PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey fined for late hit

SteelCityMom
10-06-2011, 12:45 PM
NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit
Thursday, October 06, 2011
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey said he was fined $7,500 by the NFL for a late hit in Sunday's loss in Houston.

Pouncey was penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct when he blocked Texans linebacker Connor Barwin to the ground after a 14-yard run by Mewelde Moore in the second quarter.

Pouncey is the third Steelers player to be fined by the league this season.

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11279/1180174-100.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1a1bJ65B9

gloydfan
10-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Shocker.

fer522
10-06-2011, 01:11 PM
really!! did you guys see the hit
i know they talked about it but they
never showed the replay
or at least i didn't see it
i hate goodell:club:

truesteelerfan
10-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Screw you Lord/King/Furher Goodell

Fire Arians
10-06-2011, 03:13 PM
it's pretty much a guarantee if you do anything that draws a 15 yard flag you're going to get fined

skinart82
10-06-2011, 04:14 PM
They never did show the hit again, this shit is getting out of hand and is really ruining it for me! They are so bad now that they're punishing people that were not even in the league when they did something wrong, like Pryor, it's like suspending me from work for something I did at my last job!!! It's a joke!

OX1947
10-06-2011, 05:04 PM
The owners employee this clown, I'm waiting on these assholes to do something about it. They do not seem too.

tanda10506
10-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Games going downhill fast. EVERY big hit is a penalty and fine, for me it has litteraly took about 50% of the fun out of watching football. Few more years in this direction and it will be NCAA or nothing for me, and hopefully many others.

ricardisimo
10-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Why would the owners have a problem with taking money away from the players? What I don't understand is how the players could have signed off on a CBA that didn't put a stop to this shit. Incredible. Any union worth its salt would insist on mediating any "punishments".

What is the point of the fines? The PR is that it's to minimize injuries. Have injuries been minimized? No. That should be the end of the discussion: The fines don't work, so stop dishing them out.

OX1947
10-06-2011, 08:16 PM
The owners hold the power, not the players. The players can collectively talk to each of their owners and tell them, look, this getting out of hand, it needs to stop.

ricardisimo
10-06-2011, 08:31 PM
The owners hold the power, not the players. The players can collectively talk to each of their owners and tell them, look, this getting out of hand, it needs to stop.
If the owners held all the power, there would have been no reason to negotiate a new CBA. The owners would have just said "This is what you get" and that would have been that. No, they negotiated because the players can say "no" to things, as they did with the 18-game schedule. This should have been a No.

kirklandrules
10-07-2011, 10:07 AM
really!! did you guys see the hit
i know they talked about it but they
never showed the replay
or at least i didn't see it
i hate goodell:club:

I saw the hit. It happened right at the point of the play so the t.v. caught it. It was after the whistle and I could understand the flag (even though the hit wasn't anything that would cause an injury). The fines are getting out of hand and I think the rest of the league is going to regret not voting with the Steelers on reducing the powers of the commish.