i'm not against seeing what he can do, but i wouldn't just start him outright. have him take foote's place once in awhile.