PDA

View Full Version : Luv for Bum Phillips

LGTEXAN1
10-03-2011, 11:31 AM
I have to say this and then I'll move on. I was listening to a Bum Phillips interview yesterday after the game. Every once in awhile, he'll set up a booth to sign autographs at the stadium. He said that at the game yesterday, there were more Steeler fans in line for his autograph than Texan fans. He laughed at said, "I love those people from Pittsburgh.....they've always been great fans."

Good luck getting the line and Roth healthy. I know you'll be in the playoffs if that gets taken care of.

Fire Arians
10-03-2011, 11:34 AM
:chuckle: he's a bum

thanks for stopping by. I doubt we make the playoffs this year though, and if we do just barely. with this offensive line i don't think ben will make it out of the season without being on the IR list at some point. i know he's a tough SOB but something's got to give

StainlessStill
10-03-2011, 12:39 PM
At this point, it's almost a loss cause in Pittsburgh. The only thing holding the team back is the stank play of the o-line that was a revolving door as it already was heading into the season. Willie Colon is on IR for the second straight season & we're forced into bringing up practice squad players to protect Ben's blind side.

Fortunately for us, we don't have a bad schedule. Other than New England and Baltimore, we have patty-cakes the rest of the way. That's our only hope.

This team can be very good. Too bad it all starts in the trench's and we have absolutely none of it. I actually think Tennessee will give us a run for our money. Good game Texans fan, I thought Houston was going to blow it yet again but this time, it was the works of a bad Steelers offense failing to do much of anything. Good luck the rest of the season as well!

stb_steeler
10-03-2011, 01:20 PM
At this point, it's almost a loss cause in Pittsburgh. The only thing holding the team back is the stank play of the o-line that was a revolving door as it already was heading into the season. Willie Colon is on IR for the second straight season & we're forced into bringing up practice squad players to protect Ben's blind side.

Fortunately for us, we don't have a bad schedule. Other than New England and Baltimore, we have patty-cakes the rest of the way. That's our only hope.

This team can be very good. Too bad it all starts in the trench's and we have absolutely none of it. I actually think Tennessee will give us a run for our money. Good game Texans fan, I thought Houston was going to blow it yet again but this time, it was the works of a bad Steelers offense failing to do much of anything. Good luck the rest of the season as well!

At this point, i dont consider anyone were playing a cake walk......lol

caplovestroyp43
10-03-2011, 01:27 PM
I have to say this and then I'll move on. I was listening to a Bum Phillips interview yesterday after the game. Every once in awhile, he'll set up a booth to sign autographs at the stadium. He said that at the game yesterday, there were more Steeler fans in line for his autograph than Texan fans. He laughed at said, "I love those people from Pittsburgh.....they've always been great fans."

Good luck getting the line and Roth healthy. I know you'll be in the playoffs if that gets taken care of.

I have always LOVED Bum Phillips. He was so funny when he was a coach and some of the things he said were hillarious. Here is my favorite one:

"That's three holding penalties on one team in a quarter and a half....that ain't funny!"
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

God bless him. And thanks for the classy post. I think Houston is going to be a force to answer to this year. They played us TOUGH yesterday.

:tt02: