PDA

View Full Version : Cutting-edge Pittsburgh

tony hipchest
06-08-2006, 10:40 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/06/07/pittsburgh/index.html

nice cnn.com article. good picture of the church brew works (possibly one of the coolest bars ive ever drank in.) anyone go there? great thing about pittsburgh is if you like to go barhopping to all different kinds of bars, this is your town. especially all the neighborhood bars. i think its omalleys up off of butler st. hambones on butler. gators. loved rosebuds on the strip. a nice patio bar on the island. the hilton

ARKIESTEEL
06-08-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/06/07/pittsburgh/index.html

nice cnn.com article. good picture of the church brew works (possibly one of the coolest bars ive ever drank in.) anyone go there? great thing about pittsburgh is if you like to go barhopping to all different kinds of bars, this is your town. especially all the neighborhood bars. i think its omalleys up off of butler st. hambones on butler. gators. loved rosebuds on the strip. a nice patio bar on the island. the hilton

The Hilton you speak of is it the down town hilton? If so when we ( the wife and ME) come to the miami game that is where we are staying.

tony hipchest
06-08-2006, 02:10 PM
The Hilton you speak of is it the down town hilton? If so when we ( the wife and ME) come to the miami game that is where we are staying. yes its a nice quiet place with good atmosphere (helps to know the bartender too) to have a drink if your out doing nighttime sight seeing. point park, walking the river etc. but its right by the strip too so you have your pick. probably funner to hang out at the strip. but from what ive heard, the hilton has the largest set of revolving doors in the world. i had to see that.

Lyn
06-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Does the bar stay open? The nicest bar I have found as a traveler in Pittsburgh is at the Radisson on Greentree. It is pretty spacious and seems to be open all the time. We (BNGPC) have stayed there when we had our nationwide weekend parties there. We are thiking of the Hilton this year but no plans have been made.. We have also stayed at the Best Western Greentree. Their bar was not open. I think they have hours like from 5pm to 7pm. I prefer Cranberry but not during a club tailgate.

clevestinks
06-08-2006, 02:28 PM
The Church is cool, I really like hanging out at Station Square though, dinner at HardRock then bar hopping

clevestinks
06-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Does the bar stay open? The nicest bar I have found as a traveler in Pittsburgh is at the Radisson on Greentree. It is pretty spacious and seems to be open all the time. We (BNGPC) have stayed there when we had our nationwide weekend parties there. We are thiking of the Hilton this year but no plans have been made.. We have also stayed at the Best Western Greentree. Their bar was not open. I think they have hours like from 5pm to 7pm. I prefer Cranberry but not during a club tailgate.
Greentree is the best location, just out of downtown, but just close enough to be anywhere in minutes. To bad the ChiChi went under

ARKIESTEEL
06-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Maybe when i get into town the night before the miami game i can buy you all a drink

83-Steelers-43
06-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Well, your our guest.....should be the other way around. :cheers:

ARKIESTEEL
06-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, your our guest.....should be the other way around. :cheers:

However it works out you can by the first round and i will get the next 2