PDA

View Full Version : HEAT vs. MAVERICKS

tony hipchest
06-08-2006, 05:31 PM
maybe not met with much fanfare on this board but i think it will live up to most other series this year. close and hard fought. im torn. 2 damn good teams. if shaq and wade keep up the pace theyve established i think its the heat in 6 but i hope its the mavericks in 7. i dont care either way really i just wanna see a long competitive series which it seems it will be. no player has more to gain in this series than dwayne wade. josh howard seems like a future star. my sentimental favorite is gary payton. (and who can root against avery johnson? -besides koopa :sofunny: )

Koopa
06-08-2006, 05:35 PM
go heat and i hope it's a blow out 4 game sweep with the refs f'king the mavs over left and right.............and f'k that traitor gumbo eating fool

Lyn
06-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Just got home and am watching the game now. I am curious as to how Wad edoes, he is a great player.

Lyn
06-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Mavericks look like a better team to me, at least from this last quarter which is all Ihave seen.

Ohio Steeler
06-08-2006, 10:55 PM
well it is 2-1 now still in favor of the Heat

Koopa
06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
**** this series is over. damn i hope dirk tears everything in his knee.....f'k class i hate the mavs and i seriously wish injury on these bastards

tony hipchest
06-08-2006, 11:06 PM
mavs played kinda crappy, missed alot of easy shots, and still won by 10. still just game one though. if i was a mav id tell cuban not to fire up shaq cause he is a dog you better let lie.

CantStop85
06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Imagine what the Mavs will do to the Heat when Nowitzki actually shows up.

The Mavs are just too deep for the heat.

HburgXL06
06-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Go Heat! I hate any team from Dallas.

BuFu

Ohio Steeler
06-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Go Heat! I hate any team from Dallas.

BuFu

I am with you on this one

Prosdo
06-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Sorry I like the Mavericks! I'm a Dirk Nowitzki fan! Let's go Mavs!

Koopa
06-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Sorry I like the Mavericks! I'm a Dirk Nowitzki fan! Let's go Mavs!

that's it, i'm neg repping the hell out of you lol j/p but seriously you have bad taste lol

Prosdo
06-09-2006, 04:18 AM
lol I hate everything else Dallas if that helps any. I started watching them because Dirk was my favorite so they became my team.

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2006, 10:13 AM
The only person the mavericks that really gets any respect out of me is Cuban. Why else? he is a pittsburgh area native. Other than that, I hate Dallas. But I'm gonna give them some support since it's the team Cuban owns.

Prosdo
06-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Woohoo Mav's game tonight! Let's Go Mavs!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-11-2006, 02:17 PM
I want the Mavs to win also. Dirk is the man. Cuban is a Pitt guy and he wants to buy the Pirates. Which I hope does. Plus Shaq already has three rings. It would be cool for Zo and Gary Payton to get one. But I can't Pat Riley. Wade is a bad ass but he is young and has alot of time left win a ring.

Prosdo
06-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Man the Mavs are dominating!

tony hipchest
06-11-2006, 10:32 PM
the mavs are straight up making the heat look like fools. heat can easilly win the next 2 and make it a series though. it still baffles me how the mavs can give up nash and finley and become a better team.

Prosdo
06-11-2006, 10:55 PM
The Mav defense has been playing very well. Way to go Mavericks on going up 2-0!!!

tony hipchest
06-11-2006, 11:12 PM
The Mav defense has been playing very well. Way to go Mavericks on going up 2-0!!! shaq scored 5 points. its over if that continues. heat is getting spanked regardless of how beautiful oneil thinks he is. im very close to saying the heat have no chance.

Prosdo
06-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I was never big on Shaq. So him being stopped makes it even better!

Koopa
06-11-2006, 11:25 PM
damn i hate popovich, tim was telling him he needs to draft josh howard (cause they are both wake forest players) but nooooooooooooooooooo pop wants to save money for jason kidd. stupid ass lol............oh well this series is over, the heat will be lucky to win one....oh well at least the title stays in the best state in america so i can't be to mad lol

CowherLover
06-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Koop, what the hell's the matter with you?! Givin up that easy?! Damn man, I thought you was better than that. You know it's goin to Miami for an ass beatin, so quit playin! Shaq and Dwayne and the boys just needed a breather and now they've emberassed themselves so it ain't gonna be pretty for the next few games! Someone get Vegas on Line One!!! Just playin, but for real, they ain't goin down like that, believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Koopa
06-12-2006, 01:10 AM
i'm quiting cause i don't give a shit for either team. and i guess i rather have gumbo eater get his ring and keep the title here in the best state in america then see fat daddy win the championship. and i'm ready for the offseason to start, can't wait to see the spurs torn apart

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 09:03 AM
and i guess i rather have gumbo eater get his ring

averys a pimp an straight lacin' g. hedz betta reconize.

maybe the series will get a little better in miami, but so far it hasnt lived up to billing. dwayne wade is nasty though.

CowherLover
06-12-2006, 09:52 AM
What did you guys think of that technical that Wade was called for? He must have said something pretty bad because he didn't appear to be that animated. Hopefully Miami will at least make a showing in game 3.

Koopa
06-12-2006, 02:31 PM
averys a pimp an straight lacin' g. hedz betta reconize.

maybe the series will get a little better in miami, but so far it hasnt lived up to billing. dwayne wade is nasty though.

no he's a gumbo eating traitor

and if stern has his way the heat will win the next three and then win in game 7

Prosdo
06-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Let's Go Mavericks!

tony hipchest
06-15-2006, 10:49 PM
anyone who thinks this series is over hasnt seen too many 2-3-2 finals series in sports.

pirates/braves

bulls/knicks

etc.

and anyone who blames gary paytons only made shot or dirks missed fg in game 3, on coaching is mistaken. basketball, more than any other sport, is about execution on the field.

we got us a series now!

BigSteelThrill
06-16-2006, 05:59 AM
After 16 quarters of play...

Heat 361
Mavs 359

... all tied up at 2 games each.

Koopa
06-16-2006, 06:22 PM
stackhouse is suspended for game 5, should be intresting

CowherLover
06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Stack's blamin it on ESPN guys, I'm still surprised they actually suspended him though. Hard foul but now it's gonna be the whole "What If?" if Miami is able to pull it off.

CantStop85
06-16-2006, 09:27 PM
That's ridiculous...it wasn't even a type 2 flagrant foul. I hate Dwyane Wade...he beat UK a couple years back in the NCAA tourney with Marquette because Keith Bogans was too injured to guard him and now if he wins the NBA title the analysts will officially dub him God.

CowherLover
06-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Ya gotta give hin some props. I'm not huge on basketball until the playoffs and a little in between, but he has skills. He had no angle on the basket several times last night and miraculously it just kept goin in! Saw LeBron on the night before X-Mas Eve this past year, man yoy want to talk about UNREAL! See that shit in person for the first time and it would make you a fan too!

Lyn
06-16-2006, 11:01 PM
I probably shoul dnot say anything in this thread as I have made my position crystal clear.

I do have a comment though.......Duane Wade seems like a drama king to me when he gets hurt, he really plays it up! to the point of it being sickening.

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Even without stackhouse DALLAS will win it all. LET'S GO MAVS!

Koopa
06-18-2006, 09:37 PM
well the mavs are the champions, but at least that stupid german won't be the finals mvp

Prosdo
06-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Josh Howard is a moron!

Koopa
06-18-2006, 11:37 PM
didn't watch the game so whatever howard did i love him for it lol. this is going 7

Prosdo
06-18-2006, 11:42 PM
1.9 Left in overtime. Miami down by 1. Wade shooting 2 free throws. Wade makes the first and Howard calls time out and wastes the last 1.

Koopa
06-18-2006, 11:57 PM
that was gumbo eaters fault, he showed the timeout sign before he was saying don't call it, and howard got confused, so that all on that traitor gumbo eating coach lol

BigSteelThrill
06-19-2006, 12:38 AM
that was gumbo eaters fault, he showed the timeout sign before he was saying don't call it, and howard got confused, so that all on that traitor gumbo eating coach lol

Yes it was.

He was actually yelling for a timeout and using 2 fingers... then Howard rebuked him and put up 1 finger.

Then after it all happend AJ started arguing with the Refs holding up 2 fingers.

If he had a problem when the time out was called, he should have been arguing with his player. If he thought he had 2 TOs instead of 1... he would go to the refs, which he did. Especially as demonstrative as he was, when he was yelling "time out" as clear as day.

Prosdo
06-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Either way what a waste. Sure 1.9 isn't a lot of time but they would have had a better chance.

CowherLover
06-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Koopa, I gotta tell ya, I have been calling him gumbo eater since I read your post and everyone is laughing their a$$ off. I of course tell them where it came from, but I just had to tell you that I LMAO everytime I say it! You crack my sh*t up man!

Steel12
06-19-2006, 02:21 PM
The refs were horrible last night. No way should one person go to the line just as many times as the other team in the finals...no way.

Koopa
06-19-2006, 03:15 PM
that's what vince mcmahon i mean david stern wanted. hopefully it's more of the same in game 6 lol....but this is going to game 7 for sure. the mavs will probably still win it all

Steel12
06-19-2006, 03:20 PM
You would hope that the players would decide the series but it's too one-sided. I don't even like Dallas and I know they're gettin jobbed.

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 05:03 PM
i hate blamin the refs cause up until the 4th quarter the questionnable calls going both ways but for dwayne wayde to catch and dribble the ball into the backcourt?

ive never seen a backcourt violation not called. its one of the easiest calls to make. the mavs missed about 5 easy shots in the 1st half that i knew were gonna come back to haunt them. cant blame that on the coaches or refs. what sense is it to be perfect at the stripe and start banking it off the rim when it really counts.

Koopa
06-19-2006, 05:12 PM
in the last two mins of a basketball game you are allowed to throw the ball in the backcourt. i think mark cuban needs to read up on the rules before he runs around bitching about stuff lol

offtopic- steel12 why do you have such a low rep count???

Blitzburgh55
06-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Mavs are gonna win in 7

alwilson91
06-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Mavs are gonna win in 7

Agreed, this series has been and will continue to be dominated by the home team, or so I hope!

Koopa
06-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Agreed, this series has been and will continue to be dominated by the home team, or so I hope!

do you post on nbawire???

Prosdo
06-19-2006, 10:45 PM

I'm hoping so as well!

Steel12
06-20-2006, 08:54 AM
in the last two mins of a basketball game you are allowed to throw the ball in the backcourt. i think mark cuban needs to read up on the rules before he runs around bitching about stuff lol

offtopic- steel12 why do you have such a low rep count???

Wade wasn't completely established in the backcourt and it should've been called but oh well.

As for my rep count, lol, ask the people who I've pissed off already by just voicing my opinion. Oh well...I love everybody :smile:

BlackNGold203
06-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Im pulling for dallas...i want Cuban to get a championship...I also want him to buy the Pirates....

Ohio Steeler
06-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Im pulling for dallas...i want Cuban to get a championship...I also want him to buy the Pirates....

that would be nice however I just dont think it will happen

now back to topic...

The Mavs are done and it is all because of one player Dwyane Wade who is on fire and no on can stop him

Steel12
06-20-2006, 11:52 AM
that would be nice however I just dont think it will happen

now back to topic...

The Mavs are done and it is all because of one player Dwyane Wade who is on fire and no on can stop him

Wade won't get all those calls he got at home the next two games. It will be a tough game for Miami to win especially since Dallas handled them so easily the first two games.

CowherLover
06-20-2006, 12:51 PM
I just hope next year they can start the games before 9:00,lol. My internal clock doesn't hardly allow me to stay awake for the game let alone when it goes to OT.

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 05:53 PM
well, this has been a great series, all i couldve asked for as a general basketball fan. since it could end tonight some thoughts:

kobe has got to be rolling over in his buried in mediocrity grave seeing shaq so easilly defer to dwayne wade.

wade has balls of steel. sure the media is comparing him to jordan. while his play in the clutch and numbers may support that it could be a little premature, but he reminds me of a perfect mix of allen iverson and kobe bryant.

nowistky finally showed some fire (too bad it was in a loss) if he handled the late game pressure at the stripe as well as wade does from the field this series ends last sunday at 4-1

homecourt advantage should play well for the mavs. while some may not approve, i enjoyed watching marc cuban cussing out the refs and d. stern in his stackhouse jersey after the last game.

stackhouse should provide a boost but im wondering how howard will handle his timeout guffaw with 1.9 seconds on the clock. he needs to let it go.

gary payton may be old and not getting many minutes but he is a sure fire hall of famer. dallas better play him as such.

this series needs to go 7 games

Koopa
06-20-2006, 07:33 PM
no damn it, it needs to end this very moment lol. it'll go to 7 for sure. this is what david mcmahon wants. so i'm basically guaranteeing it's going to game 7

CowherLover
06-20-2006, 11:02 PM
HELL YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the Mavs fans, great series but I'm glad the series ended this way!

Koopa
06-20-2006, 11:07 PM
*lets out a HUUUUGGGEEE sigh of relief* thank god my attempt of a jinx on the mavs didn't backfire on me lol.

CowherLover
06-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Koop, just so ya know, Gumbo Eater is forever in my memory. Dude you crack my sh*t up, lol! Peace out, have a good one.

Prosdo
06-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Well unfortunately I barely got to watch the game. I was too busy yelling at Comcast about my phone and internet being out. Then my tv went out during the last 5 minutes!!!

BigSteelThrill
06-20-2006, 11:45 PM
'Grats to the Heat! Grats to the MDE Shaq! MVP Wade!

Kobe is crying

SHAQ:kick:KOBE

3 to be 4
06-21-2006, 05:34 AM
now we have to hear all the Riley is a genius talk.

love these guys (Riley, Jackson..) who take over teams that have built and scratched and clawed 90% up the mountain, superstars in place, take them over the last hurdle, and they are the "best ever"

throw Francona in there. sounds like a thread.

83-Steelers-43
06-21-2006, 08:12 AM
While I would rather have seen the Mavs win (for Cuban), I'm also happy to see Wade win it all. Kid is a class act. Something that is lacking in the NBA.

Prosdo
06-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Yeah I am a Mavs fan but you are right 83. I was happy to see Wade, Mourning, and Payton get rings.

BlackNGold203
06-21-2006, 08:19 AM
I was happy for Wade and Mourning...but I never liked Payton.....

Hawk Believer
06-21-2006, 11:43 AM
I was happy for Wade and Mourning...but I never liked Payton.....
Payton is a polarizing guy. I would say he is kinda like Joey Porter. If he is on the team you support, you can overlook his arrogance and running of the mouth and call it confidence and strategy. But if he is on an opponents team, he is annoying as all get up because he backed up his trash talk most of the time.

I am a big fan of Payton after watching him play his best years out here in Seattle. I do have a distaste for his jawboning and the whole trash talking trend is an aspect of the NBA that has made me less enthusiastic about following the league closely.

But another thing that annoys me about the NBA is the tendency of players to not give a full effort every night during the regular season. That is likely due to the rigourous schedule they have and also to some outright laziness. But GP bucked that trend. That guy played all out, every night, on both ends of the court. Thats what I appreciate about Payton. And thats why I am happy that he got a ring. I imagine he'll hang it up now.

Steel12
06-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Congrats to the Heat...I still think Wade got too many calls but what can ya do. Dallas played inconsistently the whole series. Their top players all had at least 2 bad games and that can't happen if you want to win the title.

Ohio Steeler
06-21-2006, 03:32 PM
I wanted the Mavs to win , however congrats go out to the Heat they just wanted it more and it showed

Brady12
06-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Did anyone see Jason Terry's jersey ge tpulled when he went for the game tying 3 pointer? I don't care if it didn't change his shot, the foul came before he went in the air which is 2 free throws. But considering how game 5 was officiated it ruined the rest of the series for me, and I only decided to watch the final minute last night, after regularly watching games throughout the playoffs.

Steel12
06-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Did anyone see Jason Terry's jersey ge tpulled when he went for the game tying 3 pointer? I don't care if it didn't change his shot, the foul came before he went in the air which is 2 free throws. But considering how game 5 was officiated it ruined the rest of the series for me, and I only decided to watch the final minute last night, after regularly watching games throughout the playoffs.

Exactly...it really killed a good series. The refs fukked it all up. None of the Heat fans I know will admit to the jersey pull. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because they were down by three.

tony hipchest
06-21-2006, 06:03 PM
i hate to bitch about reffing in basketball cause its all so subjective. in tight moments it did seem to favor the heat BUT i counted atleast 11 wide open, uncontested shots, on the mavericks part that they flat out missed. i kept count because this was a trend i noted with them in miami. the norm is you make the easy shots and miss the contested ones. if the mavs make only 2 of these, the ref talk is a moot point.

on the other hand, which emphasizes my point, when ever the heat had an open, uncontested shot it went down. infact it seemed like every shot wade made (he shot better than 50% from the floor) was nothing but net. the maverics were clanking them all night. they got 2 lucky bounces that actually went in. terrys bounce off the top of the backboard comes to mind.

this has nothing to do with coaching or the refs. everything to do with execution. i might go as far to say that avery put his team in better position to win, but rileys team just executed better down the stretch.

anyone notice how hard the mavs tried to get the ball into the paint in the 4th quarter but couldnt. terry was heaving up 3's when everyone knew they werent gonna go down. it was like the heat just quit covering anyone out on the perimeter.

while i wanted the mavs to win i did call the heat in 6. when you got mourning and payton as roll players and walker just fitting in.... thats tuff for any team to deal with.

Koopa
06-21-2006, 06:17 PM
i loved the reffing in this series. big thumbs up to david mcmahon for that. what a great two days in the basketball world for me. mavs lose, and rasho gets traded today

tony hipchest
06-21-2006, 06:27 PM
i loved the reffing in this series. big thumbs up to david mcmahon for that. what a great two days in the basketball world for me. mavs lose, and rasho gets traded today dont give too much credit to the refs or stern. wade is just better than dirk. the heat woulda done the same thing to the spurs, or the suns.

if the mavs had s. nash to add to their current roster it MIGHT have been a little different. atleast to game 7 and possibly the mavs in 6

Black@Gold Forever32
06-21-2006, 06:35 PM
dont give too much credit to the refs or stern. wade is just better than dirk. the heat woulda done the same thing to the spurs, or the suns.

if the mavs had s. nash to add to their current roster it MIGHT have been a little different. atleast to game 7 and possibly the mavs in 6

Wade is just freaking amazing. Talk about a guy putting his team on his back and carrying them. In games 3 through 6 thats exactly what Wade did. I wanted the Mavs to win. But I do like Wade. He was awesome in the NCAA tourament his senior year when he carried Marquette in the tourney. I have been a fan of Wade's ever since.

Koopa
06-21-2006, 07:36 PM
dont give too much credit to the refs or stern. wade is just better than dirk. the heat woulda done the same thing to the spurs, or the suns.

wade is good, but the only reason the heat won the games was cause of the refs, wade playing like shit so all of sudden he starts getting all the calls and going to the line. i'm sorry but if it was the spurs or suns this wouldn't have even been pretty for the heat. bowen would've locked down wade like he does ever great player. and the suns would've just ran all over them with they speed. shaq would've avg. 5 points a game. the mavs are to much of a inbetween the heat got to win. they got some d just not on the level of the spurs, they got speed just not on the level of the suns. yes they beat both of them, but if pop would've stayed with his orignal game plan and not be baited into small ball that would've been our series. the suns lost cause stern wanted the mavs in so the heat could win

tony hipchest
06-21-2006, 07:43 PM
wade is good, but the only reason the heat won the games was cause of the refs, wade playing like shit so all of sudden he starts getting all the calls and going to the line. i'm sorry but if it was the spurs or suns this wouldn't have even been pretty for the heat. bowen would've locked down wade like he does ever great player. and the suns would've just ran all over them with they speed. shaq would've avg. 5 points a game. the mavs are to much of a inbetween the heat got to win. they got some d just not on the level of the spurs, they got speed just not on the level of the suns. yes they beat both of them, but if pop would've stayed with his orignal game plan and not be baited into small ball that would've been our series. the suns lost cause stern wanted the mavs in so the heat could win wade played strong through the whole playoffs. saying hes just "good" is like taking away from bends playoff preformanse based on the sb alone. wade hit his shots regardlesss of the refs. he played inside of the paint. when you play in the paint you get fouls.

ive always been a fan of the spurs. but they wouldve lost. not as bad as the suns wouldve, but the result wouldve been the same. heat win.

Koopa
06-21-2006, 08:05 PM
wade was 3-13 and then all of sudden he started getting all the calls go his way and it started making him look great. like the steelers, the heat were handed the trophey by the refs. i'd take it either way cause you still get rings. but to deny that it's just dumb.

tony hipchest
06-21-2006, 08:15 PM
wade was 3-13 and then all of sudden he started getting all the calls go his way and it started making him look great. like the steelers, the heat were handed the trophey by the refs. i'd take it either way cause you still get rings. but to deny that it's just dumb. (to embrace that is just dumb)

wade made his free throws, just like the steelers made the plays when they counted. to blame the refs is just a cop out. lemme guess.... you think the refs called a perfect series last year vs. the pistons.

Koopa
06-21-2006, 09:44 PM
hell no, the refs where horrible last year, but like i said in that post, i'll take it cause you still are the champions.

tony hipchest
06-21-2006, 09:59 PM
hell no, the refs where horrible last year, but like i said in that post, i'll take it cause you still are the champions. o.k. just checking. the refs are horrible every year because b-ball is one of the hardest sports to officiate.

shaq has gotten away with his hop-step-and jump lay-up for years. the hand check rule is about as ambiguous as the strike zone in baseball. travelling is like a taboo foul to call.

atleast when football changes their rules, the fans are made aware of the change, and the change is enforced. reffs like phil luckett not knowing the diffrence between the words "heads" and "tails" have cost many of teams many of games. but all in all the nfl officiating is the best. i dont understand how you could think the refs GAVE the steelers the bowl. just like i cant understand how the refs affected the mavericks missing 5+ shots without a defender within 7 feet. professional basketball players dont miss those shots.

alwilson91
06-25-2006, 06:17 PM
do you post on nbawire???

Yup...

Sorry, kind of a late response!!!

clevestinks
06-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I was in LA the night Shaq and the Heat won, nobody but me wanted him to get another ring, wonder why???

CowherLover
06-25-2006, 09:12 PM
They're just Haters Cleve!