PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain

Fire Haley
10-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Ben Roethlisberger has a sprained left foot, team sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen. The sources, however, would not speculate on the quarterback's status for the Pittsburgh Steelers' game Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.

A scan performed Monday on Roethlisberger's left foot was negative for a fracture, the sources said. An MRI on Sunday had indicated a possible fracture but the test was inconclusive because of swelling in the foot.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7054209/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-sprained-foot-status-vs-tennessee-titans-unclear

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Ben Roethlisberger has a sprained left foot, team sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen. The sources, however, would not speculate on the quarterback's status for the Pittsburgh Steelers' game Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.

A scan performed Monday on Roethlisberger's left foot was negative for a fracture, the sources said. An MRI on Sunday had indicated a possible fracture but the test was inconclusive because of swelling in the foot.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7054209/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-sprained-foot-status-vs-tennessee-titans-unclear

They'll talk about it all week, build up the question marks. He'll be listed as questionable. He'll play and everybody will compare him to John Wayne. I've seen this same scenario played out about 10 times.

casteeler
10-03-2011, 01:14 PM
If it's not broken now it will be by Sunday. Watching Tomlinson press conference yesterday he said " we have to get better." Really? I think Tomlin would have reacted more strongly to getting a parking ticket

Fire Haley
10-03-2011, 01:40 PM
What will it take for the Steelers front office to get off their asses and get some new meat on the o-line?

How blind can they be? Where's old man Rooney?

FanSince72
10-03-2011, 01:51 PM
What will it take for the Steelers front office to get off their asses and get some new meat on the o-line?

How blind can they be? Where's old man Rooney?

Well for starters maybe it's time to stop worshiping LeBeau.

Year after year, when it's time for some new hires, we always seem to end up with more defensive lineman than any team will ever need while offensive linemen are rarer than chicken teeth.

Could that be because everyone thinks LeBeau walks on water and as such HIS needs always come first?
Maybe if the FO stopped worshiping the "Steel Curtain" narrative for a while they might recognize that there's another line out there besides the defensive one and that THAT one could use some bodies also.

Just a thought.

Fire Haley
10-03-2011, 01:57 PM
What the **** does that have to do with fixing this ****ing mess of an O-line that is getting Ben killed?

get on the godammed phone and start bringing in some new meat - NOW!

StainlessStill
10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Well for starters maybe it's time to stop worshiping LeBeau.

Year after year, when it's time for some new hires, we always seem to end up with more defensive lineman than any team will ever need while offensive linemen are rarer than chicken teeth.

Could that be because everyone thinks LeBeau walks on water and as such HIS needs always come first?
Maybe if the FO stopped worshiping the "Steel Curtain" narrative for a while they might recognize that there's another line out there besides the defensive one and that THAT one could use some bodies also.

Just a thought.

Hardly LeBeau's fault. This was the same defense that finished 2nd overall last season and held opponents to a measly 60 yards per rushing averages a season ago. Fact of the matter is, is that teams are starting to attack us with a more balanced approach. Obviously, we weren't worried about the Texans run game. We were worried about Johnson and Shaub. The Texans physicked us out and only threw the ball 21 times, mostly on that first drive.

It's been WAAAAAY too long and way overboard on how the defense wins us football games. It's time for our offense to step up, and help them out for once. Sadly, it won't be this season.

stb_steeler
10-03-2011, 02:11 PM
It seems the whole team has no answers to anything....looks like they'll just play out the season the way it is. Have to admit, we get tired of not seeing any changes while other teams do it all the time.

cloppbeast
10-03-2011, 02:15 PM
It seems the whole team has no answers to anything....looks like they'll just play out the season the way it is. Have to admit, we get tired of not seeing any changes while other teams do it all the time.

They need a scapegoat to cut like they found with Reed last year. Perhaps they should release the punter. :noidea:

Fire Haley
10-03-2011, 02:33 PM
The season isn't over - it's barely started.

I say get on the godammed phone and call Flo again, better yet, send Tomlin down in a Lear jet and bring Flo some milk and cookies for breakfast, do something...and forget that ass excuse about 'no cap room' when the Steelers were quoted many times saying money was no object in them not going out and signing Flo when Colon went down

truesteelerfan
10-03-2011, 02:47 PM
I can't hold LeBeau accountable because its not his schemes that are failing...It is the players....He can't make them hold their position instead of being pushed around by younger stronger OL against us...Same thing with our OL, with an exception- our OL starters are not NFL quality starters- remember we cut Trai a few weeks back, and now he's protecting Ben's blind side- is that a good plan? I like Tomlin, but it would be OK to admit you made some mistakes when judging our OL talent, and instead of continuing to keep our entire O struggling because of our OL play and waste the season, lets bring in some new ppl! I blame our OL on why we are 2-2...our D isn't up to Steelers par, but at least they are a pro caliber team...The OL wouldn't start in some NCAA divisions.

plenewken
10-03-2011, 03:27 PM
I can't hold LeBeau accountable because its not his schemes that are failing...It is the players....He can't make them hold their position instead of being pushed around by younger stronger OL against us...Same thing with our OL, with an exception- our OL starters are not NFL quality starters- remember we cut Trai a few weeks back, and now he's protecting Ben's blind side- is that a good plan? I like Tomlin, but it would be OK to admit you made some mistakes when judging our OL talent, and instead of continuing to keep our entire O struggling because of our OL play and waste the season, lets bring in some new ppl! I blame our OL on why we are 2-2...our D isn't up to Steelers par, but at least they are a pro caliber team...The OL wouldn't start in some NCAA divisions.

I'd like to see less missed tackles from our LBs and Safeties and this includes Polamalu. He's great at reading pass plays and intercepting the ball but tackling is not his forte. Never been.

Goldsteel86
10-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Fact of the matter is at the end of the day, two weeks have went by and the Steeler faithful have been lucky, Roethlisberger hammered and the Steelers dodge a bullet again. Its time to man up and call a spade a spade, if the truth hurts these professionals then it hurts. Bottom line, this is the defending AFC Champs, the O-line is terrible and the defense can't tackle, stop the run or even play solid defense with a team that has any type of heartbeat. I would hate to hear Warren Sapp or Cris Collinsworth at the end of the season saying how the Steelers went from defending AFC Champs to reigning AFC Chumps!!!

Fire Haley
10-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Fact of the matter is at the end of the day, two weeks have went by and the Steeler faithful have been lucky, Roethlisberger hammered and the Steelers dodge a bullet again

VERY lucky!

This is desperation time...this front office had better wake up and realize Ben is on his last legs, the next little hit he takes behind this sieve of an o-line could put him out for the year - - get off your asses and do what you have to do to save your $100M franchise QB!

DoctorCAD
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
VERY lucky!

This is desperation time...this front office had better wake up and realize Ben is on his last legs, the next little hit he takes behind this sieve of an o-line could put him out for the year - - get off your asses and do what you have to do to save your $100M franchise QB!

Or out for GOOD...(see Carson Palmer)

Fire Haley
10-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Roethlisberger's foot not broken

Monday, October 03, 2011

By Ed Bouchette , Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Tests showed no broken bones in quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's left foot, which remains sore and somewhat swollen after it was injured in the Steelers' 17-10 loss Sunday in Houston to the Texans.

There still could be some other structural damage in the foot -- possbily a sprain, according to a source with knowledge of the injury. That damage will not be fully determined until the swelling subsides.

Roethlisberger's status for next Sunday's game against Tennessee at Heinz Field has yet to be determined.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11276/1179488-100.stm#ixzz1ZkcT3roJ

tanda10506
10-03-2011, 10:52 PM
What the **** does that have to do with fixing this ****ing mess of an O-line that is getting Ben killed?

get on the godammed phone and start bringing in some new meat - NOW!

I feel your pain and urgency, enough of the denial and f****** around, get somebody, especially at LT.

ricardisimo
10-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Any new info on Mendenhall's hammy?

tony hipchest
10-04-2011, 12:02 AM
whew!

at first glance i thought this thread said-

Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has a brain

Fire Haley
10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
You better be hoping Ben heals quick

Dr. Lindsey Harrington, a Mount Lebanon-based physical therapist, said the severity of the mid-foot sprain will determine how much it hampers Roethlisberger.

"A grade I would take a couple of weeks (to fully recover), but for a pro athlete, it wouldn't impact playing time or the ability to get right back on the field," said Harrington, who works for David Physical Therapy.

"If it's a grade III sprain, where all the ligaments are torn, it may take a month or more to completely heal. But it is possible to get an athlete back on the field within a week or so if treated with appropriate taping or bracing for added stability and prevention of further injury to the ankle."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_760075.html

Fire Haley
10-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Any new info on Mendenhall's hammy?

nope

but there's this...

Mewelde Moore has a high ankle sprain

gerrydulac Gerry Dulac

DE Aaron Smith mid-foot sprain, RB mewelde moore high ankle sprain prob wont play vs titans..

7 minutes ago
Gerry Dulac

LB James Harrison eye injury is still a problem, team source said.