PDA

View Full Version : Harrison out!!!!!

BIGNASTY91
10-04-2011, 12:18 PM
For a number of weeks! According to NFL.com. He is to have surgery on a broken eye socket wed! :banging: :banging: :banging:

mizzouristeeler
10-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Read the timmons will start at rolb and foote will start at mlb. Great foote and farrior in the middle.

frunko1
10-04-2011, 12:22 PM
I heard that on Sirius nfl radio, but missed part of it and couldn't find it anywhere else. Glad you confirmed what I heard, thought I was hearing things.

Who is his replacement? Also shame its Harrison, he has been doing good so far this season at filling his responsibilities.

frunko1
10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Read the timmons will start at rolb and foote will start at mlb. Great foote and farrior in the middle.

This is going to be a long couple of weeks.

Atlanta Dan
10-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Sounds like Timmons to OLB was the only valid option

Jason Worilds, who backs up Harrison, has a quad strain that makes him doubtful for the game as well

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11277/1179676-100.stm

Those who want to see Sylvester play may get their wish

Wallabeast17
10-04-2011, 12:35 PM
I heard that on Sirius nfl radio, but missed part of it and couldn't find it anywhere else. Glad you confirmed what I heard, thought I was hearing things.

Who is his replacement? Also shame its Harrison, he has been doing good so far this season at filling his responsibilities.

Should be Worilds but it is going to be Timmons moving to ROLB and Foote coming in and playing Timmons old role..

Fire Arians
10-04-2011, 12:44 PM
thats gay

jtbsteeler
10-04-2011, 12:45 PM
If anyone watched the game and replay of the "hit" on Harrison, the LT clearly lowered his head and headbutted James. Will we hear anything about this from the league? No. Tomlin will sit on his hands and stay contreversy free. It might get bad for Tomlin here soon. I welcome the pressure. He needs to get his head out of the sand.

SteeleReign
10-04-2011, 01:07 PM
If anyone watched the game and replay of the "hit" on Harrison, the LT clearly lowered his head and headbutted James. Will we hear anything about this from the league? No. Tomlin will sit on his hands and stay contreversy free. It might get bad for Tomlin here soon. I welcome the pressure. He needs to get his head out of the sand.

I saw the same thing. I'm surprised Harrison didn't make mention of that. It was obvious that the OL-man dropped his head and initiated contact with the crown of his helmet.

Where's the outrage Goodell?!?!

CTFan
10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I have no doubt that he'll get a big fine, and rightly so. Doesn't matter that the victim was JH.

4xSBChamps
10-04-2011, 01:20 PM
"... can we possibly fine Harrison...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg

... when HE is hit in the head???"

jjpro11
10-04-2011, 01:46 PM
"... can we possibly fine Harrison...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg

... when HE is hit in the head???"

well... Harrison's helmet did make contact with another player's helmet.. so yeah.. $50k is a fair amount i'd say. :flap:

Lokki
10-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I had a blowout fracture of my left eye orbit about 25 years ago. It sucked. The muscle was caught in the fracture and I couldn't move my eye at all until I had surgery. Thankfully I had a good surgeon and if you look at me now, you can't tell. My doctor was surprised though that I never got a black eye. She said that it is the first time she has ever seen a fracture like that without a black eye. Us Steelers fans are just tough like that!

:helmet: :tt02:

I hope that James has a speedy recovery. We need him out there.

ggoldman
10-04-2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-v2QPQBoOQ&feature=youtu.be

tony hipchest
10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
the hit on harrison is not a fineable offense or even a penalty. the guys in the trenches are not ball catchers or ball throwers and are not in a defenseless position. (kinda the same reason why you can pretty much get away hitting a running back anywhere unless he is catching the ball).

linemen (lb's, te's, blockers and rushers) make helmet to helmet contact on every single play.

anyways, so much for PFT's bogus speculation that the steelers were covering up a concussion to get him back out in the game. it was pretty obvious he had a cracked or severely injured orbital socket.

i heard local radio speculate its eyebrow/ forehead, but im saying it is on the side of the face in the upper cheek bone area (some of the thinest bone of the outer skull).

Rick5895
10-04-2011, 03:35 PM
We will miss James but looking back into the 90's when Greg Lloyd tore his patellar tendon and missed a season, we moved Chad Brown from ILB to OLB and Chad promptly became a pro bowl OLB in fact he had something like 13 sacks. Chad wasn't near the player Timmons is (IMO) so this really could unleash a beast in Lawrence. I would have rather seen Sly in there at ILB but there must something we don't know in regards to him. Perhaps he isn't picking up the intricacies of the D.

tanda10506
10-04-2011, 04:07 PM

Ok, now the sky is falling

Buddha Bus
10-04-2011, 04:15 PM
We will miss James but looking back into the 90's when Greg Lloyd tore his patellar tendon and missed a season, we moved Chad Brown from ILB to OLB and Chad promptly became a pro bowl OLB in fact he had something like 13 sacks. Chad wasn't near the player Timmons is (IMO) so this really could unleash a beast in Lawrence. I would have rather seen Sly in there at ILB but there must something we don't know in regards to him. Perhaps he isn't picking up the intricacies of the D.

Oh, you'll still see more of Sylvester out there because he is now the primary backup for both Farrior and Foote. We'll see what he has to offer now, good or bad.

Fire Haley
10-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Orbital bone fractures usually put hockey players out for a month,.

I say what the hell. Make the defense shuffle it's schemes for a change, no more guessing, just play your position.

Let him rest his back too.

We draft enough LB's every year, maybe somebody will step up - time to put the big boys pads on..maybe it will light a fire under some fat wallet players.

Steel_Bus_24
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
This is a blow......Silverback was just starting to get really angry

Atlanta Dan
10-04-2011, 04:55 PM
It probably is before the time of most posters, but the injuries remind me of when the 1980 team broke down

That season featured the disappearance of the pass rush and lots of injuries on an aging team

ricardisimo
10-04-2011, 04:58 PM
You know, this is shaping up to be one of those silver lining sort of seasons. We're being forced to look at our rookies and 2nd-year guys in sharp detail. If we can do that and still make the playoffs, all will be good. Better than good, really.

Fire Haley
10-04-2011, 05:19 PM
"Troy, Woodley and Timmons - - you have to save the season" - - signed; James Harrison's busted eye bone

yea verily

Atlanta Dan
10-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Looks like Harrison is out until the Sunday night game against Baltimore - since I assumed pre-season the Steelers woudl lose the New England game set for the previous week I would sit him until November 6

There is a chance that Harrison could be back in three weeks. As AFC West blogger Bill Williamson pointed out, Raiders running back Darren McFadden missed 18 days of practice in this year's training camp when he fractured an orbital bone. And McFadden hasn't shown any long-term effects.

If this timetable is right for Harrison, the Steelers would have him back when they play the New England Patriots and Tom Brady on Oct. 30.

According to ESPN.com injury expert Stephania Bell, a study showed the average time to return from this type of injury to be 25 days, although there are many variables. Bell said the Steelers could expect Harrison to be out at least four weeks.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/32757/loss-of-harrison-shuffles-steelers-lineup

Fire Haley
10-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Mike Tomlin: "Next man up, bitches"

MACH1
10-04-2011, 05:26 PM
It probably is before the time of most posters, but the injuries remind me of when the 1980 team broke down

That season featured the disappearance of the pass rush and lots of injuries on an aging team

Nooooooo.....Not the dark ages of the 80's. :sofunny:

Atlanta Dan
10-04-2011, 05:28 PM

Getting old sucks, but having seen the 70s Steelers live rather than on NFL Films is one benefit of being a codger

Buddha Bus
10-04-2011, 05:29 PM

Aw, c'mon MACH.... at least there was this to make up for it. :chuckle:

0_Pq0xYr3L4

rich4eagle
10-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Harrison is and has been the motor of the defense for some years... His loss is huge, compounded with the O problems

sucking up....................is way needed

MACH1
10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
:toofunny::toofunny:

Yep....getting old sucks. :old:

Buddha Bus
10-04-2011, 05:35 PM
:toofunny::toofunny:

Yep....getting old sucks. :old:

Totally fer sure! :wink02: :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
10-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Getting old sucks, but having seen the 70s Steelers live rather than on NFL Films is one benefit of being a codger

well-put!!!

MACH1
10-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Totally fer sure! :wink02: :chuckle:

Gag me with a spoon. :chuckle:

489pO9q8guA

Buddha Bus
10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Gag me with a spoon. :chuckle:

489pO9q8guA

Some may say the Steelers of that era were "grody to the max!". :sofunny:

Fire Haley
10-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Let Charlie Batch lead us to another 3-1 streak.....I'm in.

cloppbeast
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Goodell: "I guess we'll have to fine James again for another helmet-to-helmet hit. Probably about $50,000 this time to really set an example out.........."

Assistant: "Um....actually, this time the other guy hit him. It broke his eye-socket"

Goodell: "Good point. Just fine him $5,000"

steeltheone
10-04-2011, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=Rick5895;950711]We will miss James but looking back into the 90's when Greg Lloyd tore his patellar tendon and missed a season, we moved Chad Brown from ILB to OLB and Chad promptly became a pro bowl OLB in fact he had something like 13 sacks. Chad wasn't near the player Timmons is (IMO) so this really could unleash a beast in Lawrence. I would have rather seen Sly in there at ILB but there must something we don't know in regards to him. Perhaps he isn't picking up the intricacies of the D.[/QUOTE

Timmons potential is better than Chad Brown...To this point Chad Brown is the better player...

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
It might get bad for Tomlin here soon. I welcome the pressure. He needs to get his head out of the sand.

I know, after three losing seasons, and going 0.000 so far this year, we will probably.....wait a minute...

...Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that is the youngest head coach to win the SB? Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that is like 48-22, took us to the SB 2 out of his first 4 seasons, and got us win 6 in his second season? Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that has coached the league's best defense for 3 out of his 4 seasons here? Are we talking about the Mike Tomlin that coached what was historically one of the best defenses in 2008?

REALLY? Are you telling me that all it takes is 2 LOSSES for the "NFL's best fanbase" to cancel all this out and turn on their head coach?

Fxxking sad.....the sky is falling.

wera176
10-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I know, after three losing seasons, and going 0.000 so far this year, we will probably.....wait a minute...

...Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that is the youngest head coach to win the SB? Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that is like 48-22, took us to the SB 2 out of his first 4 seasons, and got us win 6 in his second season? Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that has coached the league's best defense for 3 out of his 4 seasons here? Are we talking about the Mike Tomlin that coached what was historically one of the best defenses in 2008?

REALLY? Are you telling me that all it takes is 2 LOSSES for the "NFL's best fanbase" to cancel all this out and turn on their head coach?

Fxxking sad.....the sky is falling.

Agree. :tt04:

Bottom line is that we Steeler fans are spoiled, spoiled rotten. As soon as we struggle the fan-base goes ape and wants to change everything. We act like spoiled little punks, "If we had picked the draft pick I wanted" or "I told you so" or "see, so-and-so does suck.." or..

I'm from the Pitt area (Butler) but have lived in Cincinnati since '90 and I will tell you they would KILL to have the problems the Steelers have. I had a football savy Bungle fan tell me once after Ben had one of his less-than -stellar games that he'd still take him on the Bungles any time. The fans (the few that are left) still bemoan the fact that the Bungels "lost" Dick LeBeau. Name the last coach of Tomlin's caliber on either the Bungles or the Stains? Dave Shula anyone? When the Bungles made it to the play-offs a few years ago, there were people old enough to legally drink that didn't remember the last time the Bengals were even IN the play-offs. When I was told that by a buddy of mine at the bar, I was kinda shocked, but it was true.

Being a Steeler fan is easy.... :tt03:

Rick5895
10-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Agree. :tt04:

Bottom line is that we Steeler fans are spoiled, spoiled rotten. As soon as we struggle the fan-base goes ape and wants to change everything. We act like spoiled little punks, "If we had picked the draft pick I wanted" or "I told you so" or "see, so-and-so does suck.." or..

I'm from the Pitt area (Butler) but have lived in Cincinnati since '90 and I will tell you they would KILL to have the problems the Steelers have. I had a football savy Bungle fan tell me once after Ben had one of his less-than -stellar games that he'd still take him on the Bungles any time. The fans (the few that are left) still bemoan the fact that the Bungels "lost" Dick LeBeau. Name the last coach of Tomlin's caliber on either the Bungles or the Stains? Dave Shula anyone? When the Bungles made it to the play-offs a few years ago, there were people old enough to legally drink that didn't remember the last time the Bengals were even IN the play-offs. When I was told that by a buddy of mine at the bar, I was kinda shocked, but it was true.

Being a Steeler fan is easy.... :tt03:

Absolutely agree with everything you have said.:thumbsup:
Granted we have some deficiencies and a couple of players have lost a step. There are mental mistakes being made on the field, that happens. The positives, however, far outweigh the negaitves with this team. We have a good core of young players (if they ever see the field, lol) We are lacking on the OL, but I'm confident that will be addressed in the near future. We are a lot closer to dominating the NFL again than we are to being a bad team.
We are now seeing the benefits of drafting these LB's (injuries to Harrisn and Worilds), This may be a tough year but we will be back on the top of the mountain sooner rather than later. There are lots of fans in the NFL that wish thier teams had our problems.

tony hipchest
10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
james is out of surgery and doing well-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/harrisonpirate.jpg

:sofunny:

4xSBChamps
10-05-2011, 03:36 PM

... imagine what the other poor SoB looks-like...

tony hipchest
10-05-2011, 04:04 PM
... imagine what the other poor SoB looks-like...

HA!

the cool thing is, he's still doing his weekly twitter, steeler game ticket, giveaway for the fans this evening.

ricardisimo
10-05-2011, 04:25 PM
james is out of surgery and doing well-

:sofunny:
Classic. I'm assuming he took this picture himself. The pirate snarl was a nice touch.

tony hipchest
10-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Classic. I'm assuming he took this picture himself. The pirate snarl was a nice touch.yeah, attached to the pic was a tweet that read "i feel like a pirate...LMAO" which illicited a quite witty quip from a pgh baseball fan-

"is that because of the eye patch or because you know you wont be playing in october?"

:laughing: ouch! :doh: 19 years and counting....