PDA

View Full Version : Detroit's troubles continue

CantStop85
06-08-2006, 11:05 PM
http://www.KFFL.com

Lions | Team not thinking Williams will contribute soon
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:49:51 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Detroit Lions have made the decision that, until WR Mike Williams demonstrates a noticeable change in his behavior, and few in the organization are expecting anything to be any different any time soon, he will not be contributing to the franchise. Williams is currently running with the third-string offense. The team even has looked into the cost of ridding itself of Williams, but realized it cannot. If the Lions were to cut or trade Williams, they would be hit with a whopping $12 million salary cap charge. Unless Williams changes his attitude, his name will be expected to pop up often on the inactive list this season. The Lions have options at wide receiver, but right now, Mike Williams is not one of them.

Also:

Lions | M. Williams disciplined for tardiness
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:02:42 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Mike Williams (hamstring) was sent home early from last week's minicamp because he missed a treatment for his sore hamstring and was then late for a meeting. Team president Matt Millen was responsible for sending Williams home Thursday, June 1.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-08-2006, 11:09 PM
http://www.KFFL.com

Lions | Team not thinking Williams will contribute soon
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:49:51 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Detroit Lions have made the decision that, until WR Mike Williams demonstrates a noticeable change in his behavior, and few in the organization are expecting anything to be any different any time soon, he will not be contributing to the franchise. Williams is currently running with the third-string offense. The team even has looked into the cost of ridding itself of Williams, but realized it cannot. If the Lions were to cut or trade Williams, they would be hit with a whopping $12 million salary cap charge. Unless Williams changes his attitude, his name will be expected to pop up often on the inactive list this season. The Lions have options at wide receiver, but right now, Mike Williams is not one of them.

Also:

Lions | M. Williams disciplined for tardiness
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:02:42 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Mike Williams (hamstring) was sent home early from last week's minicamp because he missed a treatment for his sore hamstring and was then late for a meeting. Team president Matt Millen was responsible for sending Williams home Thursday, June 1.

Matt Millen sure knows how to draft players. What a clown how does Millen still have a job. Millen must have pictures of the Ford family who owns the Lions having sex with a monkey to save his job.

SteelCityMan786
06-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Matt Millen sure knows how to draft players. What a clown how does Millen still have a job. Millen must have pictures of the Ford family who owns the Lions having sex with a monkey to save his job.

No wonder people want him fired.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-08-2006, 11:20 PM
No wonder people want him fired.

It just blows my mind how Millen still has his job. Lets see Joey Harrington bust. Charles Rogers bust. Mike Williams sure looking like a bust. Roy Williams and Keven Jones have produced some. But both R. Williams and Jones is still very inconsistent. I know the players are at fault to. But to have this many busts in the first round and to still keep his job like Millen is shocking.

tony hipchest
06-08-2006, 11:24 PM
ill give it to r. williams and jones for being injured but youre spot on about the others. bad picks. especially mike.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-08-2006, 11:30 PM
ill give it to r. williams and jones for being injured but youre spot on about the others. bad picks. especially mike.

True that Jones and R. Williams have had some injuries. But at times it seems Roy Williams looks disinterested and half asses at times out there. Now I don't watch every Lions game so I wouldn't call myself a Lions expert by any means. Just something I noticed about Roy the games I have seen him play. Then at times Roy looks like the dominating force he can be.

CantStop85
06-09-2006, 12:18 AM
All I can say is...have fun in Detroit, Kitna.

BB2W
06-09-2006, 12:38 AM
I like Millen since he's a fromer Penn State guy, but this is getting really bad.

SteelerFanInCA
06-09-2006, 01:34 PM
I think that organization went down hill after Barry Sanders decided to hang them up. They have had some pretty crappy luck with their draft picks. Every year it seems as though they are just a few players away from making a play-off spot.

OneForTheToe
06-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Yea, I think Matt Millen is in over his head.

Still, the problem with the Detroit Putty cats starts way before Millen arrived. The ownership is ultimately responsible for this cluster flock of an organization.

I don't think the brain trusts of the steelers or patriots could get this organization to a Superbowl. Although, either would make them drastically better.

Ambridge
06-09-2006, 05:23 PM
It just blows my mind how Millen still has his job. Lets see Joey Harrington bust. Charles Rogers bust. Mike Williams sure looking like a bust. Roy Williams and Keven Jones have produced some. But both R. Williams and Jones is still very inconsistent. I know the players are at fault to. But to have this many busts in the first round and to still keep his job like Millen is shocking.

Wasn't one of Millen's first bad decisions to hire Marty Morningwheg as head coach.......and then later on Steve Marriuci and now hiring Rod Marinelli.

Millen must get his kicks hiring a head coach whose last name ends in "M".

Suitanim
06-09-2006, 06:06 PM
I actually think Martz will make this team better, IN SPITE of that idiot Millen.