PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still think Gilbert should be moved to LT?

tony hipchest
10-03-2011, 03:20 PM
he SO isnt ready. michael oher graded out as the better tackle prospect and he STILL isnt ready.

what is it that makes steelerfans think our raw rookie can be any better at this point?

hell, after the last 2 games, i'd just be glad to see him show he can handle the RT position, because at this point, he is struggling vs damn good nfl players such as mathis and williams.

i'd hate to see the abuse he would take from the likes of freeney or suggs.

Whodis
10-03-2011, 03:28 PM
My question is.... Can he be any worse then the current LT?

PhantomJB93
10-03-2011, 03:35 PM
He's still not good, but even as a rookie he's a far better option than Trai Essex.

tony hipchest
10-03-2011, 03:44 PM
at the beginning of the season, many fans on this board said brown or allen would be a better option than gay.

i highly doubt that.

im sure theres still people who believe gilbert is a better option than a healthy colon.

gilbert would be getting his ass handed to him even worse than essex or scott. he's still a kid who is being asked to go up against men. why expose all of his weaknesses and ruin his confidence for even less protection?

FWIW bens injury came from gilberts side.

- just sayin

Buddha Bus
10-03-2011, 03:46 PM
at the beginning of the season, many fans on this board said brown or allen would be a better option than gay.

i highly doubt that.

im sure theres still people who believe gilbert is a better option than a healthy colon.

You said "a healthy colon". http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/106674522.gif

8RrWfNonLDQ

Fire Arians
10-03-2011, 04:10 PM
He would do better than j. Scott

Atlanta Dan
10-03-2011, 04:19 PM
FWIW bens injury came from gilberts side.

- just sayin

I thought the injury (sprain not a break apparently) came after the Steelers got the ball at mid-field with around 3:30 left on the second and 10 run/scramble for short yardage? :noidea:

At this point there are no good options only triage with regard to a terrible O-line that has had some bad breaks

The Tennessee game could be the type of loss that blew up the 2006 season before Halloween

tony hipchest
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM
He would do better than j. Scott

you say this based on what? the way he matador'd it vs m. williams yesterday (and i dont just say this because he had the bull's head on his helmet, but how fitting it was).

ole'!

i had to do a double take just to be sure it want j. scott shifted to the right side.

in defense of the rook, he has a legitimate excuse. he is just a kid (who didnt even know enough to show up to camp tomlin in shape) who has been thrown into the fire much too quickly.

you gotta be suspect of anybody who needs last years rookie lineman to light a fire under their ass for motivation.

lets all remember that marcus gilbert had no idea he had to treat this like an actual job until 2 months ago. :banging:

and people think hes the next orlando pace. HA!

Rick5895
10-03-2011, 05:38 PM
He's a rookie. He is going to get beat by pro bowl players from time to time. Even all pro tackles get beat. Give the kid a break, he WILL be good. I don't see how any one can judge a rookie on how good he will be after two friggin games.

Fire Arians
10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
you say this based on what? the way he matador'd it vs m. williams yesterday (and i dont just say this because he had the bull's head on his helmet, but how fitting it was).

ole'!

i had to do a double take just to be sure it want j. scott shifted to the right side.

in defense of the rook, he has a legitimate excuse. he is just a kid (who didnt even know enough to show up to camp tomlin in shape) who has been thrown into the fire much too quickly.

you gotta be suspect of anybody who needs last years rookie lineman to light a fire under their ass for motivation.

lets all remember that marcus gilbert had no idea he had to treat this like an actual job until 2 months ago. :banging:

and people think hes the next orlando pace. HA!

hey at least he didnt get spun around and almost tackle roethlisberger like a complete retard like scott did. just sayin', you can't get worse than scott. maybe he'll be almost as bad but at least he'll have upside. players will never get adjusted to NFL speed until they're given a chance to play.

urbik for the bills ended up being a pretty good player, maybe cause they let him see the field instead of rot on the bench for 5 years. who knows, maybe a lot of our picks weren't busts, but we just let them rot for too long instead of giving em a chance. I don't think anyone expects him to be the next orlando pace, so why was his name even brought up?

BKAnthem
10-03-2011, 06:26 PM
he SO isnt ready. michael oher graded out as the better tackle prospect and he STILL isnt ready.

what is it that makes steelerfans think our raw rookie can be any better at this point?

hell, after the last 2 games, i'd just be glad to see him show he can handle the RT position, because at this point, he is struggling vs damn good nfl players such as mathis and williams.

you criticizing a player on the OLine? You???:rofl:

This is rich

tony hipchest
10-03-2011, 06:44 PM
you criticizing a player on the OLine? You???:rofl:

This is rich

:screwy:

746HX-FB7iE

next. :coffee:

palasport
10-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Gilbert needs a year of play around in differant fill in spots before he starts ,he is deffenatly not read to start as starter in any position. he needs to learn our line instead of drawling penalties and(dancing with D-linemen) in my opinon.

tony hipchest
10-03-2011, 07:25 PM
hey at least he didnt get spun around and almost tackle roethlisberger like a complete retard like scott did. just sayin', you can't get worse than scott. maybe he'll be almost as bad but at least he'll have upside. players will never get adjusted to NFL speed until they're given a chance to play.

urbik for the bills ended up being a pretty good player, maybe cause they let him see the field instead of rot on the bench for 5 years. who knows, maybe a lot of our picks weren't busts, but we just let them rot for too long instead of giving em a chance. I don't think anyone expects him to be the next orlando pace, so why was his name even brought up?for empahsis.

why are you bringing up urbick? :noidea:

he's not even playing.

people do know that urbick has been injured and riding the pine for the past 2 and a half games, right?

inactive the last 2 games.

people also dont get adjusted to nfl speed when they finally show up to camp fat and out of shape. it cost higher paid, more experienced steeler LT's their job.

just sayin....

but i get it. he is the saviour who will cure all that ails us. just not this season. toss him to the wolves! :tt:

Fire Arians
10-03-2011, 07:44 PM
for empahsis.

why are you bringing up urbick? :noidea:

he's not even playing.

people do know that urbick has been injured and riding the pine for the past 2 and a half games, right?

inactive the last 2 games.

people also dont get adjusted to nfl speed when they finally show up to camp fat and out of shape. it cost higher paid, more experienced steeler LT's their job.

just sayin....

but i get it. he is the saviour who will cure all that ails us. just not this season. toss him to the wolves! :tt:

All I heard was urbik was starting for the bills, I don't stay updated on what the Bills do I can care less about them.

Dude seriously, why do you have to look at things from an extreme angle with anything? NOBODY said he was the next orlando pace, and NOBODY said anything about him being a 'savior' so what the **** are you talking about?

FACT: he is better than anyone else at RT now that colon is on IR
FACT: he also is better than jonathan rollerskates, AND has a much higher upside
FACT: we will not sign flozell or starks, so he is as of right now, our best bet at tackle, even if we wanted our best player 'right now' playing

tony hipchest
10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
All I heard was urbik was starting for the bills, I don't stay updated on what the Bills do I can care less about them.

Dude seriously, why do you have to look at things from an extreme angle with anything? NOBODY said he was the next orlando pace, and NOBODY said anything about him being a 'savior' so what the **** are you talking about?

FACT: he is better than anyone else at RT now that colon is on IR
FACT: he also is better than jonathan rollerskates, AND has a much higher upside
FACT: we will not sign flozell or starks, so he is as of right now, our best bet at tackle, even if we wanted our best player 'right now' playing

you missed one single (very important) FACT:

his is our current starting RIGHT TACKLE. no more, no less.

all the talk about moving him to LT was grossly premature, and his current struggles the past 2 games, prove why.

the coaching staff knows this and it comes with the territory in starting a rookie. the learning curve is steep but i expect him to get better as time progresses. hell, even HOF bound jon ogden needeed a year at RT before making the switch.

so who else, besides FA, still thinks gilbert grape should be moved to LT?

and for future reference, if you dont know jack shit about the bills and their players, and could care less, it would behoove you to not cite them as supporting evidence in your arguments. :cheers: (jus tryin to help a brutha out) :smile:

Fire Arians
10-03-2011, 08:00 PM
you missed one single (very important) FACT:

his is our current starting RIGHT TACKLE. no more, no less.

all the talk about moving him to LT was grossly premature, and his current struggles the past 2 games, prove why.

the coaching staff knows this and it comes with the territory in starting a rookie. the learning curve is steep but i expect him to get better as time progresses. hell, even HOF bound jon ogden needeed a year at RT before making the switch.

so who else, besides FA, still thinks gilbert grape should be moved to LT?

and for future reference, if you dont know jack shit about the bills and their players, and could care less, it would behoove you to not cite them as supporting evidence in your arguments. :cheers: (jus tryin to help a brutha out) :smile:

oh he can stay at RT for now, but I expect he will be an LT next year, barring some free agent signing.

by the way i don't know why you have to try and talk down on anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion literally every chance you get. whatever makes you feel special i guess lol, i don't have time for that juvenile crap

ricardisimo
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
oh he can stay at RT for now, but I expect he will be an LT next year, barring some free agent signing.

by the way i don't know why you have to try and talk down on anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion literally every chance you get. whatever makes you feel special i guess lol, i don't have time for that juvenile crap
I think moving him left next year was the plan as I heard it towards the end of the preseason. Honestly, though, wouldn't you rather see us trade up in the first to get a graded LT, and just keep Gilbert where he is?

gloydfan
10-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Gilbert isn't ready to be a starter yet, but there really aren't any good options this year b/c of injuries and lack of talent. But, if it were up to me, I would definately make a commitment to solving the O-line problems in both FA and the draft. I think the line could go from terrible (as we all know it is now) to solid in only a year. Sign a free agent LT, keep Gilbert at RT, Pouncey at C, move Colon to RG, draft another G with 1st pick and let him play LG, and keep Kemo, Essex, and Legursky as backups. Problem solved. Use 2nd and 3rd on bpa for CB or NT. While we're at it, might as well try to sign a ILB to replace Farrior. Just my two cents... I just feel Ben R. deserves a descent line at some point. And if Colon gets hurt again, cut him.

Fire Arians
10-03-2011, 08:25 PM
I think moving him left next year was the plan as I heard it towards the end of the preseason. Honestly, though, wouldn't you rather see us trade up in the first to get a graded LT, and just keep Gilbert where he is?

judging by how this season is going, we might not have to trade up to get a good LT in the first round. But I think gilbert will get better at the rt spot as time goes up. If we can get a stud LT from the draft I'm all for it. It's obvious that o-line is the #1 concern of our team. our defensive secondary concerns were really minor compared to the shitstorm that is our o-line this year

gloydfan
10-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Can't argue that.

ricardisimo
10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
judging by how this season is going, we might not have to trade up to get a good LT in the first round. But I think gilbert will get better at the rt spot as time goes up. If we can get a stud LT from the draft I'm all for it. It's obvious that o-line is the #1 concern of our team. our defensive secondary concerns were really minor compared to the shitstorm that is our o-line this year
For better or for worse, we could suck big, slimy donkey dicks this year and still win all but two more games - the Cheats and Baltimore. Can you imagine going 12-4 with this line? I can.

So, yeah, we'll most likely have to trade up. It won't matter anyway, because they're going to take a DL, NT probably. You know it and I know it.

Steeldude
10-03-2011, 10:57 PM

he could be better at LT than RT. starks was horrible at RT, but significantly better at LT.

with that being said, at least he isn't scott :chuckle:

Rotorhead
10-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Kemo is servicable so we dont need to worry abt guards as much as LT. Between Essex, Colon, Legs and Foster we should have a servicable RG and backups covered. I just for once wish we could go get a FA LT draft our next NT in the first, or viceversa. Our line is one year/player from being avg and that is all we need. Hell our team is on person from being a sure 12-4 (BA)! Justhope BA is gone next season so we can get an OC that can play to our strengths and use a dam FB

pete74
10-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Gilbert, Pouncey and the rest of our line sucked sunday. they were all overpowered the entire game. i never saw Pouncey bulldozed so many times and gurentee he wont be seeing the Pro Bowl this year. as for Gilbert playing LT, he isnt ready to play RT but our entire line should be sitting on the bench with him

BKAnthem
10-04-2011, 10:14 AM
:screwy:

next. :coffee:

sorry...just weird not seeing you in full Homer mode..

BKAnthem
10-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Gilbert, Pouncey and the rest of our line sucked sunday. they were all overpowered the entire game. i never saw Pouncey bulldozed so many times and gurentee he wont be seeing the Pro Bowl this year. as for Gilbert playing LT, he isnt ready to play RT but our entire line should be sitting on the bench with him

I agree, it seems the whole line has regressed and that lies with the position coach.