PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Cincy last week,....

BAC
06-08-2006, 05:13 PM
This may not warrent it's own thread, but I thought I'd share my experience of a trip to Cincinatti last week. My job requires me to travel to larger cities around Ohio/Indiana. I get dirty somtimes, so It's a t-shirt/jeans type of job. On this day i was required to go to downtown cincinatti, like many other times. Also, I was wearing one of my many Steelers t-shirts, ( like many other times ). I arrived at my destination, and was required to walk around the block,...no big deal. BUT, on this trip, from a passing car full of people, a full bottle of Mt Dew was hurled at me, with "Steelers suck!" being shouted from the car. I was a little shocked,...but then various obscenities have been shouted at me before while wearing my Blak & Gold in Bengal territory. But what really bothered me more than anything, was that if the rolls were reversed, I would have just said to myself, " those f*%@ing, Bengals,....lol. Maybe I shouldn't wear my Steelers stuff in cincy anymore,........:dang: YEAH RIGHT ! :) What's more "impressive" is that this was LAST WEEK! It's hard to "talk facts" when they're speeding away, lol. Also, on a side note, I remember anti-Steeler BILLBOARDS along major roads around the city after their playoff loss. Yeah, they are a classy bunch. :rolleyes:

SteelerFanInCA
06-08-2006, 05:26 PM
What a bunch of pricks. Once again, it had to be Nicholson and Henry who did the "drive by Mountain Dewing". Keep wearing the black & gold proudly. Screw those clowns.

83-Steelers-43
06-08-2006, 05:27 PM
No surprise there. When entering that city, your surrounded by complete tools. Look no further than "The Blast Furnace" on this MB for further proof. For the last fifteen years I'm sure you could have walked down any street in that city sporting Steelers gear and nobody would have bothered you. They were too busy in their holes. I feel for you brother.

Elvis
06-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Even no one else is replying... I think it is funny that those people did that.. It was probably someone that doesnt know that much about NFL Football anyway.
Bengals fans are so upset that they only won the AFC North Tittle last season and We (steelers won the SUPER BOWL Baby!!
God Bless
Elvis

RoethlisBURGHer
06-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Typical fans of the Bengals.They probally became fans in the middle of last year anyways.

BAC
06-08-2006, 05:37 PM
No surprise there. When entering that city, your surrounded by complete tools. For the last fifteen years I'm sure you could have walked down any street in that city sporting Steelers gear and nobody would have bothered you. They were too busy in their holes. I feel for you brother.

YEP, thats kinda my point, I've been to Cleveland, Indy, etc. All while wearing Steelers stuff. The "other" people I've actually talked to just kinda say "oh well",.....or say that the Steelers are tough,....etc. At least showing respect. Cincinatti IS "different" . I've read all sorts of trash talking, but I've seen it all first hand.

But again,...they SHOULD show respect for the best team in football,.....win OR lose.
But then again, I'm kinda biased. lol

tony hipchest
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
next time walk around with a rock in your pocket or hand. if you got a good arm you can probably put out their front or back winshield.

Ohio Steeler
06-08-2006, 10:00 PM
This may not warrent it's own thread, but I thought I'd share my experience of a trip to Cincinatti last week. My job requires me to travel to larger cities around Ohio/Indiana. I get dirty somtimes, so It's a t-shirt/jeans type of job. On this day i was required to go to downtown cincinatti, like many other times. Also, I was wearing one of my many Steelers t-shirts, ( like many other times ). I arrived at my destination, and was required to walk around the block,...no big deal. BUT, on this trip, from a passing car full of people, a full bottle of Mt Dew was hurled at me, with "Steelers suck!" being shouted from the car. I was a little shocked,...but then various obscenities have been shouted at me before while wearing my Blak & Gold in Bengal territory. But what really bothered me more than anything, was that if the rolls were reversed, I would have just said to myself, " those f*%@ing, Bengals,....lol. Maybe I shouldn't wear my Steelers stuff in cincy anymore,........:dang: YEAH RIGHT ! :) What's more "impressive" is that this was LAST WEEK! It's hard to "talk facts" when they're speeding away, lol. Also, on a side note, I remember anti-Steeler BILLBOARDS along major roads around the city after their playoff loss. Yeah, they are a classy bunch. :rolleyes:

I have to say I would expect nothin less from the inbred Kentucky want a be's

they where just acting like there mom/dad/uncle taught them like a bunch of ( I better stop beofre I get in trouble).....

I.C. Lights
06-08-2006, 10:32 PM
BUT, on this trip, from a passing car full of people, a full bottle of Mt Dew was hurled at me, with "Steelers suck!" being shouted from the car.

:rofl: I'm sorry but that's priceless. Have any of you ever seen Harold & Kumar? Sorta reminds me of that a little - those pathetic Mt Dew guys?. Maybe we're just not "intense" enough for Cincy...

...at least in Philly they have the courtesy to throw beer at you.

floodcitygirl
06-08-2006, 10:33 PM
This may not warrent it's own thread, but I thought I'd share my experience of a trip to Cincinatti last week. My job requires me to travel to larger cities around Ohio/Indiana. I get dirty somtimes, so It's a t-shirt/jeans type of job. On this day i was required to go to downtown cincinatti, like many other times. Also, I was wearing one of my many Steelers t-shirts, ( like many other times ). I arrived at my destination, and was required to walk around the block,...no big deal. BUT, on this trip, from a passing car full of people, a full bottle of Mt Dew was hurled at me, with "Steelers suck!" being shouted from the car. I was a little shocked,...but then various obscenities have been shouted at me before while wearing my Blak & Gold in Bengal territory. But what really bothered me more than anything, was that if the rolls were reversed, I would have just said to myself, " those f*%@ing, Bengals,....lol. Maybe I shouldn't wear my Steelers stuff in cincy anymore,........:dang: YEAH RIGHT ! :) What's more "impressive" is that this was LAST WEEK! It's hard to "talk facts" when they're speeding away, lol. Also, on a side note, I remember anti-Steeler BILLBOARDS along major roads around the city after their playoff loss. Yeah, they are a classy bunch. :rolleyes: Sorry for your experience. Not all Bengal fans are THAT bad! Next time you're coming into Cincy, let us know. I can tell you a couple of really great STEELER hangouts that will make you feel right at home!

I wear my STEELER gear regularly (around the suburbs though). I've had lots of groans and teasing but usually I just end up getting great service! :smile:

83-Steelers-43
06-08-2006, 10:38 PM
But again,...they SHOULD show respect for the best team in football,.....win OR lose.
But then again, I'm kinda biased. lol

That's the city of Cinci for you. Been there many of times for games and business.

SteelCityMan786
06-08-2006, 10:46 PM

Classy Bunch Of Whining ***** Bitches:sofunny:

Stlrs4Life
06-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Truly sad, I work with a bunch of loser Browns fans, and they don't do half of anything stupid like that.

HburgXL06
06-09-2006, 03:49 AM
next time walk around with a rock in your pocket or hand. if you got a good arm you can probably put out their front or back winshield.

.......Or a sawed off, at least that way they wouldn't try to act tough and throw it in reverse when you broke their window. Buckshot does wonders.

BuFu

clevestinks
06-09-2006, 04:49 AM
iTS SO FUNNY TO HEAR cleveland or cinci fans yelling Pittsburgh sucks! I hear it all the time. Well if it were true, and Pittsburgh does suck, whats that say about them! They SUCK WORSE?????

Steel Pit
06-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Is to be expected. I can't go to Cincinnati without nearly or actually getting into a fight. My experiences have taught me that even the males fight like queens in the "Queen City".
Typical coward A S S Bengals fans. :rocket:

Suitanim
06-09-2006, 09:47 AM
I woudn't sweat it...give the Bengals a year or two and, given their arrest record rate alone, they'll be back in the basement playing 5-11 ball, and the fans will hop back on their Colts bandwagon again...

Hines86Ward
06-09-2006, 12:26 PM
I lived in Cincinnati for the past 10 years. They never did ANYTHING when I would wear my Steelers gear, and I wore it ALOT. I remember I went down to watch one of the Steelers-Bengals game last season with some of my friends, and I went to a gas station to pick up some drinks. And the lady refused to sell me anything.....

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-09-2006, 12:43 PM
I lived in Cincinnati for the past 10 years. They never did ANYTHING when I would wear my Steelers gear, and I wore it ALOT. I remember I went down to watch one of the Steelers-Bengals game last season with some of my friends, and I went to a gas station to pick up some drinks. And the lady refused to sell me anything.....

As a Steeler fan..she realized you would notice her lack of math skills when making change...:dang: :sofunny: :dang:

kmsteelerwr15
06-09-2006, 03:39 PM
As a Steeler fan..she realized you would notice her lack of math skills when making change...:dang: :sofunny: :dang:

HAHAHAHAHAHA That's funny right there:sofunny:

SteelerzGirl
06-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Sorry for your experience. Not all Bengal fans are THAT bad! Next time you're coming into Cincy, let us know. I can tell you a couple of really great STEELER hangouts that will make you feel right at home!

I wear my STEELER gear regularly (around the suburbs though). I've had lots of groans and teasing but usually I just end up getting great service! :smile:

Oh you're just saying that because "you know who" is a Bengals fan...(lol). :wink:

BAC
06-10-2006, 09:08 AM
iTS SO FUNNY TO HEAR cleveland or cinci fans yelling Pittsburgh sucks! I hear it all the time. Well if it were true, and Pittsburgh does suck, whats that say about them! They SUCK WORSE?????

LOL, exactly, whenever I hear that, I think the same thing, "Uhhh, yeaaahhh, WE suck? " :rolleyes:

----- I'm sorry but that's priceless. Have any of you ever seen Harold & Kumar? Sorta reminds me of that a little - those pathetic Mt Dew guys?. Maybe we're just not "intense" enough for Cincy...------ Great, now I have to watch THAT movie too,..lol

Sorry for your experience. Not all Bengal fans are THAT bad! Next time you're coming into Cincy, let us know. I can tell you a couple of really great STEELER hangouts that will make you feel right at home!

Oh yeah, I Suppose they ALL aren't that bad. Just those crazy fans that think THIER team is the best.

Wait, I know other fans like that, but WE happen to be right. :cheers:

noto45
06-10-2006, 09:09 PM
cant wait to kick there ass twic this year!