PDA

View Full Version : Ben is not consistant enough

California-Steel
10-02-2011, 10:06 PM
I know we have O lines issues but even when Ben has time to throw it seems that his passes are off an he is not consistant with his accuracy.

I also noticed that our receivers are not use to being HOT on blitzes and it seems that they know Ben will not hit them quick so they don't look for the HOTs or quick hits. I saw Ben try to hit the HOTs today but each time they were not looking.

We need a new offensive coordinator to work witht this offense and build a rhythm type passing attack. We don't have it and we look really out of sync when we try to do it. Ben's passes are either way out in front or way behind when we try to do a 3 step drop type pass.

tony hipchest
10-02-2011, 10:22 PM
actually our receivers are young and dont know how to read defenses, let alone run hot routes.

teh only pass catchers that do are miller and ward.

bens accuracy is off the chart considering the pressure he is constantly under.

jjpro11
10-02-2011, 10:33 PM
I know we have O lines issues but even when Ben has time to throw it seems that his passes are off an he is not consistant with his accuracy.

I also noticed that our receivers are not use to being HOT on blitzes and it seems that they know Ben will not hit them quick so they don't look for the HOTs or quick hits. I saw Ben try to hit the HOTs today but each time they were not looking.

We need a new offensive coordinator to work witht this offense and build a rhythm type passing attack. We don't have it and we look really out of sync when we try to do it. Ben's passes are either way out in front or way behind when we try to do a 3 step drop type pass.

lol ok.. so how is that Ben's fault? if he's throwing the hot reads, and the receivers aren't breaking back for the ball, what's the issue with Ben? he is looking to throw the hot reads, the receivers just never know when to run the correct routes.

PhantomJB93
10-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Ben's truly "innacurate" passes are an obscenely small sample size considering he only gets more than 1.5 seconds to throw the ball about once or twice a game.

The oline has always been bad but they've truly taken it to a new level of suckage. This is truly the worst line I have ever seen at any level of the game.

ZoneBlitzer
10-02-2011, 10:38 PM

Yup. Spot on. HIs accuracy is not cutting it especially considering his experience in the league. He should be hitting guys in stride out front. Quite often his balls are behind. I honestly think that all the beating he has taken has finally caught up to him. This team does need a new O coordinator. They someone with a decent imagination and one who can reign in the bad habits that Ben has.

queeg
10-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Yup. Spot on. HIs accuracy is not cutting it especially considering his experience in the league. He should be hitting guys in stride out front. Quite often his balls are behind. I honestly think that all the beating he has taken has finally caught up to him. This team does need a new O coordinator. They someone with a decent imagination and one who can reign in the bad habits that Ben has.

When you believe in passing....defense tees you up....

Our defense is flat and too slow...so how are cut back runners killing us...we rarely over commit?

MACH1
10-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Ben's consistent, consistently running for his life.

DanRooney
10-02-2011, 11:40 PM
actually our receivers are young and dont know how to read defenses, let alone run hot routes.

teh only pass catchers that do are miller and ward.

bens accuracy is off the chart considering the pressure he is constantly under.

Wallace can read blitzes and run hot routes.

tony hipchest
10-02-2011, 11:51 PM

he's definitely getting better... :thumbsup:

...and at this stage of his career, he is almost approaching veteran status. i would expect no less (especially not with hines ward as his mentor).

CargoJon
10-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Ben's too busy getting killed to throw accurate passes.

Fire Arians
10-03-2011, 12:12 AM
ben's consistent. consistently getting hit 2 seconds after snapping the ball

MDSteel15
10-03-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm not even going to read this thread for the fact that if the O-line doesn't block and Mendenhall don't run, Ben is screwed and this makes whatever you pit null and void!!!

steelax04
10-03-2011, 09:50 AM

Yeah, he missed one, I think it was last week, and Ben had a little talk with him... I would expect he doesn't miss any more of those reads for the rest of the season.

HAWK
10-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow...some of you make me laugh. How about I physically abuse you for a few hours then criticize you for not being accurate at your job. I'm no Roethlisbrger fanboy, but some of you are completely full of BS. If Ben had even half as good of an o-line that Brady, etc., does, THEN and ONLY THEN would these accusations be correct.

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 10:24 AM
I can't understand why posters on this forum so willingly give Ben a pass, over and over again.

I'd love to see the percentage of Ben's sacks which come against the blitz, which shouldn't get fully blamed on the o-line. At this point in his carreer, he should have the ability to see the blitz and find the outlet WR.

On one particular sack, CBS decided to show Wallace get wide open in time for Ben to hit him, but Ben just missed it. He didn't see it. I think fans, for whatever reason, take for granted that Ben holds on to the ball because none of his receivers got open. Sorry, I refuse to believe that. He needs to find the open WR and throw the god damn ball. If nobody gets open, he just needs to get rid of it. He has to play smarter. Throw it away. An incompletion on first and second down looks a lot better than a 10 yard sack.

If Ben were a rookie, I'd have an easier time blaming all of our offensive problems on the OC, o-line, or whatever excuse you can come up with. But, Ben is a seasoned vet; the Steelers pay him $100 million. We need to hold him to a higher standard. He needs to learn how to play with this offense, even if not ideal. Great QBs find ways, and Ben hasn't been finding ways. He's managed to score 16 points and 10 point respectively against some pretty bad defenses in consecutive weeks.

If he's the QB you guys think his, then he wouldn't look this bad no matter how bad an offensive line he operates behind.

Dilfer just said he sucks too. So there!. lol.:noidea:

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 10:28 AM
The definition of insanity:

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Am I wrong, or does Ben meet the qualifications of insanity? Yeah, dude has a bad offensive line; but why does he keep doing the same thing over and over? Maybe he is just insane. Perhaps he just needs some help, or some medication. I bet if he started seeing a psychiatrist it would help him on the field.

Rick5895
10-03-2011, 10:49 AM
I can't understand why posters on this forum so willingly give Ben a pass, over and over again.

I'd love to see the percentage of Ben's sacks which come against the blitz, which shouldn't get fully blamed on the o-line. At this point in his carreer, he should have the ability to see the blitz and find the outlet WR.

On one particular sack, CBS decided to show Wallace get wide open in time for Ben to hit him, but Ben just missed it. He didn't see it. I think fans, for whatever reason, take for granted that Ben holds on to the ball because none of his receivers got open. Sorry, I refuse to believe that. He needs to find the open WR and throw the god damn ball. If nobody gets open, he just needs to get rid of it. He has to play smarter. Throw it away. An incompletion on first and second down looks a lot better than a 10 yard sack.

If Ben were a rookie, I'd have an easier time blaming all of our offensive problems on the OC, o-line, or whatever excuse you can come up with. But, Ben is a seasoned vet; the Steelers pay him $100 million. We need to hold him to a higher standard. He needs to learn how to play with this offense, even if not ideal. Great QBs find ways, and Ben hasn't been finding ways. He's managed to score 16 points and 10 point respectively against some pretty bad defenses in consecutive weeks.

If he's the QB you guys think his, then he wouldn't look this bad no matter how bad an offensive line he operates behind.

Dilfer just said he sucks too. So there!. lol.:noidea:

I am a fan of Ben, and I think he is a very talented QB, but you are right on the mark here. He has to hit the open receiver rather than looking for a bloody TD on every pass play.

BIGNASTY91
10-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Hell, You dont even have time to find an open receiver in 1.2 seconds!! :banging:

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Hell, You dont even have time to find an open receiver in 1.2 seconds!! :banging:

Did you actually do some research, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Sure, on a few plays, I agree thare isn't anything he can do. The second fumble against the Colts, for instance, wasn't his fault. I don't think he could have done anything to avoid it. I don't blame him for that.

But, he too often matches with a play that is his fault. Those are the plays I'm talking about, which most of posters on this forum seem to forget. The first fumble agains the Colts, for instance, was his fault.

Kingmagyar
10-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Agree exactly with the above post about the definition of Insanity, but that falls with Arians more then anybody.

Pressure on Ben or not he is still not reading defenses very well as he should by this stage of his career be mastering the game. Too many times he is throwing into double coverage. An analysis of the super bowl revealed on several occasions Ben missing the open man and forcing balls into double coverage and this is when there was no pressure on him.

Is Ben in control to much of the offense to the point where he is not advancing mentally? Does he need a new coach that will tell him the way it is and not the other way around?

Brady, Brees, Rogers, Rivers all seem to be getting better year by year and Ben seems to be regressing.

Third Rail
10-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Trade Ben! Sign John Beck! He'll save us!

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Trade Ben! Sign John Beck! He'll save us!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NfsdvUxYGkI/Sf9PBKghozI/AAAAAAAAMII/AEA1zpastsA/s1600/strawman&imgrefurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NfsdvUxYGkI/Sf9PBKghozI/AAAAAAAAMII/AEA1zpastsA/s1600-h/strawman&usg=__5yCXbXhZqgfpHajHNOJzdd8rr4M=&h=599&w=450&sz=109&hl=en&start=5&sig2=rrglTi2z1t2_3cFEBd9Kcg&zoom=1&tbnid=2AxVpPVIPP5FHM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=101&ei=kgeKTrrtIem80AGnh8DHDw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dstrawman%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26gbv%3D2 %26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1

Third Rail
10-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Red X, bro.

Fire Haley
10-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Ben's too busy getting killed to throw accurate passes.

Now that's the truth and nothing but the truth

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Red X, bro.

Your reply was a strawman. Nobody said anything about John Beck. We all know John Beck sucks. Care to say anything about how Ben is playing?

Try it without making excuses. We've heard them all.

pete74
10-03-2011, 02:12 PM
the O-line sucks and Ben isnt good at picking up the blitz. he will never be a Manning or Rodgers. i blame both but with constant pressure like he is getting there are not many QB's that could do well

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 02:21 PM
the O-line sucks and Ben isnt good at picking up the blitz. he will never be a Manning or Rodgers. i blame both but with constant pressure like he is getting there are not many QB's that could do well

Well said. I wish he had some coaches to give him some proper advice.

plenewken
10-03-2011, 02:23 PM

I know several QBs,much more mobile than Ben who wouldn't have been tackled at the 2yd line against the Colts last week. I also know several QBs who could pass to a WR/TE/RB faster and more accurately than Ben.
At this point, Ben is a middle of the pack QB and certainly not a top 5. The OL line is not the only reason for his low production thus far. He started to regress last year.

tony hipchest
10-03-2011, 02:30 PM
its the o-line's job to pick up the blitz.

perhaps m. pouncey isnt as great at making all the line calls as we were led to believe. perhaps thats why the coaches feel more comfortable with the intelligent legursky in there, right beside him, to act as the brains to his brawn. :tap:

perhaps the second year pro's mental development was stunted not only by the lock out, but limited time with ben during last years 4 game suspension.

but yeah, ben needs to pick up all those oncoming rushers and throw the ball to receivers whos backs are turned to him. :rolleyes:

Third Rail
10-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Your reply was a strawman. Nobody said anything about John Beck. We all know John Beck sucks. Care to say anything about how Ben is playing?

Try it without making excuses. We've heard them all.

It was a joke, dude. I made it mainly because I live in the DC area and people around here were acting like Beck was an all-pro QB just because he played well in a couple preseason games.

How is Ben playing? It's a tough call really. He's certainly not playing as well as we've seen him play, but the O-Line issues are severely hindering his ability. In addition, Hines seems to have finally slowed down, and Brown and Sanders are capable of making plays but occasionally have problems running routes or holding onto the ball. Wallace is of course our best weapon, but that means he's also going to be the guy that defenses cover the most.

When you add to that a runningback (Mendy, not Redman) that consistently loses yards and various penalties that guarantee we'll have at least one 3 & 15 in every game, I think it's very tough to judge Ben's ability. People say that "he should know by now that he can't rely on his O-Line and should react faster." Okay, fair enough. However, given that his ability to extend plays is what MAKES him a great QB, you would think, logically, that the FO and the coaching staff would have went after guys that could protect him instead of just letting him go out there and wing it.

Perhaps Ben should play less of a risk-reward style as he gets older. I personally wish he would, but I seriously don't trust our receivers. For every over or underthrown ball that Ben fires off, I've seen plenty of perfect passes that WRs bobble and drop. So in other words, there is plenty of blame across the board here. Ben deserves some of it, sure. But I think he'd be playing a lot better with consistent protection and slightly more reliable play from his receivers.

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 02:45 PM
its the o-line's job to pick up the blitz.

lol

No doubt.

But it's Ben's job to pass the ball before the blitz gets there. Most quarterbacks understand they won't have as much time when the defense blitzes. They also understand when a defense blitzes, they have less defenders covering recievers, so somebody is probably open.

Ben must have skipped the class where they tought him how to play against the blitz. Perhaps he was out "drinking like a champion".

perhaps m. pouncey isnt as great at making all the line calls as we were led to believe. perhaps thats why the coaches feel more comfortable with the intelligent legursky in there, right beside him, to act as the brains to his brawn. :tap:

perhaps the second year pro's mental development was stunted not only by the lock out, but limited time with ben during last years 4 game suspension.[/quote]

perhaps......

I guess since it's Pouncey's fault, must mean Ben bears no responsibility.........:blah:

but yeah, ben needs to pick up all those oncoming rushers and throw the ball to receivers whos backs are turned to him. :rolleyes:

I witnessed several open receivers Ben to whom decided not to throw the ball, opting instead to get sacked. In fact, CBS showed one of them. I'm [not] surprised you missed it.

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
It was a joke, dude. I made it mainly because I live in the DC area and people around here were acting like Beck was an all-pro QB just because he played well in a couple preseason games.

Fair enough.

Two words to fix all of Washington's problems:

Brett Favre.

How is Ben playing? It's a tough call really. He's certainly not playing as well as we've seen him play, but the O-Line issues are severely hindering his ability. In addition, Hines seems to have finally slowed down, and Brown and Sanders are capable of making plays but occasionally have problems running routes or holding onto the ball. Wallace is of course our best weapon, but that means he's also going to be the guy that defenses cover the most.

When you add to that a runningback (Mendy, not Redman) that consistently losing yards and various penalties that guarantee we'll have at least one 3 & 15 in every game, I think it's very tough to judge Ben's ability. People say that "he should know by now that he can't rely on his O-Line and should react faster." Okay, fair enough. However, given that his ability to extend plays is what MAKES him a great QB, you would think, logically, that the FO and the coaching staff would have went after guys that could protect him instead of just letting him go out there and wing it.

It sounds to me like you're saying: there's a lot of responsibility to go around. I couldn't agree with you more, actually.

I get irritated, though, personally, when nobody puts any blame on the franchise quarterback. It seems like he has gotten a pass. I know he doesn't have the best supporting cast, but we pay him $100 million. He has to do better. That's where we put the money, and it's because he supposedly one of the best in the league. He's not acting like it.

In the same situation, comparably compensated quarterbacks, other than Eli, would have achieved better results, in my opinion.

Ben deserves some of it, sure. But I think he'd be playing a lot better with consistent protection and slightly more reliable play from his receivers.

I agree. But, I would say, if the Steelers want a quarterback whom they only expect good results in a good situation, they can go out and get a cheaper quarterback and save some money.

If the front office thought more thouroughly about the situation, they wouldn't draft and devote so much money to linebackers and would put more into the offensive line in order to protect their quarterback investment. Or, maybe they could just get a cheaper quarterback and pay their linemen. :noidea:

tony hipchest
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM
I guess since it's Pouncey's fault, must mean Ben bears no responsibility.........:blah:

I witnessed several open receivers Ben to whom decided not to throw the ball, opting instead to get sacked. In fact, CBS showed one of them. I'm [not] surprised you missed it.i didnt say ben bears no responsibility so i dont know why youre including that in your quote to me. :hunch:

i didnt miss hines ward open short when he instead chose to try and go deep to one of his young pet speedsters. its blatantly obvious arians undisciplined, harebrained, offensive philosophy, has been ingrained into bens skull.

as far as your "drink like a champion" slam, i am suprized somebody who thinks nfl players should be able to smoke and sell 8 lbs of reefer on their own time, would take exception. :noidea:

anyways, keep on hating... :drink:

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 03:27 PM
i didnt miss hines ward open short when he instead chose to try and go deep to one of his young pet speedsters. its blatantly obvious arians undisciplined, harebrained, offensive philosophy, has been ingrained into bens skull.

We don't know whether he's been brain-washed or whether he's all about it. We all know how close he is with Arians and how he always stands up for him. Ben reportedly saved BA from losing his job at one point. I think it's safe to say Arians and Ben are closely alligned from with respect to offensive phisophies.

as far as your "drink like a champion" slam, i am suprized somebody who thinks nfl players should be able to smoke and sell 8 lbs of reefer on their own time, would take exception. :noidea:

That was a low blow, I admit. Guilty as charged.

I happen to have the opinion based in fact that pot is much safer than alcohol. So I'd much rather find out Ben was toking it up with his homies listening to Sublime than out chasing underage tail. That's just me.

Also, although I disagree with Ben's previous life-style, I never called for him to get suspended because of it.

But also, you have to admit, it was hilarious. If you agreed with me, instead of becoming irate, you probably would have peed your pants.

tony hipchest
10-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Also, although I disagree with Ben's previous life-style, I never called for him to get suspended because of it.

But also, you have to admit, it was hilarious. If you agreed with me, instead of becoming irate, you probably would have peed your pants.oh, i believe ben is all about it, just like he was all about chasing tail. point is, a competent OC would reign his ass in when needed, and not let him become a detriment to himself or the team. case in point.

so anyone who challenges or disagrees with your post is suddenly irate? :chuckle: okay. :rolleyes:

or could it just be as simple as you are no eddie murphy?

take no offense, and im just being honest here, but not only wasnt it hilarious, it wasnt even mildly funny. it was dry and old. :coffee: i couldve seen much more humor and wit trolling a bungles or browns board and most those guys are complete jealousy and hate filled imbiciles. :hunch:

Ricco Suavez
10-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Ben does not get a pass, no more than when Brady craps the bed when he feels pressure. Just look at the patriots losses and they lose when Brady feels pressure. Now Ben feels that kind of pressure ever game. We have been winning with defense and Ben carrying the load the last few years. We live with his improvisations on busted plays. The defense keeps it close or wins games with turnovers, if not Ben has made a habit of winning in the last quarters with game winning drives. To say he has regress may be somewhat true especially considering his line is now the worst he has ever had. I would love to see a stat on how often the QBs are hit not just sacked and I bet Ben ranks right at the top.

HAWK
10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
In the same situation, comparably compensated quarterbacks, other than Eli, would have achieved better results, in my opinion.

There's plenty of responsibility to go around, but this is a ludicrous statement. Surviving one or two plays...sure. But the whole game as it seems Ben has to do? Hell no. You might be able to find one to two other QB's.....but not them all as you inferred.

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 04:53 PM
oh, i believe ben is all about it, just like he was all about chasing tail. point is, a competent OC would reign his ass in when needed, and not let him become a detriment to himself or the team. case in point.

I agree; but you did not make a case in point, unfortunately.

Everybody on this offense bears some responsibility, including, and perhaps most of all, Ben. A franchise quarterback should never be a detriment to the team, no matter the OC. Ben shouldn't need a baby sitter.
so anyone who challenges or disagrees with your post is suddenly irate? :chuckle: okay. :rolleyes:
Sometimes I do get the impression you are irate, not solely because you disagree. It could be the constant insults. :noidea:

You might think I'm stupid, as I might think you're stupid, but that's no reason for us to hate each other, or get all mad. We could be best friends in another life.

or could it just be as simple as you are no eddie murphy?

You could have selected a better comedian, like Robin Williams. You didn't have to insult me!

i couldve seen much more humor and wit trolling a bungles or browns board and most those guys are complete jealousy and hate filled imbiciles. :hunch:

At least it was an honest attempt.

But, just out of curiosity, why do you think it's funny for another poster to tell me "**** You!", probably the lamest, most unoriginal phrase in our language, but you can't even moderately appreciate my at least some-what creative wise-crack? Admittedly, I didn't put in too much effort, but still more than just resorting to "**** You!"

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
There's plenty of responsibility to go around, but this is a ludicrous statement. Surviving one or two plays...sure. But the whole game as it seems Ben has to do? Hell no. You might be able to find one to two other QB's.....but not them all as you inferred.

The qualifier being "comparably priced".

Ben earns(I use the word loosely, obviously) the third highest salary among QBs. I don't think he's the third best.

Anyway, I'll change my statement to: most comparably priced QBs.

Atlanta Dan
10-03-2011, 04:59 PM
I am a fan of Ben, and I think he is a very talented QB, but you are right on the mark here. He has to hit the open receiver rather than looking for a bloody TD on every pass play.

Or hit the open receiver for the TD? (horrible miss of a wide open Brown in the end zone at the end of teh first half yesterday)

All of the hits have to be taking their toll physically - the OL is bad but this is the worst i have seen Ben play since 2006

Atlanta Dan
10-03-2011, 05:01 PM
The qualifier being "comparably priced".

Ben earns(I use the word loosely, obviously) the third highest salary among QBs. I don't think he's the third best.

Anyway, I'll change my statement to: most comparably priced QBs.

So you are backing off your post several weeks ago that ranked Romo above Roethisberger?:noidea:

Big7BenHOF
10-03-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm sure you guys already know: what you see is what you get with Ben. Ben has been like this his whole career. He has his stellar games and he has his poor games, but there's no reason more than a quarter of the blame should be placed on him. The offensive line, as everyone already knows, is playing terrible. I'm sure any other quarterback's accuracy would be off when they're so used to getting no time and having to run around. On a play when he actually does get time, there's no doubt he's skeptical because of the previous times he's been manhandled. No one can stay really confident in a pocket that usually collapses before two seconds. Either way, yes he does make dumb decisions where he tries to extend the play instead of doing the smart option and throwing it away or throwing the check down, but Ben has been like this his whole career. You can't expect someone to change their playing style that rapidly. You can't change how someone plays the game or their instincts. Regardless, this style of play hasn't gotten the offense much scrutiny as it has this season because if we put ourselves in that position on offense, the defense has always been able to produce and keep us safe. However, that hasn't been the case of late, so more pressure is placed on the offense when the defense is playing as bad as they are.

Either way, I'd much rather have Ben behind this poor offensive line of ours than any other quarterback in the league. No other quarterback has the escapability that Roethlisberger does. He's been key to our franchise and saved our butts many times within the past years.

wera176
10-03-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm sure you guys already know: what you see is what you get with Ben. Ben has been like this his whole career. He has his stellar games and he has his poor games, but there's no reason more than a quarter of the blame should be placed on him. The offensive line, as everyone already knows, is playing terrible. I'm sure any other quarterback's accuracy would be off when they're so used to getting no time and having to run around. On a play when he actually does get time, there's no doubt he's skeptical because of the previous times he's been manhandled. No one can stay really confident in a pocket that usually collapses before two seconds. Either way, yes he does make dumb decisions where he tries to extend the play instead of doing the smart option and throwing it away or throwing the check down, but Ben has been like this his whole career. You can't expect someone to change their playing style that rapidly. You can't change how someone plays the game or their instincts. Regardless, this style of play hasn't gotten the offense much scrutiny as it has this season because if we put ourselves in that position on offense, the defense has always been able to produce and keep us safe. However, that hasn't been the case of late, so more pressure is placed on the offense when the defense is playing as bad as they are.

Either way, I'd much rather have Ben behind this poor offensive line of ours than any other quarterback in the league. No other quarterback has the escapability that Roethlisberger does. He's been key to our franchise and saved our butts many times within the past years.

Well put! I can think of NO current QB, of any pay grade, that would have done what Ben has done behind that OL. He's not had a solid OL the entire time he has been here short of his rookie season, imo. I'll admit I'm a fan of his, but I am a Steeler fan first, and I can't think of any QB I'd rather have right now than him. Ever see Brady after he gets his a$$-kicked by pressure? For starters, it doesn't happen often thanks almost entirely to his OL, but when he does he whines and make thinly veiled comments directed at everyone else. Ben never complains. Frankly he doesn't need to as it's obvious to most of us.... It's hard to look for the open receiver when you are looking first at the pressure, and I'm fearful that Ben will develop Palmer-itis. Remember Carson Palmer? i live in bungle country so I've watched him over the years. The dude was scary good, as accurate a passer as I've ever seen. He scared the crap outta me as a Steeler fan. He made Chad and whosumama what they were, those guys would come out of a break and the ball was on their hands. Almost no way to defend that. Then his OL broke down and he started to get whacked. Sure, Kemo did his part, but when CP returned it was open season. Not the same pressure Ben has gotten the last couple seasons, but he's not as mobile as BB. But you could tell he just wasn't comfortable back there, he'd miss check downs, wide open guys, throw picks,etc, his eyes were looking at the pressure first. With a good pocket only lasting what 3-5 seconds? if you look down first, you'll never find the open guy. I'm afraid that's what starting to happen with Ben.. Gawd, I hope they fix the real problem so Ben can go back to being Ben...

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 05:52 PM
So you are backing off your post several weeks ago that ranked Romo above Roethisberger?:noidea:

No. I'd still take Romo. Although I must admit I hesitated. I suspect we would have the same headaches with Romo as our QB. He has a similar style, he's just a little more likable.

Atlanta Dan
10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
No. I'd still take Romo. Although I must admit I hesitated. I suspect we would have the same headaches with Romo as our QB. He has a similar style, he's just a little more likable.

You suppose?:toofunny:

Leaving likability aside (who cares? - Brady is a complete prick but anyone would want him as the QB for their team), have you watched any of the 4th quarter Romo "highlights" from the Jets and Lions games this season?

Compared to Romo, Roethlisberger looks like a 21st century version of Bart Starr with regard to taking care of the ball with a lead

palasport
10-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Its not Bens fault it's the O-lines fault or at least some of the O-lines, like the O-line coach that put the line together,the line is way to young and unseasoned, we need Starks back for additional experiance with Essex,I mean Ben had no time to do anything the line just collapsed.

Whodis
10-03-2011, 07:48 PM
consistently rushed or hit without consistent help from a fullback or running back

he consistently snapped the ball as time ran off the play clock

consistently looked out of sync with our wide receivers

consistently sticks up for Bruce Arains and his bullshit play calling

You sir are wrong! Ben is very consistent!!!

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 08:05 PM
consistently rushed or hit without consistent help from a fullback or running back

Very nice. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GoCvuu0dlQ)

California-Steel
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM

:sofunny: OK that made me laugh.