PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XL flashback

Ohio Steeler
06-09-2006, 12:39 AM
they say a picture is worth a 1000 words and I do belive with this we get just that

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5316/6771442400x3005fc.jpg

SteelShooter
06-09-2006, 01:37 AM
All I can say is................................

AWESOME!

HburgXL06
06-09-2006, 03:17 AM
Great!!!! He deserved that! I remember that moment. I have never felt so happy in my entire life!

BuFu

Steelersfan
06-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Nice find Ohio Steeler. That's a great picture!

Lyn
06-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Everyone stated crying, including me, when we won. I wish we could do that weekend all over again with the same outcome.

Ohio Steeler
06-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Everyone stated crying, including me, when we won. I wish we could do that weekend all over again with the same outcome.

I did not start crying until I saw the bus holding the Lombardi trophy

kmsteelerwr15
06-09-2006, 03:42 PM
I did not start crying until I saw the bus holding the Lombardi trophy

That's when I began to tear up and then I broke down and cried when he announced his retirement.

blackvelvet
06-09-2006, 05:55 PM
We started counting down when there was ten seconds left. My heart felt like it was going to burst from being overly happy at any given moment. When time ran out, i ran out on my friend's deck and started screaming my head off. (even though her house is in the middle of nowhere and no one could hear me). I couldn't fall asleep at all that night (not like anyone else was able to either). *glares* And my school wouldn't cancel like all the other schools in Western PA!

Indy_Steelers
06-09-2006, 06:30 PM
We started counting down when there was ten seconds left. My heart felt like it was going to burst from being overly happy at any given moment. When time ran out, i ran out on my friend's deck and started screaming my head off. (even though her house is in the middle of nowhere and no one could hear me). I couldn't fall asleep at all that night (not like anyone else was able to either). *glares* And my school wouldn't cancel like all the other schools in Western PA!

i started counting down at 15 seconds. i could not wait until 10. the first person i called was my best friend, a Colts, fan. the same person i called first when we beat the Colts. i was so excited i had trouble sleeping for days. i was up until well after midnight i lost track of time. after SB XL the local indy news came to our steelers bar to do a live report at
11pm. we got to be on tv. indy knows about the steeler nation now. i told someone to day that there are 2 kinds of people in this world. steelers fans and thoes who wish they were.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-09-2006, 06:42 PM
they say a picture is worth a 1000 words and I do belive with this we get just that

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5316/6771442400x3005fc.jpg

All I can priceless about that picture. Bill Cowher deserved to win Super Bowl. It would have been a shame if he never won one. But now Cowher only has to worry about winning more.

Also that was one of the happiest moments of my life. Tears of joy ran down my face when the Steelers won Super Bowl XL. All those previous let downs in the past didn't even matter any more. Since I wasn't alive to experience the Steel Curtain years. My Super Bowl memory was Neil O'Donnell throwing away Super Bowl XXX against the Cowboys. Neil is replaced by Willie Parkers record breaking TD run and El's pass to Hines for the game clinching TD.

I just wanted to see the Steelers win one Super Bowl before I died. I have seen the Steelers win one and it won't be the last. It would be awesome if the Steelers won another 4 Super Bowl's in 6 years like those great Steel Curtain teams. But if they don't I'm still very proud of this team and we have a great shot to repeat this year.

SteelersMongol
06-09-2006, 07:50 PM
All I can priceless about that picture. Bill Cowher deserved to win Super Bowl. It would have been a shame if he never won one. But now Cowher only has to worry about winning more.

Also that was one of the happiest moments of my life. Tears of joy ran down my face when the Steelers won Super Bowl XL. All those previous let downs in the past didn't even matter any more. Since I wasn't alive to experience the Steel Curtain years. My Super Bowl memory was Neil O'Donnell throwing away Super Bowl XXX against the Cowboys. Neil is replaced by Willie Parkers record breaking TD run and El's pass to Hines for the game clinching TD.

I just wanted to see the Steelers win one Super Bowl before I died. I have seen the Steelers win one and it won't be the last. It would be awesome if the Steelers won another 4 Super Bowl's in 6 years like those great Steel Curtain teams. But if they don't I'm still very proud of this team and we have a great shot to repeat this year.

Couldn't agree more, Black and Gold Forever 32! I would love to see them win another 2, or 3 at least. Though I am a late comer to this being part of the Steelers Nation, the day that we won Seahawks for SB-XL was one of my happiest day.

That morning I went to church, I hardly ever go to church. But I thought that I should. That day, until the game started, oh man, the time just won't pass.

I watched it on our school campus with bunch of guys (most of them suppose to be Packers and Vikings fans). I was the only one with my jersey, a hat, and terrible towel. Most of them were rooting for the Seahawks, but the STEELERS showed them. I would've point my fingers at them and laugh, but I'm a nice guy.

Right after the game I called two of my best friends, my brother-in-law, and brother and I was screaming on the phone until my voice started to off. Yeah. It's too bad I won't be here in the US for another few years at least. But THANK YOU GOD for blessing us with that victory!