PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 Gay Meter: +2

ETL
10-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Gay was not mentioned at all today - during the game on TV nor on the gameday thread. Even though he was not matched up against their #1 (Johnson), their #2 is no slouch in Kevin Walters. So not being mentioned is a good thing.

Overall, he did his job and he was part of a defense that held this high powered offense to 17 points on their field.

If you told me that we would give only 17 points to Houston, I would always take that. This loss was on the offense and their inability to score points. Specifically, the OL is becoming the "William Gay" of this season.

I give Gay a +1 for this game and an overall Gay Meter rating of +2 for the season.

ricardisimo
10-03-2011, 02:55 AM
He only gets +1 for not being mentioned at all? That's cheap. :wink02:

Oh, and for the record, it's not true that he never got mentioned. He got slammed all week long by all the usual folks here on the board.

Buddha Bus
10-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Lewis looked good out there too. If BMac gets his job back when he's healthy, I'm going to kill myself. LIVE WITH THAT ON YOUR CONSCIENCE, TOMLIN! :sofunny:

steelfury02
10-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Like I've said, if I'm Tomlin I'd go with the Willie Parker injury method and let Lewis, Redman, Hood and Heyward stay in to "keep the other guys healthy."

kirklandrules
10-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Gay did well. Lewis seemed to be chasing his receivers a bit. Overall, the secondary wasn't pressured because Houston was running at will. Why throw when you get 6-8 yards a pop running the ball?

JustinM
10-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Gay was not mentioned at all today - during the game on TV nor on the gameday thread. Even though he was not matched up against their #1 (Johnson), their #2 is no slouch in Kevin Walters. So not being mentioned is a good thing.

Overall, he did his job and he was part of a defense that held this high powered offense to 17 points on their field.

If you told me that we would give only 17 points to Houston, I would always take that. This loss was on the offense and their inability to score points. Specifically, the OL is becoming the "William Gay" of this season.

I give Gay a +1 for this game and an overall Gay Meter rating of +2 for the season.

Gay isn't getting exposed as much now because teams are realizing that running the ball on us is a sure fire way to win.

ricardisimo
10-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Gay isn't getting exposed as much now because teams are realizing that running the ball on us is a sure fire way to win.
Anything to avoid admitting that Gay is OK... sometimes good, sometimes bad, but certainly nothing to inspire the sort of vitriol that gets tossed his way here and elsewhere. I get it.

BKAnthem
10-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Truth he looks to be in better position out there, he still plays off but he's not always chasing like he was under Horton...i credit him having a superior position coach